As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Ugh. If anyone's got a spare demo code I'll trade you a normandy avatar code for it.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I read on the official forums that adepts had like 10s cooldowns in the second section, vs. 23 (!) for adrenaline rush. So unless adepts inexplicably have way lighter penalties for weight, there might be something wrong with the demo cooldowns.

Singularity starts off at 1.5s, so

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that fight on haestrom is one of my favorite moments in the game and I hope there's more like it in ME3

It's one of the few times in the game that the combat is really urgent and it feels like the enemies are actually trying to kill you, as opposed to just kind of being targets

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    I tried playing with Pancake's face, the hair looks very different but it still animates really well in the new engine.

Can you post Pancake's face code?

htm wrote:
    -Tal wrote:
    I tried playing with Pancake's face, the hair looks very different but it still animates really well in the new engine.

Can you post Pancake's face code?

741.2GD.911.Q85.A73.15P.4GF.411.HJ6.5G7.437.316

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    I read on the official forums that adepts had like 10s cooldowns in the second section, vs. 23 (!) for adrenaline rush. So unless adepts inexplicably have way lighter penalties for weight, there might be something wrong with the demo cooldowns.

Yeah, but Soldier is supposed to have a much higher default carry weight limit.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    keep your damn normandy avatar model!

I WANT MY DEMO CODE!

il_170x135.224391204.jpg

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

Adrenaline Rush isn't really built to be spammed in the same way Adept powers are though.

Adepts use their powers to attack more than their guns. Soldiers supplement their bullet hell with their powers occasionally.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Think of it this way, it's not three more days until playing Mass Effect, it's three less days of having the demo and wishing you had the whole game.

• LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Think of it this way, it's not three more days until playing Mass Effect, it's three less days of having the demo and wishing you had the whole game.

I don't know about you but I'm planning on playing the shit out of demo MP. Hopefully that will get old less quickly.

Lemming on
    yeah Singularity, Pull and Throw all have crazy low cooldowns to encourage combos. AR has been nerfed slightly so you aren't spamming it 100% of the time.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Did they say whether you can import saves from the demo into the retail game? I think they did that with ME2 on PC at least.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Z0re wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

Adrenaline Rush isn't really built to be spammed in the same way Adept powers are though.

Adepts use their powers to attack more than their guns. Soldiers supplement their bullet hell with their powers occasionally.

You misunderstand what I'm saying.

Soldier is supposed to have a much higher carry limit than Adept...thus their cooldown with all weapons should be more in-line with what it would usually be with no cooldown bonus at all.

So I think there is something that we're missing or something.

Dragkonias on
  • The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    that fight on haestrom is one of my favorite moments in the game and I hope there's more like it in ME3

It's one of the few times in the game that the combat is really urgent and it feels like the enemies are actually trying to kill you, as opposed to just kind of being targets

I just take the Cain.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    incinerate and viper sniper rifle never fail me on highly armored foes.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited February 2012
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Z0re wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

You misunderstand what I'm saying.

Soldier is supposed to have a much higher carry limit than Adept...thus their cooldown with all weapons should be more in-line with what it would usually be with no cooldown bonus at all.

So I think there is something that we're missing or something.

Unless that is the new normal. They may be moving the Soldier towards "Shoot now, shoot later, powers every 20-30 seconds".

Besides Concussive shot, I don't think any other powers share a cooldown with AR now that Ammo is its own thing and Grenades are limited by ammo instead of CD.

Adrenaline rush is a ridiculously good power, almost gamebreakingly so, having free slow-mo with an insane damage boost every 20 seconds or so is still really good for a class built to shoot things. Hell, it'll probably still be the best power in the game.

Z0re on
    edited February 2012
    Except AR's cooldown is pretty low when Shepard only has the pistol equipped.

It's only when you put on the weapons that it skyrockets(at a rate similar to the other classes).

Which shouldn't happen if Soldier doesn't get as big of a penalty to carry weight or has a higher carry weight.

Which is what I've been saying. I was never arguing the merits of AR vs other powers.

Dragkonias on
    edited February 2012
    I think I finally found a new ship.

At about :35 in the Femshep trailer, when the Alliance fleet jumps through the Mass Relay with Normandy in the lead. There are two large, grey, ships that look significantly different from the standard Alliance cruiser we've seen in the last few games. They have'slits carved into their wings where cruiser hulls are solid, and they seem wider and taller.

Doubtful they're alien ships, since the same general design is similar to the cruiser.

I'm betting they're Dreadnoughts, afterall, Hackett would look pretty dumb commanding from a cruiser don't ya think?

manwiththemachinegun on
    edited February 2012
    I think it multiplies as a percentage though, not a straight number.

If AR cooldown starts at 6 seconds and Singularity starts at 1.5 then it would jack up AR cooldowns much faster even if the Soldier got a bonus.

Even if Adept powers are delayed for 6X as long it would only be about half as much as the Soldier if they had 3X delay.

Z0re on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I think I finally found a new ship.

At about :35 in the Femshep trailer, when the Alliance fleet jumps through the Mass Relay with Normandy in the lead. There are two large, grey, ships that look significantly different from the standard Alliance cruiser we've seen in the last few games. They have'slits carved into their wings where cruiser hulls are solid, and they seem wider and taller.

Doubtful they're alien ships, since the same general design is similar to the cruiser.

I'm betting they're Dreadnoughts, afterall, Hackett would look pretty dumb commanding from a cruiser don't ya think?

yeah they're dreadnoughts

you see one a lot closer during the demo

I wonder if Taky might know about it. These numbers seem kind of high.

edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure half of the ridiculousness of the cooldowns comes from the fact that you don't have the opportunity to buy upgrades. Even with four weapons, soldier has some pretty long cooldowns. You should reasonably expect to carry an AR, a Sniper, a Shotgun, and a Heavy Weapon if you do some mining.

Speaking of heavies, they really need to step those up if they want to make it a real choice between heavy weapon and shorter cooldowns.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Do heavy weapons count against the weight limit? They don't seem to be on the standard weight/loadout screen (are they in the demo even?).

Also, watching demo footage it seems like cooldowns are either set as part of the demo or determined based on your initial loadout or something, because these warps aren't taking any extra time after the player picked up the Avenger.

s7Imn5J.png
    -Tal wrote:
    I'm pretty sure half of the ridiculousness of the cooldowns comes from the fact that you don't have the opportunity to buy upgrades. Even with four weapons, soldier has some pretty long cooldowns. You should reasonably expect to carry an AR, a Sniper, a Shotgun, and a Heavy Weapon if you do some mining.

Speaking of heavies, they really need to step those up if they want to make it a real choice between heavy weapon and shorter cooldowns.

Given how one is an Alliance crowd control super mass driver, and another is a geth mini gun, I have a feeling they'll get used.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Well shit, seeing the new screenshots of Kaiden make me regret that he is dead.

Hopefully Ashley is a bit less of a nazi this time around.

MSL59.jpg
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Ashley automatically cutscene-kills all non-human recruitable squadmates when you first meet them, but in exchange she gains their power.

s7Imn5J.png
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    If I do the UK Facebook thing, will I get in trouble since I'm in the US?

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

I just take the Cain.
    Won't the Cain not really do that much damage to the Colossus on Insanity? I mean, I saw a video on Hardcore that took off half the shields beforehand, and a Cain shot still didn't kill it.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Ashley automatically cutscene-kills all non-human recruitable squadmates when you first meet them, but in exchange she gains their power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote:

yeah kinda wish my main shep had kaidan instead of ashley

hells of late for that though

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    SkyEye wrote:
    Did they say whether you can import saves from the demo into the retail game? I think they did that with ME2 on PC at least.

Why would you want to, since you can't import a save into the demo in the first place?

Love that song.

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote:
    If I do the UK Facebook thing, will I get in trouble since I'm in the US?

Nope!

• BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Looks like there were a limited number of codes and they've been used up. No-one has posted any new ones in any giveaway threads for a while now.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well shit, just found the original Drell homeworld in mass 1. I did not know it was there. Neither does the aliance apparantly.
    ?.jpg

edit: gah what am i talking about, brain fried im thinking the name sounds like Kahje so that must be it, thinking that was the original homeworld but thats the one they moved to with the hannar. what have i been smoking.

Deaderinred on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Alright, so I copied over my Mass Effect saves to the same folder, and when I try to use the ME2 configuration utility to select documents/bioware/Mass Effect/saves, nothing happens. What exactly am I doing wrong?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Well shit, just found the original Drell homeworld in mass 1. I did not know it was there. Neither does the aliance apparantly.
    ?.jpg

edit: gah what am i talking about, brain fried im thinking the name sounds like Kahje so that must be it, thinking that was the original homeworld but thats the one they moved to with the hannar. what have i been smoking.
    yeah the drell homeworld is rakhana

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Bliss 101 wrote:

yeah kinda wish my main shep had kaidan instead of ashley

hells of late for that though

I'm fine with Ashley warming a bench on the Normandy instead of Kaidan.

Kaidan had to heroically die so that I wouldn't accidentally romance him (which I had started to, given that it was my first playthrough ever).

Gives that planet all kinds of dramatic tension and shit.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Urgh... Bioware and their website won't take my money. Been trying to get some of the dlc to do one last play through before 3 comes out but every time I enter my CC info to buy their stupid funbucks, it won't go through. Has anyone else dealt with this issue before? All of my info is correct, but I just keep getting the same message of "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one."

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I just bought some, so I don't know what's wrong.