As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Duty] Old Thread Is Old Use New Thread

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Sorry custom but we were full and then it was late!
    Domhnall wrote:
    hottoq wrote:
    Just started playing Black Ops. Are any of the map packs worthwhile? Or should I just stick with the vanilla maps?

The first two aren't worth it. I haven't played the second two.

Annihilation is good, but IIRC Minty's right: the first two map packs aren't worth your money. The fourth is just a zombie pack.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    yeah i recently unlocked range for the USAS and it makes it much much better. OHKs from pretty damn far away. but then you'll still have times where you'll get 3 close range hitsmarkers. kinda ruins it...
    joemomma wrote:
    The USAS is boss with damage and ext mags triple kills become the norm

It is barely adequate for so long though, like all shotguns.

• mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    PSN premium elite overlords (or whateverthehellthey'recalled) seem pretty unhappy about content not dropping until a month after xbox. Since my headset is broken and the last update borked the game's option to turn the voice volume down, I've just been listening to chat more often and I've been overhearing complaints about how it was originally stated that PS3 Premium Elite subscribers would get all DLC at the same time as xbox.

Stupid move, Beachhead (or whoever is calling the shots). Stupid move.

mFiend on
    PS4: mFiend
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    [ZFD]

EDIT: I'm sure I made people quit with my Asshole-ish ways tonight...

But I'm sick of apologizing.

BE BETTER.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    [ZFD]

I just wanted to play Gotham City Imposters. Also I was better than you most of the time.

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    mFiend wrote:
    PSN premium elite overlords (or whateverthehellthey'recalled) seem pretty unhappy about content not dropping until a month after xbox. Since my headset is broken and the last update borked the game's option to turn the voice volume down, I've just been listening to chat more often and I've been overhearing complaints about how it was originally stated that PS3 Premium Elite subscribers would get all DLC at the same time as xbox.

Stupid move, Beachhead (or whoever is calling the shots). Stupid move.

yeah ive been raging pretty hard about that. and honestly, if I could switch my premium subscription from PS3 to xbox i would, since i figure i'll play more on 360.

also, [ZFD]

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    [ZFD]

BE BETTER.

You give yourself far too much credit Mercy. How can I we offended by a talking stream of drunken conscious thoughts? Actual quotes below, edited for example:

"OMG these guys are so terrible we can stay in this room also I need a try hard class set-up Reaper or AC-130 also you guys need to play better can't continue to carry the team and why haven't we picked up Varcosis oh we do have him so why aren't we in game yet FUCK vote Hardhat who hasn't voted Hardhat these guys have a over a 2.0 k/d back us out Dover put us in a game that isn't Team Defender also you remember those games where we all play with the same weapon we should do that sometime God Dammit Dover I said not Team Defender...........why isn't anyone talking am I muted?"

I can only envision Mercy moving quickly between load out screens, lobby scores, and challenges. Each screen fires off a new synapses in his brain that must relay the information immediately to everyone in the lobby. :D

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Musicool wrote:
    Sorry custom but we were full and then it was late!
    Domhnall wrote:
    hottoq wrote:
    Just started playing Black Ops. Are any of the map packs worthwhile? Or should I just stick with the vanilla maps?

The first two aren't worth it. I haven't played the second two.

Annihilation is good, but IIRC Minty's right: the first two map packs aren't worth your money. The fourth is just a zombie pack.

If you do happen to like zombies though, I believe the third map pack has the zombie map where you play as Robert Englund, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Danny Trejo and... somebody else, the douche bag racist from The Walking Dead in the arctic circle fighting against George Romero.

Wat?

I dont even like zombies mode all that much, and I regret never picking that one up...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    MNC Dover wrote:
    [ZFD]

BE BETTER.

You give yourself far too much credit Mercy. How can I we offended by a talking stream of drunken conscious thoughts? Actual quotes below, edited for example:

"OMG these guys are so terrible we can stay in this room also I need a try hard class set-up Reaper or AC-130 also you guys need to play better can't continue to carry the team and why haven't we picked up Varcosis oh we do have him so why aren't we in game yet FUCK vote Hardhat who hasn't voted Hardhat these guys have a over a 2.0 k/d back us out Dover put us in a game that isn't Team Defender also you remember those games where we all play with the same weapon we should do that sometime God Dammit Dover I said not Team Defender...........why isn't anyone talking am I muted?"

I can only envision Mercy moving quickly between load out screens, lobby scores, and challenges. Each screen fires off a new synapses in his brain that must relay the information immediately to everyone in the lobby. :D

And then he got really mean to me and stole my teddy bear and I had to unfriend him!

There was no hint of sarcasm or teasing laughs from his barrage during the Hardcore game last night. It just got kind of awkward and vicious. I'm not sure what I think of mad, drunk Mercy.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Firing Range 24/7, go, go, go!

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    belligerent on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    [ZFD]

BE BETTER.

Way to be classy.

joshgotro on
    Classy?

Us?

• joemommajoemomma Registered User regular
    yeah i recently unlocked range for the USAS and it makes it much much better. OHKs from pretty damn far away. but then you'll still have times where you'll get 3 close range hitsmarkers. kinda ruins it...
    joemomma wrote:

You are doing it all wrong then young jedi pick your battles wisely learn its range and fight within that area, the gun gets a ton of one hit kills without any proficiency just gotta deal with the 6 shot mag and dying after killing 2 enemies in a group cause you can't reload fast enough (I run ext condition on my shotty classes)

PSN - Soyhead
    joemomma wrote:
    joemomma wrote:

You are doing it all wrong then young jedi pick your battles wisely learn its range and fight within that area, the gun gets a ton of one hit kills without any proficiency just gotta deal with the 6 shot mag and dying after killing 2 enemies in a group cause you can't reload fast enough (I run ext condition on my shotty classes)

i know butt
    dropzone is all go go go go bro

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Never get sick of apologising Mercy. You'll either quit drinking or you'll have to apologise every few days. There is no other way.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    Drop Zone is back, huh? I'm going to the liquor store for some Kahlua and root beer. I hear it's delicious, and I enjoy getting drunk via tasty drinks, especially while playing DZ.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    yeah, dropzone is back
    it was gone for a week or so, and i was thinking of taking a break

but it is back and it is my favorite game

i am thinking of making a dropzone class
    USAS
    MP9
    flash bangs or maybe that trophy thing because
    C4!

I am less sure about the perks
    maybe Extreme conditioning
    maybe Blast shield
    no idea Dead Silence

what do some of you 1337 guys think?

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Tac Inserts.

I think the trophy system will keep us alive in the dropzone, because people like me chuck c4 and nades into it constantly

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I like the part where Mercy gets mad at people for doing badly when he's in the middle of their spawn causing the other team to spawn behind people and getting them killed thus causing them to do worse.

I like the part where Mercy gets mad at people for being in the middle of their spawn causing the other team to spawn behind him and causing him to do worse.

I like the part where Mercy gets mad about the connection when he has 4 bars everyone else except one person has 3 bars.

I like the part where Mercy says to get better and he still has a lower KDR then the people he's telling to get better.

So basically I liked that one part

iRevert on
    edited February 2012
    My DZ class is Recon, Blast Shield, and Sit Rep with flashes and C4. I carry whatever primary I'm trying to level and a Stinger/SMAW. The most important thing to remember: if you're not in the zone, do whatever you can to keep enemies from getting there.
    Did they do something to Strafe Runs? Twice last night I had a lock and fired, only to see my Stinger start doing crazy loops and I'm pretty sure it eventually killed me.

sPider817 on
    The MP9 is soooo good

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote:
    I like the part where Mercy gets mad about the connection when he has 4 bars everyone else except one person has 3 bars.

now to be fair, we all know that there are times where it says the connection is 4 bars when it really means the connection is 4 bars of shit. Going with the theme this week of having seen the greatest Call of Duty game ever made, I'd like to call those 4 bars imposters.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Spawn trap 24/7 Firing Range 24/7 is in full swing!

100+ kills 3 games in a row. Holla back.

• SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Should I use the KSG over the USAS?

Ya or Nay?

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    If you like pump action, I guess yes? Otherwise, the usas is better in almost any respect.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote:

now to be fair, we all know that there are times where it says the connection is 4 bars when it really means the connection is 4 bars of shit. Going with the theme this week of having seen the greatest Call of Duty game ever made, I'd like to call those 4 bars imposters.

CoD4?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    If you like pump action, I guess yes? Otherwise, the usas is better in almost any respect.

I do like pump action, but I didn't realize the USAS was consider better in ever aspect. I just thought the only thing good about it was the fact that it was automatic.

Thanks for the info!

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    Classy?

Us?

Crazy idea right?

edited February 2012
    Hey gotro.
    b79f1430.jpg
    Not pictured are my two Buzzbee shell ejecting shotguns (Striker and a lever action), Vulcan, and my Maverick revolvers.

sPider817 on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Thank goodness drop zone is back.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    sPider817 wrote:
    Hey gotro.
    b79f1430.jpg

By the power of Greyskull!

joshgotro wrote:
    sPider817 wrote:
    Hey gotro.
    b79f1430.jpg

By the power of Greyskull!
    I want to hug you for your response.

iRevert wrote:
    I like the part where Mercy gets mad at people for doing badly when he's in the middle of their spawn causing the other team to spawn behind people and getting them killed thus causing them to do worse.

I like the part where Mercy gets mad at people for being in the middle of their spawn causing the other team to spawn behind him and causing him to do worse.

I like the part where Mercy says to get better and he still has a lower KDR then the people he's telling to get better.

So basically I liked that one part

:^:

basically after every damn game he said he was tired of carrying the team. even when he wasnt top score, even when he went negative, even when i cried and asked him to stop cuz he was hurting my feelings. he's a bully.

wait....
    Sivraj wrote:

I do like pump action, but I didn't realize the USAS was consider better in ever aspect. I just thought the only thing good about it was the fact that it was automatic.

Thanks for the info!
    the USAS has such a slow rate of fire it feels like a pump action some times, but i am having a lot of fun with it

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Ending a KC match with a two bodies/one shot silenced USAS killcam? GLORIOUS.

I wish it sounded as badass as the KSG, though. The fact that the KSG sounds mean is why I like hauling it into battle.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    soooo, new thread?

wait....
    Sivraj wrote:

Thanks for the info!
    the USAS has such a slow rate of fire it feels like a pump action some times, but i am having a lot of fun with it

It still fires faster than the ksg, and has about the same 1-hit kill range.

This discussion has been closed.