As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Thread: It's DRAFT Day!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    RONK

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys but Joe Buck has won my heart
    Everyone here "at the genius bar" looks like they are the girl with the dragon tattoo. Hi, I would like a macbook pro and a clavicle bolt

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone wrote that line for Joe Buck. The only reason why you don't hate it is because you didn't have to hear him speak.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2012
    7428.jpg

That is a face that is impossible to like. Even his mother hated him.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Joe Buck is actually very intelligent and it wouldn't surprise me if he was a cool guy to talk to off camera. He comes off a lot better in interviews than he does as a sports caster.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Of course he is intelligent. Look at the size of the dude's head. He's got to be rated a super genius on the phrenology scale.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Didn't Joe Buck accept a dare from Conan O'Brien to sneak the phrase "jub jub" into a World Series broadcast one year?

Because my generally favorable attitude toward him is entirely based on that.

edit: all right, it wasn't a false memory after all.

from the wikipedias:
    On an appearance prior to the 2007 World Series, Buck explained to O'Brien that sometimes his friends text message him during games and dare him to work words or phrases into the broadcast. O'Brien asked him to say "Jub-Jub" during a World Series broadcast, and if he did, he would donate $1,000 to a charity of Buck's choice. During the third inning of Game 1, Buck duly obliged: "Our own little Jub Jub, Chris Myers, playing the role of weather person..."

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Of course he is intelligent. Look at the size of the dude's head. He's got to be rated a super genius on the phrenology scale.

Trust me, that doesn't mean anything

• Options
    I get the sense he's pretty smart too

But he's absolutely whipped by his employers as well

• Options
    Yeah, I don't honestly hate Joe Buck, I just hate his broadcasts...and his face.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I hate his sermonizing, I hate that he can't be a straight play-by-play guy, I hate how he can't ever quite stay neutral even though as a national broadcaster he really should and if I wanted bias I'd just listen to the hometown guy, I hate how he hammers the stupid talking points that his producers hand him even though I guess that's his job, and I too hate his stupid face.

• Options
    There is enough forehead on that guy to land a small aircraft.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    During one of the Thanksgiving games a few years ago, Joe Buck's daughters were brought into the booth so that he could introduce his family. He couldn't remember the name of his youngest. :P

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bogey wrote:
    During one of the Thanksgiving games a few years ago, Joe Buck's daughters were brought into the booth so that he could introduce his family. He couldn't remember the name of his youngest. :P

Please tell me you are joking. Because if this is true, its just sad.

edit: I tried to look this up on the internet. Couldn't find anything.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Oh man. As a part of the Super Bowl festivities in town, George Clinton is going to play in my neighborhood. I am gonna have to get in on that.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    I like to confuse my dad about my age. I'll say I'm some age, obviously older than I am, and he'll say "No you're not" and then fumble around trying to remember my actual age

• Options
    The only national broadcaster I can think of that is worth a damn is Chris Collinsworth.

• Options
    My suspicion is that TV broadcasting is like driving and talking on the phone at the same time... where on one hand you have to make sure that you are filling the dead air with your voice, and on the other you have to make sure that you are actually saying things that make sense... oh AND you are listening to your director the whole time

and you can't truly do both well at the same time

• Options
    edited January 2012
    NFL anyway, sure. The NBC hockey guys are pretty good.

Edit: and I agree with Jasconius. There's a reason that a lot of the famous/beloved broadcasters are from baseball, it's the only sport where you can pace yourself enough to consistently make sense and have good conversation.

Peen on
  • Options
    I meant NFL only. I should have said that.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    The only national broadcaster I can think of that is worth a damn is Chris Collinsworth.

I just remember him during the broncos-bears game sounding really exasperated during tebow time

"How does this happen? How does this continue to happen?"

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Keith wrote:
    I like to confuse my dad about my age. I'll say I'm some age, obviously older than I am, and he'll say "No you're not" and then fumble around trying to remember my actual age

Next, try to convince him you're aging faster than he is. Compute a date when you'll catch up to him and hand him pages of indecipherable math scribbles.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I love one of the broadcasters on CBS I think it is. I can't remember who it is though. part of that love is how he was gushing about fitzpatrick last year though and how he says his name. I am bias!

• Options
    Larlar wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Next, try to convince him you're aging faster than he is. Compute a date when you'll catch up to him and hand him pages of indecipherable math scribbles.

You've met me, Larry

I can barely convince people I'm aging, let alone at an accelerated rate

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Rich Gannon is a really good analyst during the games he calls.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Goose! wrote:
    It could still cause him to not run so well, and thus his routs will be poorer. And the Giants will of course go after him.

The advantage of at least having him on the field then, is it takes some pressure off Hernandez and Welker.

But then again I doubt he can bring his army on the field without drawing a penalty so the chances of a poor rout are greatly reduced.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    I hate Kenny Albert, mostly because he looks like an alien.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote:
    I hate Kenny Albert, mostly because he looks like an alien.

Face for radio that guy

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote:
    Butters wrote:
    My IT guy is not the type to be friends with.

IT guys are always the ones you want to be friends with. We run the world!

Muahahahahahaha!

Seriously, buy him a scone and some coffee and ask him to unfilter the internet for you. He will.
    As an IT guy, I wouldn't do shit like that for anyone, even my friends.

That's... doing work when you could be fucking around.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Are we listing the worst NFL announcers ever?

Because no list would be complete without Brian Baldinger.

• Options
    I just don't pay attention to the broadcasters

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Keith wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Keith wrote:

You've met me, Larry

I can barely convince people I'm aging, let alone at an accelerated rate

Or...you're aging too fast to see with the naked eye.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    I maintain that Ron Jaworski can be good, but as a show guy not as a broadcast guy.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    mcp wrote:
    SeñorAmor wrote:
    Butters wrote:
    My IT guy is not the type to be friends with.

IT guys are always the ones you want to be friends with. We run the world!

Muahahahahahaha!

Seriously, buy him a scone and some coffee and ask him to unfilter the internet for you. He will.
    As an IT guy, I wouldn't do shit like that for anyone, even my friends.

That's... doing work when you could be fucking around.

Dude, shut up! I'm trying to get us free coffee and scones!

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Tony Siragusa is easily one of the worst sideline announcers in the game, and it's at the point where they let him speak up whenever he has a thought.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    There was a rumor that Tom Brady got the entire team Uggs for making the Super Bowl, but then somebody said it was just a card from the company congratulating the team (since Brady is a model or sponsored by Uggs or some such).

Schefter is reporting that Ochocinco bought 70 Beats by Dre headphones for the team for the flight to Indy.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

I just remember him during the broncos-bears game sounding really exasperated during tebow time

"How does this happen? How does this continue to happen?"

Collinsworth is great.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    joe buck is pretty good at baseball broadcasts, not so much at football. i would probably pretend to moon him if i saw him on the sidewalk

This discussion has been closed.