As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Freezepop playing August 23rd@Chop suey

atrayatray Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Freezepop who is also playing at PAX this year, is playing in Seattle on August 23rd.
august 23 - at chop suey, 1325 e. madison, seattle. $6 before 10:30, $8 after more info tba

http://www.freezepop.com/news/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/freezepop

There pretty awesome this is a tough call between optimus ryhme and mc frontalot. For anyone having trouble finding rides to the high dive this might be a better option.

If your not familiar with the venue its up on Capitol Hill and is 1.2 Miles away from PAX.

atray on

• Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ugh...I hate choices like this one. Now all I need is Jonathan Coulton playing somewhere too that night.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Jonathon Coulton is playing September 23rd at the Triple Door

atray on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Chop Suey seems a little too hip for me.

Also:
    The Mainstage is The Triple Door’s centerpiece. Restored and updated from the bones of the historic Embassy Theatre, this 300-seat performance space is at once timeless and modern. The classic look of the gold-framed, red-curtained stage blends seamlessly with the contemporary, sleek, uncluttered array of half-moon booths and free-standing tables.

Okaaaay.....

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is this all ages, or 21+?

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I cannot find those details anywhere. I know its a club so probably 21+. When more info is available ill post it.

atray on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As Seattle events go (at least of this nature), clubs such as Chop Suey will advertise that a show is all ages pretty heavily. This serves two purposes: that you can come if you are underage, and also to warn those who are of age that this show will allow the underage through the door.

Otherwise you can pretty safely assome that the show is 21+.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Was the nerdcore show all ages? If not, I'm going here. Can't really go out as an annoying tourist and not drink. Is there a possibility that anyone's going somewhere else after the show or is everyone going straight back to the hotels?

Also, shit. Bitter:Sweet is playing there the 11th, I'm totally missing them then.

Also - http://www.perkatory.org/ - where you don't pay for coffee, you donate, they also have free wifi.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Maybe we could wear some sort of marker to indicate that we are PA forumers. That would make it easy meet up and decide what to do afterward. There are a few after-hours clubs, but of course they don't serve alcohol after between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.

BTW, I just got back from seeing KJ Sawka at Neumo's. That guy is always awesome. His mom was there selling his CDs and merch.

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Its 18+ according to the flyer.
    They put advance tickets on sale at ticketweb if it's something you're interested in. :) Looks like you can save $2 by showing up before 11 though (not an option for me).

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
This discussion has been closed.