As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, the crippling is Loki-only. Kneecapping batarians though...something to think about.
    milk ducks wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Except that shooting with the viper 2-3 times does far more damage (combined with powers especially) and faster than the widow.

For Soldiers, maybe. That's not the case for Infiltrators.

Soldier is exactly what we were talking about.

Speaking of which, another way Adrenaline Rush is broken is that the Mattock doesn't get its fire rate slowed down at all despite being in slow-motion, sooo...it is going to be an adjustment shock going into ME3 if they actually balanced that ability.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Welp just plopped down a pre-order for the collectors, I am weak.

Still don't know whether to leave my main super saint Shep as a soldier or switch over to something else. Some of the biotics are sounding too fun to not use.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i personally like the geth pulse rifle instead of the revenant.
    2454_515f_500.jpeg

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Except that shooting with the viper 2-3 times does far more damage (combined with powers especially) and faster than the widow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDA22JZV1Y

...wow. Widow supremacy confirmed.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    The closer we get to the release date of ME3, the more I'm beginning to dread the possibility of there being some bullshit 5-point "It's Better With Kinect!" achievement / trophy.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDA22JZV1Y

...wow. Widow supremacy confirmed.

Aside from the part where this was an infiltrator and the conversation has been about whether to get the Widow on a Soldier over the Mattock, and the part where he misses constantly with the viper (which, in AR, you'd have to be extra double-plus awful to do).

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    The closer we get to the release date of ME3, the more I'm beginning to dread the possibility of there being some bullshit 5-point "It's Better With Kinect!" achievement / trophy.
    I hope the Achievement for issuing a voice command is called, "Combing deer, Sir".

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    edited February 2012
    ITT: People who didn't read the part where I said, "For Soldiers, maybe." (referring to a post where someone said the Viper kills faster than the Widow) "That's not the case for Infiltrators."

Which was actually the entire post, except for the video. So that's something.

milk ducks on
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Thanks people; So, don't be a stupid ninnimuffin on the last mission.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Thanks people; So, don't be a stupid ninnimuffin on the last mission.

But save before the suicide mission and be a silly goose after you do it right the first time.

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    NO!!! That.. would not be Cannon. What's next, playing a non-Vanguard?

Speaking of Cannon: http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/mass-effect-3-saves.html
    "Hang on to those Mass Effect 3 saves once you're done, folks - BioWare may have plans to make use of them in the future.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea (to keep your ME3 saves)" said Associate Producer Mike Gamble talking to GamerZinest last week. "Obviously I can't say anything, but it wouldn't be a bad idea..."

Could this be a way to avoid the classic Fallout problem? i.e. Oh, you thought The Brotherhood had changed? Nope, still regressive dicks, sorry.

Hey, sometimes you want a Failshep run without having to play the entire game, plus it gives you the fun of running through the suicide mission again.

I musta played that mission 3 dozen times by now.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So, anyone else going to wait for all the DLC before playing? Yes, I have pre-ordered, why do you ask? I do not function correctly. MY WILL IS STRONG.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 4: Play as Hawx, a [class] refuge displaced by the devastating reaper war, as he becomes the central figure in a multi-decade saga of intrigue in the mysterious Kurkwalle sector. Be sure to import your ME3 save so that npc's correctly refer to 'the spectre' as male or female.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    So, anyone else going to wait for all the DLC before playing? Yes, I have pre-ordered, why do you ask? I do not function correctly. MY WILL IS STRONG.

I don't think we're going to see the quantity of DLC for ME3 story wise. Unless you include the multiplayer DLC in that.

jdarksun wrote:
    They're obviously going to continue making games in the ME universe. Shepard's story is just over with ME3.

Pretty much. This is the end of Shepard's story, but they'll certainly continue to produce content that takes place within the Mass Effect universe. The choices you made as Shepard will still matter; they'll determine who lived and who died; which cities burned; which races were able to set aside their centuries-long conflicts to stand together against the Reapers; etc. So it makes sense that you'd want to keep your save file handy.

Well, they did say there was going be single player DLC, probably character oriented. Shep and Kasumi:Hawaii Style, etc. I'm a completionist, not a replayer, so I really might wait, to get the most complete runthrough possible. It took them about 9 months to release LoTSB, so I figure that's the kinda timeline we're looking at.

nuts dude.

Well, they did say there was going be single player DLC, probably character oriented. Shep and Kasumi:Hawaii Style, etc. I'm a completionist, not a replayer, so I really might wait, to get the most complete runthrough possible. It took them about 9 months to release LoTSB, so I figure that's the kinda timeline we're looking at.

Why not both? :D

I don't plan on waiting 9 minutes when the DLC becomes available, never mind 9 months.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I know, man.

I've only played the entire game through 6-8 times.

Some of the other people around here have done more like 16-18 times.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    More seriously, the 90 minutes spent on the Suicide Mission is better than 50% of the movie's I've seen. Hollywood needs to grasp the significance of this, but that ship has long sailed.

Orca wrote:
    I know, man.

I've only played the entire game through 6-8 times.

Some of the other people around here have done more like 16-18 times.

Did someone call me?

So I decided to total things up.

Twice as soldier: once with Revenant, once with GPS + Mattock + Widow
    Three times as infiltrator: Once with AR specialization, once with the Widow, and once with shotguns (OH YEAH).
    Once as sentinel: shotguns ftw.
    Twice as adept: once vanilla, once with Liara modded in instead of Jack.
    At least three times as Vanguard, and I think more like over 4, alternating between sniper rifle (early on) and krogun specialization (later on when I got the hang of the reload trick).

11 times minimum? WTF?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Bigger fail: Shepard dying at the end of ME2, or Shepard surviving with only Miranda and Jacob + Renegade ending?

sig.gif
  • ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

Mass Effect ODST.

Can't wait.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Overall, I prefer the Widow, but the Viper is a close second--shooting someone in three different spots in his head is its own reward.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    See, I feel terrible about it, but at the end of ME2, I
    let them keep the base, on the suspicion that yeah, it means I'll have to take it out later, but that TIM seems to be on the up-and-up about opposing the Reapers.

I'd rather have every advantage possible vs. the Reapers, even if it means I have to put down some bitch-ass chainsmoker afterwards.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    The thing is that every single crew member says you did the wrong thing afterwards, and if you go the other way every single crew member agrees with you.

I realize that now, yes. But if normal game logic applies, I think my reasoning was sound.

And even if it doesn't, roleplaying lol.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Yeah my reasoning has always been that
    it would be easy enough to take TIM out if he fucks around with the base. After all, shepard already took it over once.

Plus it's hard to justify blowing up a more-or-less functional example of enemy tech, even if it might be dangerous.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Yeah my reasoning has always been that
    it would be easy enough to take TIM out if he fucks around with the base. After all, shepard already took it over once.

Plus it's hard to justify blowing up a more-or-less functional example of enemy tech, even if it might be dangerous.

Arrival spoilers
    That's what they said about Object Rho.

• Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    When has just letting Reaper tech sit there not blown up in your face?

Do I even have to mention Eden Prime, Sovereign, the Derelict Reaper, Object Rho, Grayson or Slight ME3 spoilers
    The Illusive Man?

All Reaper-tech, all bad news. The base is not going to be any different.

Spoken like a true coward.

MyShep is not a coward.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    salvaging sovereign gave us the thanix cannon, and without the the cerberus team on the derelict you'd never have made it through the omega 4 relay.

And I mean (arrival spoiler)
    kenson comes to a bad end, but if not for studying object rho and figuring out what the alpha relay does, the arrival would never have been prevented.

is it dangerous? sure, absolutely. But waiting around and expecting to beat the reapers with the tech we already have doesn't seem like a winning strategy

NREqxl5.jpg
    edited February 2012
    also I have suspicions (WRT your spoiler) about precisely how shepard was brought back to life, but that'd just be me speculating so

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    All I can say to that is compare your renegade eyes to The Illusive Man's.

HMMM.