As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    oh, is the multiplayer portion being unlocked later? How much of the multiplayer experience is it going to cover?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    enemies are a lot more aggressive in ME3, and grenades mean you have to move all the time because they will kill you instantly on insanity.

this makes me happy

see, i play vanguard like it's one of those classes where you're constantly losing health and to survive you need to be killing all the time

ALL THE TIME

if i'm sitting behind cover for more than 3 seconds i'm doing it wrong

and if the enemies come to me that's just GRAVY

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    enemies are a lot more aggressive in ME3, and grenades mean you have to move all the time because they will kill you instantly on insanity.

this makes me happy

see, i play vanguard like it's one of those classes where you're constantly losing health and to survive you need to be killing all the time

ALL THE TIME

if i'm sitting behind cover for more than 3 seconds i'm doing it wrong

and if the enemies come to me that's just GRAVY

I really want to try insanity vanguard with the demo

but 15 second charge cooldown don't sound much fun

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    unfortunately the demo doesn't really facilitate traditional vanguard play

every class is pretty much forced to be a poor man's soldier (Infiltrator is actually good at that role, though)

PNk1Ml4.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Man, just restarted Mass Effect for the umpteenth time, and the first time in probably a year.

The opening sequence still gives me goosebumps.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    well i plan to try every class as soon as i get my hands on the demo

i figure the early part with the 2-gun loadout will give a better idea of how i'll play.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    I didn't think the second part of the demo actually spoiled very much because it seems to be a section of a level rather than the whole thing, though I could be wrong.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I saw Garrus in a Fidelity Investments commercial tonight when I was about.

Starting to think Mass Effect is following me when I leave the house.

s7Imn5J.png
    jackisreal wrote:
    I didn't think the second part of the demo actually spoiled very much because it seems to be a section of a level rather than the whole thing, though I could be wrong.

yeah they cut out the hub section as well as some of the early combat scenes for the demo

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    character in demo
    So, Mordin's voice. If it's not Michael Beattie, whoever did it did a great job. I don't think it sounds quite right, but not to the degree that I would notice if I weren't specifically listening for it. And it's not different enough that I'm completely positive it's someone else, either.

Orca wrote:
    Man, just restarted Mass Effect for the umpteenth time, and the first time in probably a year.

I just started it again as well for my canon run

Properly taking my time for this playthrough and talking about everything with everyone

this is still a pretty great game

of course then I got distracted by getting early access to the demo

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    character in demo
    So, Mordin's voice. If it's not Michael Beattie, whoever did it did a great job. I don't think it sounds quite right, but not to the degree that I would notice if I weren't specifically listening for it. And it's not different enough that I'm completely positive it's someone else, either.
    Agreed. While it does feel slightly different, it could just be the mood of the situation. If it's not him, it's someone doing a great impression.

• Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote:
    no naked Yahg murdering Cerberus troops makes me pretty sure it was only a small sample of the level rather than the whole thing

The whole thing seemed kind of...rough, overall. Not that bioware games have ever been particularly clean from a technical standpoint ,but I do hope this was an early build.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    The whole thing seemed kind of...rough, overall. Not that bioware games have ever been particularly clean from a technical standpoint ,but I do hope this was an early build.

it's a build from a few days ago
    but yeah, they've really hit the technical limit of the Xbox and it's showing
    Still gorgeous though

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I just hope us PC users get higher resolution textures this time.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote:
    no naked Yahg murdering Cerberus troops makes me pretty sure it was only a small sample of the level rather than the whole thing

There are very obvious section skips through the whole thing.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote:

So much this.

I just hope it doesn't push my GTX 260 past its limits if we do get higher resolution textures. But if so, that finally gives me a reason to upgarade! :D

Orca wrote:
    Heatwave wrote:

So much this.

I just hope it doesn't push my GTX 260 past its limits if we do get higher resolution textures. But if so, that finally gives me a reason to upgarade! :D

it would be nice to get a high-res texture pack or something, i agree

RxI0N.png
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    jackisreal wrote:
    The Naked Yahg needs to be a recruitable squad mate. Maybe even a Love Interest.

htm on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    If anyone has any recommendations for my save problem, that would be spiffy.

Fencingsax wrote:

What, exactly, is your save problem?

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I cant keep the anticipation intensity this high anymore for demo codes.

I have a spare SR2 avatar item code. If someone has a spare demo code, PM me and I'll send you the SR2 code. Im off to do other things while I wait for my 2hour timers to cooldown. I blew away my saturday trying to get this...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

I moved my Mass Effect 1 saves over from my old computer, and the config application for mass effect 2 won't recognize the folder to transfer them. I press OK and the directory window just closes without anything happening. I tried doing it manually, but the game still doesn't seem to think I have ME1 saves. On top of that, I can't actually play the saves, because they have BDtS on them, and this computer doesn't have it, and I can't get at the CD key I had. (EA Support was no help).

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote:

It's the same with me and ME2. Every time I have to go and rescue Joker, I have to stop and look out the "skylight".

sig.gif
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I moved my Mass Effect 1 saves over from my old computer, and the config application for mass effect 2 won't recognize the folder to transfer them. I press OK and the directory window just closes without anything happening. I tried doing it manually, but the game still doesn't seem to think I have ME1 saves. On top of that, I can't actually play the saves, because they have BDtS on them, and this computer doesn't have it, and I can't get at the CD key I had. (EA Support was no help).

Well, your old saves sound like they're gone for good. Were I you, I'd go for a fast replay of ME1 on casual using a Soldier. Or if you can live with only making the really big ME1 decisions, you might pick up the ME2 Genesis comic, which lets you make the four or five biggest ME1 plot choices without having to actually play ME1.

Gibbed's Save Editor is another option, but I think I read that it doesn't let you set the real ME1 plot choice saved values, just debug versions of them. So ME3 might or might not recognize them. Or something. Apparently using Gibbed's for ME1 choices is somehow suspect.

• BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote:
    Orca wrote:

It's the same with me and ME2. Every time I have to go and rescue Joker, I have to stop and look out the "skylight".

The opening shot of ME1 looks so much better on a newgame+, when you're in end game armour with spectre weapons.

I like to think that my Shepard was aware of the time loop that caused him to chase Saren 3 times,

Dox the PI wrote:
    I like to think that my Shepard was aware of the time loop that caused him to chase Saren 3 times,

explains why he got so crazy at the Council

PNk1Ml4.png
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

Well, your old saves sound like they're gone for good. Were I you, I'd go for a fast replay of ME1 on casual using a Soldier. Or if you can live with only making the really big ME1 decisions, you might pick up the ME2 Genesis comic, which lets you make the four or five biggest ME1 plot choices without having to actually play ME1.

Gibbed's Save Editor is another option, but I think I read that it doesn't let you set the real ME1 plot choice saved values, just debug versions of them. So ME3 might or might not recognize them. Or something. Apparently using Gibbed's for ME1 choices is somehow suspect.

Does class or difficulty enter into plot at all? Because that sounds like something I may as well do. (I haven't ever played soldier anyways.)

nope
    in fact difficulty doesn't even effect XP gained in ME1

Fencingsax wrote:
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

nothing actually happens when you press OK. that's normal.

try booting up Mass Effect 2 itself and select the new game (import from ME1) option.

RxI0N.png
    So what's up with cloak in this one? In the demo it seemed like enemies would shoot me even when I had cloak up. Do you have to activate it when they're not looking or has it been nerfed into being a glorified damage buff?

Granted, it was completely broken in 2 that enemies simply stopped targeting you any time you popped it.

Fencingsax wrote:
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

try booting up Mass Effect 2 itself and select the new game (import from ME1) option.
    It tells me I have no save games. Specifically, it says Mass Effect 1 Game Save not found. Please Run the configuration utility to copy your saved games to the appropriate location.

edited February 2012
    So what's up with cloak in this one? In the demo it seemed like enemies would shoot me even when I had cloak up. Do you have to activate it when they're not looking or has it been nerfed into being a glorified damage buff?

Granted, it was completely broken in 2 that enemies simply stopped targeting you any time you popped it.

I think they keep shooting at the place you just were before going invisible

Renegade Wolf on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

It tells me I have no save games. Specifically, it says Mass Effect 1 Game Save not found. Please Run the configuration utility to copy your saved games to the appropriate location.

Where are your save games located? Put them in documents > bioware > Mass Effect 2 > save > ME1. Kind of counterintuitive that it won't pluck them out of the ME1 save folder.

edited February 2012
    ChaosHat wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

Where are your save games located? Put them in documents > bioware > Mass Effect 2 > save > ME1. Kind of counterintuitive that it won't pluck them out of the ME1 save folder.

Yeah. I did that. They even end with .MassEffectSave and everything Was there something else I need to transfer? Because there wasn't anything else in the folder in my old computer but Profile.MassEffectProfile, but I didn't think I needed that.

Fencingsax on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Hmm, are you sure you brought over the right files? You need the char files and not the folders or anything else.

If it's not that I am officially out of easy ideas you probably already googled.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I don't think you can just move them into the ME2>save>ME1 folder. Looking at it, that folder has a .masseffectsave for each character, and then a folder named as Char_01-etc. containing only a player.sav and a state.sav, presumably produced by the import process. My ME1 save folder, on the other hand, has just a big dump of save files.

You originally put them in docs>bioware>mass effect>save, and you tried after telling it to import from there and it didn't work?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited February 2012
    They say MassEffectSave on them. So I assume that's what I need. It does make me a little sad, but I'll figure something out.

SoundsPlush, I originally put them in the Mass Effect 1 save folder, exactly where they were on my original computer (documents/bioware/Mass Effect/save). They all basically look like this: Freya00_AutoSave.MassEffectSave

It looks like I may just casual my way through ME1, but I can't remember if class choice or difficulty affects story in any way. It also bums me out that I will not have done BDtS, which makes Arrival that little bit more delicious.

Fencingsax on