As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    No profile saves, then? Before all my saves named after the character, I have one profile save per character in the format Char_01-etc.masseffectsave, then there's a folder with the same name scheme in the ME2 section, containing a player.sav and a state.sav.
    xt9v0.jpg
    g2TdT.jpg

If you can't get this sorted out, you could find a save online that matches your choices, edit the player name after importing it in ME2 with the save editor, and redesign your face/class/etc.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure that just the save isn't enough, you need the character file.

It should look something like Char_01-54-2-2-0-26-12-2009-48-17.MassEffectSave

e:f,b

Lemming on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ...Oh shit, there were some of those.

Welp, I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I moved my Mass Effect 1 saves over from my old computer, and the config application for mass effect 2 won't recognize the folder to transfer them. I press OK and the directory window just closes without anything happening. I tried doing it manually, but the game still doesn't seem to think I have ME1 saves. On top of that, I can't actually play the saves, because they have BDtS on them, and this computer doesn't have it, and I can't get at the CD key I had. (EA Support was no help).

Well, your old saves sound like they're gone for good. Were I you, I'd go for a fast replay of ME1 on casual using a Soldier. Or if you can live with only making the really big ME1 decisions, you might pick up the ME2 Genesis comic, which lets you make the four or five biggest ME1 plot choices without having to actually play ME1.

Gibbed's Save Editor is another option, but I think I read that it doesn't let you set the real ME1 plot choice saved values, just debug versions of them. So ME3 might or might not recognize them. Or something. Apparently using Gibbed's for ME1 choices is somehow suspect.
    And doing a story-only replay of ME1 doesn't take that long either. It should take around 6 hours from beginning to end.

The comic does 6 choices: Love interest (yes/no, and who), Rachni Queen's fate, Wrex's fate, Virmire Survivor, Council's fate, and Anderson/Udina for Councillor.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote:
    btw, Origin sucks guys

no wait, it's Steam that's just crashed twice today for no discernible reason. Why are people so against Origin again?

I am instantly reminded of my issue from last week where my brother was calling me from Alabama because Origin wouldn't process his money or somebody else's money while trying to buy a game. Then I tried with two different cards on two different iterations of Origin and it still didn't work. And now he has multiple copies of the game because Origin is so fucking stupid.

Oh, and the post from almost the top of the page where somebody else was having a similar issue.

So yeah, Origin still sucks. Gonna be loads of fun trying to tell EA to give somebody back their own money for a screwup through their third-rate purchasing frontend.

EDIT: Also, Origin can suck up system resources just for having Origin open to the wrong page, so there's that piece of stupidity.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote:
    Orca wrote:
    Man, just restarted Mass Effect for the umpteenth time, and the first time in probably a year.

The opening sequence still gives me goosebumps.
    It's the same with me and ME2. Every time I have to go and rescue Joker, I have to stop and look out the "skylight".

TO be fair, that section is fucking awesome. I would like more temporary zero-G sections, Dead Space 2 style.

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote:
    Sorce wrote:
    Orca wrote:
    Man, just restarted Mass Effect for the umpteenth time, and the first time in probably a year.

It's the same with me and ME2. Every time I have to go and rescue Joker, I have to stop and look out the "skylight".

TO be fair, that section is fucking awesome. I would like more temporary zero-G sections, Dead Space 2 style.

If you don't bump into every single floating chair, every time, you're some kind of monster

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Sorce wrote:
    htm wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I moved my Mass Effect 1 saves over from my old computer, and the config application for mass effect 2 won't recognize the folder to transfer them. I press OK and the directory window just closes without anything happening. I tried doing it manually, but the game still doesn't seem to think I have ME1 saves. On top of that, I can't actually play the saves, because they have BDtS on them, and this computer doesn't have it, and I can't get at the CD key I had. (EA Support was no help).

Well, your old saves sound like they're gone for good. Were I you, I'd go for a fast replay of ME1 on casual using a Soldier. Or if you can live with only making the really big ME1 decisions, you might pick up the ME2 Genesis comic, which lets you make the four or five biggest ME1 plot choices without having to actually play ME1.

Gibbed's Save Editor is another option, but I think I read that it doesn't let you set the real ME1 plot choice saved values, just debug versions of them. So ME3 might or might not recognize them. Or something. Apparently using Gibbed's for ME1 choices is somehow suspect.
    And doing a story-only replay of ME1 doesn't take that long either. It should take around 6 hours from beginning to end.

The comic does 6 choices: Love interest (yes/no, and who), Rachni Queen's fate, Wrex's fate, Virmire Survivor, Council's fate, and Anderson/Udina for Councillor.

The problem is that I don't have enough self control for story only, even when I've spent 40ish hours on this game. But someone suggested something that makes me think I may be an idiot, so we'll see. If that fixes it, hurrah! If not, then my canon runs will just have to not have done BDtS, and have done casual story runs.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    btw, Origin sucks guys

no wait, it's Steam that's just crashed twice today for no discernible reason. Why are people so against Origin again?

I am instantly reminded of my issue from last week where my brother was calling me from Alabama because Origin wouldn't process his money or somebody else's money while trying to buy a game. Then I tried with two different cards on two different iterations of Origin and it still didn't work. And now he has multiple copies of the game because Origin is so fucking stupid.

Oh, and the post from almost the top of the page where somebody else was having a similar issue.

So yeah, Origin still sucks. Gonna be loads of fun trying to tell EA to give somebody back their own money for a screwup through their third-rate purchasing frontend.

EDIT: Also, Origin can suck up system resources just for having Origin open to the wrong page, so there's that piece of stupidity.

The Origin FAQ seems to imply that you only need to use Origin once for an activation if you play the single-player so at least its usage is minimal.

• Options
    Stepping aside from trying to stir up the dumb Origin/Steam argument in which people make clumsy econ-101 analogies, Mass Effect 2 downloadable is on sale on Amazon for $5, which you should then be able to register on Origin. Someone was looking to pick the pair up recently, so here's one of two.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    Re: cloaking: they fire at where you were, and at nearby allies. They can also hear you if you get too close to them, so only move close of you're going in to kill.

Also posting here again until someone pisses me off.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Lemming wrote:
    Synthesis wrote:
    Sorce wrote:
    Orca wrote:

If you don't bump into every single floating chair, every time, you're some kind of monster

I recently discovered you can push the chairs out of the Normandy and into space.

That's awesome.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    takyris wrote:
    Re: cloaking: they fire at where you were, and at nearby allies. They can also hear you if you get too close to them, so only move close of you're going in to kill.

that makes sense and is basically what I thought was happening

I am really looking forward to trying infiltrator without the long cooldowns all the weapons in the demo result in

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Soldier with only a pistol because John Woo's got nothing on Shepard

• Options
    takyris wrote:

<3

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    taky, give the sound engineer a thumbs up from me

the sound of gunfire has improved consistently

• Options
    I want to use the avenger more

it sounded so nice and (gasp) actually seemed useful

• Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    yeah I totally believe all those times when they said ME3 will make you cry now

the end of the earth part of the demo was sad enough

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    All you stupid XBox 360 master race people

making me all jealous

and tempting me to buy a console to play a fucking demo 2 days early.

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    What did we do? -Tal, it was you wasn't it?

Edit: Damnit. Bioware better not make me cry. Being a stupid teenager and playing FFVII didn't coax a tear. I refuse to cry for anything in ME3.
    Not that made it down my face anyway.

Daris on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    That... is some damn good music. I'm assuming it's a Mansell piece?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    ^^^ Someone said Taky was lying about stuff

so you know guys just treat people nicely and then shit doesn't happen

Ad astra wrote:
    That... is some damn good music. I'm assuming it's a Mansell piece?

Nope Hulick

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    That is a nice piece.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dox the PI wrote:
    ^^^ Someone said Taky was lying about stuff

so you know guys just treat people nicely and then shit doesn't happen

Now, I'm normally against lynching, but WHO

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    i admit i was tearing up a bit during the Earth intro

i can't imagine what the full game's gonna be like

• Options
    edited February 2012
    taky, give the sound engineer a thumbs up from me

the sound of gunfire has improved consistently
    EA sent over DICE, the guys behind the Battlefield franchise, for that stuff.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I don't think that DICE actually did the sounds
    they just did advice and tech swapping with Bioware

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote:
    I don't think that DICE actually did the sounds
    they just did advice and tech swapping with Bioware

"Okay, so here's how you make your guns sound MEAN AS FUCK"

I think there's more bass in the ME3 demo than there is in all of ME1.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    @Orca, I offer myrrh.
    BxwU3.jpg

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    takyris wrote:

yay, Taky is back!
    <3<3<3

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:

"I hate that guy."

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    All you stupid XBox 360 master race people

making me all jealous

and tempting me to buy a console to play a fucking demo 2 days early.

Harbinger: You prolong the inevitable.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Kaidan what are you doing in the co-pilot seat
    you're not the co-pilot

• Options
    Owenashi wrote:
    Orca wrote:

"I hate that guy."

Best line of the entire series.

• Options
    Dox the PI wrote:
    you're not the co-pilot

Playing Angry Space Birds on the computer no doubt.

• Options
    Dox the PI wrote:
    you're not the co-pilot
    Yeah, that always confused me. Like, he's there in the initial scene, but the rest of the game he's hanging out in the Mess working on what looked like a vending machine.

sig.gif
  • Options
    It's because he's half engineer half biotic

he's not sure if he's actually supposed to help around the ship or just do combat missions
    so he half asses the helping part

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I saw Garrus in a Fidelity Investments commercial tonight when I was about.

Starting to think Mass Effect is following me when I leave the house.

I'm willing to bet Terra Firma and Cerberus have big holdings in Fidelity.

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote:
    It's because he's half engineer half biotic

he's not sure if he's actually supposed to help around the ship or just do combat missions
    so he half asses both

fixed