As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The title monument (Honor) doesn't require a tapestry. It comes gratis. The other four require tapestries.

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    No, it doesn't, I noticed that when I went back with a tapestry. Oh well, needed it anyway, and my points continue to grow. Delicious rewards await.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    It took a bloody age, but finally I have a Black Moa Chick.

Flay on
    I had one of those fantastic moments while trawling Kamadan chat yesterday. Someone was offering minis for 500g. So I asked him what he had, figuring it'd just be someone trying to unload a pile of year one birthday commons or something.

NOPE! All told for around 7k I picked up 8 year 4 and 5 white commons, a positive bargoon. The long and the short is that now I'm up to 34 points in the good, ol' HoM, and soon to be 35.

Seriously considering aiming for 45. It's like every time I reach the milestone, well, why not just keep playing!

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Finally beat Nightfall last night (yeah, I know, but I'm not a fan of deserts,) so all my campaigns are done now. Just need a couple more Elona zones and I'll have my Grandmaster Cartographer, too. Speaking of which, does anybody have any good tips for the Remains of Sahlahja challenge mission beyond "eat scalefin soup and pray"? I'm awful at it.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Cartographer title is SO MUCH WORK for a tiny reward unless you're going for > 30 HoM points...

Speaking of which, does anybody have any good tips for the Remains of Sahlahja challenge mission beyond "eat scalefin soup and pray"? I'm awful at it.
    Are you just having issues doing the exploration in there, or what?

edited January 2012
    Entriech wrote:
    Speaking of which, does anybody have any good tips for the Remains of Sahlahja challenge mission beyond "eat scalefin soup and pray"? I'm awful at it.

Well, I need to get the doors open to do the exploration, unless there's an exploit. If there is, gimmie gimmie.

And I'm doing Cartographer because I enjoy it, using Cartography Made Easy, at least. I've seen so many neat vistas from exploring every nook and cranny on the maps.

SwashbucklerXX on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I'm doing Cartographer because when I bought EotN, I discovered that I already had 70+% of the map explored. Filling in the last few percentage points wouldn't be that hard, right?

Apparently it is, because it's been three months now and I'm still at 79.8% explored.

Of course, I've been mostly working on Protector and I just started Factions/Nightfall.

26904.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    whew, done with hero armors, just need more $$$ for prestige armor and weapons. 17/30 so i'm making progress, 1 more title will get me +3 to that, which i'm close to getting, just need a few more factions or nightfall masters to put those up.

Entriech wrote:

Well, I need to get the doors open to do the exploration, unless there's an exploit. If there is, gimmie gimmie.
    Nope, just have to play the game. It's not terribly hard though. The central area has four of the large critters to kill that allow you to kill the ghosts. That should open at least one door, and I think it opens randomly. So farm til you get a door open, go explore that quadrant, rinse and repeat.

The general strategy is, when you know a lost soul should be coming (and they ramp up fast), get to a large dude, get it to low health, then wait til the lost soul is close, kill large dude, then kill lost soul. Don't forget the speed skill + skill 3 will knock down the target and give you a good chunk of health.

Yeah, I've been doing all that, I just seem to not be recovering enough health between Mad Soul 1 and Mad Soul 2. Probably just have to be quicker.

• RookRook Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote:
    I'm doing Cartographer because when I bought EotN, I discovered that I already had 70+% of the map explored. Filling in the last few percentage points wouldn't be that hard, right?

Apparently it is, because it's been three months now and I'm still at 79.8% explored.

Of course, I've been mostly working on Protector and I just started Factions/Nightfall.

Have you tried Texmod? It really makes cartography a lot easier.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_modifying_in-game_graphics
    http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/texmod-cartography-made-easy-fog-t10349841.html

Yeah, I've been doing all that, I just seem to not be recovering enough health between Mad Soul 1 and Mad Soul 2. Probably just have to be quicker.
    Make sure that you've charged up your skill 2 on the large critter before you kill it. Then when the lost soul hits, use that, then skill 3 for a big heal, then skill 1, and by then the thing should be mostly dead. It really does come down to efficiently managing the use of skill 3, though. Always ensure you get the 500 point heal off it.

Thanks, I'll work on doing that!

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Flay wrote:

That has to be my favorite mini just because of all the stuff you have to do to get it.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited January 2012
    KetBra wrote:
    Flay wrote:

That has to be my favorite mini just because of all the stuff you have to do to get it.

It was fun to get, plus at least now I have access to the Iron Forgeman. Too bad my heroes are too slow to kill him.

Question: what's the cheapest rare miniature you can get? I need one for my hall.

Flay on
    Flay wrote:
    KetBra wrote:
    Flay wrote:

It was fun to get, plus at least now I have access to the Iron Forgeman. Too bad my heroes are too slow to kill him.

Question: what's the cheapest rare miniature you can get? I need one for my hall.

I've seen first year gold minis go for 20k or less. I think the new celestial mini might be in the same price range, I think last years was.

What a load of nonsense. "Double click to transform yourself into a rabbit". That's a hare if I ever saw one.

1208768734831.jpg
    Woot, managed to get far enough in the challenge mission to get my Elonian Cartographer and Grandmaster Cartographer titles, which also bumped me up to Kind of a Big Deal, so I got to charm a Rainbow Phoenix.

Woot, managed to get far enough in the challenge mission to get my Elonian Cartographer and Grandmaster Cartographer titles, which also bumped me up to Kind of a Big Deal, so I got to charm a Rainbow Phoenix.

Congrats!!!

Nice!

Spent some plat last night kitting out my Ritualist's other spec. Now as well as the ever popular signet of spirits build, I can also run a soul twisting defensive spirits build. My wife and I are starting to delve into some of the hard mode dungeons, and I figured the extra damage reduction would pay off well, even if it doesn't synergize perfectly with a minion master.

I am kinda tempted to have her replace Death Nova with something else though. I guess I'll wait and see how stable the minion wall is with Shelter, Union, and Displacement running every 15 seconds.

Also if anyone's doing Cartography, I can't recommend TexMod enough. Being able to clearly see where you haven't gone yet is a blessing, and carting graphs helps break up some of the monotony that comes with vanquishing.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Decided to give a variation on this build a try: http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Rt/Me_Glaive_Bomber Which for me looks something like... http://gw.gamependium.com/tools/builds/template/?key=OAWkEEDrITSDxeJ448mEBRnJAKA

My god things explode. Coming back after a little break It kind of dawned on me that I've got this perfectly good Necromancer hero that could just summon undead horrors for me instead.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Imagine how it did before the nerf.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I am slowly working my Rit through Nightfall so I can start earning money again. Just finished Venta Cemetery... This is going to be a lot easier since I realized I don't need the master bonuses on my rit, since I have them on my sin :D

i need to try and get into some DoA pugs. i've finished factions/nightfall/eotn on my rit and i'm doing dungeons and such, and getting my ranger through NF as well. i want to get either ancient or primevil armor on him, probably ancient, since i like it better, and i can get primevil on my derv.

Two pieces of stolen sunspear armour and my hall of monuments has rocketed up to 15 points. Halfway there!

Also the charr plush is brilliant.

the charr plush is awesome. i'm at 17/30, working on more prestige armors, dungeons, and zaishen quests.

edited February 2012
    I am working on War in Kryta, and farming enough gold to finish my elite armor set in the process. I'm kind of at a loss as what to do after that, though.

Black Moa Chick?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    moa chick is on my list, but after armors, and weapons i reckon, since i may/may not need the point for a green pet.

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I am working on War in Kryta, and farming enough gold to finish my elite armor set in the process. I'm kind of at a loss as what to do after that, though.

Black Moa Chick?

If you haven't gotten the Master's/Secondary rewards for the campaigns you have, there's that to get points for the 10 titles.

A full monument of armor (5 sets?) helps, and to save money it should be known that you need everything but the helmet to dedicate it (unless you plan on using it afterwards which then you might need it)

I don't know what you have or have not finished already so I can't pinpoint where you are as far as the Hall goes.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
    i'm planning on getting kurzick armor, but not vabbian, i figure i can buy 2 sets of prestige armor for the cost of vabbian. and i'll get 3 weapons instead. then once i have 10 titles and black moa chick, i'll be at 30.

on the other hand... ghostly hero is a cool title... D:

Black Moa Chick?

If you haven't gotten the Master's/Secondary rewards for the campaigns you have, there's that to get points for the 10 titles.

A full monument of armor (5 sets?) helps, and to save money it should be known that you need everything but the helmet to dedicate it (unless you plan on using it afterwards which then you might need it)

I don't know what you have or have not finished already so I can't pinpoint where you are as far as the Hall goes.

Beaten core and nightfall, got 1 pet to 20, hero armor for all elite sunspear heroes. 9 points total. Working on the first armor and weapon monuments currently.

1208768734831.jpg
    You could get a spider from the underworld, or the black moa which are both level 20 and count as a rare pet. Finish Sorrow's Furnace and get the baby moa. Then pick one other elite area and do factions. Also try and get a celestial pet from the lunar fortunes from canthan new year.

• Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    I need to get on this HoM stuff. I only have 4 points.
    Yay free point for MOX.

Steam: simon moon
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote:
    Cartographer title is SO MUCH WORK for a tiny reward unless you're going for > 30 HoM points...

I'm 90% on Cantha Cartographer with Cartography Made Easy with pretty minimal time investment (but I already had 70% when I started). The rest that I need doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to get.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Yeah, Tyria is the most difficult Cartography title. Cantha is a bit tricky in a few areas, and Elona isn't difficult at all, as the maps appear to have been designed with the Cartography title in mind.

I just need one more point for 25, which gets me the white raven skin--pretty much the last thing I'm actually interested in from the HoM. I might try to go for 30, but meh. Getting to 25 has already been an on-and-off project for about a year now.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Speaking as someone who has only recently got into GW and who got kind of distracted midway through Prophecies, how feasible will playing GW for HoM points before GW2 comes out be, and will it be any fun or a huge grind? I've not seen any of the Factions or Nightfall content yet.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Shouldn't be difficult, I've got 3 random points for a 'linked account' not sure exactly what got that. But that alone bot me boots, leggings, and the chest piece for the rewards.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    getting 30 points starting from 0 will take a few months, unless you play a lot. most people say to start a Ritualist in factions, play through, then nightfall, then proph/EOTN. you'll have a few titles then, and have a decent bit of money saved up for buying prestige armor. then start doing whatever you intend to do to make money and farm those points.

a big reason for making a Rit is to do frostway DoA runs for money to buy what you need. in the end play what you want and have fun, i'm enjoying my rit though, pve is easier on him than most of my other toons, but they are pretty easy to play, and quite forgiving.