As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

64K - Nerdcore Rappers out of Victoria, BC

tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
edited July 2006 in PAX Archive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ahKsoO7kE

Not bad, their song "1337" is pretty good.

tmonkey on

• ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Yuck.

Not a fan.

Thello on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    At least they're trying. That's great.

QuizMaster on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    At least they're trying. That's great.

It would be greater if they tried to be good.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• FTVFTV Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Yeah that... that wasn't really watch-able.

FTV on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2006
    you kidding me, I love that stuff.

www.loadingreadyrun.com

and for the record, they have done 2 songs, they are not all about the rapping

Unknown User on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    No no no no NO. No more shitty nerd rap.

GeeCee on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Seriously. Nerd rock is cool because it's rough and melodic, and adapts well to 8-bit tributes. Nerd rap is just... dumb.

Some pasty white kid up there badly feigning a ghetto accent, rapping about his pampered, uninteresting life with an occasional "HAY GUYZ I PLAY VIDEOGAMES" reference thrown in. Once his act is over, it's time for the next pasty white kid to come up and do the same goddamn thing. Truth is, videogames of the era for which we are nostalgic were generally the purview of the upper middle class, a class that is not well known for its artistic contribution to rap or the rap culture. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but to me it's just embarassing and uncomfortable to watch.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    Seriously. Nerd rock is cool because it's rough and melodic, and adapts well to 8-bit tributes. Nerd rap is just... dumb.

Some pasty white kid up there badly feigning a ghetto accent, rapping about his pampered, uninteresting life with an occasional "HAY GUYZ I PLAY VIDEOGAMES" reference thrown in. Once his act is over, it's time for the next pasty white kid to come up and do the same goddamn thing. Truth is, videogames of the era for which we are nostalgic were generally the purview of the upper middle class, a class that is not well known for its artistic contribution to rap or the rap culture. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but to me it's just embarassing and uncomfortable to watch.

Have you listened to MC Frontalot? Nothing wrong with him.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, I was at last year's concert, and was not all that impressed. It could be that I'm not that much of a rap fan as it is, but it didn't grab me. I'm really not sure why.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • postermonkeypostermonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    i can NOT wait to meet ctishman ..

embarassing and uncomfortable to watch... thats some funny stuff right there..

ctishman wrote:

postermonkey on
  • postermonkeypostermonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    ok i just watched that video .. oh MAN ..

first off were those guys even ALIVE when the atari 2600 was around?
    2nd i LOVE when teens say things like " old school "

3rd .. oh man .. it was embarassing and uncomfortable to watch .. and yet . i couldnt look away ..

but i guess they could be doing worse stuff like idolizing the fast and the furious ......

postermonkey on
    edited July 2006
    they are all in their early 20s

Unknown User on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Your sig is huge.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited July 2006
    that way people can see it better, silly guy

oh and for the record, morgan who talks about being a PC gamer, really was top Mechwarrior player in the world for a time

Unknown User on