As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling Games

PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm after a gift for my mate, he enjoys watching TNA (the one with Sting in right?) but I believe any Wrestling brand would do game wise.
Need some help here though as my last dip into these types of games was 10+ years ago.

He would mostly play the game in his living room with a few buddies so it'd be preferable if it had up to 4 player local. Oh and it needs to be on the 360. We're looking for the fun factor and flair here rather then the realism of MMA type games.

Any suggestions? Any ones to avoid?

Prime on

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I know nothing about wrestling games, but I do know that one Jeff Gerstmann does. With that in mind, WWE All Stars is the best-rated wrestling game on GiantBomb.

• PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Seems to tick the boxes, I did see it previously in my search but would like a PA goers opinion on it before I grab it.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    All Stars is crazy fun and really good when you have people visiting as it's less complex than the more serious game based on current storylines/etc. Anyone can pick it up, learn the basic controls and button mash to a win or two. It's basically the NBA Jam/NFL Blitz of wrestling. It can get old single player once you've unlocked everything, but that's pretty typical given it's more arcade than simulation.

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    WWE 12 looks to be pretty fun.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
    The last wrestling game I played was Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, I had tons of fun with it with my friend at the time and we played it every day for months.

Obviously that's kind of outdated, but as far as I know they're still making them so maybe that?

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    WWE '12 = Smackdown vs. Raw '12.

• MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
    Oh okay. I'd never heard it referred to as such before so I didn't know, like I said it's been a while.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    As far as games the two mentioned, All Stars and WWE '12, would be the best picks. The TNA Impact game that came out was pretty bad from what I've heard and even alot of die hard TNA fans have trouble recommending it.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Melinoe wrote:
    Oh okay. I'd never heard it referred to as such before so I didn't know, like I said it's been a while.

This is the first year they've changed up the naming convention. Last year it was called Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

• PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Going with all stars, seems to pretty much tick everything and I think the arcade vide its giving off will go over well.