As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Webcomic

13»

• chief364chief364 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure there's a better way to structure this joke.
    standoff.png
    ALT TEXT: "I still think the movie will be awesome, even if it's just Bane and Batman bellowing incomprehensibly at each other."

EDIT: I cleaned it up a bit and shortened the dialogue.

chief364 on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Mayb take out the suprefluous action lines int he second and third panel, but otherwise it's a pretty good joke. I actually chuckled. The art needs work, though. I actually like how dark Batman's suit is, but it makes it hard to see what's going on and, of course, structure is important.

Have you been sketching and practising and so on? If you have, you can show us the results. We could help you improve even more.

edited February 2012
    @Spectre-x I have not. Maybe I'll do some when I get time this weekend.

Tali's shirt is supposed to look like the cover of the R.E.M. album Reckoning.

Larper Avoidance Maneuver
    noice.png
    ALT TEXT: There is no escape!

chief364 on
    edited February 2012
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Hey, don't be needy!

But yeah, I liked it! There are some problems with her face (the features are not where they should be) but I'm only a beginner on that subject so I'll leave that to the others.
    What I can point out is that the ultra-saturated blue floor really hurts the eyes. And there is a big problem with the perspective in the first panel:

chief.jpg
    By extending lines connecting the level of their feet and their eyes (I'm assuming they're ROUGHLY the same size) we can check the location of the horizon- which is also the eye-level of the VIEWER. This means that the characters are actually viewed from above, yet they look like they're on the viewer's level!

A simple trick for beginners: if the characters are all on the level of the viewer, their eyes will always stay at the same height on the image.

edited February 2012
    @Mayday thanks for the feedback. I've got to study for a chemistry test right now, but as soon as I get done I'll redo the comic so it makes more sense.

EDIT: I redid the entire komic.

Just so you know, I'm trying really hard to impress all of you. Eventually it's going to happen, because I'm not giving up and can only get better.

Here's others:
    stork.png
    explicit.png

chief364 on
    edited February 2012
    icecream.png

Whelp, this one sucks. I guess I've got to try a new strategy.

chief364 on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    chief364 wrote:

Just so you know, I'm trying really hard to impress all of you. Eventually it's going to happen, because I'm not giving up and can only get better.

Belated, but this is an awesome attitude. :^:

header_image_sm.jpg
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    FYI some of the last couple comics appear too large and are getting cropped off, so I can't read the dialogue at the end.

edited February 2012
    How are the visual aesthetics on these? Do they please the eye, or gouge it out with a melon baller?

funny.png

WHY I LIKE GLENN ON "THE WALKING DEAD"

glenn.png

chief364 on