As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What music do you like that I might like I would like to listen to it

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Flay wrote:
    For me dubstep is at its best when it starts going in to chillout territory

fuck yeah i love chillstep

<3 you guys so much, chillstep and lighter, slower, more melodic dubstep songs are great.

This is always cool to put on, slower dubstep with a nice melody put with the Rainy Mood sound effect. Works perfectly, I love to just sit and listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2OGZXAQuQ8

Solar on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Is anyone here interested in talking about or maybe getting into Electronic Dance music?

Because if so I like that music!

If not then that's cool

I make mixes, DJs hate what I do because I use software and I do not have two channel sound... whoops.

http://soundcloud.com/clintown

Beatport drinks my wallet

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    you guys should probably listen to pantystep if you like chill dubstep

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    also the pantystep blog is nsfw

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    My one opinion re: dubstep or w/e is that all of the different genre names are staggeringly retarded

Buttlord wrote:
    My one opinion re: dubstep or w/e is that all of the different genre names are staggeringly retarded

Yeah they are

The latest one I heard was Dubstyle

Which was a mix of Dubstep and Hardstyle

Lemme see if I can find it

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    American dubstep is obnoxious, and there is no aspect of art or creativity to the music, hence the reason why certain artists like Skrillex are only popular in the U.S, the frat boy fist pumping party tools bastardize dubstep by praising it.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    minaj is an adorable fruit salad and i will not have you slander her generic pop name any longer

Here it is

I personally liked it but hey I used to buy all the Clubland Xtreme Hardcore CDs they used to release so what do I know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq77BB58m18

dbrock270 wrote:
    American dubstep is obnoxious, and there is no aspect of art or creativity to the music, hence the reason why certain artists like Skrillex are only popular in the U.S, the frat boy fist pumping party tools bastardize dubstep by praising it.

Ah yes

"brostep"

dbrock270 wrote:

no one cares

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Is anyone here interested in talking about or maybe getting into Electronic Dance music?

If not then that's cool

I make mixes, DJs hate what I do because I use software and I do not have two channel sound... whoops.

I've only listened to the first 3 minutes and I absolutely love it! Fantastic job!

dubstep elitisisisisisisism

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    takin' dubstep pretty seriously

lfYVHTd.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    dbrock270 wrote:

no one cares

I care

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    Solar wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

Yeah they are

My problem is that like

They don't mean anything to someone who doesn't actually listen to it

Pretty much any other genre you can name will create an image, whether it's accurate or not, in someone's mind

If I say dubstep or hardstyle or happy hardcore (the only other one I know and that's only because Buttlady tried explaining it to me once) it all conjures the same image: bleep bloop computer musics

Just kidding, no I don't. I listen to shitty music, who the fuck am I to care what anyone else listens to?

JtgVX0H.png
    dbrock270 wrote:

no one cares

obviously you care.

To be honest Skrillex is not bad

Like he is not that good but there is a lot of far worse Dubstep out there that has nothing to do with the bastardization of it by the US or whatever. We are talking about proper, full on, home grown shit. No melody or anything, just sampled noises played repeatedly.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh also absolutely everyone should listen to the zutons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xpmfJp0Xc

amy winehouse covered their song btw not the other way around

lfYVHTd.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Zutons are v. boring.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    i only care about the babe

lfYVHTd.png
    Darmak wrote:
    Just kidding, no I don't. I listen to shitty music, who the fuck am I to care what anyone else listens to?

This

If you enjoy it, fuck the haters

If you don't enjoy it, shut up and let the people who do enjoy it

Don't be ashamed to like anything

Staleghoti wrote:
    Solar wrote:

If not then that's cool

I've only listened to the first 3 minutes and I absolutely love it! Fantastic job!

Thanks very much! :3

Darmak wrote:

This

Unless it's Nickelback

It's ok to shame people over that

fuck me i'm twee doot doo doot doo

lfYVHTd.png
    Darmak wrote:

This

Pretty much. I like what I like and I tend not to talk about it here because it's annoying as fuck to have everyone jump in and say, "your opinions are wrong and you're terrible and you should only like what I like"

JtgVX0H.png
    HAAAAY HAAAAYY

I WANNA BE A ROCK STARRR

Solar wrote:
    Like he is not that good but there is a lot of far worse Dubstep out there that has nothing to do with the bastardization of it by the US or whatever. We are talking about proper, full on, home grown shit. No melody or anything, just sampled noises played repeatedly.

Well yeah, to be fair, he does make some good EDM/IDM inspired parts in his songs.

It's just the repetitive WUBWUBWUBWUB formula and how everyone tries to copy it that gets to me.

Buttlord wrote:
    Darmak wrote:

This

Unless it's Nickelback

Animals is a good song

lfYVHTd.png
    The only things I don't like about Skrillex is he's apparently an ass

And he has the most ridiculous haircut

Buttlord wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

Yeah they are

My problem is that like

Pretty much any other genre you can name will create an image, whether it's accurate or not, in someone's mind

If I say dubstep or hardstyle or happy hardcore (the only other one I know and that's only because Buttlady tried explaining it to me once) it all conjures the same image: bleep bloop computer musics

I see what you are saying man. There are some pretty big differences between some genre, like Trance and Drum and Bass, say, or Hardstyle and Liquid Dance, but a lot of the distinctions are pretty meaningless, euphoric trance is basically trance but a bit more airy-fairy, for example. It doesn't really need it's own name, but fans like to group stuff naturally so they make them. It's understandable, but it does turn people off to the genre.

Though you could definitely say the same about Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal etc.

Also hi5 Buttlady for me for listening to Happy Hardcore

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    can I shame people over the Black Eyed Peas

I'M THROUGH WITH STANDING IN LINE OF CLUBS I'LL NEVER GET IN

IT'S LIKE THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH AND I'M NEVER GONNA WIN

THIS LIFE HASN'T TURNED OUT EXACTLY WHAT I WANT IT TO BE

Buttlord wrote:
    Darmak wrote:

This

Unless it's Nickelback

Animals is a good song

I have not heard it but judging by the fact that it's apparently a Nickleback song?

Nah

Buttlord

have you heard of

Heavy Metal?

Buttlord wrote:

I have not heard it but judging by the fact that it's apparently a Nickleback song?

Nah

it's about having rough sex like an animal.

Solar wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

Yeah they are

My problem is that like

I see what you are saying man. There are some pretty big differences between some genre, like Trance and Drum and Bass, say, or Hardstyle and Liquid Dance, but a lot of the distinctions are pretty meaningless, euphoric trance is basically trance but a bit more airy-fairy, for example. It doesn't really need it's own name, but fans like to group stuff naturally so they make them. It's understandable, but it does turn people off to the genre.

Though you could definitely say the same about Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal etc.

Also hi5 Buttlady for me for listening to Happy Hardcore

The problem is exacerbated in beep boops though because of the over-abundance of genre names

Like for real holy shit, what the hell

YEAH THSI IS LIKE SOME POST-WITCHHOUSE JAZZSTEP SHIT MAN

That's probably a real genre and I don't even know it

Staleghoti wrote:
    Buttlord

have you heard of

Heavy Metal?

I

Is this a trick question?

This discussion has been closed.