As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    I just bought a bunch of these:

http://www.hlj.com/product/OBTMLST-A01C

I haven't received them yet so I can't speak for their quality. I don't think I'd hang up figures just because I don't like things sticking out from the walls, also I always open them so I can't hang them anyways. If you don't open them you have a box collection, not a toy collection.

steam_sig-400.png
  • SaintElmosWireSaintElmosWire Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    MK-Gift-Set_1322592963.jpg

Got me this today for $50 at Toys R Us. I couldn't resist. They also had the smaller figures in the form of a 3-pack with the three robots. I was tempted to get it.

I dont know how you could be tempted after looking at those face-sculpts, they are so terrible and derpy.

The secret accessory is a little half-inch figure of the same four Ninjas

Isn't it awesome how the lack of storage space for unique sprites back in the day has defined an entire group of identical looking mortal kombat figures :P

MvViV.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    So, I have been wanting to get those see through stands to add layers to my display case. Any idea where to get those online or what they are called so I can search Amazon?

Also, what are your opinions on putting a nail in the wall and hanging a figure versus putting up a shelf and sitting figures? And what makes you open a figure as opposed to keeping it in the case?

Personally, since I really collect the Marvel Universe figures, and some Minimates, I just don't think the packaging for them are that great. I rather open them up and display them in a better pose.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh nooooooooooooooo!

Not another toyline to start collecting! But there's probably a law written somewhere that says I have to buy new, good TMNT figures.

Oh, and the figures for the new show don't look too bad either.

Schide on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I like the new show ones a bit more. I've always favored the no-pupil look for the turtles. Well, maybe not always, I was a toon-watching kid at one point. But I do now.

dat articulation

Especially on the photo of the Shellraiser where they're all in really cool poses, on the van.

I'd like the new show ones better if they weren't 4" scale. I just don't like that scale as much compared to 6". Still might pick some up at some point though.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Can not wait for the TMNT stuff. 6" Classics, 4" modern with hella playsets and vehicles. and 11" Storage Shell Modern Figures!

Transformers will have to bring their A game come August or I'm dropping them in favor of going all-in on this. Turtles was my childhood, and the only vintage toys that I kept thinking that they'd still be the hot shit. So this is like a personal victory for me.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so, there's gonna be a Marvel Universe Death's Head figure coming out next year, with a head that looks exactly like he did in the 80s

@Edcrab

Marvel Legends version or bust.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    so, there's gonna be a Marvel Universe Death's Head figure coming out next year, with a head that looks exactly like he did in the 80s

@Edcrab

Welp I might end up buying a toy for the first time in

Well about a week but that teddy bear wasn't for me dammit

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    FIGMA

FUCKING

LINK

515108120.jpg

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Well, I'm posting, so that means I have a new Hot Toys figure to show off. Getting married later this year, priorities are a-changin', so this is my last one. Figured I'd go out with a bang.
    keatman6.jpg
    keatman7.jpg
    keatman9.jpg
    keatman3.jpg
    keatman4.jpg

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I wonder if they will do a Catwoman from that movie as well

• cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Well, they announced they have the Batman Returns license, so it's very likely.

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Those stands I posted about earlier work pretty well.

steam_sig-400.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the marvel line that walmarts around me are currently selling has scarlet spider in it. I have a clone protecting my desk now

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Is the hoodie molded on

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Sadly the MU Scarlet Spider is not the hoodie version.

New Marvel Legends wave 1 variant edition. Pretty fantastic all around.

MLVariantwave1.jpg

edited February 2012
    I'm at work right now so I'll double check it later, but it seemed to be a separate piece on top of the normal spiderman torso. Hood is down and hard plastic so no throwing it up when you feel like it.

initiatefailure on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Wow, that includes Hope (who's only been in comics), a revitalized Daredevil villain (from two issues), and a sculpt of Steve Rogers from one issue of SA.

huntresssig.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well

Klaw has been a villain for ages and has been all over the place for a while before re-appearing in Daredevil

and Steve Rogers wore that uniform in a lot of books for about a year and a half, not just one issue of SA

CYpGAPn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    yeah, Klaw was a major villain in Secret Wars

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    yeah, Klaw was a major villain in Secret Wars

He had an action figure back in that toy line as well.

FINE GET EGG ALL OVER MY FACE : (

huntresssig.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    EGGS ARE DELICIOUS AND FULL OF PROTEIN I AM DOING YOU A FAVOR

CYpGAPn.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Arivia you now have to turn in TWO badges and guns

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    can I turn in little action figure badges

huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Oh yeah here's some collection pics of my Brave and WWE figures. You never know, someone might be interested.

BraveCollection1.jpg

BraveCollection2.jpg

BraveCollection3.jpg

WWFCollection1.jpg

WWFCollection2.jpg

Schide on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Klaw was also a big deal when Mark Waid relaunched Captain America, in a run that is even better than his current Daredevil one :).

These new TMNT figures. Just...damn. Looking so fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEDWAuzrdw

I saw a guardians of the galaxy set at my wallmart and almost picked it up, but I wanted a nova to go with it and it seems like the only nova is $30 online. I guess I missed him by too much time.

The GoG set looks cool though. Rocket looks like just a solid sculpt though with no movement but that's ok considering.

Damn, those turtles make me wish I was a kid again. I had a bunch of old figures plus the ones that you could transform back into baby turtles by opening up the shell.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Damn, those turtles make me wish I was a kid again. I had a bunch of old figures plus the ones that you could transform back into baby turtles by opening up the shell.

The transforming TMNT toys were some of the most original, inventive transforming toys that I've ever seen (and I say this as a man who is absolutely obsessed with Transformers, combiners, really any sort of form-altering toy). I still have many of them (including the ones who transform into construction vehicles, military vehicles, etc), and I keep waiting for that line to be resurrected; I had high hopes when they re-released the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-to-regular turtles toys a couple of years ago, but they didn't put out any other ones, unfortunately.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I still have all of those Turtles figures. The accessories on the other hand, are all in ziplock bags with every other accessory I found over the years.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I actually really liked how for some of them, the accessories would integrate with the toy's alt-form.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I saw a guardians of the galaxy set at my wallmart and almost picked it up, but I wanted a nova to go with it and it seems like the only nova is $30 online. I guess I missed him by too much time.

The GoG set looks cool though. Rocket looks like just a solid sculpt though with no movement but that's ok considering.

They have a bunch of the Guardians of the Galaxy at the walmart I work at for $15
    THey are freaking out setting up the section of toys which they should have done weeks ago.

• HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Thing that bugged me as a kid was that Ninja Turtles and basically every other action figure were very hard to find basic normal versions. There was always crazy versions like Leo the Baseball player or Raph the Taxi driver. Not to mention I had never ever seen a Batman that wasn't some crazy suit until Begins came out.

So hopefully normal Turtles will be around through out this new shows lifespan.

steam_sig.png
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

Actually, I don't think Nova is out yet. He's going to be released in March or April I believe. Also, it looks like we're getting a Miles Morales variant to go along with the Ultimate Spidey version that's going to be released in the next wave. Would love to get it, but I can just imagine how hard it's gong to be.

edited February 2012
    oh ok then. I only saw the one on amazon which now that i look at it again is a different line and a bigger figure. I should go get my cosmic marvel on.

initiatefailure on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ha. That was entertaining.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
This discussion has been closed.