As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SSX] World class tunnel physics simulator

• HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone. I just wrote up a story on SSX and the Badges that are in the game. I'm not sure if what I received was meant for internals or not - had an Excel sheet attached.

Either way here, it is: http://www.savingcontent.com/2012/02/ssx-earning-badges-without-having-to-join-the-boy-scouts/

At the bottom of the story is a link to a Public Google Doc of that Excel sheet that you can save, where it shows all of the Badges in SSX.

SSX-Badges-1024x576.jpg

• MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    I heard there is a limited/collectors edition of this game, but I dont see it for sale anywhere?

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Mugaaz wrote:
    I heard there is a limited/collectors edition of this game, but I dont see it for sale anywhere?

The UK gets Mt. Fuji for a limited time, but otherwise there is no collector's or special edition to speak of.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Hawk wrote:
    Hey everyone. I just wrote up a story on SSX and the Badges that are in the game. I'm not sure if what I received was meant for internals or not - had an Excel sheet attached.

Either way here, it is: http://www.savingcontent.com/2012/02/ssx-earning-badges-without-having-to-join-the-boy-scouts/

At the bottom of the story is a link to a Public Google Doc of that Excel sheet that you can save, where it shows all of the Badges in SSX.

SSX-Badges-1024x576.jpg

Ahhh! The badges look awesome!

• bfickybficky Registered User regular
    PSN: BFicky

Absolutely loved SSX3, so I'll probably break my "never buy games at launch" rule for this one.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    As stated in the Deals thread, 44.99 at NewEgg, free shipping. Better than the TRU deal since there won't be tax.

I'm sending Amazon the link at their site hoping they match this one since I have Prime so everyone else, hit it up if you got a second, it's at the bottom "tell us about a better price"

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    As stated in the Deals thread, 44.99 at NewEgg, free shipping. Better than the TRU deal since there won't be tax.

I'm sending Amazon the link at their site hoping they match this one since I have Prime so everyone else, hit it up if you got a second, it's at the bottom "tell us about a better price"

Done!

I have $20 in Amazon credit at the moment, so if they honor it I just might be able to get it!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i submitted the price match too, i hope amazon does it.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Unlikely that they will match, given that they're already throwing a ten dollar credit in.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah but I don't want to save $10 later, I want to save $15 now.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    How is Newegg with release day shipping?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    Gamertag is Angel177

Picked up SSX3 for5 bucks, Man I forgot how lame you start out, Its still a blast to just run the mountain!

Also are we listing ideas for soundtracks yet?

Arctic Monkeys - View from the afternoon

Ellie Goulding - Lights (Bassnectar Remix)

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • chidonachidona Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Have put my pre-order in for this whilst I picked up FFXIII-2. First time I've pre-ordered a game since pokemon gold when I was in my early teens.

My Soundtrack has to include The Island (parts 1 + 2) by Pendulum - it's called sport rock for a reason.

Also, correction - my psn name is 'chidona', no capital C. My mistake before (I haven't played anything online on the ps3 yet).

chidona on
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Hybrid - Finished Symphony.

If you've played SSX or SSX Tricky, you know why.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    Hybrid - Finished Symphony.

If you've played SSX or SSX Tricky, you know why.

So great.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This is going to include so much dubstep isn't it?

edited February 2012
    So are there no traditional races and trick sections anymore? Is it all just the big mountain stuff with the occasional ghost players?

Because that seems like a step back from SSX3. The previews I've read aren't exactly jammed packed with knowledge.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So are there no traditional races and trick sections anymore? Is it all just the big mountain stuff with the occasional ghost players?

Because that seems like a step back from SSX3. The previews I've read aren't exactly jammed packed with knowledge.

There absolutely are races and trick sections.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-ssx/17-5580/

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Whoo, Kaori still in it. Wonder if she can still do the "I'm playing a guitar but it's actually my snowboard" uber move.

My preorder depends on that move.

Oh brilliant
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Can you make your own character?

no, but there are still tons of ways to customize the riders we do have

that's a bummer
    i hope the customization is deep

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Could you make your own character before? I don't remember

you could in On Tour or whatever the one I have was called

edited February 2012
    Yeah, in On Tour you had to be a custom character for the actual proper tour part of it.

EDIT; God dammit.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • chidonachidona Registered User regular
    The On-Tour custom character was pretty rubbish though. One of the great things about SSX was the strong characterisation (for a sports game); it was quirky and fun to hit the mountain as a drugged up Viggo - with on tour you just had a dude in a really boring shirt.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, I hate created characters personally so I'm pretty indifferent to them not being in the game

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I usually make my own characters if I have the choice, but Elise is awesome so i'd probably be playing her anyway even if there was an option.

chidona wrote:
    The On-Tour custom character was pretty rubbish though. One of the great things about SSX was the strong characterisation (for a sports game); it was quirky and fun to hit the mountain as a drugged up Viggo - with on tour you just had a dude in a really boring shirt.

with a totally sweet mustache!

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Whelp, just bought SSX 3 to hold me over since I never felt like I gave it a fair shake and everyone apparently adores it. Now I have 2 days to find my PS2...

I do agree that characters are usually better when they're super distinctive and not created by the player, but occasionally a game comes along with an amazing character creator (Saints Row the Third for example) which makes me question that a bit. :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Aistan wrote:

There absolutely are races and trick sections.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-ssx/17-5580/

I've watched that entire thing and I didn't seem him race anyone besides ghosts. Does he mention it somewhere? It's possible I was zoning out during that part.

Uselesswarrior on
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Wasn't it mentioned that some of the drop points are for racing and some are for tricks?

cckerberos.png
  • JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Are you talking about live multiplayer? Because there IS live multi, but it's online only. It's the global competition thing, where you make an event, set up some rules, and then send out the invites (if I've been reading properly). Otherwise, in Explore mode, every event has a G/S/N medal CPU and the ghost of the highest scoring friend you have on that run.

That being said, the Giant Bomb video totally sold me on this game. RiderNet sounds legit, and as much as I HATE the fact that the industry has given up on local multi in favor of milking us for multiple copies of games, I still want to support inventive social stuff like that.

And, you know, it's tricky.

So, put me down for the 360 version. GT == Jack Kieser

JackKieser on

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    There's not going to be a PC release of this, is there.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    SSX was one of my launch title loves from the PS2 days, I'm PSYCHED for this. Newegg has it for $45 - I already preordered

Edit: but you people already knew that, didn't you.

george-x on
    roster.gif
    Aaand the track list for those who wanted to know. I don't know any of these artists except Run DMC. I am old
    Camo & Krooked - Breezeblock
    Camo & Krooked - Portal
    DelsCapsize ft. Joe Goddard & Roots - Manuva
    Digitalism- Blitz
    DJ Shadow -I Gotta Rock (Irn Mnky Swagger Mix)
    Felguk ft. Example - Plastic Smile
    Flux Pavilion - I Can't Stop
    Foster the People - Houdini
    Handsome Furs- Damage
    Hyper - Accelerate
    J Boogie's Dubtronic Science -Magik (Egyptian Lover Remix) ft. Aima the Dream, Cait La Dee & Raashan Ahmad
    Kid Digital- Done With That ft. Profit
    Konrad Old Money -Big Error
    Lateef the Truthspeaker - Oakland ft. Del the Funky Homosapien & The Grouch
    Nero- Scorpions
    Noisia - Could this Be
    Noisia - Machine Gun
    Pretty Lights - Hot Like Dimes
    Raffertie - Twitch (It Grows and Grows: SSX Version)
    Run-DMC - It's Tricky (SSX Pretty Lights Remix)
    Skrillex - Scatta ft. Foreign Beggers & Bare Noize
    Styrofoam Ones- Better
    The Big Pink - Stay Gold
    The Herbaliser - What You Asked For
    The Hives - 1000 Answers
    The Naked and Famous - Young Blood
    The Prototypes - Your Future
    The Qemists - Bones ft. Kellermensch
    The Qemists - Stompbox
    The Qemists - Lifeline
    Theophilus London - I Stand Alone (Ocelot Mix)
    TRS-80 - Mirage
    Turbowolf - A Rose for the Crows
    Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix)
    Wretch 32- Traktor
    Zion I and the Grouch- Drop It on the 1

Also the weird amount of non-specific info from the developers on multiplayer is sort of disheartening, from everything I'm reading it seems like there is no real "start a race with x amount of friends" with like a starting line scenario. You can set up an "event", invite your "friends" and then everyone goes down on their own with no interaction to each other and you compare trick scores at the bottom.

I figured at least we could get some private 8 player races where we all start at a starting line and shove and crash into each other on the way down.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    sounds like DLC if that ever does happen

That multiplayer news is whack. Urge to day one... lowering.

Is there any chance at all of this ending up on Steam / PC in general at some point?

Oh brilliant
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The thing is, while I understand that being a problem for others, I love the idea of. I rarely have time to sit and arrange a group of friends to play some multi these days. Our schedules are so scattered. But autolog style, where I sign in and whip some ass on their scores? I'm all over that shit.

I dig the Autolog stuff too but I'd like the option to just straight up race as well with people. Maybe get in a private session with a few people and find some new routes and whatnot.

I feel like with Autolog you'll always have like 3-4 people on your friend list who are GODLY at the game and you'll never even come close to competing with those scores. So then you end up deleting friends until you're #1 on every scoreboard :D

Allforce wrote:
    I dig the Autolog stuff too but I'd like the option to just straight up race as well with people. Maybe get in a private session with a few people and find some new routes and whatnot.

I feel like with Autolog you'll always have like 3-4 people on your friend list who are GODLY at the game and you'll never even come close to competing with those scores. So then you end up deleting friends until you're #1 on every scoreboard :D

They addressed that, actually. You can kind of "mute" whichever friends you want, so they don't show up on your scoreboards.