As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Fitness Group! [Meetup Friday 4/6 1PM outside the Wyvern Theater]

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Dreamwish wrote:
    MASeffect wrote:
    I think that the group of fitocrats from the forums should get a button or something. The original idea was something similar... but then we could recognize the others easily!

That would be cool.

Conceivably, there could also be an icon of some sort on people's PAX East trading cards, for recuitment purposes. :P

I would TOTALLY put an icon on my card for it! We should get a sticker/pin to put on our lanyard/badge so we can see it on people as we walk around!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    MintMint Registered User regular
    I'm doing a zero-glycemic diet. It works really well, and really fast (3-5 lbs per week for women, 5-7 for men) but it's low-carb, low-sugar and low-fat. It's almost impossible to eat out: no carrots, tomatoes, onions, salad dressings, fried food, fatty meats... the list goes on. If anyone else is doing something similar, here's what I've found works best for eating out.

1. Pho - order with double or triple meat, extra veggies and no noodles. Filling and tasty! And cheap!
    2. Steak (within reason)
    3. Sashimi

16 pounds down in 3 weeks. Fuck Yeah!

Wow!! this sounds really hard!... what can you eat then?? i'd love to hear your daily meal plan.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Mint wrote:
    I'm doing a zero-glycemic diet. It works really well, and really fast (3-5 lbs per week for women, 5-7 for men) but it's low-carb, low-sugar and low-fat. It's almost impossible to eat out: no carrots, tomatoes, onions, salad dressings, fried food, fatty meats... the list goes on. If anyone else is doing something similar, here's what I've found works best for eating out.

1. Pho - order with double or triple meat, extra veggies and no noodles. Filling and tasty! And cheap!
    2. Steak (within reason)
    3. Sashimi

16 pounds down in 3 weeks. Fuck Yeah!

Wow!! this sounds really hard!... what can you eat then?? i'd love to hear your daily meal plan.

Breakfast - Meal Packet
    Lunch - Meal Packet + 2 Cups Veggies
    Snack - Meal Packet
    Dinner - 4-8 oz lean protein, 2 Cups Veggies

It's a medically supervised meal-replacement plan, so you eat a lot of prepackaged powder liquid meals like shakes or soups, puddings, etc... The way it works is that you basically shut down your pancreas for a little R&R, and your body naturally starts burning fat reserves immediately when your daily caloric intake is burned up. It's only 800 very targeted calories per day but you feel great and have a ton of energy because the packets have all of the vital nutrition you need with no extra anything.

It's only tough because I love, love, love food and you can't cheat or it will stall out your diet. If you even have a teaspoon of sugar or a single piece of bread, it resets your body chemistry and you have to wait 3 days before you start burning fat reserves again, so you can't cheat even a little bit or you end up dieting FOREVER. It's hardest when I'm sitting around at a restaurant drinking club soda and watching everyone else eat :(.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Lost the 2.2lbs this week that I gained the week before, I've realized I need to watch my carb intake closely to lose, going over 50grams even once can stall or reverse my weight loss. :-(

Oh, and this is day 10 without any diet soda! Go me, go me!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    MintMint Registered User regular
    @ LexiconGrrl wow! that takes a hell of alot of drive... i don't think i could do it!

@ Chorazin grats on quitting soda! once you stop you'll never go back... it tastes like crap!

• Options
    Chorazin wrote:
    Lost the 2.2lbs this week that I gained the week before, I've realized I need to watch my carb intake closely to lose, going over 50grams even once can stall or reverse my weight loss. :-(

Oh, and this is day 10 without any diet soda! Go me, go me!

Congrats! Diet soda is really tough to kick. Have you tried those 'essence' sparkling waters? The ones that are like someone squeezed a lemon into a glass of club soda? They've got some unsweetened flavors that aren't too bad. I drink tons of Talking Rain out here!

• Options
    henry.hargrovehenry.hargrove Registered User regular
    I'm really skeptical if diet soda is really bad from a dieting standpoint. I don't think the sodium is high enough to affect your desire for food and the carbonation doesn't really affect your metabolism. Other than the fact that it is filled with a bunch of completely artificial but calorie free sweeteners, I don't think cutting out diet soda is bad. Now that full sugar stuff... that's the diabetes in a can.

Has anyone overtrained a muscle group without feeling like it was thrashed the next day? I'm trying to really work a specific muscle (*ahem*) but it's not sore the next day. So I work out that same day, sometimes the same muscle group albeit not focusing on that group. Am I maybe not giving the muscle enough time to heal and grow and I'm just not realizing it?

• Options
    And LexiconGrrl... mad props! 800 calories, regardless of what super fancy magic medical formula you are using, sounds tough because it is tough.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I'm really skeptical if diet soda is really bad from a dieting standpoint. I don't think the sodium is high enough to affect your desire for food and the carbonation doesn't really affect your metabolism. Other than the fact that it is filled with a bunch of completely artificial but calorie free sweeteners, I don't think cutting out diet soda is bad. Now that full sugar stuff... that's the diabetes in a can.

There have been a few studies done that show people who drink diet soda do gain more weight than those who drink water. The best guess that have so far is they think it is boosting your insulin levels regardless of the number of calories.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options

There have been a few studies done that show people who drink diet soda do gain more weight than those who drink water. The best guess that have so far is they think it is boosting your insulin levels regardless of the number of calories.

Well, all those chemicals aren't exactly good for you, and @adias.angel is right about the studies. Apparently even fake sweeteners can trick your body into producing insultin like it's real sugar. Right now the only sweetner I'm using each day is a packet of Truvia for my morning coffee. Feels good man!

Found out that a 5 peice Extra Crispy meal at KFC is only about 45 carbs, I'm gonna get that for lunch and have a nice salad for dinner! Excited for my "feels like it should be carbier than it is" treat today! :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just jumping in here to post what I am doing.

I started Weight Watchers online on the first of the year. The only exercise I have done is floor hockey twice a week. I have lost a total of 7.8 lbs so far. The first "week" was only 4 days since I started on like a Sunday and weigh in I decided would be Thursday. After that, I lost 3.4, 3.0, and 1.4 lbs. That last week was expected as I got a little off track. I expect to be above 2 lbs lost when I weigh in tomorrow.

I find it amazing that I lost this much weight by just changing my eating and how much of it I do. I am lazy, so when I start seeing the pounds not coming off as much as I would like, then I will start up DDR/P90X again.

Go team PAX!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Here's a mostly free site to help you out. Some good tools here to keep track of what you eat and your weight loss goals.

http://www.livestrong.com/

• Options
    TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Just shy of 2 weeks in and down about 8lbs. I had been hovering at a fairly consistent 233ish lbs. and hadn't been watching what I was eating. I didn't eat horribly very often but it was still being done occasionally. I was already pretty much exclusively drinking water as that was a change I made awhile back. I started off with just calorie restriction but have since decided to try the Primal diet. I've been eating fish/meat and veggies and snacking on nuts and some occasional fruit. It's forced me to start cooking again (I absolutely LOVE cooking but it was always easy to make an excuse after getting out of work late). It was a little expensive starting out, and cutting out all of the grains has certainly been rough, but I've come to realize that I certainly enjoy the meals despite not having all the carbs. On top of the weight loss, I also seem to be getting more restful sleep and have been waking up with my alarm without issue. Since I'm actively thinking about what I'm eating I'm also more conscious of how much I'm eating. I'm finding it much easier to eat until I'm satiated and not keep going.

I still need to work in more exercise since that's still lacking, but the diet change alone has made a big difference.

JQ1qRPt.png
  • Options
    @Chorazin Whaaa? Chems and stims aren't good for you? Well I killed off the last bit of diet dr pepper I had last night. All that is left is a half tin (like, a pound worth) of m'fin Tang and then it's just me and water.

And nevermind on that not working the muscle thing. Definitely felt it after my swim last night. It's funny how lifting weights for an hour "feels" like nothing but 30 minutes in the pool and my arms are spaghetti. Anihoos... yoga time!

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:

I started Weight Watchers online on the first of the year. The only exercise I have done is floor hockey twice a week. I have lost a total of 7.8 lbs so far. The first "week" was only 4 days since I started on like a Sunday and weigh in I decided would be Thursday. After that, I lost 3.4, 3.0, and 1.4 lbs. That last week was expected as I got a little off track. I expect to be above 2 lbs lost when I weigh in tomorrow.

I find it amazing that I lost this much weight by just changing my eating and how much of it I do. I am lazy, so when I start seeing the pounds not coming off as much as I would like, then I will start up DDR/P90X again.

Go team PAX!

Hello fellow WW bud! Haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet to see if there are more of us, but just wanted to express some solidarity!

Hi to everyone else too!

I've been on WW for about a year and a half and am down 31 pounds. I know it doesn't sound like a lot in 18 months, but I'm in it for the long haul and anything down is down in my mind. My goal is to lose another 30 by the end of 2012. After that I'll still need to lose 10 to be in what's considered 'healthy BMI' range for my height, but I'll still be really happy to have those 60 off! I'd love it if I could lose 10 by PAX. We'll see.

Do people post in this thread pretty regularly? And if they do, what do they post? Meal ideas? Weekly weights? I've checked out the WW message boards and they don't really do it for me, but I'd love to have someplace to post regularly where people are looking for it, keeping me accountable and whatnot. If not, either way, nice to know there are other PAX nerds who are struggling to become healthier versions of themselves! :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I've been absolutely horrible at logging into Fitocracy and posting here, however now that I'm in a more controlled environment, I'm eating healthier and exercising at least 30 minutes every day. Since I'm at school, I walk absolutely everywhere, and that helps. I haven't posted a picture because I am ridiculously self-conscious, although right now I'm hovering somewhere around 160. I hope to lose another 30lbs before PAX, which isn't unreasonable if I'm going by the 2lbs a week rule. Technically, I should be capable of losing more, but I'm a bit on the smaller side and I don't have the extra time to put into the gym, so I'm doing what I can. That being said, I should get over to Fitocracy and take another look around...

• Options
    edited February 2012
    And LexiconGrrl... mad props! 800 calories, regardless of what super fancy magic medical formula you are using, sounds tough because it is tough.

These two comments actually kinda go together. The program I'm on is called Ideal Protein, and it's a french diet that's been approved in the US for about 2 years. You have to get it from a certified provider - usually doctors or professional dietiticans and you're closely monitored to make sure that you're healthy and following the protocol.

The whole premise of this program is that it's the production of insulin that prevents you from losing weight. Everything on this diet is geared to restrict insulin-producing foods from your daily diet and as a result, you end up losing crazy amounts of weight without taking a hit to your health (some folks think Atkins isn't great for your body. Me, I have no opinion on that). Because it's been scientifically undisputed that sugar substitutes like aspartame make your body produce insulin, diet sodas are on the no-fly list.

Last summer, I lost 50 lbs in 2 months and felt great. This spring, I'm down about 18 lbs since January 6 and my allergies have dissapeared. (I pinkie swear I'm not a pushing this product, I just really really like it.) It's not as hard as it sounds to stay motivated when you can weigh yourself every day and see a significant weight loss. The best part is that you're restricted from strenuous exercise - definitely light exercise like walking or doing yardwork is encouraged but with only 800 calories in your body every day, you can do more harm than good if you overdo it so there's no hard, sweaty workouts.

And to BrownCoatBeth & LedaXI: YAY! MORE GIRLS! We could totally post recipes and stuff! ;)

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    *waves at lexicongrrl* - sup sista

also, i just finished reading through all 8 pages of this thread. holy bejeezus that's a lot of information, most of it super great and useful! I have:
    - joined the fitocracy group: I think logging workouts will DEFINITELY keep me motivated to account for my activity
    - started salivating over the idea of the fitbit (how had I never heard of this???) - it puts my weight watchers pedometer to shame, although it doesn't give me points, so I'm not sure if I should switch...
    - gotten some great meal and snack ideas
    - given myself a +5 bonus to motivation rolls! you guys are awesome! hopefully my exercise posts will start showing up on your fitocracy feeds soon! thanks for getting me more motivated!

much<3
    browncoatbeth

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    *waves at lexicongrrl* - sup sista

Nods in the coolest, most imperceptible way.

'Sup.'

• Options
    redfield85 wrote:

Go team PAX!

Hello fellow WW bud! Haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet to see if there are more of us, but just wanted to express some solidarity!

Hi to everyone else too!

I've been on WW for about a year and a half and am down 31 pounds. I know it doesn't sound like a lot in 18 months, but I'm in it for the long haul and anything down is down in my mind. My goal is to lose another 30 by the end of 2012. After that I'll still need to lose 10 to be in what's considered 'healthy BMI' range for my height, but I'll still be really happy to have those 60 off! I'd love it if I could lose 10 by PAX. We'll see.

Do people post in this thread pretty regularly? And if they do, what do they post? Meal ideas? Weekly weights? I've checked out the WW message boards and they don't really do it for me, but I'd love to have someplace to post regularly where people are looking for it, keeping me accountable and whatnot. If not, either way, nice to know there are other PAX nerds who are struggling to become healthier versions of themselves! :)

Yea, WW is the greatest. I lost another 2.4 lbs in the past week. Down 10.2 lbs in like 3 1/2 weeks. It is insane that I can lose this much in so little time while only playing floor hockey once or twice a week. The rest of the time I am just jobless, lazy, and playing games. I hope to average 10 lbs a month, maybe more if I actually exercise daily. Congrats on the 31 lbs!

WW just keeps me straight. Even when I "cheat" I still make sure that I stick to the point totals. I love that I went out and got Chinese food with friends one week and still lost like 3 lbs. Ha. The whole weigh in weekly and track food with points keeps me legit. I am trying to not spend my whole daily total. I get 53 points as of right now. While I don't eat them every day, the weight watchers meals taste good to me and are only like 6-8 points.

With how well I am doing, I am always sad on weigh in day because I have to wait a week to see how much more I lost. That keeps me motivated to stay on course. I am thinking of buying a shirt that is a size smaller than what I have now so that I can try it on every once in awhile to feel how much I have lost.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    - joined the fitocracy group: I think logging workouts will DEFINITELY keep me motivated to account for my activity

I can't tell you what a motivator the points are. Even getting in shape for my wedding couldn't keep me motivated the way fitocracy does. ;-)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    blackbirdblackbird Registered User regular
    I just joined the Fitocracy group and did my first workout... and I can definitely say it helps to get some sort of point value for all your hard work. So thank you for introducing me to it! But having like minded people to bond with over getting fit certainly helps! That said, I'm excited to start getting in shape (even if it's a little bit of a late start in comparison to some of you folks!). After finally kicking soda and deciding to try my hand at the Tone It Up! diet (and just eating better in general), I have to admit I'm looking forward to dropping a few dress sizes, and not just for PAX either.

• Options
    Huzzah for the influx of ladies! Having women around always makes guys work out harder. :-P

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    In the spirit of friendly gaming competition, is anybody interested in a girls v boys weight-loss-off? Compare the average loss for each team by PAX?

• Options
    In the spirit of friendly gaming competition, is anybody interested in a girls v boys weight-loss-off? Compare the average loss for each team by PAX?

What's the time frame and do I have to be a fit-o-crat (sic?) to participate. I think there is a boy under that ghoulish mask. In other news, I don't know if it was the Vegan good, the thermogenic, or the venti coffee coursing through my veins, but my workout kicked my butt today. But sweat and breathing and tired muscles = good, no?

My diet now mostly consists of protein, veggies, and unfortunately, drinking (used to inhibit shyness when dancing). I actually stay away from meat and save it for special occasions. That small piece of meat is de-lish when you've been mowing down broccoli for the entire week. Most of the protein is via powerbars or builder bars or powder. I don't know exactly what produces insulin but I did do sugar busters back in the day and that certainly worked. It just didn't stick because it was a plan and I'm not so good with the planning.

• Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

I think we can make that happen. There's 63 days left to PAX, why don't we start at the 60 day mark? Obviously honor system for beginning weight, we could have a weigh in at PAX if someone can bring a scale in.

Also so awesome to see so much activity here. Go go fitness min/maxers, let's use those analytical minds to break the fat nerd stereotype.

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    nicholas_wrightnicholas_wright Registered User regular

What's the time frame and do I have to be a fit-o-crat (sic?) to participate. I think there is a boy under that ghoulish mask. In other news, I don't know if it was the Vegan good, the thermogenic, or the venti coffee coursing through my veins, but my workout kicked my butt today. But sweat and breathing and tired muscles = good, no?

My diet now mostly consists of protein, veggies, and unfortunately, drinking (used to inhibit shyness when dancing). I actually stay away from meat and save it for special occasions. That small piece of meat is de-lish when you've been mowing down broccoli for the entire week. Most of the protein is via powerbars or builder bars or powder. I don't know exactly what produces insulin but I did do sugar busters back in the day and that certainly worked. It just didn't stick because it was a plan and I'm not so good with the planning.

Carbohydrates are the most common cause for an insulin response, though insulin is released other times as well. If you've got 90 minutes, Robert Lustig has a fun lecture here. He spends about 30 minutes on advanced organic chemistry explaining the digestive processing of sugars, but he's a funny and insightful lecturer and so book-ends this with good information on general nutrition, processed foods, and the current obesity problem in America.

• Options

I think we can make that happen. There's 63 days left to PAX, why don't we start at the 60 day mark? Obviously honor system for beginning weight, we could have a weigh in at PAX if someone can bring a scale in.

Also so awesome to see so much activity here. Go go fitness min/maxers, let's use those analytical minds to break the fat nerd stereotype.

That's a great idea! I wonder if there's somewhere in the Westin or PAX where we could set up a scale and a notebook and let people come in and weigh themselves, or if we should set up a formal meetup. If we do a meetup, it should be on Thursday night or Friday morning, as I'm sure people (like me) will use the weekend as an excuse to pig out. I want to weigh in before I start eating!

• Options
    Chorazin wrote:
    Huzzah for the influx of ladies! Having women around always makes guys work out harder. :-P

I have been holding in my gut this whole time!

Also, the whole competition aspect sounds fun. I say one person acts as the leader of each team, everyone gives their weight to that person, and then at PAX we have a scale (well, if everyone would feel comfortable with this) and someone smart does some math. Thursday night might not be good since there are a few Pre-PAX things going on (I am going to the dinner and pub crawl).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just popping in to say I've been using Fitocracy (Add me!) since late October and love it. This week I started using a calorie counter app (Android & iOS) and website called MyFitnessPal (it's a really popular download from what I've seen) which claims to have the largest food library. You give it your height/age/weight/weight goal and it estimates what your calorie intake should be. You log your food/drinks (it even has a handy barcode scanner on the app versions) and your exercises then pray your net calorie total for the day is under your goal. The cardio exercises subtract calories from your net total but the strength training exercises do not (so I just use the Fitocracy points system to feel good about those =p).

The combination has been working really well for me as I've already lost 2 pounds in 5 days. Keep it up everyone!

dalaamprince on
  • Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Just jumping in because I'm aiming to lose 20-30 pounds by pax.
    I hope that's not too unrealistic, I'm usually more focused on not gaining weight then losing it (because Every time I plan to lose weight I lose myself part way there) I'm hoping if I start participating in this thread I'll be a little more motivated to really try.

I have dance classes for an hour twice a week, and I have PE every other day for school (I'm a senior in high school) and for days I can't get in the mood to do some exercise routines I found on youtube (that were helpful the last time I tried to lose weight) I've been trying to at least play a couple songs on Let's Dance 3. That last part was what I did my last weight loss adventure I fell out of 2 weeks after starting, but it was helpful so I hope to get back into that.

I'm also planning starting tomorrow, to cut down my soda/sugary drink (I'm a bit of a brisk addict) to one can a day and drink water otherwise. I'd cut it out, but I don't think I'd be very happy for long not being able to drink my brisk. I'm also going to start out by simply cutting my portions/not going back for more just because the food is so delicious, which is a big problem of mine. If anything I'm going to try to avoid going out less, unless I can find places with good food.

That's my start up plan, and if I can stick with that, I'll start leaning towards eat better food, but to start with I'm going to just control how much I eat. I already try to incorporate healthy food in my meals, so now I just have to ease into eating less of the unhealthy foods I love.

If I can reach that 20 pound mark I'll be very happy for PAX, if I can reach that 30 pound mark I'll be even happier because that's my target weight. I can probably lose less, but that was the last time I was really happy with my body, so that's my ultimate goal for now.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    I hope that's not too unrealistic, I'm usually more focused on not gaining weight then losing it (because Every time I plan to lose weight I lose myself part way there) I'm hoping if I start participating in this thread I'll be a little more motivated to really try.

I have dance classes for an hour twice a week, and I have PE every other day for school (I'm a senior in high school) and for days I can't get in the mood to do some exercise routines I found on youtube (that were helpful the last time I tried to lose weight) I've been trying to at least play a couple songs on Let's Dance 3. That last part was what I did my last weight loss adventure I fell out of 2 weeks after starting, but it was helpful so I hope to get back into that.

I'm also planning starting tomorrow, to cut down my soda/sugary drink (I'm a bit of a brisk addict) to one can a day and drink water otherwise. I'd cut it out, but I don't think I'd be very happy for long not being able to drink my brisk. I'm also going to start out by simply cutting my portions/not going back for more just because the food is so delicious, which is a big problem of mine. If anything I'm going to try to avoid going out less, unless I can find places with good food.

That's my start up plan, and if I can stick with that, I'll start leaning towards eat better food, but to start with I'm going to just control how much I eat. I already try to incorporate healthy food in my meals, so now I just have to ease into eating less of the unhealthy foods I love.

If I can reach that 20 pound mark I'll be very happy for PAX, if I can reach that 30 pound mark I'll be even happier because that's my target weight. I can probably lose less, but that was the last time I was really happy with my body, so that's my ultimate goal for now.

Well, I hate to be the bad guy, but your goals are unrealistic and unhealthy. :-(

Losing more than 2 pounds a week is not healthy, you're asking your body to lose about 3 pounds (or more) every week for 8 weeks. Losing weight is good but it takes time. You didn't put on your weight in two months, so you shouldn't expect to lose it that quickly either. 10 to 15 pounds is much more realistic and healthy. :-)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Chorazin wrote:

Well, I hate to be the bad guy, but your goals are unrealistic and unhealthy. :-(

Losing more than 2 pounds a week is not healthy, you're asking your body to lose about 3 pounds (or more) every week for 8 weeks. Losing weight is good but it takes time. You didn't put on your weight in two months, so you shouldn't expect to lose it that quickly either. 10 to 15 pounds is much more realistic and healthy. :-)

yeah, that's what I've been told, and I'm fine with it as long as I lose it. like I said that's my ideal weight, but I take what I can get.

30 pounds was my ideal weight, but I already could tell that was unrealistic (unless I went back into my 9th grade routine where I was always so tired I fell asleep almost immediately after school, and I lost a good amount of weight, but I have too much to do now, and know that's not healthy either XD) and 20 pounds isn't that much more than 15, so even if it's not quite 20, CLOSE ENOUGH :D

As long as my costume looks fine, that's all that matters for this time span. and it should with that weight loss, considering how my body proportions well.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    Losing weight extremely fast isn't unhealthy as much as it usually doesn't stick, requires a huge amount of motivation, and careful planning of what you are putting into your body. Moreinfo if you are interested.

To lose the weight that I did I exercise 5-6 times a week with a large variety of routines and eat about 1000-1500 calories a day... which means going to bed comfortably hungry more often than not. Normally, my daily food includes a bowl of cereal, half a protein bar for lunch, and half a packet of Ramen with some fixins thrown in (egg and cabbage). Add a healthy trove of broccoli and celery and voila, relatively "fast" weight loss.

What was interesting is that after 30 lbs I plateaued. My metabolism eventually normalized out and despite cutting more food it didn't do anything. Shocking your system with a good days worth of calories once in awhile worked but the danger is that you could easily go back to eating a lot more food. The best thing about eating so little is that you realize you don't need all that crap. And what measly morsels you do ingest you strive to make them the most delicious things possible.

For most peeps, 2 lbs a week is good. For the crazy types, you are only limited by desire.

• Options
    Chorazin wrote:

yeah, that's what I've been told, and I'm fine with it as long as I lose it. like I said that's my ideal weight, but I take what I can get.

30 pounds was my ideal weight, but I already could tell that was unrealistic (unless I went back into my 9th grade routine where I was always so tired I fell asleep almost immediately after school, and I lost a good amount of weight, but I have too much to do now, and know that's not healthy either XD) and 20 pounds isn't that much more than 15, so even if it's not quite 20, CLOSE ENOUGH :D

As long as my costume looks fine, that's all that matters for this time span. and it should with that weight loss, considering how my body proportions well.

I hope you get super close to your goals! :) Who are you going to dress up as?

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Saturday was not good to me. Went to my friends for a party. My daily limit in WW is 53, I was above 70. Haha. Thank God for weekly allowances. I think I should still be good for this week though. I am going to guess 1.8 lbs lost. We will know on Thursday.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Chorazin wrote:

I'll be Cosplaying Miror B and Silver from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Silver respectively.
    I've been cosplaying Silver for a while, but Miror B is new... and shirtless (Though I'll be wearing a nude tanktop)

TheAsianKnight on
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    Chorazin wrote:

I'll be Cosplaying Miror B and Silver from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Silver respectively.
    I've been cosplaying Silver for a while, but Miror B is new... and shirtless (Though I'll be wearing a nude tanktop)

Ah, I understand the higher goal now! I'd love to cosplay at some point, but I need to lose more weight before I even attempt it. Maybe PAX East 2014! :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Today is 60 days 'til PAX, right?

I don't know if there's interest for the boy vs. girl challenge specifically, but I was thinking we should start checking in every week from now until PAX. Maybe posting a weigh in if people feel comfortable. Or if not, start yourself at 0% and then instead of checking in with weight, check in with what % you've lost or gained since the last week. Then maybe we can do that whole meet-up weigh-in thing at PAX? Also, maybe when we check in we can list goals for the week (be they food related or exercise related) so that people can still keep checking the thread for good ideas as well as the challenge...

Personally, at first I wasn't crazy about checking in with a specific weight in such a public forum, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be great motivation to change the number. I'd want really badly to be posting a smaller number each week, because if I already dislike my number, I sure as hell wouldn't want it to go up. So if anyone wants to join me in weekly posting, here it goes:

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 197 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12 (AT PAX!!!):

Goals for this week: I just got my fitbit tracker yesterday. I know when I used to wear a WW pedometer I would shoot for 10,000 steps a day, but I never quite got there, usually around 8,000. I'm sure my number is much lower now that I'm not going to the gym as much. So for this week, I'm going to shoot for 7,000 steps a day. Also, I'm terrible about making breakfast in the morning, (much more often stopping at biscuitville because it's "quicker" - excuse!) so this week a food related goal is to cut down from breakfast out 4 mornings a week, to only 2. And to try to make a slightly healthier choice than eggs and a biscuit.

BTW, I suggest a PAX Challenge Coin as a possible prize for the winner... ;)

(even though I've lost about 30 pounds on WW already, I am starting with a +/- 0, because it's 0 for the purposes of our 60 days til PAX challenge... figured that was self-explanatory but adding here just in case it wasn't. so you should all probably start with zero too...)

browncoatbeth on

• Options
    Gods, this three month plateu is killing me. I get more frustrated every time I step on the scale. :( If I'm not losing again by the end of the month, I'm going to switch back to Weight Watchers from Low Carb, maybe I need to mix up my eating habits. Le sigh.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin