As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Fitness Group! [Meetup Friday 4/6 1PM outside the Wyvern Theater]

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    I actually use the fitocracy mobile site at the gym it works really well if you schedule a workout prior to doing it. It is a bit of a pain if you are adding activities as you work out though (but that could partly be my gyms wifi).

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:
    Ugh, broke down last night and ordered pizza with the GF. I had such an intense craving for it, she wasn't feeling good, and neither of us wanted to cook. :(

Back to low carb today and not gonna step on the scale again until next Saturday, maybe a carb binge will kick my body back into losing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pizza. Just don't have 7 slices. Two slices won't kill you. I have had pizza whenever I wanted this year and have lost weight every week.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:
    Ugh, broke down last night and ordered pizza with the GF. I had such an intense craving for it, she wasn't feeling good, and neither of us wanted to cook. :(

Back to low carb today and not gonna step on the scale again until next Saturday, maybe a carb binge will kick my body back into losing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pizza. Just don't have 7 slices. Two slices won't kill you. I have had pizza whenever I wanted this year and have lost weight every week.

Have to agree with this - I still have a pizza night every Thursday with my wife and kid, and with 3-4 slices on those nights, I've still dropped 20lbs in 6 weeks... I just had the room for it in my calorie counting :)

redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

Have to agree with this - I still have a pizza night every Thursday with my wife and kid, and with 3-4 slices on those nights, I've still dropped 20lbs in 6 weeks... I just had the room for it in my calorie counting :)

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    vttym wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

However, I'm not calorie counting, I'm doing low carb. Pizza is carbtastic!

I got thin crust, so the carb load wasn't too high. I still felt super nasty this morning, like I always do after too many carbs.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Chorazin wrote:
    vttym wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

I got thin crust, so the carb load wasn't too high. I still felt super nasty this morning, like I always do after too many carbs.

Yea, I figured you hated them because you are on a different diet.

I can't praise Weight Watchers enough though. I eat almost whatever I want, but just stick to the point values. I don't think I would do as well without their iOS app. I could be down almost 35lbs by the time PAX East hits. I find that incredibly insane and unbelievable. How I didn't start WW earlier is beyond me.

bYf6vNQ.png
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:
    vttym wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

I can't praise Weight Watchers enough though. I eat almost whatever I want, but just stick to the point values. I don't think I would do as well without their iOS app. I could be down almost 35lbs by the time PAX East hits. I find that incredibly insane and unbelievable. How I didn't start WW earlier is beyond me.

Thanks, but I did WW for 5 months before I switched to low carb, I needed a change and my GF also wanted to do Low Carb. I'm down 50lbs since May. :)

I've considered switching back if this plateau doesn't break soon, and part of getting the pizza was hoping a night of carbs would kick my body back into losing mode.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:

This might just be my thoughts on it, and some might find it counter productive but here it goes.

You're not on a diet, so it doesn't matter if you have pizza once in a while. You're changing your lifestyle. It's not like you're NEVER going to eat pizza again in your life. Once won't hurt as long as you maintain the otherwise healthy lifestyle.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Chorazin wrote:

This might just be my thoughts on it, and some might find it counter productive but here it goes.

You're not on a diet, so it doesn't matter if you have pizza once in a while. You're changing your lifestyle. It's not like you're NEVER going to eat pizza again in your life. Once won't hurt as long as you maintain the otherwise healthy lifestyle.

A low carb lifestyle doesn't allow for things like pizza do to, you know, the carbs. Being committed to low carb does indeed mean no pizza, which I broke down from. I am hoping that by eating a bunch of carbs and then back down to low carb afterwards I'll force my body to start losing again, which sometimes works.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited February 2012
    Chorazin wrote:

A low carb lifestyle doesn't allow for things like pizza do to, you know, the carbs. Being committed to low carb does indeed mean no pizza, which I broke down from. I am hoping that by eating a bunch of carbs and then back down to low carb afterwards I'll force my body to start losing again, which sometimes works.
    I didn't know you were going to low carb permanently. My bad. Keep it up regardless.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Chorazin wrote:

I didn't know you were going to low carb permanently. My bad. Keep it up regardless.

Well, I'm not, but when you're committed to doing it pizza is a no no, that's all I was saying. Sure, once I reach my goal I'll be on WW for maintenance, but for now I want to stick with low carb as long as it keeps working. :-)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Tinkster wrote:
    I confess I saw the post on Tuesday and totally got scared/got shy/punked out. Okay, I'm in *cringe* Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 148 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)

We're twinsies! I also had issues with the plateau, or in my case - slow creep up.
    Way to join in!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    edited February 2012
    Chorazin - Are you guys making your own or do you usually order it? (this most recent meal aside) I feel like there could be some option to make something pretty decent and low carb. While maybe not a true pizza, might allow some wiggle room more than a regular pie. Maybe like a low-card flatbread then the rest of the toppings?

Probably true though - a little jostle to the system may work in your favor :)

Keep it up!

ishtra on
    ishtra wrote:
    Chorazin - Are you guys making your own or do you usually order it? (this most recent meal aside) I feel like there could be some option to make something pretty decent and low carb. While maybe not a true pizza, might allow some wiggle room more than a regular pie. Maybe like a low-card flatbread then the rest of the toppings?

Probably true though - a little jostle to the system may work in your favor :)

Keep it up!

We've tried to make our own, but pizza is one of my few trigger foods, and it just makes me want the real stuff. :-(

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    WW for maintenance? Why not just do it now? I have tried to be healthy and eat right and yadda yadda song and dance. Once I started WW, the weight literally just came off no matter what I ate. My worst week, which was like 1.6 lbs lost, was because I went to Wawa like 93248927 times. I have never lost lost weight in my entire life. I joined WW and it is just flying off like it ain't no thang.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Different strokes for different folks, and all that. Glad it is working so well for you!

edited February 2012
    redfield85 wrote:
    WW for maintenance? Why not just do it now? I have tried to be healthy and eat right and yadda yadda song and dance. Once I started WW, the weight literally just came off no matter what I ate. My worst week, which was like 1.6 lbs lost, was because I went to Wawa like 93248927 times. I have never lost lost weight in my entire life. I joined WW and it is just flying off like it ain't no thang.

I explained this above, on this very page. :-)
    Chorazin wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:
    vttym wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

Thanks, but I did WW for 5 months before I switched to low carb, I needed a change and my GF also wanted to do Low Carb. I'm down 50lbs since May. :)

I've considered switching back if this plateau doesn't break soon, and part of getting the pizza was hoping a night of carbs would kick my body back into losing mode.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:
    We've tried to make our own, but pizza is one of my few trigger foods, and it just makes me want the real stuff. :-(

I totally get that. Managed to not have pizza for 6 months, so walking past that smell is a real trial. Thankfully I was working during the Super Bowl. Mostly managed to cut out ice cream, my other vice, as well, but I still slip every now and then.

5I7JEDi.png
    @Chorazin, did you lose anything with WW? Did you eventually reach a plateau and needed a change? Just wondering so I can maybe prepare myself for something similar.

bYf6vNQ.png
    redfield85 wrote:
    @Chorazin, did you lose anything with WW? Did you eventually reach a plateau and needed a change? Just wondering so I can maybe prepare myself for something similar.

No, it was mainly a combination of me being bored with the program (I've done WW off and on in past years, but never was committed to weight loss like I am now) and my girlfriend wanted to lose weight via low carb. It's easier for two people to do the same diet when they cook together. I'd be real discouraged eating a chicken breast and broccoli on WW while she was eating wings or a giant steak on low carb otherwise! LOL

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Chorazin wrote:
    true enough, alas :P

• cacash10cacash10 Registered User new member
    If anyone needs any help, let me know. I am currently in the military and training for special forces. I have taken classes in nutrition, physical therapy, biochemistry, anatomy, and physiology. I am NOT certified in ANYTHING or in ANY way. But I have experienced results first hand and have been researching this on my own for years. I repeat, I have NO certifications in ANYTHING, but I will never recommend or suggest anything dangerous, and I am here to help based off of personal experience. I plan on being at PAX, but my leave at the moment is up in the air. Message me or leave a post here if you want help. If you want an immediate response, I am with Team9000.net, just send a message to me there (Casey) and I will be glad to help, otherwise, I will try to keep an eye on the forums here and respond as expeditiously as possible.

• tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    For those with Fitbit Ultra's there is a PAX group for you to join. You'll find me in it already. ;)

http://www.fitbit.com/group/229BP5

tek on
    Yesterday was a crummy day for eating (family member's funeral). I don't think I was really bad, but I made sure to put my WW points like 30 over the norm. I don't even use the weekly extra points anyway, so meh. Today might be another not so great day. We are going to hibachi. There is no way I go to this place and not get the norm (you get soup, salad, then I order a shrimp tempura (with string beans), and chicken+veggies+a little shrimp). Typically, we don't even eat until we go here because the meal is so large. I think I would be scared to see how many WW points this would be.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Yesterday went to Boston, and when I go into Boston it's really easy for me to just want all of the ice cream, all of the slushies, all of the pizza, and I tend to come home really full. Luckily I told my friends not to let me grab ice cream more then once, and only let me get one soda for the day so I at least wouldn't break that. So for that day I just ended up eating a small breakfast before I left, some Sarku Japan, a soda, a milkshake, water, and half of a cinnamon pretzel. And for a day in Boston that was pretty good. I had a turkey sandwich when I got home for my dinner.

and I used the stairs over the elevator almost every time, minus crowded places where I didn't want to separate from my friends.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
    So, for the first time ever, I didn't finish my meal at hibachi. Even when I used to, I was stuffed to the gills. I ate less than half the main course and took it home. I guess after a month and a half of WW, I am getting used to smaller meals. Good stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Getting back into running ... while also working on improving my incline running. Current goal is using the 5.0 incline on the treadmill for at least a mile every time I workout on it. We'll see how it goes.

Today was nicely productive - Gym for PAX and then test-cookies baked for PAX :P

• nicholas_wrightnicholas_wright Registered User regular
    cacash10 wrote:
    If anyone needs any help, let me know. I am currently in the military and training for special forces. I have taken classes in nutrition, physical therapy, biochemistry, anatomy, and physiology. I am NOT certified in ANYTHING or in ANY way. But I have experienced results first hand and have been researching this on my own for years. I repeat, I have NO certifications in ANYTHING, but I will never recommend or suggest anything dangerous, and I am here to help based off of personal experience. I plan on being at PAX, but my leave at the moment is up in the air. Message me or leave a post here if you want help. If you want an immediate response, I am with Team9000.net, just send a message to me there (Casey) and I will be glad to help, otherwise, I will try to keep an eye on the forums here and respond as expeditiously as possible.

That's neat. Where are you stationed?

How goes the first week of weight loss?

• SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 261 lb. (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12 (AT PAX!!!):

Here we go! I'm going to put my weight up here for accountability and will do my best to keep updating. My goal is to get to 250 lb. for PAX.* For those on Fitocracy, I also go by SpectacledBear there.

* I feel the need to justify this, but I'm not going to because I'm doing this for myself. So there.

SpectacledBear on
    Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 190 lb. (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%) (right after a cheat weekend)
    Week 2, 2/14/12:
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12:

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 261 lb. (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: 259 lb. (-2 lb., -0.7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Week 1 - 2/07/12: 316 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2 - 2/14/12: 312 (-4 lbs., -1.3%)
    Week 3 - 2/21/12:
    Week 4 - 2/28/12:
    Week 5 - 3/06/12:
    Week 6 - 3/13/12:
    Week 7 - 3/20/12:
    Week 8 - 3/27/12:
    Week 9 - 4/05/12:

Just returned from work/gym. I could use a beer...

5I7JEDi.png
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 258.6 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 254.0. - 4.6 lbs.
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

First weight loss since October or so. Let's keep it going on down!

• TinksterTinkster Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 148 (+/- 0 lbs)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 146 (- 2 lbs)
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Wewt, keep it up guys!

Tinkster on
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Not exactly what I was hoping for but my clothes are fitting loser and I feel stronger.
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 134 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 135 (+1 lb)
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Goals for this week: Increase number of set from 2 to 3 for stage 2 of NROL.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 190 lb. (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%) (right after a cheat weekend)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: 184 lb (-6 lbs) (I'm getting totally plateaued out this week so far and don't understand why. Arrrgghhh!!!
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 234 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 230 (-4 lbs, -1.7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Good week, though my strength training levelled off a bit for a while - recently was able to push the weights up again, so we're on track. Goal of 220 by PAX is in sight, and 200 by year's end seems achievable as well.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    So, for the first time ever, I didn't finish my meal at hibachi. Even when I used to, I was stuffed to the gills. I ate less than half the main course and took it home. I guess after a month and a half of WW, I am getting used to smaller meals. Good stuff.

if this were G+ I would totally +1 that shit. that's awesome, man!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, you guys are awesome for already checking in with your weigh-ins! Did mine this morning (before showering, can't have wet hair adding ounces!) but am just now getting to post! Down 1.4 this week - yay! On pace for 1 lb a week til PAX!

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 197 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 195.6 (- 1.4 lbs, - .7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12:
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

As for my goals, I only ate breakfast out twice, as hoped. I climbed at least 12 flights of stairs every day, which felt great! This week, I'm hoping to actually get back into the gym (it's been awhile). Getting my butt kicked on the fitocracy challenge right now (also haven't been logging everything though).

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI