As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Football: Summer Transfers

13»

• Options
    #14#14 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Didn't Henry renew his contract last year? 'Till like, 2011 or something? Why only 16 million?

#14 on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's 16 million pounds, so about $31 million. It's not great, but then again, he was injured most of last season, he is turning 30 and probably would be a little slow for the EPL, whereas he'd be great in a more technical league, like La Ligua, or even Seria A. Clearly, Spain's league is more attractive. Because of Dein's exit, and the feeling that Wenger won't be there much longer, I'm worried about the long term situation of the club. If Arsene leaves, then the EPL loses one of its great managers, and there'd be noone left to compete with Ferguson. It'd also leave the task of rebuilding the team to some unknown - maybe Le Guen would pick up the job, I don't know at this point.

PS: Mourinho is a cunt and needs to die in a fire.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Barcelona and Real Madrid just switched places from what they were 7 years ago.

Real Madrid will have to seek out young talent from its ranks as well as from other clubs (they have a decent group for now). The loss of Beckham and Roberto Carlos shouldn't phase them too much with a couple of good buys in those positions. Raul and Ruud are more than enough to manage the front lines.

Barcelona has too many talented players who will probably end up bickering over starting spots with the possibility of strong underrated people leaving (Rafael Marquez and/or Deco).

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Forgive me for necroposting, but things are heating up again.

Anderson's been approved a workpermit, so he'll join United this season along with Nani. And now there's talk that United are close to signing Tevez.

Torres seems destined for Anfield, Henry gone to Barca. It's been a crazy couple weeks.

I think Spurs have made some really good moves, and hopefully they can become a top 4 team this season and beyond. Defoe just may be out the door for sure with Bent coming in.

Any other rumours I've missed? (probably a lot!)

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Both Defoe and Matin Jol have said they are happy with the situation, so I think Defoe will stay. Certainly until the January transfer window.

Mido will go though, I'm sure.

I just don't know what he's planning to do with Bent. You don't sign a 17 million pound striker to warm the bench. But three upfront really doesn't work for us. Berbatov and Bent up front, with Keane dropping to a midfield position?

It'll be interesting to see what formation Jol goes with.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Both Defoe and Matin Jol have said they are happy with the situation, so I think Defoe will stay. Certainly until the January transfer window.

I just don't know what he's planning to do with Bent. You don't sign a 17 million pound striker to warm the bench. But three upfront really doesn't work for us. Berbatov and Bent up front, with Keane dropping to a midfield position?

See, that's what confuses me. You've got Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, and you bring in Bent? Certainly one of the former are on their way out... That'd only be too logical.

Don't get me wrong, I love Spurs, but they've got a bit of a log jam on their hands. Given those 3 (I'll exclude Bent for obvious reasons), who'd you give up?

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    saint2e wrote: »
    Silmaril wrote: »

See, that's what confuses me. You've got Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, and you bring in Bent? Certainly one of the former are on their way out... That'd only be too logical.

Don't get me wrong, I love Spurs, but they've got a bit of a log jam on their hands. Given those 3 (I'll exclude Bent for obvious reasons), who'd you give up?

To be honest, I'd lose Defoe, even though I think he's a brilliant player. Keane and Berbatov just work so well together.

I have a horrible feeling though that this is Jol advance planning for Berbatov leaving to a bigger club. If we don't get champions league by the end of this season, I don't doubt he'll be gone.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm in the same boat. I think Defoe is excellent, but you're absolutely right. Plus, you'd get the most value in return for him as well, based on the rumours involving him.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif