As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Clive Barker's Undying!

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Helloween wrote:
    Zerocz wrote:
    I remember putting most of my points into ectoplasm when I played this. At that point they fire pretty straight, and it was my go-to weapon for much of the game.
    This could just mean that I missed out on something else being super-awesome, though.

Those ghost traps are useful for something. I don't remember what. I do remember thinking "Well that would have been good to know earlier!" when I finally figured it out. So you may wish to look into that.

I think I could have trapped aaron in one earlier. Which sucks seeing as you cant come back

I'd tell you but it's spoilers for later.

Also if you haven't figured it out yet, alt isn't reload, it's alt fire. Alt fire for the pistol is reload!

• Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    Helloween wrote:
    Zerocz wrote:
    I remember putting most of my points into ectoplasm when I played this. At that point they fire pretty straight, and it was my go-to weapon for much of the game.
    This could just mean that I missed out on something else being super-awesome, though.

Those ghost traps are useful for something. I don't remember what. I do remember thinking "Well that would have been good to know earlier!" when I finally figured it out. So you may wish to look into that.

I think I could have trapped aaron in one earlier. Which sucks seeing as you cant come back

Also if you haven't figured it out yet, alt isn't reload, it's alt fire. Alt fire for the pistol is reload!

WHAT. Thats madness. So alt fire is for every gun barring the pistol.

See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    omg Helloween posts here

I am a rabid fan boy of yours. I watch your let's plays all freaking day sometimes. You crack me up and that's not easy to do anymore.

where can i send you my fingernail clippings and hair

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Helloween, your LPs suck as usual. WTF are you thinking playing some old game like this shit? Seriously, when was this made, 2010?
    Fuck's sake man, upload some noscope 420 rollercoaster tycoon vids instead of this shit.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Helloween wrote:
    SkutSkut wrote:
    Helloween wrote:
    Zerocz wrote:

WHAT. Thats madness. So alt fire is for every gun barring the pistol.

Some weapons don't even have alt fires, I don't think the ice gun does it's been a while. The shotgun switches between one and both barrels (keep it on both), and a buncha other silly stuff.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Helloween, your LPs suck as usual. WTF are you thinking playing some old game like this shit? Seriously, when was this made, 2010?
    Fuck's sake man, upload some noscope 420 rollercoaster tycoon vids instead of this shit.
    This man has a very good point.

I think all of us would like to see these amusement park bog escapades.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote:
    omg Helloween posts here

I am a rabid fan boy of yours. I watch your let's plays all freaking day sometimes. You crack me up and that's not easy to do anymore.

where can i send you my fingernail clippings and hair

I got a PObox all sorted for this shit, I am prepared!

Annnyway set 4
    I'll update index when its not 12 fucking am and I have work the day after

Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Oh god. I had forgotten about the unnessesary combat roll. That's the best thing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    I did really like this game, but I was young and stupid at the time. The... dodgy 'what-the-fuck-do-I-do' elements are pretty glaring seeing this Let's Play.

Although the Lovecraft via Hellraiser-y stuff was pretty fun

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I forgot how goddamn dark this game is, can't see shit cappin. Not much you can do about it in the dark areas tho.

Edit-

You can just run through areas with skeletons for the most part, no need to fight them really. And do put an amplifier or two into Invoke to cut down the mana cost. Also invoke a pirate when you get the chance.

Otherwise try to get at least enough amps (4 I think) to max out haste right away, Haste makes the revolver/scythe shoot/swing faster and maxed out you're this zippy death thing. Scythe and max haste will get you through everything after you get haste pretty much.

And keep the goddamn shotgun on double barrel. Takes 2 shells instead of up to six to kill a howler that way.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, I had and loved this game back in the day!

I never finished it though. My save file got corrupted around the pirate ship part and I never bothered to go back. I probably just could've cheated myself there if I wanted to, but I'd moved onto other things shortly thereafter.

Have to settle down and watch this, as I loved your FEAR LP.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Mr Bubbles wrote:
    I did really like this game, but I was young and stupid at the time. The... dodgy 'what-the-fuck-do-I-do' elements are pretty glaring seeing this Let's Play.

Although the Lovecraft via Hellraiser-y stuff was pretty fun

Yeah, its a bit like...wut. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME

Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    PentPent Registered User regular
    I really enjoy your LP's /definitely not a stalker
    Where do you live again?

:winky:
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    As the bonds of flesh are broken,
    the world becomes apparent.

OH MY i loved this game

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    omg you murdered that poor donkey

you are no longer invited to my birthday party. you will not wear a party hat and play in the ball pit for your crimes.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote:
    omg you murdered that poor donkey

you are no longer invited to my birthday party. you will not wear a party hat and play in the ball pit for your crimes.

Wait what. I thought you loved me! I'll send back all your clipings.

On a less gross note, this game totally wiffs of Hellraiser...and I love it. Just little things, but eh

Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The whorls increase how fast you regen mana. I've told you this like 5 times, you British asshole.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    I had no idea Helloween has his own TVTropes page...

• Options
    You don't need to be in that area any more.

Save Amps for the previously mentioned haste and a spell involving skulls later.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Seriously, Helloween, you gotta stop making me laugh like this. I'd hate to have you blamed for an unwanted heart-attack. On that note, "GOOOO!"

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    GOo or save. Hmmm. People reckon 'skulls' as well. Are they cool skulls?

Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Helloween wrote:
    GOo or save. Hmmm. People reckon 'skulls' as well. Are they cool skulls?
    If I recall correctly, they wreck shit.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    They also chatter with each other, laugh maniacally as they get charged up (it's a chargeable spell you see) and shoot fire out their eyes. So yes, they are the cooliest skulls.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I always thought it was odd that it takes forever to get around to killing the first sibling. Still, the whole monastery part is amazing.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    These videos are so dark. Anyway you can up the brightness?

Edit: ah you did, good job.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    NintendoNerdistNintendoNerdist ChattanoogaRegistered User new member
    Ah, memories. I loved that game.

3DS friend code: 4382-2712-1463
  • Options
    Ah, memories. I loved that game.

It's funny, I remember it looking a lot better. I remember upgrading my computer and checking to make sure it could run Undying on max settings.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Honestly, Looking more at the game, it seems kinda a product of the time. Bad enemy spawns, hilariously bad voice acting, some pretty dumb mechanics. It does look to be a pretty good game, but marred by some bad gameplay decisions.

Of course, this is just from what I've SEEN of the game, mind you. I haven't played it myself.

Also, Jeeze, Helloween. What is happening to your computer? That desynch is like...4 seconds. Is your computer just going like "No, Helloween. I will not allow you to have audio and video match! Fuck yooou!"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    Honestly, Looking more at the game, it seems kinda a product of the time. Bad enemy spawns, hilariously bad voice acting, some pretty dumb mechanics. It does look to be a pretty good game, but marred by some bad gameplay decisions.

Of course, this is just from what I've SEEN of the game, mind you. I haven't played it myself.

Also, Jeeze, Helloween. What is happening to your computer? That desynch is like...4 seconds. Is your computer just going like "No, Helloween. I will not allow you to have audio and video match! Fuck yooou!"

No that's a fairly accurate assessment. Fun to play but marred by bad design.

• Options
    The worst thing I remember about Undying is that once you get the shield spell there is no reason to not have it cast at all times, so your vision is constantly tinged pink.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this game when I stumbled onto this thread, I thought Hello had done it awhile ago. Obviously I was misinformed.

Catching up on the sets now. It's weird because the design is clearly dated and it has some very annoying bits to it, like a late-game segment that's basically
    Xen 2.0. God, I hated Eternal Autumn. Those stupid phoenix bombs you got during it weren't much help either.
    And yet I still like the game overall. Atmosphere aside, I have a major soft spot for games that give you an armful of unconventional toys to deal with problems (see also Project Snowblind), and juicing up the spells was a nice touch. I think the goo actually goes through objects if you pump enough amplifiers into it.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but the stone boosts your mana regen while it's equipped. Handy when you're trying to handle groups of skeletons. Failing that you can try using its pulse thingy to knock them down holes and such.

Also, this bit, right here?

"I am a master of working stuff out."
    *lights cut*
    "Oh, bollocks."

Pretty much defines Helloween's LPs. Great stuff, dude :^:

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Set 6 and 7. Sorry the missing update there, been a tad busy.

Set 6 (slight delay for a minute at the start, game ball's up there, no idea why)
    Set 7
    heenato wrote:

Fuck knows what the shit happened there. The HDD started ticking throughout the set. What a bell end. Ah well, seems alright now

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    Has...
    Has anyone mentioned the Hound?
    No?

Helloween, you should use the gelziabar stone more. It boosts your magic while you hold it! There is no down side.

For the Undying King!
    Jaaaaahhmmmed.

• Options
    Hound? D:

Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Actually, your problems MIGHT actually be vegas. From what I've heard in the past, it's a really bad program.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    Actually, your problems MIGHT actually be vegas. From what I've heard in the past, it's a really bad program.

All my videos are done with Vegas and it works pretty great for me.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Klyka wrote:
    heenato wrote:

Well, that's because you have the superior german version.

Edit: Okay. After watching set 7, is ANYONE else getting framerate issues with the video, or am I going MAD? I'm seriously getting paranoid about that.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I didnt get frame issues, just the sound lag.

edit: thats watching it back, not just filming it I mean

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    heenato wrote:

Well, that's because you have the superior german version.

Edit: Okay. After watching set 7, is ANYONE else getting framerate issues with the video, or am I going MAD? I'm seriously getting paranoid about that.

For me, his two latest sets look they run at 60fps. Like, a 60fps video. Which according to the video info, isn't true, but I swear I ran boh an old and a new video side by side and it looked different.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg