As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX East Philadelphia meet up

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Arigh wrote:
    Fooker wrote:
    This sound amazing, I wouldnt think that there would be much PAXer's from the Philly area! I would definitely be down to hang out and get to know people from the area that are all about games! Unfortunately I am only 19, so any bars would be out of the question unless they dont scan ID's (shh) I live right in Philly and attend Drexel, ill definitely be looking for more information about this meet-up!

Another Drexel student going to PAX? http://i.imgur.com/Ktcd2.gif

Wait what's this about Drexel? Because Im there too... Why do we not know each other then?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Depending on when it is, I'll either be in Easton/Allentown/Bethlehem or West Chester, so I'm down for it.

• MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    So excited there is a Philly community going to PAX! I'll be representing South Street and UArt's haha. Me and my peeps who will also be going to PAX would love to do a Philly meet up, so count us in!

Also, how are most of you getting there/any Philly people staying at the Westin? Anyone else doing megabus?

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    We're staying at the westin and this year we are taking the train. There is a northeast regional discount going on right now.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am staying at the Park Plaza and plan on taking the train (from Trenton). So, do we have a date for the meet up? Are we 100% doing the Barcade?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote:
    Also, how are most of you getting there/any Philly people staying at the Westin? Anyone else doing megabus?

Yes me and my friends are staying at the Westin and we are also planning on taking the megabus. I'm just waiting for the dates of PAX to become available for purchase on the megabus website.

• benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote:
    MissMoogle wrote:

Yes me and my friends are staying at the Westin and we are also planning on taking the megabus. I'm just waiting for the dates of PAX to become available for purchase on the megabus website.

The Dates have been available since last PAX. That's why almost all the close hotels are sold out, and the 3 day passes are sold out.

EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, April 6, 2012 - 10am to 6pm
    Saturday, April 7, 2012 - 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 - 10am to 6pm

EVENT HOURS
    Friday, April 6, 2012 - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, April 7, 2012 - 10am to 2am
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 - 10am to 7pm

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think he meant that megabus doesn't have those dates open for purchase yet

• benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    I think he meant that megabus doesn't have those dates open for purchase yet

Ah yes, that makes sense!

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • JohnnyciscoJohnnycisco PARegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    Are we 100% doing the Barcade?
    i like the barcade idea but if anyone has a better suggestion let me know

twitter.com/johnnycisco52
    Facebook.com/johnnycisco
    GT: johnnycisco52
    Hmmmm what about Dave and Busters?

• RicinRicin Registered User regular
    Hey I am a drexel grad still in the area.

Have a time date been set for this thing yet? I really would like to go because I might be screwed out of PAX by my job,

Ricin

• feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I'd like to see this happen in February, when I'm able to take off during the weekdays. Although from the 13th to the 23rd I'm off work recovering from thyroid surgery, which would make travel to Philly a bad idea.

• KryptoLojikKryptoLojik Grand Master of Funkotron NE Pa.Registered User regular
    I'm up in scranton and would definitely drive down to barcade, my only requirement is that it is on a weekend and not the weekend of the scranton st pattys day parade. I'd also have and extra 2 or 3 seats in my car for those in the pocono that may need a ride.

Ricin wrote:
    Hey I am a drexel grad still in the area.

Have a time date been set for this thing yet? I really would like to go because I might be screwed out of PAX by my job,

Ricin

This is when you say fuck the man and just go to PAX. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Heads up to you who were planning to take Megabus. They posted tickets today but they very clearly inflated their prices for easter weekend travelers. I think we're going to drive instead now and save $40 for pax merchandise.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Heads up to you who were planning to take Megabus. They posted tickets today but they very clearly inflated their prices for easter weekend travelers. I think we're going to drive instead now and save $40 for pax merchandise.

Darn they really did jack up the price out out of Philly. Prices are like 25 R/T out of NYC which isn't too bad.

Train all the way!

bYf6vNQ.png
    we are definitely doing this on a weekend. and D&B isn't a bad idea either do we have a preference as to which one? Delaware Ave.? Plymouth Meeting? i know the one in Plymouth Meeting is right off the turnpike and the blue route and has lots of seating and open area.

Facebook.com/johnnycisco
    redfield85 wrote:
    This is when you say fuck the man and just go to PAX. ;)

I still owe 5 digits in student loans ... unless you want to pay them. I am not going to be saying F**K THE MAN anytime soon.

Ricin

If we went with D&B I'd prefer the one on Delaware Ave in Philly, its much closer to my location.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote:
    If we went with D&B I'd prefer the one on Delaware Ave in Philly, its much closer to my location.

I live 5 minutes from the Plymouth Meeting one! But idc, I'm fine with anywhere.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    if this is going to be on a weekend, the delaware ave one is going to be more crowded. maybe the PM one is the better option.

• zoidbergensteinzoidbergenstein Registered User regular
    i might be down for this as well. ill also be taking the train to pax.

• feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Ricin wrote:
    I still owe 5 digits in student loans ... unless you want to pay them. I am not going to be saying F**K THE MAN anytime soon.

Ricin

I owe six digits in student loans. Try again. :P

• thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    Did a date get picked for this yet? I'm going to that FITES LAN in Harrisburg the weekend of the 24th... Hoping it's not the same weekend.

No, no date has been picked, which I have been waiting for. Nothing has been suggested I believe. Just that we should do it in February.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Depending on when this is, I might try to take the ride over from Pittsburgh, since we don't seem to be having any kind of meetup over on our side of the state.

Hi Fellow PAXers! So we have it narrowed down to the 3rd or 17th of March. Someone did point out the 17th was St Patty's Day, so not sure if that will still work for everyone. My wife again has contacted Barcade, but also contacted Dave and Busters in Plymouth Meeting. She is waiting for a return call from Dave and Busters within the next 48 hours (per the website this should happen) and hopefully from Barcade too. Whoever confirms they have room that they can set up for us all to gather and meet that is who wins lol. We will let you know this week on location and date. :)

Facebook.com/johnnycisco
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hi Fellow PAXers! So we have it narrowed down to the 3rd or 17th of March. Someone did point out the 17th was St Patty's Day, so not sure if that will still work for everyone. My wife again has contacted Barcade, but also contacted Dave and Busters in Plymouth Meeting. She is waiting for a return call from Dave and Busters within the next 48 hours (per the website this should happen) and hopefully from Barcade too. Whoever confirms they have room that they can set up for us all to gather and meet that is who wins lol. We will let you know this week on location and date. :)

3rd is way better, I gots plans on the 17th :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    The 3rd would work better for me, but I'm a maybe. I'm assuming it would be in the evening? I might take the train over from Pittsburgh and arrive Saturday afternoon.

I would do 3rd just because of the 17th being St. Patty's Day.

I was actually in Barcade Friday night. Went to a concert at the Troc and then we went to some place that was down the street from Barcade. Stopped in there quick to check it out. I liked it. I assume we have to pay for the games since they have coin machines in there. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I'm assuming you saw Less then Jake at the Troc friday night? How was it? I was thinking about going but I couldn't find anyone to go with. Also either day would work the same for me. I'm not sure if I will be able to go yet due to my work schedule but there is an equal chance for me to be able to go either day.

mgriff3456 wrote:
    I'm assuming you saw Less then Jake at the Troc friday night? How was it? I was thinking about going but I couldn't find anyone to go with. Also either day would work the same for me. I'm not sure if I will be able to go yet due to my work schedule but there is an equal chance for me to be able to go either day.

It was fun. Not as good as when they played there last year. For an anniversary show, it wasn't as good as it should've been. Who plays a brand new, never heard before song at an anniversary show? Some guy did try to fight the lead singer after he was called out for being a douche. That was entertaining.

Like I said, it was fun. I don't regret going at all.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • gootajobgootajob Registered User new member
    I live in NE Philly and would be in for a PAX meetup wherever. The 3rd works for me, 17th not so much. Where is this Barcade you speak of? and how come I didn't know about it? did it just open recently?

edited February 2012
    gootajob wrote:
    I live in NE Philly and would be in for a PAX meetup wherever. The 3rd works for me, 17th not so much. Where is this Barcade you speak of? and how come I didn't know about it? did it just open recently?

I think it opened around November 2011 if I read their website correctly.

Their website.

edit: We should probably get an official head count for this going.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Please let me know when Dates are solidified, I am trying to dodge jury duty. :)

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    I could do the 3rd 100%.

Dave & Busters in Plymouth Meeting responded today. There are 2 options we could do, my wife is waiting on a response to a few more questions, but in the meantime wanted to get your opinions. One option would be to just have a large group table reservation -but this can only be for max 15 people, but no commitment to a minimum that needs to be spent. The other option is a private room, but there is a commitment of a minimum amount that needs to be spent in order to reserve the room, not sure of the amount yet, this is what she is waiting on a response to. So what do you think? My wife and I think we will have more then 15 people based on this thread, and think a room would help accomplish more of the "meet and greet" atmosphere we were trying for. My wife, Dianna, is thinking if she has them set up a cash bar in that party area it should be ok and should be able to meet the commitment, but needs to wait for a response from D&B. FYI - She let D&B know that we are planning for evening on the 3rd of March.

Facebook.com/johnnycisco
    Yea, I would definitely love a private room. Don't have to talk over the noise and not hear shit anyone is saying. They have bowling there, right? We should 100% bowl! Maybe see if that can be in our package somehow? If we do bowl, it is definitely smart to see if we can get a lane well ahead of time because it will get crowded probably.

Damn. I had a D&B card with a whole bunch of tickets on it and I might have thrown it out. Maybe D&B is better since it won't be a full on bar scene with our first meet up? Maybe the next time could be at Barcade.

bYf6vNQ.png