As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Fitness Group! [Meetup Friday 4/6 1PM outside the Wyvern Theater]

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 234 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12 (AT PAX!!!):

I'll join in. Already lost 14 pounds in January, but since my goal is 220 by PAX, that means there's still 16 to go.. I think I'm on the right track.

Dgeorge318 wrote:
    Alright, I've joined the fitocracy group here and on reddit. I've been working at getting fit for the last 6 months, I started on July 27th. I was always pretty comfortable with my weight, but inside I always had the goal of never hitting 300lbs. I was at 295lbs when I decided it was time to man up and follow through.

I pulled out the manual treadmill that I've had in my garage for 10 years... and would walk an hour while watching Netflix. I did that 3 days a week. Then I decided that wasn't enough and bought Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for Kinect and did that 3 days a week. Then after I decided that wasn't enough, I joined a gym. For the last 3 months, I've gone to the gym 3 days a week and hit the Kinect 3 days a week. Of course I've also changed my eating habits quite a bit, but as others have said, I don't see that as dieting. It's a lifestyle change.

I'm now down to 235lbs. I don't have an end goal in mind, I'm looking to keep losing until I stop losing, but ultimately I'm really just happy with being healthy. I can now run 1.5+ miles without stopping as well as being able to lift more weight than I ever had.

I haven't posted any pictures to Facebook or the like of my weight loss, I'm doing this for me. But I figure I can at least get a few high fives from here and be ready to rock out with you all at PAX.

Awesome work, btw. Didn't want you to think this was overlooked.. that's great progress.. keep it up.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh love the idea of a weekly post! Here is mine:
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 134 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Goals for this week: Besides my normal gym days I want to see if I can get in 100 crunches at home.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    vttym wrote:
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 234 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

I'll join in. Already lost 14 pounds in January, but since my goal is 220 by PAX, that means there's still 16 to go.. I think I'm on the right track.

Just realized my maths sucked here. Lost 16 so far.. 14 to go... I thought exercise was supposed to make my brain work better? :)

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    awesome, thanks for posting vttym and adidas.angel. let's hope we all reach our goals by PAX! mine is to lose 10 pounds (basically a pound a week). though if I lost 15 I'd be psyched with that too. I just know with me the slower it comes off the better I am at keeping it off.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 233.5 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

I'll get in on this too! Thanks vttym, I wasn't worried about being overlooked :).

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Awesome setup, browncoatbeth! I'll definitely pick up a spare challenge coin for the big winner.

My hat, this ring:

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 247.8 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Long-term, I want to reach a healthy 200. In the next 60 days, I don't think it's crazy to want to lose 15 pounds, more if I can get it

ALSO: There is now a PAX East Group Challenge on Fitocracy! For the people here trying to gain weight, or not aiming for pure weight loss, this is your chance to snag a prize as well! One premium, highly collectible PAX East 2012 Challenge Coin will go to the Fitocrat with the largest accumulated points starting today, and ending Thursday April 5th!

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    ALSO: There is now a PAX East Group Challenge on Fitocracy! For the people here trying to gain weight, or not aiming for pure weight loss, this is your chance to snag a prize as well! One premium, highly collectible PAX East 2012 Challenge Coin will go to the Fitocrat with the largest accumulated points starting today, and ending Thursday April 5th!

Looks like I am going from 3 days a week in the gym to 5. Soooooo competitive. ;-)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    edited February 2012

This is going to be awesome. *internet high fives* all around.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    edited February 2012

Yeahhhh... I've seen the number of points people put up in the Pax East 2012 group.. I won't be able to come close to that. I'll settle for hitting my weight loss goal, and looking sweet for PAX :)

Awesome idea though... (and who am I kidding, of course I'll be joining the challenge ;) )

vttym on
    Small update, the start date for the Fitocracy challenge has been moved to Thursday to get everybody in, since you have to join the challenge before the start date to compete. Also that gives a nice even 8 weeks of competition.

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Well time to work even harder on my gym days and actually do things on my off days. Its going to be real fun to see how everyone in the challenge does!

• TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    I should join in on that idea, which I love. I always hate putting my weight out to the public (Because I get away with looking 40-50 pounds less then I am) But it will definitely help me to stay motivated.

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 210 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Goals for this week: cut down my meal size, cut down soda, cut down snacks. throw in some exercise at least 15 minutes a day. If I must have the need to feel absolutely lazy and not want to do anything do at least 3 songs on Lets Dance 3 to get moving.

and just a little update from the past few days. So far so good. I've been having small breakfasts (compared to my usually non-existent ones), What ever my school gives me for Lunch (mostly salads and sandwiches) a small snack after school (usually a protein or fiber bar) and smaller dinner sizes. And for when I can't resist, I even halved how much ice cream I take from the freezer after dinner. Surprisingly satisfying. I go to bed feeling content and I've probably halved what I usually eat.

It's only been 4 days since I started, but I'm feeling pretty darn good so far. I also want to join a gym at some point, but I'm too awkward to go to a place like that alone, and I don't know anyone who would join me. So that's an in general goal from here to forever.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I should join in on that idea, which I love. I always hate putting my weight out to the public (Because I get away with looking 40-50 pounds less then I am) But it will definitely help me to stay motivated.

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 210 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Goals for this week: cut down my meal size, cut down soda, cut down snacks. throw in some exercise at least 15 minutes a day. If I must have the need to feel absolutely lazy and not want to do anything do at least 3 songs on Lets Dance 3 to get moving.

and just a little update from the past few days. So far so good. I've been having small breakfasts (compared to my usually non-existent ones), What ever my school gives me for Lunch (mostly salads and sandwiches) a small snack after school (usually a protein or fiber bar) and smaller dinner sizes. And for when I can't resist, I even halved how much ice cream I take from the freezer after dinner. Surprisingly satisfying. I go to bed feeling content and I've probably halved what I usually eat.

It's only been 4 days since I started, but I'm feeling pretty darn good so far. I also want to join a gym at some point, but I'm too awkward to go to a place like that alone, and I don't know anyone who would join me. So that's an in general goal from here to forever.

You can get EA Active for dirt cheap from Amazon for all the consoles, if you don't want to work out in a gym it's a really good home program. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • henry.hargrovehenry.hargrove Registered User regular
    Gym was awesome today because I tried to cram as much of my hour-ish running routine into 30 minutes in preparation for whiskey night. There was a moment where I thought my heart was going to 'splode and I don't think the pregnant ladies or over 50 crowd at the Y appreciated by intense grunting. But it's great to visibly pour sweat :)

But it's great to visibly pour sweat :)

Remember.. sweat is your body's fat crying over the loss of their family members. Make them weep!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Hey @Chorazin - Regarding your low-carb diet stalling out: how much fat/salt are you eating? Have you cut out all the sugar-producing fruits and veggies (carrots, beets, tomatoes, peas, cabbage, onions, etc...)? You may already have considered all this, but if you'd like a full list of high-sugar foods, PM me. Just offering in case you're interested.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    vttym wrote:
    But it's great to visibly pour sweat :)

Remember.. sweat is your body's fat crying over the loss of their family members. Make them weep!

hahaha, awesome

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:
    Gods, this three month plateu is killing me. I get more frustrated every time I step on the scale. :( If I'm not losing again by the end of the month, I'm going to switch back to Weight Watchers from Low Carb, maybe I need to mix up my eating habits. Le sigh.

I feel your pain. I've been hovering between 256 and 258 since October. I'm losing inches but I'd like to lose a few pounds too!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 258.6 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 254.0. - 4.6 lbs.
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Just put in a 2.3k workout for the contest. Turns out it starts in two hours. Fuuuuuuuuuu-

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Love the activity from you guys! Hopefully this will keep me motivated so I can rock out at PAX.
    The BF quit/decreased his indulgence treats ... so I guess I'll have to do the same.

Week 1 - 2/07/12: Weight 148 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2 - 2/14/12:
    Week 3 - 2/21/12:
    Week 4 - 2/28/12:
    Week 5 - 3/06/12:
    Week 6 - 3/13/12:
    Week 7 - 3/20/12:
    Week 8 - 3/27/12:
    Week 9 - 4/05/12:

With the challenge going off - this might inspire me to move more.
    Plan - Cardio M, T, Th, Fri, Sat. Wed - powerwalk mile over lunch break when there are no reps, as I'm too drained to gym when I finish work. No more concentrated sweets until PAX :P
    I'll convert my urge to eat cookies into the urge to make cookies for CB!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    Here goes nothing....

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 252 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12:

Hey @Chorazin - Regarding your low-carb diet stalling out: how much fat/salt are you eating? Have you cut out all the sugar-producing fruits and veggies (carrots, beets, tomatoes, peas, cabbage, onions, etc...)? You may already have considered all this, but if you'd like a full list of high-sugar foods, PM me. Just offering in case you're interested.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I've cut all sugar producing veggies and fruits, I pretty much just have lettuce (a head of romaine each workday as a salad) and maybe a cup of strawberrys with homemade sugar free whipped cream on it on the weekends. Salt I'm pretty good on, the most salt a day I get is from the 4 strips of bacon I put on the aforementioned salad, which isn't a ton.

I don't eat super high fat either, the fattiest thing I have a week is either an order of wings or the steaks I usually have for dinner once a week. Every other night it's usually chicken or salad.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited February 2012
    Funny #fitforpax story....

So I decided earlier this week that when I have to go to the restroom, instead of going to the one that's 150 or so feet from my cube, I'd walk up three flights of stairs to the top floor of my building and use that bathroom instead. (Feeling oddly motivated to climb stairs since getting my fitbit...) So I've been doing that for a few days, and it's going well (although drinking all the water recommended means almost 24 flights of stairs a day...) and yesterday I hit a bit of a roadblock. Around noon, I put my healthy choice steamer in the microwave for lunch and suddenly realized I had to pee. So I look at the microwave...3 minutes and 57 seconds remaining. Should I ditch my 'walk three flights to pee' creed just for this one special occurrence? No, I realized. If I ditch it for this excuse then suddenly there'll be other excuses that'll start sounding reasonable (oh, I'm in a hurry) (oh, I need to stop by someone's desk on the way) (blah blah blah). 3 minutes and 42 seconds remaining. I bolt down the hallway, deciding it will be faster to RUN up all three flights of stairs, go to the bathroom, wash my hands, run back down the stairs and down the hallway, just in time to hear the "BEEP BEEP BEEP" of the microwave finishing. Then I look at the package, see that I have to leave it in the microwave for 2 minutes after it finishes ANYWAY, and realize I didn't have to run. FAIL!

However, now it has me motivated to run up the stairs every time! Because it wasn't actually that hard. So hurrah for the little things that will help take the pounds off, am I right?

browncoatbeth on

edited February 2012
    Out of curiosity, for the weight loss do we have a designated weigh-in day?

Also, I've recently busted out the Pokewalker again. My goal, to have a level 100 Pokemon PURELY from exercise.

PayneTrayne on
    I would do the weight contest with you all, but since I'm stuck at a plateau I don't need more reminders how my body doesn't feel like dropping. :(

I have shrunk though, losing a total of 6 inches from arms, legs, stomach and neck over the past 2 months. That helped make me feel a little better!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Week 1 - 2/07/12: Weight 316 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2 - 2/14/12:
    Week 3 - 2/21/12:
    Week 4 - 2/28/12:
    Week 5 - 3/06/12:
    Week 6 - 3/13/12:
    Week 7 - 3/20/12:
    Week 8 - 3/27/12:
    Week 9 - 4/05/12:

Been working on this on and off since last PAX. So far down 34 lbs (9 in the last 3 weeks thanks to seeing a nutritionist). Starting to get serious again and this thread will really help push me to stick to my workout schedule (and actually updating fitocracy).

5I7JEDi.png
    Chorazin wrote:
    I would do the weight contest with you all, but since I'm stuck at a plateau I don't need more reminders how my body doesn't feel like dropping. :(

I have shrunk though, losing a total of 6 inches from arms, legs, stomach and neck over the past 2 months. That helped make me feel a little better!

plateaus definitely suck, but at least you are sticking with it! better to stay the same than go up, I say! so props to you!

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    I'm in!

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 297 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

I actually started out at 309 about 4 weeks ago, so we'll see what I can do by PAX!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Okay, here goes. I just finished a 30 minute cardio workout, so I'm feeling good about myself for a change. As I tried to log in to Fitocracy, I found out that I either never had an account or my account was deleted due to lack of activity. Either way, if anyone has an invite, I'll be more than happy to accept it. :)

Week 1 - 2/07/12: Weight 163 (+/- 0lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2 - 2/14/12:
    Week 3 - 2/21/12:
    Week 4 - 2/28/12:
    Week 5 - 3/06/12:
    Week 6 - 3/13/12:
    Week 7 - 3/20/12:
    Week 8 - 3/27/12:
    Week 9 - 4/05/12:

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So, Weight Watchers and myself are whipping the shit out of fat.

Date - Weight - Loss from Previous Week

Jan 1 - 256 lbs - 0 lbs
    Jan 12 - 252.6 lbs - 3.4 lbs
    Jan 19 - 249.6 lbs - 3 lbs
    Jan 26 - 248.2 lbs - 1.4 lbs
    Feb 2 - 245.8 lbs - 2.4 lbs
    Feb 9 - 243.2 lbs - 2.6 lbs (1st Short-Term Goal)

Feb 9 - 243.2 lbs - 12.8 lbs TOTAL LOSS

New Short-Term Goal = 230.4 lbs

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    LedaXI wrote:
    Okay, here goes. I just finished a 30 minute cardio workout, so I'm feeling good about myself for a change. As I tried to log in to Fitocracy, I found out that I either never had an account or my account was deleted due to lack of activity. Either way, if anyone has an invite, I'll be more than happy to accept it. :)

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll throw you an invite.

Should be plenty off invites on the OP

edited February 2012
    Ugh, broke down last night and ordered pizza with the GF. I had such an intense craving for it, she wasn't feeling good, and neither of us wanted to cook. :(

Back to low carb today and not gonna step on the scale again until next Saturday, maybe a carb binge will kick my body back into losing.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited February 2012
    Double post, sorry

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    While I know most of us are using Fitocracy to track what we're doing in terms of work out, I've been looking for something that allows me to track my workouts on my phone. I found Jefit, it's awesome for tracking everything. And one of the biggest benefit is that you select the muscle group you want to work, and then the exercise. It gives you a full description on how to do the exercise, and an animation on how to do it.

You can create workout routines or follow what other people are doing. I used it last night at the gym and it's very quick and easy to figure out. Free app for android and iOS. Android can pay $4.99 for some additional features and tracking stat information. I'm excited to see my progression through this, just wish I had found it when I started to see full trending.

Easy Find Link:Jefit

Dgeorge318 on
    Dgeorge318 wrote:
    While I know most of us are using Fitocracy to track what we're doing in terms of work out, I've been looking for something that allows me to track my workouts on my phone.

I find the Fitocracy website runs fine on my Windows Phone. No app needed.

I've taken to just using OneNote to track my workouts, and transposing later, so I can more easily see my historical data and notes.

Also, LedaXI - per OP, link is
    http://ftcy.co/vbq5sa
    Code is 4GQQ2

• TinksterTinkster Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I confess I saw the post on Tuesday and totally got scared/got shy/punked out. Okay, I'm in *cringe*

I hit a plateau on my weight loss for a few weeks and got really discouraged. I completely fell off the workout wagon after New Year's (and SWTOR >.<), so this will be good motivation to get my ass in gear. Fortunately I didn't totally fall off on my eating habits, and suddenly I started losing again after hovering for weeks. No idea why, but I'm currently down 12 pounds from where I started, and I certainly want to keep it going!

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 148 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Tinkster on
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Thanks! Heading over there right now! And getting off of the forums so I can pay attention in class... ^^;

• nicholas_wrightnicholas_wright Registered User regular
    I haven't used the Fitocracy mobile site, but the url is here: http://fitocracy.com/m. Gabe and Mike mentioned liking the mobile site in one of the PATV videos, so I assume it's not odious to use.