As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SSX: "Deadly Descents" -- potentially less deadly, more tricky

15678911»

• Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    in short, yes, SSX3 is an awesome game that should be enjoyed to it's fullest.

:winky:
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    I never got into SSX3 either. Tricky was the best for me.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    double post

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    Zen ArcadeZen Arcade Registered User regular
    In anticipation for this game I went on ebay and bought SSX3 for Xbox. I've only ever played Tricky, but I can't wait.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Man when anyone mentions SSX3 keep wishing the multi would work online, then I realise there's a new one out in a few weeks and get super excited.

Also it might sound dumb but has there been any footage of direct competition online races? Everything so far seems to be just ghosts.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm curious whether I should get this for 360 or PS3

PS3 has an extra mountain but I feel like the 360 would have more players for leaderboard stuff (this is using all that neat-o leaderboard stuff that Hot Pursuit did)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm guessing most people that have the choice will pick PS3, thanks to the extra mountain. So that means you'll have all the PS3 players and most of the people with both systems to play with.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i bet dollars to donuts the PS3 mountain is DLC for 360, so it's whether or not you want to buy that or not i guess

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    360 would be the closest I can get to the GameCube control (actual trigger) so I'll be going with that

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    i bet dollars to donuts the PS3 mountain is DLC for 360, so it's whether or not you want to buy that or not i guess

This is EA

EA's been pretty decent about keeping their system exclusives exclusive

I think I'll go with PS3

• Options
    yeah except the whole "free 1943 for BF3 buyers" thing

also in the UK the fuji map is bundled in the special editions on both systems, so it's only american 360 users who miss out (and since it's already on the disc i imagine we'll get it too)

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular

also in the UK the fuji map is bundled in the special editions on both systems, so it's only american 360 users who miss out (and since it's already on the disc i imagine we'll get it too)

So basically we get Willeth to invite us to games on Fuji on 360

• Options
    The limited edition just says extra drop points on Fuji.

Sounds like it's just a couple of extra runs, not a whole mountain.

But we also get Eddie too.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i could be mistaken but everywhere i look it says the UK special edition gets fuji too, on either platform
    eddie_SSX.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Oh yeah we get it wherever we buy it, but from how it's phrased it sounds like Fuji is already in the game for everyone but the UK gets extra runs on it.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Dammit. All the new videos really make me want to play SSX3, but I can't find the disc!

Oh, well. Now I just have to decide where to pre-order this from. Fortunately, I don't care at all about Eddie.

Wish they'd timed the release of this a little better, though. A week before ME3?

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Are gamertags being collected to fill up everyone's RiderNet once the game is released?

• Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote:

So basically we get Willeth to invite us to games on Fuji on 360

This would be worth a shot.

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Got the go ahead for a new thread, gonna put it up with an updated OP when I get home in a couple of hours.

Start listing your tags/ID's if you like, gonna be a list for ridernet.

• Options
    i'll be on 360, mine is the same as my username

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I assume you won't be able to splitscreen this thing, which would be a shame :( We'll just have to swap out every now and then.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    hey it could happen! i wouldn't hold my breath though

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I won't be holding my breath, but at least they're aware of it. Do we budget for two copies..

forumsig.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Got the go ahead for a new thread, gonna put it up with an updated OP when I get home in a couple of hours.

Start listing your tags/ID's if you like, gonna be a list for ridernet.

psn is douglasdanger

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    psn id - Toxic_Cizzle

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    What? No split screen? Well, guess they just lost a sale. And we were getting excited for it, too. :(

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    XBox Live tag: Nova Collision

• Options
This discussion has been closed.