As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Syndicate: Loards for cheap, Orikae's calling it now - GOTY 2012.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    so the two of us beat it twice on hard.

the depleted uranium shells for the shotgun? rather disappointing.

It's a good fluff bit for "why would a shotgun do more damage without increasing recoil?" but it's just a damage boost.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    with the see-through-walls thing and the hilarity of the melee kills I am disappointed there is no ninja

like there are all these gothy cyberpunk high school kids
    but I want a straight-up black-clothed masked ninja
    he doesn't need cybernetic implants because he can hack your chi

0BnD8l3.gif
    i wish it would transition from slide to melee kill better. like slide in and then it goes into a leg sweep animation and then you kicking them in the neck.

also, even with most the upgrades, uzi is kinda useless.

maybe in later missions there won't be ammo crates everywhere so you will have to switch guns so i will be thinking "thank god i upgraded the uzi!" but as it stands, i would rather have the warcrime revolver.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    All this talk of cyberpunk makes me want a proper Shadowrun game.

Not that arena deathmatch shit that came out a few years ago.

Basically I'm going to wait for someone to mod Orks and Elves into Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    Good luck with that.

Cause i want that too.

Cause that game wasn't very good.

I own it however.

Got it for 20 bucks and the 48 live card still intact.

I also want to play a game of PnP shadowrun, but everyone i almost trick into GMing it gets wise.

Hey!

Who wants to shoot some mooks?

reupping the offer

Or did everyone burn out on it?

I guess this could be the cyberpunk thread, where we examine how how the world is spiralling towards what it warned about but without virtual reality and robo arms.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    reupping the offer

Or did everyone burn out on it?

I guess this could be the cyberpunk thread, where we examine how how the world is spiralling towards what it warned about but without virtual reality and robo arms.

You were saying?

that doesn't look cool though. No one would cut their arm for that.

But hey maybe in 20 years.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's less resistant to electricity than my meat default, seems to have less power, and isn't as good at things.

But a dude genuinely had his (massively damaged) regular arm lopped off for one. Voluntarily.

Welcome to the future. I can see why Gibson stopped writing Sci-Fi.

Well, if i went from writing about a distant possible dystopian future, to writing about tomorrows news, i would stop too.

that would be depressing as shit.

Melding wrote:
    Well, if i went from writing about a distant possible dystopian future, to writing about tomorrows news, i would stop too.

that would be depressing as shit.

That's sorta what he's writing now, actually.

Ever read Pattern Recognition? Similar themes to his older stuff, but it was set in the present. It's interesting.

Avoids things like 3 MEGS of hot RAM for sale, at least.

oh man three megs?

I need to get on that shit!

Melding wrote:
    oh man three megs?

I need to get on that shit!

Yeah. Neuromancer was a great book, and in some ways it was shockingly prescient. Others...

You have read Burning Chrome, right?

no, you suggested it, but i haven't had funds or drive to get it.

edited February 2012
    Melding wrote:
    no, you suggested it, but i haven't had funds or drive to get it.

Right, right.

Well, at least some Gibson short stories are up legitimately online. Worth googling.

If you can't find any Gibson, at least read Stephenson's Jipi and the Paranoid Chip. It's excellent.

chiasaur11 on
    Alright, this will be done. Since no one wants to shoot mooks.

Melding wrote:
    Alright, this will be done. Since no one wants to shoot mooks.

You probably won't regret it!

My favorite of the short ones is New Rose Hotel, I think, but Hinterlands is probably the best, even if it isn't very Cyberpunk.

Novels, you want Neuromancer.

i remember in high school a friend was reading neuromancer.

That man now moderates an internet forum.

I'm not sure i can lead that kind of life.

Melding wrote:
    i remember in high school a friend was reading neuromancer.

That man now moderates an internet forum.

I'm not sure i can lead that kind of life.

It's the Cyberpunk novel. For good and ill. If you're going to discuss the genre you need to read it.

Just hide any trenchcoats before. They'll seem cool for a couple weeks, but the shame from the pictures will haunt you forever.

i used to have an old one back in 2006. it was an old man trench coat and i wore it as such. then it was my homeless guy coat.

So, found any of them to read? Any thoughts?

no, i was busy doing other things.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'd try this demo if I had a tv that wasn't also the family tv but alas.

Also it's corporate not corperate.

Also that was the only reason I came into this thread and I only used the demo as an excuse to post.

Also even though Gibson stopped doing sci-fi I still like his recent stuff, and it definitely amuses me how he went from writing about crazy future tech to writing about Google and augmented reality without really having to change his style much.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Listen, look at my thread history, and look what happened to a table top game thread when someone came in and corrected my spelling.

I'll do it again and i won't even feel bad.

JayKaos wrote:
    I'd try this demo if I had a tv that wasn't also the family tv but alas.

Also it's corporate not corperate.

Also that was the only reason I came into this thread and I only used the demo as an excuse to post.

Also even though Gibson stopped doing sci-fi I still like his recent stuff, and it definitely amuses me how he went from writing about crazy future tech to writing about Google and augmented reality without really having to change his style much.

Agreed. Pattern Recognition is one of the best books about the present I've ever read. Makes crap like Incredibly Close and Loud or whatever look even worse.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I sort of enjoy the things that make lots of cyberpunk feel dated, like the three megs thing.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Sorry I didn't accept your recent invites Melding - I was watching TV with my wife. I'll try to get on some this week and kill some more Cayman Global bastards.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    wife?

Man you are old.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    So, this demo is really cool but also really short.

Mwx884o.jpg
    yeah but it's so you can replay it faster.

and faster.

until in the time it takes to boot up you can beat it.

So, this is out.

And apparently not bad?

Not the best time to come out though, what with everyone here wanting to get Mass effect 3.

But that said, anyone planning to get this?

Cause i am, in a bit, so i have something for off days of me3.

So yeah

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i really, really love pattern recognition.

and i'll buy this if i get paid (not sure how likely that is)

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    This game looks cool and I'd like to support Starbreeze

but ME3 comes out in a few weeks

and I'm not playing the games I already have

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Well, I have a job now, so maybe?

I don't go in for a month or so, maybe if people are still playing I'll check it out.

[IMG][/img]
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Was a PC demo ever released for this thing? I can't find it for the life of me.

nope.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Jeff Gerstmann gave it 5 stars and it looks fairly cool.

And hey, Australia is finally getting an R18+ rating so I may actually get to play this.

...next January at the earliest (if they decide to re-submit it here).

Gatsby was saying they're doing some big show there with Skrillex and stuff.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Who

Syndicate?