As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Letters of [chat], aka classy people being classy

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I think the last D3 wave went to almost exclusively US people?

aRkpc.gif
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I need a new game. A friend got me RAGE for Christmas and I don't really dig it, at all.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The only thing that bothers me about Steam is that it's technically against the Steam Subscriber Agreement for me to share my account with my brother (ala how we would share all of our games when we were growing up).

I understand why, and they don't seem to care as long as you aren't blatantly account sharing with a huge slew of people, but still.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    clickclickclikclcicklciclclcklicclkclicliclicciklclclclkclkclcickclcilcckik

it is a fun game!!!!!!

you make me sad

seriously, it is super satisfying to play

like as a barb you build rage by beating things, and have attacks that you can spend your rage on

one is this thing where you do big single target damage with like a spirit hammer or some crap

if it kills the guy (and he's of the right type) he goes flying though the air

it is so rad

ALSO FUCK BOOKS I WILL WRECK ALL YOUR BOOKSHELVES

919UOwT.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:

it did not go to me :x

ronya wrote:

i have a mac and maybe dk does too so that might have something to do with it

919UOwT.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I

As someone who still plays D2

Still do not have a D3 key, even with the help of Blizzard people trying to get me one

It's quite funny

And it will make the full game all that much better to me

Gooey wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

it is a fun game!!!!!!

you make me sad

like as a barb you build rage by beating things, and have attacks that you can spend your rage on

one is this thing where you do big single target damage with like a spirit hammer or some crap

it is so rad

HOW IS THE MONK

Gooey wrote:
    ronya wrote:

I HAVE A MAC

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I didn't even know I was in the beta. The email went to my spam folder. I only checked because Gooey said something and the info was in my account on Battle.net.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    THIS TOPIC IS MAKING ME VERY PASSIONATE

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    ronya wrote:

I HAVE A MAC

get a real computer

Deebaser wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

it is a fun game!!!!!!

what game is this?
    I've almost unlocked everything on jetpack. I need a new commute game.

diablo 3 bro

there is SO. MUCH. STUFF. to click on

like, remember how in diablo 2 there would be little interactive things like stumps or whtaever that came along every now and then that would drop gold?

that shit is EVERYWHERE NOW

it is so awesome

919UOwT.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I actually signed up for the Beta using my Mac because I knew they'd need mac people to test. Then I downloaded the clinet for PC and installed it on my gaming tower because fuck playing games on the macbook air.

Donkey Kong on
    Gooey wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

it is a fun game!!!!!!

you make me sad

it is so rad

HOW IS THE MONK

i havent played the monk yet

dk and i are going to game a little on saturday (we are both barbs right now) so i will report back with info

919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I am going to find someone to buy these cannons if it fucking kills me

rRwz9.gif
    I actually signed up for the Beta using my Mac because I knew they'd need mac people to test. Then I downloaded the clinet for PC and installed it on my gaming tower because fuck playing games on thing macbook air.

you cheater!

Gooey wrote:
    i havent played the monk yet

dk and i are going to game a little on saturday (we are both barbs right now) so i will report back with info

you guys are going to have such a good time :(

I actually signed up for the Beta using my Mac because I knew they'd need mac people to test. Then I downloaded the clinet for PC and installed it on my gaming tower because fuck playing games on the macbook air.

i have everything turned to highest on my mbp but it doesn't look super detailed still (at least to me)

is there something im missing in the graphics department?

919UOwT.png
  • deadlyrhetoricdeadlyrhetoric "We could be two straight lines in a crooked world."__BANNED USERS regular
    Gooey wrote:

i have everything turned to highest on my mbp but it doesn't look super detailed still (at least to me)

a discrete video card

heyyoooooooooooooooooooooo

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    yeah, uwo is not gonna beat freelancer for me right now

or ever

ftOqU21.png
    Gooey wrote:

No, the textures are really smooth even on a PC with max settings. The graphics are very conservative. The game should run on just about anything.

People have spent a lot of time on trying to make a pirated version of the D3 beta

I just find that idea amusing

I'm going to save up for one of those big-ass asteroid miners

the ones that were static in vanilla

it's only a "mere" 30 mill

once I have it I will start gathering money in preparation for [chat]ters seeing the light and joining me in there

it will happen!

ftOqU21.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    People have spent a lot of time on trying to make a pirated version of the D3 beta

When people want to pirate your beta, then you've fucking won.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

it is a fun game!!!!!!

what game is this?
    I've almost unlocked everything on jetpack. I need a new commute game.

diablo 3 bro

there is SO. MUCH. STUFF. to click on

like, remember how in diablo 2 there would be little interactive things like stumps or whtaever that came along every now and then that would drop gold?

that shit is EVERYWHERE NOW

it is so awesome

I guess i enjoy clicking on things. I suppose I should stop assuming every email I receive from blizzard is a phishing scam.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

When people want to pirate your beta, then you've fucking won.

Truth

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Was it one of you smahties in chat who linked to jacobin magazine yesterday or did I find it in a link off some other site

Gooey wrote:

a discrete video card

heyyoooooooooooooooooooooo

hey i have one you butt
    No, the textures are really smooth even on a PC with max settings. The graphics are very conservative. The game should run on just about anything.

ok cool. i turned everything up and it still ran buttery smooth on my mpb which made me think there was an "advanced" tab or something that I had missed

919UOwT.png
    desc wrote:
    Was it one of you smahties in chat who linked to jacobin magazine yesterday or did I find it in a link off some other site

I linked to it. I may or may not be a smahtie.

aRkpc.gif
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    not really sure why I decided to discuss climate change with my ultra-conservative office mate, but whatevah. typically I'm sharp enough to steer away from anything that goes towards the political around here.

Dynagrip wrote:
    not really sure why I decided to discuss climate change with my ultra-conservative office mate, but whatevah. typically I'm sharp enough to steer away from anything that goes towards the political around here.

Don't, you'll end up quoting authorities at each other that neither of you will accept.

aRkpc.gif
    Oh God...I wanted to eat healthy today, but but... The Grill has Gourmet Hotdogs with all the fixins!!!

WHHHHYYYYYYYY

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i read that as gourmet hedgehogs and was very on board

obF2Wuw.png
    "come build that wall 'till it's done"

ftOqU21.png
    Specifically this, highlighting a quote which I found myself partial towards:
    But the problems contributing to organized labor’s long-term decline go beyond the contradictions of collective bargaining. As the recently departed Bob Fitch argued for years (not that many people seemed to listen), the institutional features of unions in the U.S. – compulsory membership, exclusive bargaining, automatic dues checkoff, and the lack of a central labor body with any kind of real power – are what pose the biggest threat to the survival of unions in the U.S. Of all these factors, the last might be most important because it touches on the widely neglected question of scope:
    The aim of the Right is always to restrict the scope of class conflict — to bring it down to as low a level as possible. The smaller and more local the political unit, the easier it is to run it oligarchically. Frank Capra’s picture in A Wonderful Life of Bedford Falls under the domination of Mr. Potter illustrates the way small town politics usually works. The aim of conservative urban politics is to create small towns in the big city: the local patronage machines run by the Floyd Flakes and the Pedro Espadas.

The genuine Left, of course, seeks exactly the opposite. Not to democratize the machines from within but to defeat them by extending scope of conflict: breaking down local boundaries; nationalizing and even internationalizing class action and union representation. As political scientist E.E. Schattschneider wrote a generation ago: “The scope of labor conflict is close to the essence of the controversy.” What were the battles about industrial and craft unionism; industry wide bargaining sympathy strikes, he asked, but efforts to determine “Who can get into the fight and who is excluded?”

Of course I am deeply suspicious of localism of any kind to begin with.

aRkpc.gif
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    I need a new game. A friend got me RAGE for Christmas and I don't really dig it, at all.

What are you into?

I hear the Syndicate demo is pretty damn on point and promising.

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ronya wrote:
    desc wrote:

I linked to it. I may or may not be a smahtie.

I didn't expect you to read anything jacobin. :)

Pleasant surprise.

also i dunno if it is just for the beta or what

but i've played for an hour or so and am already level 4 or 5

919UOwT.png
    also i finally completed arkham city so i can go back to skyriming

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.