As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2011 PAX Forums SEKRIT SANTA!!! *Time for Christmas Stalking!*

18910111214»

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Yay!! I'm glad it made it! I'm rather flummoxed that it took a month. I think it was all the TARDIS that was in the box. That was a lot of TARDIS in one place. I do know that TARDIS makes the British government nervous. I mean.. TARDIS usually ends well but has tears in the middle parts, most times it just results in
    redacted

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Now that we're further away from holiday cheer and closer to banhammer time, the general mood of PAX chat has shifted to something more like this:

http://5secondfilms.com/watch/a-christmas-wish-he-cant-refuse

However, other folks have stepped in to provide some smile inducing holiday cheer.
    Mass_Effect.jpg

Dangeresquetoo brought Mass Effect to the party, and I'm told, my mind might spontaneously assplode.

I also have a super secret secret santa

http://youtu.be/W7QbRirHJEo

For geopolitical reasons I've been sworn to secrecy, but some say they only know 2 facts about ducks and they're both wrong, and if they were in charge of Valve they would have made damn sure Half-Life 2: Episode 3 would have been finished!

Instead we got this
    Gabe-Newell-Ladies-Man.jpg

But I digress. My S.S.S.S also brought some awesome to the party.
    FEAR3.jpg

I've been a huge F.E.A.R. fan since it came out (I even enjoyed the 2nd one which by all accounts wasn't that good). I'm told that this one still isn't shit your pants scary like the first one was, but that its still a top shelf shooter. I've always loved the gameplay mechanics so I'm looking forward to taking a big bite out of this one.

I've also been threatened by my S.S.S.S. that more presents are on the way :D So thanks to both of you for rescuing my sekrit santa experience from the garbage pit, dusting it off, and making it awesome instead.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2012

I'm not a participant but I am the gf of the above poster. I am very grateful there are people like you who step in to brighten someones day when someone who'd been given ample time to deliver has failed. Christmas is a difficult time for a lot, but there are some who struggle day in and day out year round. So when someone doesn't make good on their promises it can really depress someone who's looking for a little cheer. Thanks again to those who stepped up!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • CaelestoCaelesto Registered User regular
    Aha, well special thanks goes to BrokenAngel for letting me know that, apparently, I didn't deliver a Christmas gift to Mysticode despite the face that Amazon tracking shows the package as being delivered on the 19th of December. Charming. I'd like to thank SmallLady for putting this event on, but maybe next time you could PM me, email me, or call me before attempting to publicly shame me =D

Cheers.

In all likelihood, this is my fault. If the current situation is not my fault, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may rectify this oversight. Thank you.
    ~The Management
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I did email you! :-( I never got a response.

But I apologize, I'll work harder to track down people next time.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Caelesto wrote:
    I'd like to thank SmallLady for putting this event on, but maybe next time you could PM me, email me, or call me before attempting to publicly shame me =D

It sucks that your gift said it arrived, but didn't. I'm pretty sure, though, that it's a good part of your responsibility to make sure it actually got there. Maybe posting in this thread saying that the tracking number said it arrived, but your giftee hadn't posted about it?

SmallLady wrote:
    I did email you! :-( I never got a response.

But I apologize, I'll work harder to track down people next time.

I truly believe that you did, but I don't have any record of an email from you...I'm starting to think evil elves have been up to no good. Not only is Mysticode's package missing, but your email never got to me, and it is impossible to reach an actual person at DHL Global mail (At least, for me, over the phone, at 5:50pst, I can't get anyone).

I'm sorry for being dickish in my previous posting, I guess I should have gathered more information before being all passive-aggressive-y, but I haven't had any communication (up until now), so it kinda blind-sided me.
    zerzhul wrote:
    Caelesto wrote:
    I'd like to thank SmallLady for putting this event on, but maybe next time you could PM me, email me, or call me before attempting to publicly shame me =D

It sucks that your gift said it arrived, but didn't. I'm pretty sure, though, that it's a good part of your responsibility to make sure it actually got there. Maybe posting in this thread saying that the tracking number said it arrived, but your giftee hadn't posted about it?

Is it my responsibility? Probably so. I think next year I'll just sit this event out then, since I'm a busy guy, and at Christmas doubly so. I don't really have time to keep up-to-date with the particulars of an event like this when I assume everything is going peachy. Since I don't have the time, I won't put myself in the position next year.

In all likelihood, this is my fault. If the current situation is not my fault, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may rectify this oversight. Thank you.
    ~The Management
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    Cynd3rCyn wrote:

I'm not a participant but I am the gf of the above poster. I am very grateful there are people like you who step in to brighten someones day when someone who'd been given ample time to deliver has failed. Christmas is a difficult time for a lot, but there are some who struggle day in and day out year round. So when someone doesn't make good on their promises it can really depress someone who's looking for a little cheer. Thanks again to those who stepped up!

Cynd3rCyn, I have a strange hunch that we share a first name ;)

edited January 2012
    Ok, so talking with Amazon proved to be more fruitful than trying to get in touch with the shipping company itself. Amazon is going to send out a new order...and hopefully this time Mysticode will receive his gift.

^^^
    The above is lies, they don't have the version Mysticode wanted anymore. Crap.

Caelesto on
    ~The Management
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I was thinking the same thing when I first saw your handle Cynthetic ^5 for the Cynthia's of the world!

PS: Yoshamano received his originally anticipated gift today. He will provide pictures as quickly as I can pester him to do such!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • mysticodemysticode Registered User regular
    Caelesto wrote:
    Ok, so talking with Amazon proved to be more fruitful than trying to get in touch with the shipping company itself. Amazon is going to send out a new order...and hopefully this time Mysticode will receive his gift.

^^^
    The above is lies, they don't have the version Mysticode wanted anymore. Crap.

Amazon ftw! Thanks for the followup Caelesto.

• yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I was visited by an angel today. Lets call that angel Steve, and he works for:
    logo-header-fedex.pngSee that arrow between the E and the X? Now you'll never unsee it! You're welcome :-P

Steve brought Sekrit Santa goodies!
    CIMG0025.jpg

Being the very civilized fella that I am. I employed the most dignified way of opening a package of this type.
    CIMG0027.jpg

With the foe vanquished I was greeted by a classy looking envelope and 2 wrapped parcels.
    CIMG0028.jpg

I decided to just use my hands to unwrap at this point and I was greeted by these goodies.
    CIMG0029.jpg

I had to make sure and let Cynd3rCyn's and my cat Frankie inspect them for biological weapons.
    CIMG0030.jpg

I'd like to point out that I think you have beautiful handwriting, as opposed to my chicken scratches which are unfit for human consumption. I remember stumbling on to the Manga Guides awhile back and thought it was the coolest concept. The CIA Manual of Trickery and Deception tripped my trigger because I've been fascinated with slight-of-hand magic for as long as I can remember. So these two gems will indeed keep me very entertained, and your letter brought a smile to my face and made me laugh. Next time I'm at PAX I'll take you up on that beer, and hopefully have some local brews to hand out.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    So, I've been having a problem that sometimes prevents me from posting on the forums here. Recently, it got worse to the point that it stopped me from posting altogether. So I came home January, opened my gift, saw that it was awesome, tried to post, and failed.

"Oh, I'll set up my old computer and do it later," I thought, but I never got around to it, and my main computer wouldn't post to the forums.

Yesterday, the second part of my gift arrived and it was so unreasonably awesome that, I had to dig my other computer out of storage to post. I don't have photos, but hopefully I'll be able to update with some soon.

Let me just say that my Santa is awesome, and I am not worthy.

PAX Secret Santa: the gift that keeps on giving!

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    So, I've been having a problem that sometimes prevents me from posting on the forums here. Recently, it got worse to the point that it stopped me from posting altogether. So I came home January, opened my gift, saw that it was awesome, tried to post, and failed.

"Oh, I'll set up my old computer and do it later," I thought, but I never got around to it, and my main computer wouldn't post to the forums.

Yesterday, the second part of my gift arrived and it was so unreasonably awesome that, I had to dig my other computer out of storage to post. I don't have photos, but hopefully I'll be able to update with some soon.

Let me just say that my Santa is awesome, and I am not worthy.

PAX Secret Santa: the gift that keeps on giving!

Hooray, I'm glad you got them! I should hope you can get pictures, make everybody else jealous. ;p

Merry Christmas!

<3,

~Nullzone

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    boo. the thread was un-pinned and my santee (TWINKIE) still has not posted pictures. :( I assure the rest of you I was not a deadbeat santa. I sent a hand-embroidered tea towel (with three kinds of rare mushrooms embroidered on it b/c my santee loves mushrooms), a vintage bone china teacup and saucer w/ little mushrooms, 2 kinds of tea cookies that are made locally in winstom-salem, nc, some girardelli chocolates, and I think there was something else in the box but I can't even remember anymore. oh well.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I received a final notice from Canada Post saying something was being held for me. Odd since I didn't receive the first or second notice. Maybe they're just skipping to the final one to save money, as another part of the Economic Action Plan(TM).

Anyhow I'll update later if it is indeed my second gift.

Update: Nope just my BF3 poster.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    Decius wrote:
    I received a final notice from Canada Post saying something was being held for me. Odd since I didn't receive the first or second notice. Maybe they're just skipping to the final one to save money, as another part of the Economic Action Plan(TM).

Well, you should still be getting 2 more packages with goodies.

Wx8ay.png
    edited January 2012
    And I did! Also the cute girl running the mail counter recognized the name ThinkGeek winky.gif

Anyhow, here's the parcel in all it's glory. Sadly the customs claim ruined the surprise by saying exactly what was in the package.
    sekrit-santa-2011-07.jpg

Yay! A new coffee mug, with a caffeine molecule on the side. It's mugception. Also the multitool is nice. The knife on it is really sharp.
    sekrit-santa-2011-08.jpg

Thank you Snifit!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Lest anyone think my santa is a bad santa and thus billy bob thornton, he bequethed me Fallout to bide package waiting time by gleefully killing... Err... Saving people.

I am diligently appearing in local post offices to browse the pile of boxes with western names on them :)

I have received my Sekrit Santa gift from Cynthetic! Yay! Officially got it last week, some photos to come 8D

I received one final gift from Snifit/SpawnOfCthulhu
    sekrit-santa-2011-09.jpg

If you're having a hard time seeing what it is in the picture, here's a link to it from ThinkGeek.

Once again thanks :D

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    Of course!

Glad you like everything ^^

Wx8ay.png
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    mysticode wrote:
    I have received my Sekrit Santa gift from Cynthetic! Yay! Officially got it last week, some photos to come 8D

I'd be interested to see what you got since... You weren't my santee and I didn't send you anything o.O lol. I'm so confused. Glad to know I'm sleep-walking to the post office and sending merriment everywhere :D wait... maybe I'm the real santa and I don't even know it! *gasp*

*gets kidnapped by elves and memory wiped* Wait... what were we talking about?

• CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Ok, after much struggle and hardship I have gotten my gift from my santa.

upon opening my box I discovered a note from my santa...
    20120131_140957.jpg
    20120131_141006.jpg

then proceeded to did further within the box...
    20120131_140851.jpg
    20120131_140916.jpg

and another note on the back of the original note... I wonder what it could be?
    20120131_141013.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/t4zMT#0

OH DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

and at the bottom of the box
    20120131_140943.jpg

THANK YOU D-BAG SANTA! THANK YOU!

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
    The sheer volume of awesomeness of Danny's gift... beyond comprehension.

Decius wrote:

They trolled me like that too, while I was waiting for my Sekrit Santa gift. But I was confused because I had no idea they were shipping me a poster!

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    CatBoy wrote:

20120131_140957.jpg
    20120131_141006.jpg

20120131_140851.jpg
    20120131_140916.jpg

20120131_141013.jpg

20120131_140943.jpg

Wow. Danneh wins best SS hands down.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • dedustdedust REVENGE OF THE PULLA o canadaRegistered User regular
    It could've been worse. There could've been STAINS.

Just sayin.
    :D

dustie at ircnet/qnet/slashnet
    @frellnik dustie, pantsu redirects me
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    CatBoy wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhhh that was amazeballs slash hilarious. well played, danneh.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote:
    CatBoy wrote:

20120131_140957.jpg
    20120131_141006.jpg

20120131_140851.jpg
    20120131_140916.jpg

20120131_141013.jpg

20120131_140943.jpg

Agreed. My hat, it is tipped. Cannot stop laughing.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    There are. No words. Simply... Yeah... I have no words. >.<

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    For your viewing pleasure, the documentation of the event of Catboy getting his Sekrit Santa gift....

Also, photos of the reactions when Danneh showed him the photoset taken with the gifts...
    SSreaction3.jpg
    SSreaction2.jpg
    SSreaction1.jpg

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    CatBoy wrote:

20120131_140957.jpg
    20120131_141006.jpg

20120131_140851.jpg
    20120131_140916.jpg

20120131_141013.jpg

20120131_140943.jpg

Agreed. My hat, it is tipped. Cannot stop laughing.

That is simultaneously the best and worst gift ever.

7B14287.png
    A late post! My apologies

Here is what my sekrit santa(s) got me!

Picture here

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    lol. hey, we need to meet up at east so i can give you your shirt.

7B14287.png
    Just mail it to me man! :p It shouldn't be an issue to ship..