As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone notification when I get email from a specific address?

DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss.Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a 3GS, with iOS5. Is it possible to get a notification when I get an email from a certain person? I'm logged into gmail on my phone, but I'm not using the stock mail app.

Delzhand on

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Nope. You might be able to if you jailbreak.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I don't know anything about iPhones, but could you set a filter within gmail to forward any emails from that specific address to a secondary email account, and then set your iPhone to give you a notification whenever you get any emails on that secondary account?

• Options
    I don't know anything about iPhones, but could you set a filter within gmail to forward any emails from that specific address to a secondary email account, and then set your iPhone to give you a notification whenever you get any emails on that secondary account?

One would think, except you can't have the iPhone only notify when certain accounts get an email, unless that's the only email. The iPhone's primary marketing strategy is its simplicity, and unfortunately that means far less customizability/functionality for little things like this.

• Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote:

One would think, except you can't have the iPhone only notify when certain accounts get an email, unless that's the only email. The iPhone's primary marketing strategy is its simplicity, and unfortunately that means far less customizability/functionality for little things like this.

Actually, what SmokeStacks suggests is perfectly possible. Simply use an app like Boxcar.

• Options
    naporeon wrote:
    Figgy wrote:

Actually, what SmokeStacks suggests is perfectly possible. Simply use an app like Boxcar.

That would do what he wants perfectly. I was thinking using the iPhone's built-in software. Which won't.

Good call.