As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 2/1/12: I am the Shadow. I am the Night. I am the Tiger

2»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh man. I can't believe I impulse-purchased these two books on Friday:

6823981183_fae83e6ede_z.jpg

"Naughty & Nice" which is a big hardcover slipcase book of Bruce Timm doing nothing but straight up cheesecake

and

"Tale of Sand" which is a screenplay written by Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl, made into a comic by Ramon Perez.

I haven't even started on tale of sand, but it looks excellent and it's published by Archaia who can do no wrong: http://www.archaia.com/archaia-titles/jim-hensons-tale-of-sand/

I was walking by the various graphic novels and that slipcase image was staring at me from across the aisle. dat line quality. I bought it in a daze of subservience to the demands of the male gaze.

Having never bought any collections of pin-uppy stuff, I have to admit that after the first hundred or so doe-eyed vixens coyly clutching their breasts I find myself sort of numb and faintly embarrassed. But really, Timm is an artist I put on the shelf right next to Cooke and a few others in the personal hall of fame. I came back to this yesterday and settled down on the couch with a snifter of cognac to savor a few pages at a time and it was much more the correct approach.

Got some floppies as well, mostly x-force 18 which I had missed, wonder woman, supergirl, animal man, and something else I'm forgetting.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    It's so weird seeing Timm's pinup art.

• Options
    Hey wait my copy of Bruce Timm is #616 / 1000!

That means I have the canonical marvel universe copy of it.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    sometimes I wonder what it's like over in the mirror universe where Bruce Timm made Marvel cartoons instead of DC cartoons, and DC has a thriving film franchise

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Over 300 pages of Bruce Timm fanservice images? I'm there.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Bruce Timm really does draw the best fanservice

Guy must have practised a lot

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I really want to buy Tale of Sand.

Archaia really makes some of the best looking hardcovers in the business.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Now I am imagining a world where we got Iron Man[?]: The Animated Series and the 80s Batman ends with Amanda Waller marching into the GCPD.

Edit: Would it be Waller? I don't think there's really a Nick Fury character who gets the Justice League together but I don't think I've ever read a JLA origin story.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The batman equivalent in marvel is Spider-man.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Munch wrote:
    I really want to buy Tale of Sand.

Archaia really makes some of the best looking hardcovers in the business.

I know rite

I trust Archaia to do everything right the way I trust a record label like Profound Lore.

Started reading Tale of Sand last night: strangely surreal and lively layouts.

Er, that was unintentionally alliterative. But yeah, this is great so far.

Also there's a much more affordable Timm cheesecake softcover version as well. Some of the images are just stupidly well-done. The whole thing is a paean to chicks and the expressive power of line and texture.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    I had forgotten about Tale of Sand. I'm going to have to track that down.