As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] PA Deathwatch detachment collaboration project

TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King NothingRegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in Critical Failures
PENNY ARCADE DEATHWATCH COLLABORATION PROJECT

[Updated 3/12/14] The army is in the care of the Nova Open Charitable Foundation for preparation to be raffled off, with proceeds going to Child's Play.
Honor Roll
Inquisitor
James Laird - Xario Darkfang

Assassin
Brian Dewherst - Vindicare Assassin

Dreadnought
Eric Lee - Venerable Brother Lotius

Paladins
@nealneal - Agrippa Lucilius of the Ultramarines
@Valhalla130 - Drusus Gaul from the Imperial fists
@Dr_keenbean - Värmod of the Space Wolves
@Dayspring - Griffin of the Iron Hands
"AbesolutZERO" - Rook Siegfried of the Blood Ravens
@Eldercat - Cattus The Elder of the Dark Angels
@Sharp101 - Argos of the Salamanders
@ogotai - Ogotai of the Black Templar
@The Paradox pope - Lanzus the Black Shield
Taylor Pahls - Ginarious of the Minotaurs

Terminators
@Custom special - Brutus Tiberius IV of the Ultramarines
@Saluksic - Marte Garrido of the Blood Ravens
@Chrysis - Chrysistophf of the Exorcists
@Ken O - Hieronymus Keeno of the Salamanders
@Koreg - Keurig of the Scythes of the Emperor
@J - Jaysis of the Angels of Absolution
@Altmann - Alius Vir of the Space Wolves

Interceptors
Zach McCarthy - Horatio Caedo of the Raven Guard
@Anon the Felon and "Bonzai" - Reus of the Dark Angels
@Leper - Sonoros of the Star Phantoms
@Denada - Denadus of the White Scars
@Halos Nach Tariff - Halos of the Blood Angels
@Corporate logo - Corpulos the Iconic of the Flesh Tearers
@Mago - Mago Maximus of the Space Sharks
@The Paradox pope - Kamir of the Red Scorpions
@‌Nealneal Aldric of the Black Templar
Jody Fabre - Bodvulf of the Space Wolves

20130528165630e.jpg
20130528165603.jpg
20130528165551.jpg
20130528165523.jpg
20130528210025.jpg
20130528210037.jpg
20130528205116.jpg
20130528205129.jpg

Keep an eye on the OP, I'll be updating and changing information frequently!

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
TraceofToxin on

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Might want to link this in the 40k thread as well. But, hopefully I'll post up a picture of what I'm willing to donate for my guy this afternoon/evening.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Hmm, terminators... This will be fun.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    my name: Valhalla130
    Character Name: Drusus Gaul
    Chapter: Imperial Fists

And I've located a nice looking power axe on the Space Wolf Accessories for the left arm. If that fits your theme and isn't too wolfy, I would love to paint that.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dicks

TraceofToxin on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    m550160a_99080101004_SpaceWolvesAccessoryFrame_445x319.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod150001a

I can't see any obvious SW icons, but it might be on the opposite side.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    me: daveNYC
    Character Name: Singur Nářek (Czech pronounciation on that last name, actually sounds pretty cool)
    Chapter: Lamenters

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    my name: Custom Special
    Character Name: Brutus Tiberius IV
    Chapter: Ultramarines (tyranic wars veteran)

I'll say for the record again that I request a helmet, and I suppose we'll get more into that kind of stuff later...
    Awesome idea ToT, hopefully this all works out to be super amazing (and this is Penny Arcade, so I'm expecting it will).

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Chapter: Blood Ravens
    Character: Marte Garrido. A veteran of Tyranid and Greenskin campaigns, Garrido gained distinction as a member of a Tactical Squad. His detachment fought in coordination with a Xenos faction to halt a nascent Waaaagh! in the vicinity of a populous imperial Sub-Sector. This involvement became mired in suspicion by the Ordo Xenos, and Garrido was compelled to make his service to them by way of removing blemish from his chapter's record.

Would either of the Blood Ravens/Space Wolves be interested in swapping to diversify the units a bit? Got two BR in one unit and two SW in the other, having 1/1 in each would diversify it up a bit. If not, no big deal.

JUST TRYING TO KEEP OUR RAINBOW SPARKLING! (No rainbow marines.)

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    ElderCat wrote:
    Here is my suggestion for the DA, which I have all the bits aside from a halberd:
    This body:
    http://www.thewarstore.com/product26788.html
    DSC05622+copy.jpg

This head (Because it is HILARIOUS):
    http://www.thewarstore.com/product26775.html

I HAVE a deathwatch shoulderpad, but it looks different than the others will:
    http://www.thewarstore.com/product26782.html
    dark_angels_shoulder_pad_4_large.jpg

And then a halberd:
    http://www.thewarstore.com/product62055.html
    What did we agree to on Storm Bolters?

Man this dark angel upgrade frame is just an awesome deal, $16.50 for 5 robed space marines and TONS of options. I was planning on donating some parts from mine, but it's so cheap you might want to just buy one anyway.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod900140a
    m2070130_99120101060_DAChapterUpgrade_873x627.jpg

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Would either of the Blood Ravens/Space Wolves be interested in swapping to diversify the units a bit? Got two BR in one unit and two SW in the other, having 1/1 in each would diversify it up a bit. If not, no big deal.

HORSESHIT!

Rainbow Marines are in the Rogue Trader rule book man, that shit's been there since day 1. You can't deny history.

Also I would be willing to go Blood Raven if Altmann isn't willing.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited February 2012
    @Eldercat - Looks good to me. Only sticking point would be the shoulder pad. Does everyone want the same DW shoulder pads? There's something to be said about the minor uniformity we'll have. I'm not exactly sure, maybe the Sgts would have different ones?

HORSESHIT!

Rainbow Marines are in the Rogue Trader rule book man, that shit's been there since day 1. You can't deny history.

Also I would be willing to go Blood Raven if Altmann isn't willing.

They're also dead thanks to the Tyranids (I think?)

I meant more that one of the Blood Raven painters paints one of the Termies and one of the Space Wolf players paints one of the 'Paladins'.

TraceofToxin on
    edited February 2012
    Alright, here's the initial build of the interceptor psycannon dude. He still needs some cleaning, and the GS needs to cure and be sanded into the right shape (it's not quite flat right now, so I have some to work with).

I'm really pleased, it's got dynamics, custom looking tech, and general bad-ass-itude.

DSCN1535.jpg

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1537.jpg

Oh, he's loose on the base, it's just in there to give him a stable platform.

Anon the Felon on
    Damn that was quick Anon. I can't see most image hosting shit from work, so I'll check it out when I get off in an hour or so.

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That jump pack conversion is pretty slick. Good job.

IWBRLjC.png
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I Can do whatever. As long as my dude is a space wolf because sorry, I have like 30000 space wolf bitz I can use and exactly 0 blood raven bitz.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    Dudes got backpacks like the day is long! Very nice.

If either Altmann or The Good Doctor would like to switch, I'd be happy to. I have a spare heavy flamer terminator arm, as it is.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I don't know if it's possible to find this thing, but I want Lord Kaldor Draigo's helmet so bad!!

m1720137a_99060107064_KaldorDraigo02_873x627.jpg

His model comes with a helmet or open head, so the bit exists...

edit: I guess other GK kits have a similar helmet? Looks that way, except the vanilla ones don't have the I on the forehead. And I will just also say the vanilla GK term helmets look quite wicked their own.

editedit: Anyone ever used or heard of The Bitz Barn? Apparently they have every bit ever, and shipping is on the cheap, I just wonder if they're legit. GK termie sprue:
    GKTerminatorsSprue03.jpg
    Has lots of cool heads, plus plenty of halberds and swords.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    lol @altmann having all the bitz.

I don't care who swaps, I was just commenting that we've got 2 people from the same chapter in both units and we could diversify by swapping them. Or we could have them be best bros by keeping them in their units. What do you guys think?

@Anon That's a really awesome convserion and now I feel terrible for saying this but I had incinerators in the list and typoed them as psycannons but because you're awesome and psycannons are cheaper I'm going to change it to psycannons and spend the extra points on other things because good job.

TL;DR Anon is a beast.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Minor chance I may switch from Sons of Dorn to Black Templars, but eh.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    saluksic wrote:

If either Altmann or The Good Doctor would like to switch, I'd be happy to. I have a spare heavy flamer terminator arm, as it is.

I'll jump to paladin, no problem there. I'm just here to paint whatever shows up at my door.

edited February 2012
    I wish I had known of a group of guys like you guys back when I first started painting and playing. I'm sure I'd be much further along in my hobby progress by now.

The only left handed power axe I can find is on that space wolf accessory frame. I have an idea for a company champion using that axe and the storm shield from the command squad.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    edited February 2012
    saluksic wrote:

I'll jump to paladin, no problem there. I'm just here to paint whatever shows up at my door.

Less do eet. I have a left over terminator from Space hulk, too.

Good luck on getting a power armor dude to hold a heavy bolter as well as a big ass hammer. Seems like a handful.

saluksic on
    saluksic wrote:
    saluksic wrote:

Good luck on getting a power armor dude to hold a heavy bolter as well as a big ass hammer. Seems like a handful.

I'm building that one. I was like, "Man, I wonder what he comes up with." Then I realized he's just painting. D'oh!

Haha, but seriously, I'm excited for the challenges.

You know Trace, I can make another one for you, if you'd rather go with incinerators...I have some heavy flamers and stuff in my bits.

That was mostly just a model to see if you liked the design. Maybe give the other guys who are building some idea's, etc.

saluksic wrote:
    saluksic wrote:

I'm building that one. I was like, "Man, I wonder what he comes up with." Then I realized he's just painting. D'oh!

I think the AssCan under the arm like a terminator is the best bet.

You know Trace, I can make another one for you, if you'd rather go with incinerators...I have some heavy flamers and stuff in my bits.

That was mostly just a model to see if you liked the design. Maybe give the other guys who are building some idea's, etc.

It''s either psycannons and psybolt ammo or incinerators. What does everyone else think?
    saluksic wrote:

I dunno how that'll work for normal dudes without bionic arms. Hmmm.

He's not going to look the same though. One of the huge benefits (talking about models that is) of heavy bolters is the ammo belt, which gives some fancy dynamic elements to the model. But, I'll see what can be done and maybe get you an example.

Idea for one of the heavy bolter psycannon guys... a TECHMARINE! Gasp.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'll take up an Interceptor, this is gonna awesome!

Forum Name: Matev
    Marine Name: Brother Wrax Drake
    Chapter: Mantis Warriors

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Idea for one of the heavy bolter psycannon guys... a TECHMARINE! Gasp.

That's the look I think Dayspring plans on going for.
    He's not going to look the same though. One of the huge benefits (talking about models that is) of heavy bolters is the ammo belt, which gives some fancy dynamic elements to the model. But, I'll see what can be done and maybe get you an example.

I agree. I think with an underslung heavy bolter you need to make sure it's still got the feed belt in place. It's such a huge gun it's hard to find a way to have it carried outside of the traditional that it doesn't look ridiculous

• MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    Thinking about this some more I will look at building my marine during the weekend, sans the Deathwatch shoulder pad, and show you what I have in mind.

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hmm. I didn't name my Blood Raven.

Brother Rook Siegfried.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    Also somebody should probably be a librarian, you know, cus psychic powers.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Alright, here's the initial build of the interceptor psycannon dude. He still needs some cleaning, and the GS needs to cure and be sanded into the right shape (it's not quite flat right now, so I have some to work with).

I'm really pleased, it's got dynamics, custom looking tech, and general bad-ass-itude.

Oh, he's loose on the base, it's just in there to give him a stable platform.

He should have chainsword feet because I'm really tired and think it is a good idea

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Name- Nealneal
    Marine- Brother Apothecary Agrippa Lucilius
    Chapter- In thinking about the dude, I think I'd like to switch him up to be an Ultramarine. Insuring the purity of geneseed throughout the Imperium.

I will do a mock up of what I'm thinking about for him, and let you kids decide what you think. I really love the Power Maul from the Dark angels sprue for the Warding Stave, but I also think the Warding Stave bit for the Terminators can be easily cut down to size for a PA guy. I should have something together next week sometime.

Nealneal on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    My wife is heading out of town, so I'm going to be warhamming it up soon. I might start putting my Hammer Terminator together.

Are the hammer terms Hammer and Shield or just Hammer?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    edited February 2012
    saluksic wrote:
    saluksic wrote:
    saluksic wrote:

Sit the damn HB on the ground as if to say 'Ground, hold my fucking stupidly massive gun while I smash some god damn xenos faces'.

Or holding the HB by the top handle off to the side and brandishing a hammer.

Or hammer slung across the back somehow?

And then you have to fit Space Wolf decorations all over him. I'm so glad I don't have to build this thing. :P

Dr_Keenbean on
    Gonna switch to a Black Templar because I found out that the white dwarf that mentions the Sons of Dorn is talking about a chapter some dude made up. :(

Either that or a Minotaur, OoOooOOo.