As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spider thread!

Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
img0158az.jpg
Does anybody here know their spiders well enough to identity this blurred little hellion?

It's on a massive cobweb outside my house. It's about ... two inches in diameter? Maybe three. So, it's largish. It doesn't look hairy at all -- more like some kind of spider robot from a Japanese action game. The colours are pretty spot-on: a buff body and burgundy, uh, bits.

Also if you can convince my girlfriend it's not going to climb in through the window and devour us as we sleep, I'd appreciate it!

Cheers!

Baron Dirigible on

• sys64738sys64738 Registered User regular
    Looks like some variety of orb weaver. Generally harmless unless you walk into the web and run into a wall while freaking out.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    sys64738 wrote:
    Looks like some variety of orb weaver. Generally harmless unless you walk into the web and run into a wall while freaking out.

Agreed. Disgusting but harmless - they do build massive webs and the associated running-about-flailing-and-screeching freakout when you can really feel each strand on you is quite dangerous.

• Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    Thanks guys! It looks like we have one of these little critters. Kind of surprised I haven't seen one before, if they're so common!