As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Syndicate: Loards for cheap, Orikae's calling it now - GOTY 2012.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i should note, i cut a guy in half with the shotgun.

In. Half.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Was there a locomotive attached to your shotgun?

No, but who cares?

Issac Clack can stomp a man's leg off in bare feet.

Video games aren't bound to logic.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    A shotgun that shoots out trains? Sign me up.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Is it weird to just hate this game? I know it isn't rational, but taking the name of one of my favourite games, and shitting out an FPS with it's name scraped on the top just annoys the hell out of me. Us Gamers I guess.

ZD98Zka.png
    yeah, how dare they take an old game and try to do something new with it.

They should just keep making the same game, over and over again, like Call of Duty, Zelda , and Mario.

Wait, no those actually successful. shit.

anyway, the theme and style are about right, just the game play is different.

so far it's pretty alright. haven't gotten too deep into it, but i'm trying to play a co-op game by myself.

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    yeah, how dare they take an old game and try to do something new with it.

Yes basically this. Though more, how dare they make a pretty generic looking FPS and give it another unrelated game's title.

Like, imagine they'd made Jack and Jill, but called it Pulp Fiction 2, instead.

ZD98Zka.png
    does jack and or jill almost die of drug over dose or rig a boxing match?

cause i mean, this is pretty dang cyberpunk man. I'm playing a cyborg death agent.

I'm doing missions like abducting people or stealing top secret plans.

Only thing that has changed is how you play it.

And i think you have to work for eurocorp in single player.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    You know, while we're talking cyberpunk, gotta say the morality is tricky business.

On one hand generally when it's freedom fighters VS THE MAN, gag me. Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt. On the other hand, going too far into amorality has its own perils.

Rooting interest ones, as much as anything. One band of dickweeds, more or less the same as the others, who gives a shit.

If I had to nail it down, I probably want something in the spectrum from Turner in Count Zero to Richard Starks's Parker, where every major player is a bastard, but our heroes are the cleverest ones, with clear motives and enough skill at what they do to elicit abstract admiration.

Then again, I might be alone on both counts. Just had to get it out.

Everything i learned about cyberpunk is from Johnny Mnemonic.

Which is to say, bet on the side with Ice-T and a Dolphin to win.

Also, seriously guys, this demo is pretty good, it's just hard trying to do this by yourself because while you can be revived, when there is no one around to do it, you just lose.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:

Also, seriously guys, this demo is pretty good, it's just hard trying to do this by yourself because while you can be revived, when there is no one around to do it, you just lose.

The short story just had the dolphin.

He was hooked on crack.

This is probably why Johnny got killed by a ninja between the short story and Neuromancer.

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Cockblocked in Australia, that is a bummer.

chiasaur11 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

He was hooked on crack.

This is probably why Johnny got killed by a ninja between the short story and Neuromancer.

he was hooked on crack int he movie too.

But he had Ice-T there, so it was okay.

Melding wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

He was hooked on crack.

Ah. Extended cut?

Worth reading Gibson's books. The older ones are (obviously) dated (3 megabytes of hot RAM!), but they're all interesting.

And his newer stuff is some of the best fiction written when it comes to dealing with THE WORLD TODAY.

One of the fathers of cyberpunk, inspiration or prophet for a ton of stuff about life as we know it.

chiasaur11 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

He was hooked on crack.

Ah. Extended cut?

Worth reading Gibson's books. The older ones are (obviously) dated (3 megabytes of hot RAM!), but they're all interesting.

And his newer stuff is some of the best fiction written when it comes to dealing with THE WORLD TODAY.

One of the fathers of cyberpunk, inspiration or prophet for a ton of stuff about life as we know it.

It might have been heroin, but no they talk about the dolphin being addicted to something, kinda gets brushed over. more of a "look how poorly the army treated this guy"

If i read, i would look into it. I do enjoy interesting things.

Melding wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

He was hooked on crack.

Ah. Extended cut?

It might have been heroin, but no they talk about the dolphin being addicted to something, kinda gets brushed over. more of a "look how poorly the army treated this guy"

If i read, i would look into it. I do enjoy interesting things.

Why don't you read, Melding?

Didn't you see a Very Special Episode of something that said it was the best?

You are letting LeVar Burton down.

dyslexia + years of illiteracy + lazy

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I tried reading Snow Crash but the characters were grating as hell.

Also I hear this game has wubs and perhaps dubs.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to get the demo only because I've been neglecting my 360.

guys this game is fun with people.

Holy shit.

I know i always say "well yeah, any game is fun with four people" and that's true. but this is also really fun with four people. even two. two gets hectic but managable. Also i am a sucker for rpg elements which this has in spaces. also i shoot my assault rifle like some kind of thug and that amuses me to no end.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I really like that sniper rifle. It was a lot easier to get the annoying, out of reach guys taken out than just shooting a hail of bullets with an assault rifle.

one i was using rips dudes apart.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    No PC demo?

Mannnnnnn

Please tell me this is not going to be an Origin exclusive title, though.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    kinda reminds me of brin-

now I'm crying and inconsolable

I thought the same damn thing.

This is me. I hurt so badly.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    it's an EA game. has there been new EA games that aren't exclusive to origin?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Kingdoms of Amalur.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Kingdoms of Amalur.

They don't own the brand though, they're just publishing.

Gatsby wrote:
    I'm tempted to get the demo only because I've been neglecting my 360.

You should see if you can download it in Australia, because wikipedia tells me the game isn't going to be released here because of classification issues but stuff always swings back and forth with crap like that.

couldn't you change your country to america?

Or did they figure that out?

Cause i've done that with Japan to get capcom demos before.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Sooooooo...I heard on the Bombcast that
    At some point your player character turns on the big evil corporation you work for.

And I was all:
    Red_Forman.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
    At some point your player character turns on the big evil corporation you work for.

And I was all:
    Red_Forman.jpg

yeah i called that seeing the announcement trailer.

I'm not really here for the single player.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'll be honest, I liked Neuromancer, but not as much as I wanted to like it
    And I think for a little while I pretended to like it more than I really did because I felt it was the kind of thing I should like

Still cool, though I've tried 4 times to read Count Zero and just can't give a shit

Snow Crash, though, I'll admit to absolutely loving
    Couldn't get through Cryptonomicon
    Thought Diamond Age was pretty alright but has the worst case of Stephenson Ending of all his stuff
    Baroque Cycle ruled so hard though

Grey Ghost on
    Melding wrote:
    dyslexia + years of illiteracy + lazy

Sorry to hear about all three. But two and three can be handled by shorter stuff.

Gibson did a collection of short stories, Burning Chrome. I heartily recommend it to more or less everyone.

Oh I just finished Burning Chrome
    There were only one or two duds in there, the rest was really solid

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:

And I was all:
    Red_Forman.jpg

yeah i called that seeing the announcement trailer.

I'm not really here for the single player.

From the sound of that anecdote, they were pretty much "Yeah. You were expecting different?" when Jeff brought that up.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Skrillex owns bones

Grey Ghost wrote:

Which ones you didn't like?

Was it Dogfight? Because that one felt like a weak link.

wait a second. Today is tuesday.

shit how did this not sink in

Melding wrote:
    couldn't you change your country to america?

Or did they figure that out?

Cause i've done that with Japan to get capcom demos before.

I have no idea I don't have a current gen console. And for something where the release game is banned in the country your traffic is actually coming from it could be a different story.

chiasaur11 wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

Which ones you didn't like?

Was it Dogfight? Because that one felt like a weak link.

Dogfight was weak, and Red Star, Winter Orbit was really boring to me for some reason