As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chuck Vs. The End

2»

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've enjoyed the handful of episodes of Monk I've seen.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I really liked that finale, you guys.

I know a lot of people kind of fell by the wayside as the show went on, and I know it had some rough stretches (it never really matched the consistency (and budget) of the second season, for one), but I think the whole "fun little show" thing is kind of...I dunno, not really fair. It was fun, and it was light at parts, and it certainly never aspired to the level of something like a Breaking Bad, or whatever.

But it had a great cast, and was full of great characters that did grow and change over the course of the series, and a bunch of really memorable moments and argh you know what, I loved this show, and even though I'm glad they got to end it the way they wanted, and I'm glad it got five seasons, I'm still really sad that there are no more new Chuck episodes to watch.

The plot could get silly sometimes, and sometimes things got a little unbelievable, but because of how awesome the characters (and the actors behind them) were, it was actually pretty easy to ignore all those problems. I'm happy I stuck through to the end, just because I got closure with Chuck and the gang. I'm going to look pretty fondly back at this show, I think.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've enjoyed what I've seen of Monk

It's super formulaic but hell most detective shows are

Also Chuck is super good, I look forward to seeing how they wrap the series up!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    mori it is sooooooo good also I would advise that you not look at any of the tweets I have made in the past two hours

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I already did, but they're pretty nonsensical out of context

Plus it's twitter, my mind empties what I've read on there after an hour

• Options
    also: morgan actually turned into a really cool character, and I would love to see joshua gomez in more things

zachary levi and yvonne strahovski are both probably going to be fine, since they're both pretty versatile and really talented and adam baldwin is going to keep on getting the parts he's been getting for the past thirty odd years

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    I still feel Adam Baldwin's best role was Jane on Firefly, I think that was the strongest example of him just being, him

I've just seen the end of season 4. Good to see Season 5's just finished, means I have some more catching up to do. Judging by the end of season 4, they didn't really plan for season 5 til the last second, does that reflect in the season?

Fantastic
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Unlucky wrote:
    I still feel Adam Baldwin's best role was Jane on Firefly,

So you never watched full metal jacket, huh

• Options
    goddamn firefly

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    We got to page 2 without bringing it up!

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    Unlucky wrote:
    I still feel Adam Baldwin's best role was Jane on Firefly,

So you never watched full metal jacket, huh

He could've at least spelled Jayne right.

But yeah, Animal Mother was a much better performance, but definitely not his most enjoyable character.