As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android Games!

• GrygonosGrygonos Registered User regular
    Games on my phone I'm not ashamed of
    (TD) Sentinel 3: Homeworld
    (TD) Jelly Defense
    (TD) Night of the Living Dead Defense
    GTA 3
    Super KO Boxing 2 (if you liked Super Punch Out on SNES)
    (PUZ)Cut the Rope
    (PUZ)Where's My Water
    (PUZ)Greedy Spiders
    (PUZ)Bird's the Word
    (PUZ)Slice It
    (PUZ)Refraction
    Angry Birds* (I feel dumb for even stating this)
    (ARPG) Battleheart
    (RACE) GT Free HD
    (TwinSticks)Pew Pew
    (TwinSticks)Pew Pew 2
    (TD)Plants vs. Zombies
    (PUZ)A Game With Balls
    (ARPG)Dungeon Defenders

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Oh damnit, I forgot GTA3 was on Android.

In case it wasn't mentioned, Sonic CD is supposed to be pretty good on Android. I'm pissed I missed out on it for $2, though. I was under the impression that $2 was going to be the normal price for it, but I checked a couple weeks after it was released and it was up to $5. Apparently there's an Android version of Sonic 4 ep1, but I have no clue about how good it is.

steam_sig.png
  • Kroyd_KrensonKroyd_Krenson Registered User regular
    Playing a lot of Battleheart and Zdefense lately.

steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Here's a few more to add to the pot (in addition to all the excellent selections that have already been stated)

Meteor Blitz - Basically a Super Stardust HD clone. It's one of the better twin stick shooters I've played on Android, doesn't make me hate it like I hate most touch screen joystick games.

Cyberlords: Arcology - Turn-based Cyberpunk RPG. Need more games on Android like this!

Spirit HD - The best touch screen adaption of the Geometry Wars concept that I've found. Not a twin stick shooter, but a fast-paced game where you try to avoid and eliminate a screen full of geometric-shaped enemies by creating gravity wells around them.

Apparatus - Physics puzzle game. Comes with level editor to make your own levels!

Galaxy on Fire 2 - If your phone / tablet can handle the tough system requirements, this is supposedly an excellent space shootin' game. There's a Tegra-optimized version as well.

Sprinkle - Another puzzle game, very nice graphics (doesn't run well on older hardware though).

And of course all the typical Popcap, Fruit Ninja and other uber-popular games.

I'm very glad to see many of the great iOS games making their way to Android. We're still a ways away from getting most things, but it seems like just about all the heavy-hitters are making the jump to cross-platform. Still no Spacechem on Android though, and that makes me :cry:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I just wanted to make a post thanking captaink for making this thread; I'm already seeing at least a half-dozen Android games I want to play that I never knew about before this thread.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I love gurk. I need to find other rpg style games to kill time.

steam_sig.png
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Thanks captaink! Was thinking of buying a iPhone so I have been reading that thread for a few weeks now but in the end I didn't want to spend that much on a phone so I had to settle for a Android phone instead(which now I'm pretty happy with).

I have only had time to try out Puzzle Quest 2 which is pretty nice. Did crash once but other than that it runs fine but it seems a lot of other people have issues running it.

I would really like to get my hands on some tactical turn based games. Maybe I should look into adosbox and trying Xcom or Jagged Alliance 1.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    tomlo53 wrote:
    In android my best game is Mario i like this game to much this game is my all time favorite this game contain a great fun.............
    marios-many-android-games-20100730023716705.jpg.
    Let the play Strategy Games for PC
    And Top Defense Games free online.
    i'm... trying to figure out whats going on in that screenshot

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Haha, that looks hilariously terrible. I wonder if a single art asset in there is original.

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Is Apparatus at all like that really old game, The Incredible Machine?

工事中
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    *sadface* Couldn't get Battleheart because I'm on a Galaxy S phone and there's some ridiculous issue about it not being able to download apps/games that are greater than 30MB. I did pick up Cyberlords and Dungeon Raid though. Looking forward to having some entertainment on my commutes to and from school.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    I enjoyed Battle Heart a lot. I loved Where's My Water, loved that game! SpyMouse is another fun puzzle game. Gets REAL hard though.

I didn't like Sprinkle, it was gorgeous, but the water wouldn't always put out the fire and such. It was fickle. So it wasn't trying to figure out what to do, it was waiting for the game to behave correctly!

Just got Anomoly Warzone from the humble bundle, going to check that out.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Reading this thread made me go look at my phone and I realize I have about 90 games on mine from Amazon free apps, Getjar free apps and that .10 sale the Marketplace had awhile back.

Forgot Grave Defense and Living Dead Defense, those are fun tower games. I also have Minecraft but haven't really dug into that one. Muffin Knight is sort of the same thing, I bought it, haven't really played it.

I've beat it, but the Moron Test was actually pretty fun too for a time waster. It's especially fun to hand to friends and watch them get angry.

They Need to be Fed is also really fun and I really liked Flick Golf (but Flick Soccer wasn't as much fun).

I think I need to go through my phone and delete some stuff though - I'm thinking I have too many games.

My most frustrating thing right now is that I own Peggle and Plants vs Zombies in the Amazon market. The Amazon market version is outdated and won't run on my current phone. The official marketplace has them updated and they WILL work with my phone, but of course I'd have to rebuy them.

• Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    I have Zoo Keeper DX Touch Edition and Chu Chu Rocket. I would kill for a Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move title.

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • meatpilljunkiemeatpilljunkie San FranciscoRegistered User new member
    Are there any non tower defense, simple, RTS games for Android?

currently addicted to tiny tower...
    edited February 2012

Gailardia, perhaps?

Have you checked out Majesty? It's not traditional RTS like StarCraft, but it has vaguely similar elements. It's free on GetJar, paid elsewhere.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Here's another promising looking RTS (though it's not much of a looker atm)
    It's still in active development, but it's got a lot of potential.

Rusted Warfare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGHi2b3Oabo

Also no free demo yet, though that will probably come once the game is out of beta.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    There are so many classic games that would work extremely well on phones, and I'm surprised they haven't been ported yet. The original Worms and Theme Park spring to mind, I'd play the shit out of those.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I need a more powerful phone. Osmos ran like shit and Anomaly wouldn't even start. Though it is a budget android phone; ZTE Blade :lol:

• Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of buying Dungeon Raid.

What's that you're talking about, professor? I can't hear you over the sound of me raiding dungeons. Sorry.

This is not good.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Ok, so this Android DosBox thing. Can I use my GoG and Steam games with it? I'm sure I could google and dig through some forums, but I guess the dude that recommended it might now off the top of his head.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote:

It is somewhat similar to TIM, but to me it is not even close. Nothing matches TIM with their hamsters in the cage.

If you like Amored Core type games, I highly suggest the Destroy Gunners series. Even has a demo to try out that is really good. Also wanted to add that Doodle Fit is a fun simple puzzle type game.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Betsuni wrote:
    Cokebotle wrote:

It is somewhat similar to TIM, but to me it is not even close. Nothing matches TIM with their hamsters in the cage.

If you like Amored Core type games, I highly suggest the Destroy Gunners series. Even has a demo to try out that is really good. Also wanted to add that Doodle Fit is a fun simple puzzle type game.

I remember the original Incredible Machine from, geez, 5th grade or something like that? Pretty amazing how I've never, ever seen its equal despite the exponential growth of computer power and development budgets.

Also, I've been giving the SCUMVM player a spin. Runs awesomely. I've got Beneath a Steel Sky on my Transformer and Flight of the Amazon Queen on my phone; it's almost like these games were designed for these devices. If you could do everything without have to slide the mouse cursor around, somebody could release this sort of stuff tomorrow, charge for it, and I doubt anybody would even notice that they're ancient instead of new.

EDIT: I dunno if it works with everything DOSbox compatible from Steam, but I can absolutely get XCOM: UFO Defense running on my Transformer. GoG games won't have any DRM issues anyway, but with the Steam version you don't even use the main exe, just the other system files. However, GoG games aren't always the exact duplicates of the original versions of the game; if something was a multiple-disk game, then GoG puts everything together.

I don't THINK that's an issue wih aDOSbox, but you never know. It definitely gives me trouble with trying to use gemRB with the GoG version of Planescape, though that is an entirely different set of problems. But I have no idea how smoothly anything will run with CPU cycle adjustments and system power.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Dungeon Raid is going to suck my batteries DRY. Such an addictive game.

Cyberlords seems like fun too, though interesting that it's twice the price of DR and probably has no replay value once beat.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Hey once I download the four indie bundle games, I get the message that they are downloaded and can click there to install and play them once, but when I look at all my apps I don't see them. How do I play them once they are downloaded?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Little Empire is a fun little game for when you're at work. Just take a peek at it every so often as you set your dudes off to do things.

Not a fan of the Gamevil games. I tried, I really did, but they just didn't do it for me. Anyone played Dungeon Hunter 2 and know if its any good?

steam_sig.png
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    Hey once I download the four indie bundle games, I get the message that they are downloaded and can click there to install and play them once, but when I look at all my apps I don't see them. How do I play them once they are downloaded?

I've only downloaded Warzone so far, and it was in All Programs. Maybe try re-installing?

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Okay I fixed it. Thnak you, that was weird.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    So I just found out that Battle for Wesnoth is on Android. Has anyone tried the port?

steam_sig.png
  • JensythJensyth Registered User new member
    Totally agree on some of the others mentioned in this thread, and a couple others I haven't seen mentioned yet that I liked a lot are:

Airport Mania 2 HD
    Router
    Quell
    Spectrum Puzzles

Spirit HD is a lot of fun, but it keeps crashing on me. makes me really sad.

steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Got Grand Prix Story. I really like it, but once I got the Proto Car, nothing else has been an 'upgrade' kind of disappointing.

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote:
    There are so many classic games that would work extremely well on phones, and I'm surprised they haven't been ported yet. The original Worms and Theme Park spring to mind, I'd play the shit out of those.

But Worms has been ported...

As for Theme Park, man just take a look at any of the Kairosoft games.

Bullio wrote:

Gailardia, perhaps?

Have you checked out Majesty? It's not traditional RTS like StarCraft, but it has vaguely similar elements. It's free on GetJar, paid elsewhere.

Majesty works great on my Galaxy Nexus.

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Big Isy wrote:
    I need a more powerful phone. Osmos ran like shit and Anomaly wouldn't even start. Though it is a budget android phone; ZTE Blade :lol:

I apparently can't even run Dungeon Raid, though I have no idea why not.

Actually, now I do know, my crappy-ass Xperia can't update to Android 2.2. Guess that's what I get for using a free phone.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited February 2012
    Anyone has any good turn based games to recommend? Downloaded a couple RPG's but they all seem to be real time/action games.

(Does not have to be rpg. Strategy, board games etc is fine).

Richard on
    There are the kemco games. Jrpg but they aren't free.

gurk is turn based. very Ultima.

steam_sig.png
    There are the kemco games. Jrpg but they aren't free.

gurk is turn based. very Ultima.

Downloading Gurk. Thank you!

Richard wrote:
    Anyone has any good turn based games to recommend? Downloaded a couple RPG's but they all seem to be real time/action games.

(Does not have to be rpg. Strategy, board games etc is fine).

Great Little War Game! (Strategy)

• MorranMorran Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @Richard : Greed corp is a great strategy/boardgame.

Morran on