As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gamma World] In the Shadow of Zeus [IC]

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    "I SHE how it is the blob gets the right Pronoun but the yeti doesn't pft Gearhead....get it right." Looking at the bartender "Can I have another one? It seems like this one is all gone.." The glass it came in seems like it to is missing.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    (That was actually a typo.)

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    (who cares hehehe it is still funny!!)

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    "Your heard my friend..." Sal leveled his mace at Carl and spit. "...we ain't giving you nothing so you all best get."

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    SilverBonesSilverBones The Ruined King North Bay AreaRegistered User regular
    As the Yeti turned around, she was greeted by the sight of an absent crab man. Upon further searching, he could be found on the underside of the serving bar, trying to look as small as possible.

“Extortion?!” Carl exclaimed with the same joyous tone as a certified lunatic.

“Why of course not! We are simply making sure that our service levels remain at a record high by strictly enforcing the legal obligations of our clients; you!” He added, gesturing to the town as a whole with his polearm.

“For answering your question, you have been charged a support fee of three-hundred and seventy-five dollars!”

The group continues to advance, now 60 feet away.

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Brad sighed as he watched the exchange between Carl and his traveling companions. You didn't have to have to have C4RN1V4L processor implanted inside your skull to see how this particular conversation was going to end.

Downing his drink in gulp, the dummy placed the glass back on the counter and retreived his weapon of choice, a seat-belt stapled to a plank of wood from his pack and meandered over to Liam.

"We shouldn't proceed with bravado, my friends, these types know nothing of reason or threats. They are following orders unquestioningly and won't be convinced otherwise. The question I pose to you, however is this: shall we pay them in the currency or in bruises?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "Listen, there, Carl...these people in this bar, they don't mean much to me. I get the solid feeling they don't want us here. But we take care of our own." Liam runs his gloved hand across his bare pate, wipes the sweat off, flicks it into the dust.

"See, I've already been behind you all 3 times now. I know your secrets, all your weapons, what your men keep in their wallets. You want to stop walking now." The floorboards of the bar's front porch vibrate, setting up a THRUM just below hearing range, as Liam's supercharged metabolism ramps up. "Or, if you think my money should be yours, try and catch me."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    "Gentlemen, perhaps we could work out a deal," said Jellica, floating to the door. "A deal where we don't pay and you don't die. Leave the nice people in this town alone and go pick on someone your own size. Unless you'd like to face me and my friends!" Her cape floated heroically behind her in the breeze as she shuddered indignantly.

• Options
    “I’m sorry, but the payment plans you have suggested do not fit in with our company policy of repayment!” Carl squeals in glee.

“In lieu of cash, the Zeus Electric Company will happily administer a physical payment out of you, followed by time in our debtor’s prison for the remainder of the outstanding funds.” He added, gesturing to the group which was answered by the ‘engineers’ becoming more combat-ready and advancing.

“A two-thousand, five-hundred dollar fee for this service will be levied against your bill!”

[Initiative rolls please!]

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
  • Options
    Initiative: 1d20+13 20

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    O gods...again...

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Engineers
    Carl
    The Current Initiative order is;

Brad
    Sal
    Carl
    Engineers
    Liam
    Jellica
    Hotaru

ENCOUNTER MAP

[The Crash Test Dummy is up first! Check the OOC thread for map instructions.]

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    The plastic dummy, ever cognizant of danger, moves forward quickly and lashes out with his homemade flail. Brad's arms stretch over 15 feet to the nearest Zeus engineer, cracking the drone's helmet slightly and dragging him closer to the group.

"There's more where that came from," the dummy intoned, trying to sound fierce. To the others, it sounded mostly like feedback
    Move forward:
    Standard: Stretchy Arms vs AC: 1d20+5+2 22 1d8+5 10

I certainly hope a 15 before mods hits. :)

Also, this map thing is awesome. It almost makes me want to run another PbP on here, since maps were the biggest pain in the ass about running them.

Encounter Map

Up next: Sal!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sal's already red skin began to flare and change to an even brighter shade. Twin trails of smoke curled up from each of his nostrils. He stepped forward his mace dangling loosely from his hand as his spurs rattled off of the uneven street. He looked at the nearest of the collection agents and opened his mouth unleashing a scorching ball of fire that leapt at the man engulfing him in a blaze.

Sal spit and his salvia hissed and crackled on the ground as he locked his eyes on Carl. "Fill your hands you son of a bitch!"
    Move Forward 3 squares.
    Standard Action: Fiery Flare
    Attack Roll: 1d20+4= 18 vs Reflex, hopefully that hits these guys.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3350341/
    Damage Roll: 2d8+6+2= 11. Wow. Bad damage roll.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3350354/

I can't get my icon to move on the map for some reason. Sorry.

Up next: Carl

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Engineer Stats: AC: 14 - Fort: 13 - Ref: 14 - Will: 11
    Carl's Stats: AC: 20 - Fort: 17 - Ref: 16 - Will: 16

The first engineer lands at Brads feet in a crumpled, mangled mess. His Helmet broken and obviously dead. Even then, another engineer is enveloped in flames as Sal's attack ignites the jumpsuit he is wearing and sends him rabidly flailing around like a chihuahua inferno.

"Killing engineers of the Zeus Electric Company will result in a ten-thousand dollar reemployment fee!" Carl happily gasps as he twirls his polearm around in his hands before setting it in a solid, ready stance.

"Allow me to service you!" he almost screams as he points the polearm in the party's direction. With a sudden push, Carl launches into the air, spiraling down onto the top of Sal, attempting to jam his polearm into the top of the lizards head.
    vs Reflex (1d20+8=14) (hit)
    + 5 ongoing electric (1d8+4=10) (5HP after damage reduction + Ongoing 5 Electrical (save Ends)

Sal is enveloped in lingering, crackling electricity and with a push, Carl vaults off of Sal's head like some kind of inhuman athlete, landing 10 feet away, and laughing. He moves too fast to get a swing in on him as he retreats however. Even before he lands, the remaining engineers swarm in with their implements.

Two swing their weapons at Sal...
    1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=16
    One of the engineers hit him with a dull thwack as a monkey wrench collides with his arm for 4 (9 total) points of damage (after physical reduction from your Swarm origin.)

The other two for Brad...
    1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=8
    One Engineer crits Brad by jamming a cattle prod device right into his eye socket. He takes 9 points of electrical damage and is knocked prone.

As Sal and Brad take some severe hits, you can see Carl taking a moment to jab some calculations into his wrist device, which is also spitting out a long line of paper. Even as the two engineers next to Sal erupt into flames by being so close to an infuriated and burning hot lizard, his mad glee only increases.

"Electrical costs! Wear and Tear on Equipment! Acrobatics Tax! Another twenty-four thousand!"

ENCOUNTER MAP

[Liam is up!]

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    edited January 2012
    "Carl, we gave you a choice. We gave you a chance. You had to make it personal. That was a bad move." Liam began vibrating at an even higher frequency, his outline blurring as high voice reaches a fever pitch. "None of you are walking away."
    Move forward.
    Standard Action: Bold Attack.
    Attack Roll (1d20+5=22)
    Damage Roll: Damage Roll (1d8+1=3)
    Sal can make an attack

"Get 'em, Sal!"

Encounter Map:
    http://beta.ditzie.com/24536/4f2861693e079

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    By the way, if I goofed anything up there, let me know. I think I'm clear on all the dice, but not sure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Jellica floated next to the wall, invisible. Suddenly she bobbed into view. Carl's feet felt heavy, and then crushed as if rocks had been dropped on them.

She laughed. "Hope you'll stick around Carl!. Hotaru's about to set this party on fire!"
    Grav Pulse vs Fort: 1d20+5 19 1d10+5 10 damage for Carl and he's slowed until the end of my next turn.

No changes to the map, Hottie is up!

daniant on
  • Options
    Carl looks immediately less cocky and an essence of seriousness fills his normally light tone.

"You dare try to stop me from servicing you!?!"

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    edited February 2012
    AHAHHAHAHHA "You really think we dare at this point? We don' hafta stop you, you will do that well enought for yourself if you stay little one. "

Hotaru bellows this as she steps out of the diner swinging her power pole as she moves to engage one of the goons.
    However before she hits him with the pole, she ends up dropping one end of it and sinking her clawed fist into his stomach
    "Silly human thing, you should leave before you get bite." Looking over at Carl with a hungry expression on her face.

[up next Brad]
    Updated map

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    The engineer curls over Hotaru's hand, dead.

MAP

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Brad stands up and smashes his flail into the engineer in front of him. "That was very rude," he mutters to the crumpled form at his feet.

Actions:
    Move to stand up.
    Standard: Stretchy Arms vs AC: 1d20+5+2 16 1d8+5 7

Map

Up Next: Sal!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As the residual electrcity from Carl's attack begins to dwindle and crackle with a few high pitched snaps Sal looks around in a daze. Touching his head lightly he feels his hat which had been smashed flat when Carl had leapt off of his head.

"Hey you polecat! Don't nobody don't touch this here hat cepting me and the gals down at the saloon!" He furiosly whips his mace at Carl barely skinning the top of the mans head before he charges forward. Midstep Sal splinters into dozens of inch high salamanders all of whom begin kicking and pucnhing at the remaining engineer but to no effect.

Actions
    Move: 1 square north, 2 squares east.

Free Attack: Ranged Basic Atttack: 1d20+7= 24 vs. 20 AC Carl. Hit!
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3353745/
    Damage: 1d10+1= 2
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3353752/

Standard Action: Swarm!: 1d20+5= 13 vs. 13 Reflex Engineer. Miss!
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3353749/

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Carl's helmet cracks, causing the light from the light bulb to flicker. Immediately, he seems to find the fight disheartening, seeing his protective wave of engineers fall and his last one making a suicidal charge at the Salamander Cowboy.

"I am proud of you, engineer! Service them well!" he said then adds, looking at the party (although through the helmet it is hard to tell),

"You have dirtied my perfect service record! I won't forget this!"

Pushing a button on his wrist, he implodes in a shower of sparks and arcing electricity and then simply pops out of sight, leaving behind a (fire retardant) utility bill to the total of $78,875.00. At the bottom, you notice a large set of red letters stating;

COLLECTION AGENTS HAVE BEEN ALERTED

The last engineer takes a swing at Sal...

1d20+4=9 (A Big, Fat Miss)

Swinging wide with his mace, he stumbles forward, seemingly uncaring that his boss has just disappeared and just before he can reel back for another swing, his proximity to the burning lizard man causes him to erupt into flames.

The street is left in silence, but the mark of the Zeus Electric Company has been left.

[Encounter Over; Good Job Guys!]

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    The many tiny salamanders squirm back together reshaping themselves into the tall skinny form of Sal. He squats down to pick p his fallen mace off of the ground then looks around at the empty street. "What sort of man turns tail from a fight?"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "Big talk, small man." Liam stabs the bill with his screwdriver, picks it up. "Collection agents, that doesn't sound good. Maybe leaving now would be wise." He wanders back into the bar. "He's gone now, barkeep. Does this happen often?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As the party reacquaints itself with the quiet, the people in the bar seem to be in a frenzied panic. The thought of fighting against the Zeus Company has shaken them so bad for its sheer brazen Gaul, the barman is even packing his equipment to leave.

“It will do you no good to be holdin’ in these parts strangers.” He stammers quickly, tripping over his words as much as he is his own stuff.

“…You just been an’ pissed of Carl. That one is a few telephones short of a call-center, he is.” He added, twisting to grab the hose off of the Cockroach Surprise Shake machine, placing it in his mouth and holding down the button for what must have been a good minute.

“This town is dry anyway and now I gots to go gather my folks. If you really want to take the fight to them, then you got to go to their Head Office. Until you deal with them, you folks are gonna be hounded for the rest of your lives!”

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Jellica floated back into the bar.

"Never fear, crabman! We will go to this head office and explain our situation. I'm sure they will clear up this little misunderstanding!" Jellica assumed a jaunty jelly pose and then said, "Now point us in the direction of the office, fine sir! And if you need a wagon to pack up your family, I've got one with your name on it!"

If jello could wink, Jellica would be doing just that.

• Options
    Hotaru does her best attempt at being nonchalant behind Jellica. If a yeti could whistle Hotaru would be, instead it come out a wierd high pitched screeching sound that she enjoys immensly.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    While in the midst of kicking over the small piles of ash which make up the entire remains of several of the engineers Sall seems to lose interest and walks back into the bar. He picks up a glass from one of the empty tables and approaches the crabman with a grin. Tugging the hose free of his jaws he pours himself a tall cockroach shake. He tips the glass into the air and downs the entire drink in two gulps.

"We'll get that snake Carl back in his nest."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Brad made his way back over to the others and said, "If we're going to take the fight to Zeus, we should make it quick. I'm sure they'll have more engineers on the way, and I'm sure these people want to be left in peace."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    “We dun’t know where they are based, ma’am. I am told that the Corporate Offices of the Zeus Electric Company lay in the east; a distant land far awarggguuuk--”

The crab man was interrupted by the hose being pulled out of his gullet. Choking for a moment, he listened to the rest of the group talk and rubbing his neck, he shook his head and started packing up his things again, confident that his stomach sac was filled with enough frozen treats to make the journey as far away from the Zeus Company as possible. With these suicidal mutants, he may just have enough of a distraction.

“There ain’t no peace for us, young’un.” The Crab man said sadly.

“Not until that Company is gone fer good.”

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Sal stuffed the hose back into the crabman's mouth. "Fill your innard with something mer sturdy than whatever guts you got in that shall pardner."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    “Blarrgleflargle…” The crabman replies sadly; creamy shake flowing from the side of his mouth - then continues packing.
    [Everyone can make a Perception check if you want.]

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Hotaru is happily whisling to herself, pretty much watching th crabman acting so scared.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Now, let's think about this. This isn't our fight. We can walk away. I can run fast, run far." Liam grabs a bowl of some sort of dark-red nut, swallows them whole as his overtaxed system threatens to crash from lack of nutrients. "Crabman, what's in this for us?"

steam_sig.png