As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    In all honesty, the Mattock is the best assault rifle in the game. Its rate of fire is only as slow as you can tap the appropriate button after all...its only down side is a relatively limited magazine size.

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I feel like trying assault rifles again

its been so long since I've had a playthrough where I haven't taken the shotgun training

so glad any class can use any weapon now

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    I want to try shotfiltrator but I...I just don't think I can give up the widow!

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I wouldn't put anything up against the Mattock for firepower, but sometimes

I just want to hold the button down.

s7Imn5J.png
    jackisreal wrote:

I know I've been saying this a lot

but I just had so much fun with shotfiltrator

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    jackisreal wrote:

if it helps your decision any, by the end of the game the mantis can oneshot almost everything the widow can, if you have assassin/assassin cloak and hit it in the head.

being able to take the head of harbingers is so handy on the higher difficulties, though

ed: also, if you want to stay with the widow, instead of picking a shotgun just run around with the flamethrower

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The Mattock is not nearly as fun as the Revenant. Not nearly.

The Mattock is pretty much bullshit, so yeah, you might be a little better off taking it, purely stat-wise.

But it is not more fun to use, no sir.

I don't really find the accuracy of the Revenant to be particularly problematic in any case. You still have the Viper, if you're that desperate to hit something at range. At mid-ranges it hits just fine, and at short range it's terrifying.

I wouldn't put anything up against the Mattock for firepower, but sometimes

I just want to hold the button down.

Soundsplush, you and me can both dakka to our hearts' content with the Revenant while everybody else is scrounging for ammo.

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote:

if it helps your decision any, by the end of the game the mantis can oneshot almost everything the widow can, if you have assassin/assassin cloak and hit it in the head.

being able to take the head of harbingers is so handy on the higher difficulties, though

ed: also, if you want to stay with the widow, instead of picking a shotgun just run around with the flamethrower

I hadn't thought of that...bursting out of the shadows with a flamethrower sounds like good times

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote:
    Soundsplush, you and me can both dakka to our hearts' content with the Revenant while everybody else is scrounging for ammo.

<3
    Be my...uh, valenguard?

Speaking of which, shouldn't we get a list of Origin account names slash 360 handles for the OP? At least on PC we'll be forming parties via Origin I assume, like I think it is with BF3 and considering ME3 MP sounds like it requires Origin, so even if we meet up and organize via the Steam group chat, it'd be convenient to be friended up on Origin already. Mine is the same as my PA name.

Or am I wrong about the way MP is going to work, so far as we know?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    It occurs to me that a soldier with incendiary ammo on her assault rifle and adrenaline rush might as well have a flamethrower for the husks on the IFF mission, and thus having the Cain is still very much worth it there.

• Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Having the Cain is always worth it.

I only fire it twice a game, but damn it I lug that thing everywhere. And get all the gear and upgrades so that I could theoretically fire it twice in a row. You know, in case... uh... the game glitches out and spawns two reaper cores? An extra Thresher Maw or Geth colossus?

Z0re on
    I take it only where I know I'm going to use it

can't stand having that huge thing on my back clipping through armour

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I take the cain everywhere and never use it even though I know where I should

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Playing some ME2 and while the story is "lolz", I'm still having fun with everything the game is providing.
    Except:
    I'm at a loss to Garrus and his "calibrations". At first I found it humorous but now I'm starting to feel like he was thrown into the game last minute and these eternal calibrations are just a smokescreen for a lack of lines.
    If me and Garrus weren't boyz, with a Z, I would start suspecting he's hiding something in that room. Something along the lines of bodies.

RobotSpammer on
    steam_sig.png
    Playing some ME2 and while the story is "lolz", I'm still having fun with everything the game is providing.
    Except:
    I'm at a loss to Garrus and his "calibrations". At first I found it humorous but now I'm starting to feel like he was thrown into the game last minute and these eternal calibrations are just a smokescreen for a lack of lines.
    If me and Garrus weren't boyz, with a Z, I would start suspecting he's hiding something in that room. Something along the lines of bodies.

You just need to romance him.

Are you a dudeshep? Too bad, you're missing out.

• Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    so i'm about to start up my last run through of ME2 before ME3 drops, and i've got a question

i accidentally registered my Terminus armor/weapon and Dr. Pepper promo stuff to an EA account that isn't linked to my main XBL account. i did that trick a while ago where you download it from a different account and it still shows up since it's on your system, and it worked for a while, but ever since i got the new Xbox and transferred all my data to the new drive, it no longer shows up, even after redownloading it all

anyone know of a way to remedy this?

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    you probably need to do a licence transfer for that gamertag, then redownload them.

using the transfer cable or downloading without the l.t. leaves the "rights" to that content on the old console

• RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    Except:

You just need to romance him.

Are you a dudeshep? Too bad, you're missing out.

So if I was a woman, he would talk to me?
    That makes sense.

steam_sig.png
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    ME2 question... In the final mission, I gather that you assign your crew to various positions;Without getting into spoilers,does it matter who's doing what? For example, is Lead Collector Tickler always dangerous, or is only dangerous when, say, Grunt is doing it, and not in the nimble fingers of Kasumi? I really wanna avoid spoilers, so please keep it to the hypothtical Tickler postion.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yes, you should assign people according to their strengths

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Thane for example is excellent at vent work.

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    ME2 question... In the final mission, I gather that you assign your crew to various positions;Without getting into spoilers,does it matter who's doing what? For example, is Lead Collector Tickler always dangerous, or is only dangerous when, say, Grunt is doing it, and not in the nimble fingers of Kasumi? I really wanna avoid spoilers, so please keep it to the hypothtical Tickler postion.

Assign people based on their known capabilities. If someone says they aren't good at something, don't put them in that role. The only exception is one character who overestimates his/her capabilities who volunteers for something he/she cannot handle. But you'll know which one I mean by this point.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Ha! Okay, this is complete pants on head retarded... but it's so over the top it could practically be its own fan meme.

Kai Leng in Deception does the unthinkable to Anderson...
    He breaks into Anderson's apartment, plants some bugs, and eats his cereal.

You just don't cross that fucking line man, you just don't.
    I am not goddamn kidding on this.

• Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    you probably need to do a licence transfer for that gamertag, then redownload them.

using the transfer cable or downloading without the l.t. leaves the "rights" to that content on the old console

i'll try that, thanks for the tip

• RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    I know for certain you don't mess with another man's fries.

Not sure if the same applies to cereal.

blondeshep.jpg
    What the hell

seriously

what the hell

This sounds like it's breaking records for awful writing

haha oh god

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    It's full of stars.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    yeah, I don't really like the viper.
    "superior dps" be damned, I want my sniper gun to use the model "apply single bullet to face for massive damage"

I also don't understand people's love for the Viper. I don't want to shoot a target 2-3 times to do the same damage. I want to lean out of cover, line my shot up, and fire once. The concussive boom of the gun and the target flopping over dead rewarding my aim. Why would I want to shoot it in the head, neck, and shoulder instead? That's what assault rifles are for.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Except that shooting with the viper 2-3 times does far more damage (combined with powers especially) and faster than the widow. Sinking an entire clip into an enemy ruins the shit out of absolutely anything in the game combined with adrenaline rush to the point of being hilariously broken.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the viper just isn't as sexy as a widow

PNk1Ml4.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote:
    Except that shooting with the viper 2-3 times does far more damage (combined with powers especially) and faster than the widow. Sinking an entire clip into an enemy ruins the shit out of absolutely anything in the game combined with adrenaline rush to the point of being hilariously broken.
    Except..
    Daris wrote:
    Why would I want to shoot it in the head, neck, and shoulder instead? That's what assault rifles are for.
    If you want to argue fast headshots on a multitude of targets, go ahead, but a sniper rifle is for one-shotting people, not 2-to-3-shotting people.

sig.gif
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Except..
    Daris wrote:
    Why would I want to shoot it in the head, neck, and shoulder instead? That's what assault rifles are for.
    If you want to argue fast headshots on a multitude of targets, go ahead, but a sniper rifle is for one-shotting people, not 2-to-3-shotting people.

this reminds me of something.
    why can't we injure people?
    Imagine shooting a batarian in his leg, crippling him and watching him collapse into a pathetic heap on the floor.
    he then calls out for help, his batarian comrades come to aid him, that's when you plug their medic.
    this is the paragon option.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    I finished this last night for the 2nd time. Again, lost ONE member. First time it was Mordin, this time it was Thane. ::tear drop::

But it was still good, the end boss is still a giant meh, which is shocking considering how awesome Saren was in the first one. So, I will do something else till 3 comes out. Can't wait!!

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote:
    Except that shooting with the viper 2-3 times does far more damage (combined with powers especially) and faster than the widow.

For Soldiers, maybe. That's not the case for Infiltrators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDA22JZV1Y

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    evilthecat wrote:
    Imagine shooting a batarian in his leg, crippling him and watching him collapse into a pathetic heap on the floor.
    he then calls out for help, his batarian comrades come to aid him, that's when you plug their medic.
    I thought you could wound enemies; at least, I know you can shoot the legs and arms off of the LOKI mechs.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote:
    evilthecat wrote:
    I thought you could wound enemies; at least, I know you can shoot the legs and arms off of the LOKI mechs.

loki mechs do not cry for their mothers and beg for forgiveness and mercy!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    I kind of wish all games had injuries like that. There were times in ME2 where I'd just be able to see hteir feet, I'd shoot them and they'd die like normal. I'd love to see their feet get shot up, them fall down, and boom lying down head shot! That'd be delicious!