As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glossolalia: Everyone's Going Insane (Including Speed Racer)

19495969798100»

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    To sort of explain the notion behind characters in the next game:

You can totally play whatever you like, provided you have the points to buy the Traits you want.

Player Characters (Unbound) remember who they were, but each time they incarnate they are a separate "person" with distinct personality, Traits, and connections. Think of it as reincarnation, or, to nod to the specific reference I was making - Timelord regeneration. Yes, they're all "The Doctor", but each has his own distinct personality.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Dux wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    it doesnt feel very creative to me! i want to be better.

There can be a lot of variety and depth to characters that are so called generically good.

superman is generically good

0BnD8l3.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dux wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

There can be a lot of variety and depth to characters that are so called generically good.

i haven't done it though. i kinda suck at it. so i'm gonna be bad for once, on purpose.

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Might give Kain another shot in PSG.

Liked being a surly dick, also the idea of being a detective type character.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    so i'm gonna be bad for once, on purpose.

w-

winky?

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I could pull off a bad guy.

Not really the calm, collected bastard type though. Probably.

What I'm saying is I'd be able to make a decent early levels midboss who's kind of an asshole.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So I have a lot of good ideas for sanity but none if them are falling out of my brain and ughhhh

Dichotomy wrote:
    Dux wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

Exactly.
    Antimatter wrote:
    Dux wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

i haven't done it though. i kinda suck at it. so i'm gonna be bad for once, on purpose.

Hmmm, I wouldn't say that. No problem with trying a villainous character for a change though.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »

You can totally play whatever you like, provided you have the points to buy the Traits you want.

Player Characters (Unbound) remember who they were, but each time they incarnate they are a separate "person" with distinct personality, Traits, and connections. Think of it as reincarnation, or, to nod to the specific reference I was making - Timelord regeneration. Yes, they're all "The Doctor", but each has his own distinct personality.

so, is this basically a way for us to revisit favourite old characters, from wherever, whom we feel need another go at life?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    Dux wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

i would never compare myself to superman

(dich you should read all star superman)

so, is this basically a way for us to revisit favourite old characters, from wherever, whom we feel need another go at life?

Pretty much.

Obviously, characters outside of Gloss don't gain a "memory" of their previous incarnation (The "timeline" of worlds in DarkRED specifically refers to the games I've run personally), but you can pull concepts from wherever you like, yeah.

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm trying to think back over my favorite characters I have played in various games, and seeing if I can pick out a common thread.

I guess I like to play fonts of positivity?

edit: Which may explain why I've had difficulty writing stuff for my Sanity! character.

Fire Truck on
    De?ad, how crazy is PSG gonna be?

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Kro, did your party members, during that campaign, start referring to your guy as "special" to NPCs, eventually?

Man, that goblin didn't go crazy. That goblin went goblin!

xI8QS1g.jpg?1

Pretty much.

Obviously, characters outside of Gloss don't gain a "memory" of their previous incarnation (The "timeline" of worlds in DarkRED specifically refers to the games I've run personally), but you can pull concepts from wherever you like, yeah.

right. not much for me to pull from, Gloss-wise, given I've only got two guys in currently on games. I'll think on it, and likely make a decision when I can see the character creation stuff.

Should be interesting.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Dux wrote:
    De?ad, how crazy is PSG gonna be?

9-1.png

Pretty much.

right. not much for me to pull from, Gloss-wise, given I've only got two guys in currently on games. I'll think on it, and likely make a decision when I can see the character creation stuff.

Should be interesting.

Yeah. Like I said, feel free to re-use a character concept you haven't gotten full use of before. You just won't have a history associated with him or her.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    finally gonna get to play my royalblue character

This discussion has been closed.