As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] A Dark Red Day

DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Social Entropy++
THREE YEARS RUNNING
GlossLogo.png

Welcome to Glossolalia! Social Entropy's go-to hotspot for play-by-post roleplaying, colored text, and labial digits since 2009. Here at Glossolalia, we care about you, the customer, and we strive to provide you with the highest quality, most compelling material for your PbP needs. Whether you're a fan of gritty pulp, high-flying science fiction, psychedelic fantasy, or giant robots, we believe you'll find something here to enjoy.

Our catalog currently includes five games, from a variety of talents:

Derelicte.png
System: "Speed Says"
Speed Racer's epic tale of pirates sailing the sands of a ruined, dry world has been captivating and humiliating its players for nearly a year now. Set on a dried out Earth long after a mysterious apocalyptic event, it follows the crews of two ships as the search out... something, I'll be honest, I kind of got lost. Its unforgiving nature, and harsh environment provide a crisp, warm experience, with a hint of salt.
Accepting Players: Probably!
Creating a Character:
Come up with a cool idea for some kinda salty sailor. Then, give him or her three [Talents] and three [Flaws]. More importantly though, give the character a neat personality and backstory. The plot of Derelict is heavily driven by the characters, because Speed is too lazy to come up with his own plots it helps to foster a sense of collaborative storytelling. So having your character be interesting is far more important than specifying what they're good or bad at!

Your stat sheet should be formatted like:

[Character Name]
[Talent] [Talent] [Talent]
[Flaw] [Flaw] [Flaw]

Also, if you play Derelict you get to contribute to its worldbuilding! If you have a neat idea about how some part of this hideous Frankenstein of a setting should work, then post it! It will become "canon," presuming it doesn't contradict anything that someone's already come up with and pending Speed's approval.

Resonancee.png
System: Proto-[%]
Stilts' Resonance is a delightful combination of classic science fiction and high-flying martial arts. Set in the far future, it focuses on a group of Resonant Monks as they track down their brothers and sisters after a catastrophic invasion of the Monastery-Planet Callisto. Its mix of science and mysticism give it a light, airy feel, that I, personally, really appreciate.
Accepting Players: Possibly!
Creating a Character:
Every player in Resonance takes on the role of a novice monk of the Temple of the Harmonic Mind. Because you have only started your journey, you haven't fully developed any skills yet. Your stat line should look like this:

[Group] [Character Name] 0
[??? (???)] [???] [???]
[I: Harmonic Mind Gi]

As the game progresses, Traits will be announced that any player can take and add to their statline. These traits are permanent and cannot be gotten rid of once you take them.

[??? (???)]] refers to your character's fighting style. In the parentheses goes the element that your character can manipulate through martial arts. After acquiring an element, I will determine an appropriate name to fill in the other set of ???, giving a label to the way you conduct yourself in battle.

The number next to your name represents your character's current Ki Points. You earn Ki Points from roleplaying like a boss, and can spend them to increase your chances on things.

The third line is your inventory, where important items your character owns are listed. Everyone starts with a Harmonic Mind Gi, which protects you from lethal damage. You can also start with any weapon you like, as long as it's martial-arty.

Wanderere.png
System: Modded Proto-[%]
DJP's anachronistic blend of fantasy, magic, and elemental spirit-power became a quick favorite among his players. To be honest, I've kind of totally lost track of what it's about, but I assure you it's really quite good, and you should try it some time.
Accepting Players: Maybe?

Titane.png
System: TITAN Custom
Dichotomy has recently started his own game, a heady blend of giant robots and giant robots. Its set in a time of giant robots, featuring men and women who pilot giant robots against monsters and other giant robots. Its giant robots, purple text, and giant robots give it a giant robot texture, and a faint cucumber aftertaste.
Accepting Players: No.

Our newest offering, however, and our Featured Game this thread, Premiering right here in the OP, is none other than my very own:
DarkRedB.png
System: [%] BETA Code
Directly following the events of SlateGray, DarkRED is set within The City - the only stable society within the rolling white mists of the Haze, watched over by the mysterious and ancient HEX tower. Players take on the roll of any character they can imagine, banding together into teams to vie for control of the city, go on missions, or explore the ever-shifting reality beyond the city walls. Be a criminal. Be a hero. Be whatever you'd like. In DarkRED the adventure is up to YOU!
Accepting Players: Yes!
Creating a Character: Rules for Character Creation can be found in the Documentation. Character Statline can be found below.
[Name] [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
[Major][Minor][Minor] [Niche]
i:
Map:
The-City-0001.png

So, with out further ado,

LET'S

GET

GLOSSING

DE?AD on

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Look at you, all ready and waiting to make the new thread! :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Yeah, been chomping at the bit.

Thanks for locking the last one, Bogey!

And for your continued tolerance of their existence!

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Aggghhh. Damn. I think I might really wanna revisit Ol' Krosey.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    hey keen I've got a logo now

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so this is bloody insane

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I might create a DarkRED character using only traits listed as examples on the rules page. I'm considering it.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Also, now that this thread has been posted and my curiosity has been sated, I can finally go to sleep. hurray.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    hey keen I've got a logo now

and it looks quite reminiscent of the Voltron logo, at that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I might create a DarkRED character using only traits listed as examples on the rules page. I'm considering it.

Luchador, Velociraptor, Gorgeous, Psychic

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    huh, I shall think upon character stuff, during my weekly thing at my folks place and after.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    [M] [] A: [] [] []
    5 11 10 3 2 1 2 1
    [Technokinetic] [Swordspersonship] [Very Dangerous] [Power Mimic]
    I: Scimitar, Light Armor, Masked Helmet

Androgynous in appearance, selfish in action. Has seen things and done things.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    who gonna quote anti's post and use it to make their own stat line?

me, I am

• Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    who gonna quote anti's post and use it to make their own stat line?

me, I am

I did this.

• Options
    Technokinetic isn't really a Major trait.

• Options
    one question I have, that I do not see answered in the DarkRED rules, is what emotive aspects do the different coloured points actually represent?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    5 11 10 3 2 1 2 1
    [Power Mimic] [Swordspersonship] [Very Dangerous] [Technokinetic]

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    5 11 10 3 2 1 2 1
    [Power Mimic] [Swordspersonship] [Very Dangerous] [Technokinetic]

Super-Powers are always Minor Traits.

5 11 10 3 2 1 2 1
    [Swordsperson (-5)] [Weak Power Mimic (25)] [Very Dangerous (Already Owned/Free)] [Technokinetic (Free)]

Also, you guy's should grab the statline from the OP, as it already has all of the points in the right order.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    one question I have, that I do not see answered in the DarkRED rules, is what emotive aspects do the different coloured points actually represent?

A very good question!

Gold = Skill/Showmanship
    Red = Passion
    Royalblue = Beneficence/Wisdom
    Orange = Pride/Devotion
    Tan = Brute Force
    Forrestgreen = Life
    HotPink = Beauty/Grace
    MediumPurple = Deception/Mysticism
    Black = [NOT FOUND]

DE?AD on
  • Options
    In the statline you have the OP it's 0/0, do you put the points in both sides or would it be something in the vein of 5/0 or 0/5

• Options
    0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0
    [Swordsperson] [Weak Power Mimic] [Very Dangerous] [Technokinetic]

better?

• Options
    Yeah, but now your points don't make sense.

You saw the part where you get 25 DarkRED points and 25 to split, right?
    Huntera wrote:
    In the statline you have the OP it's 0/0, do you put the points in both sides or would it be something in the vein of 5/0 or 0/5

Both sides (current/lifetime)

• Options
    DE?AD wrote:

A very good question!

Forrestgreen = Life

okay, the others are pretty straightforward, but I don't quite get the meaning behind this one. is it like, how healthy you are, how much damage you can soak before it starts slowing you down, or something completely different?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DE?AD wrote:

the note? slate grey people get all points that they ended the game with?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    is there a color I can switch to that doesn't look almost exactly like dark red

I used to be orange but that's hard to read on white

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    also exCUSE ME but we've been going for over a year now

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    DE?AD wrote:

the note? slate grey people get all points that they ended the game with?

on top of the other stuff.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Ok, I am definitely playing darkred, sign me up.

Now

Someone help me think of a character.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Now

Huntera wrote: »

• Options
    [Lorenzo] [] A: [] [] []
    25/25 15/15 25/25 3/3 5/5 0/0 10/10 10/10 0/0 3/3 Auto: On
    [Magician] [Regal] [Cocky] [Cold Reading]
    I: Magician's Attire

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Now

A Ninja Turtle from Echo Bazzar

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure a ninja turtle is going to be persona non grata in darkred

• Options
    edited February 2012
    also:

strongly considering admitting that Sanity! was never a particularly good idea and dropping it

thoughts

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I still like it speed

but then I like to share my musical tastes

• Options
    Huntera wrote:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

I will live anywhere where there are Luchador Velociraptors.

Actually, I might need to rethink that...

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    also:

strongly considering admitting that Sanity! was never a particularly good idea and dropping it

thoughts

I didn't say anything

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    also:

thoughts
    b56l9.jpg

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I picked a character that didn't gel well with the current fantastical setting, he's a little too gritty

I am the worst

• Options
    @Caulk Bite 6

@Shabooty Lookin' good. Did you have 25 Red before? Gonna ask for -10 on the Magician, though, and [Cold Reading] seems a tad redundant?

@Langly Yaaaaay. Also, you could play an anthropomorphic turtle who is an adolescent and also a practitioner of ninjutsu. Just not a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

This discussion has been closed.