As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What music do you like that I might like I would like to listen to it

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @Staleghoti look

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/10/rick-santorum-declares-war-on-heavy-metal/

A Presidential candidate just now found out about Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden

Sweeney Tom on
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @Staleghoti look

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/10/rick-santorum-declares-war-on-heavy-metal/

A Presidential candidate just now found out about Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden

You do know we realized that was fake a few pages back?

dbrock270 on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    this is a fucking stupid thread for a third of you to be snotty elitists, a third of you to do nothing but spam youtube videos, and a third to figuratively fist each other in the ass

that's like, the whole boards though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Jazzstep is real

Dunno about post-witchhouse but man I wish it was

Maybe Witchhouse is like Nightwish type stuff except with dance beats

And then with post witchhouse they get rid of the vocals? Maybe?

I like post-crustpunk.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    There are lots of Heavy Metals

They all sound the same

So it's cool to just call it Heavy Metal and not get your boxers in a knot about it.

There's lots of Electronic Dance Music

Or... EDM if you will...

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited February 2012
    So post-witchhouse jazzstep would be liked Miles Davis crossed with Nightwish through the medium of dance beats with all the vocals stripped out.

Now I want to hear that just due to curiosity

Solar on
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Here's a rad song that is off of one of the best albums of the year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syg6XGbdUkM&ob=av2e

Fucked Up rules, I'm trying to time my next visit to see Buttlady so that I can catch them in Toronto

(This song is actually my ringtone for her)
    Staleghoti wrote:
    There are lots of Heavy Metals

They all sound the same

So it's cool to just call it Heavy Metal and not get your boxers in a knot about it.

There's lots of Electronic Dance Music

Or... EDM if you will...

The whooshing you hear is the thing I was actually saying

My boxers ain't in a knot

I just think some of the genre names are really silly and do nothing to distinguish themselves unless you're intimately familiar with this shit

Which, again, wouldn't be a problem if there weren't so goddamn many of them
    dbrock270 wrote:
    I like post-crustpunk.

The new Star Fucking Hipsters is pretty goddamn sweet I don't care what anyone thinks

Going from the relative heaviness of their other two albums to almost upbeat ska punk is just goddamn rad

Buttlord on
    Having categories for people who wanna nerd out about things isn't a problem

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    Some people like crabcore

I'm not gonna hate those people for it

I don't even hate felons or criminals, why in the hell would I hate people who listen to or play a certain type of music

edited February 2012
    Staleghoti wrote:
    Having categories for people who wanna nerd out about things isn't a problem

Problem was the wrong word

Uh

"Thing I personally don't like but don't really give a shit about" works better but that's a long thing to say

Anyway you know what'd be cool is if the DVD of the last LCD Soundsystem show came out

Buttlord on
    edited February 2012
    I don't even hate felons or criminals, why in the hell would I hate people who listen to or play a certain type of music

I don't think anyone here actually hates an artist outside of not liking their music.

Like, I don't go to bed at night thinking about how much i hate a certain artist.

dbrock270 on
    edited February 2012
    I hate the Nazi skinheads that co-opted oi as a recruiting tool does that count

Well

Take skineheads out of that sentence the skinhead thing actually was part of co-opting oi and the working class image that went with it

Buttlord on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:

I don't think anyone here actually hates an artist outside of not liking their music.

Like, I don't go to bed at night thinking about how much i hate a certain artist.

fuck picasso

lfYVHTd.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:

fuck picasso

Fucking wanker is what he is

JtgVX0H.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I don't like "supergroups"

What about Me First & the Gimme Gimmes?

Keith wrote:
    I don't like "supergroups"

What about Me First & the Gimme Gimmes?

Nobody doesn't like the Gimmes

Except assholes

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Also, Marilyn Manson has another album coming out in May. I wonder if it will be any good or suck like his last two?

JtgVX0H.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:

fuck picasso

Fucking wanker is what he is

more like dickcasa

lfYVHTd.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fucking music genres...ridiculous.

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Is anyone here interested in talking about or maybe getting into Electronic Dance music?

Because if so I like that music!

If not then that's cool

Yo. This girl right here.

Did you see the Capsule videos I posted earlier in the thread. You might want to give them a look if you like Electronic Dance.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Is anyone here interested in talking about or maybe getting into Electronic Dance music?

Because if so I like that music!

If not then that's cool

Yo. This girl right here.

Did you see the Capsule videos I posted earlier in the thread. You might want to give them a look if you like Electronic Dance.

I did not, but I went back and found them and they are pretty great! Listening to Starry Sky right now, it's a damn good record.

I am not usually a fan of J-pop and so on but Capsule seems to be a lot more electronic-y and that is great. Thanks Muse!

I am the biggest J-Pop/K-Pop guy at the moment

Listening to 2NE1 right now

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Fucking music genres...ridiculous.

Post-grunge pre-indie post-post-punk

edited February 2012

i had the biggest crush on Jonghyun from SHINee for a long time

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png

i had the biggest crush on Jonghyun from SHINee for a long time

I understand completely

I have been in love with them since I discovered them a few weeks ago

edited February 2012
    Also, if anyone likes video game beep boop music and shit, check out the Game Music Bundle. Pay what you want and you'll get 5 game soundtracks but if you pay at least $10 you'll also get at least 10 more soundtracks (2 more have yet to be unlocked so that would be 17 soundtracks in total). I haven't had a chance to listen to all of them yet but so far there's some good stuff in here like the Jamestown OST and Aquaria OST.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    This is still the best version of My Heart Will Go On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Z1KOkuuQQ

Good Drum and Bass here for anyone that wants it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u2lRDv8IhU

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    i want to say that i really like kpop too but what i mostly listen to is k-folk and soft k-indie that even most k-pop people havent heard of siiiigh

a lot of people have heard of clazziquai project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSpaTBsGlXw

they have a jazzy electro-pop feel, especially in their latest albums. but my favorite is their first album 'instant pig' (WHICH IS SUCH A CUTE NAME) and its got more of a very sweet lovesong style than any other album

then there's humming urban stereo

which is basically all electropop sweetcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKwP2rVhyCo

there's also the closely related instant romantic floor, which has korean rap in it if youre interested in how that sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gte4FIOeTkA

then my favorite band across any genre or country, casker, which i love so much ill post THREE different songs of theirs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy5ivsIlo8A

this one is coffee shop-ish and very sad and mellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jRDawdTss4

this one's way more high-paced and electronic, a bit more on the generic k-pop side but not enough to be cheezy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGEf9-kJAec

i post this a lot when talking about casker because its so beautiful and you dont have to understand korean to appreciate it at all

mensch-o-matic on
    edited February 2012
    This is some pretty good shiii-

http://manwithoutcountry.com/2011/08/listen-to-king-complex-ep-on-soundcloud/

There's a great remix of M83 on that site too

Staleghoti on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    does anyone have any songs

about cactus

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Give me house music. Give me all the house.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like

Music

I'm still listening to All Day quite a bit

Also I got a Pandora subscription

So that's cool

This discussion has been closed.