As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    How the hell's this facebook app supposed to work? Clicking at random?

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    at random clicking

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Oh man... Fuck Tower of Hanoi.

Though the fanfare you get for doing it is nice.

(just did that part on Noveria)

newSig.jpg
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Just played through the Kasumi mission and Shadow Broker:
    Kasumi is a great new teammate. I love her cloak and stab move, and the flashbang is great for crowd control.
    Shadow Broker was fantastic. Both boss battles were awesome. I was playing vanguard against the specter and it was fun as hell chasing her around. The shadow broker at first seemed really easy with me just shooting at him. But then when he popped his Barrier and Liara told me to melee him, I got to PUNCH HIM IN THE GODDAMN FACE! The dialog was pretty good as well, my favorite line being, "Don't you miss the days when we could just slap some omni-gel on it?" Also, Tyrannosaros Wrex.

I still have to play Arrival, is Overlord worth buying as well?

steam_sig.png
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    "I hate that guy."
    "Nihlus gave you a compliment, so you hate him."
    "Remember to zip up your jumpsuit on the way out of the bathroom, that's good. I just jumped us halfway across the galaxy and hit a target the size of a pinhead, so that's incredible. Besides spectres are trouble, I don't like having him onboard, call me paranoid"
    "You're paranoid."

I was sold on those two from that moment.

• DarisDaris Registered User regular
    JMan711 wrote:
    Just played through the Kasumi mission and Shadow Broker:
    Kasumi is a great new teammate. I love her cloak and stab move, and the flashbang is great for crowd control.
    Shadow Broker was fantastic. Both boss battles were awesome. I was playing vanguard against the specter and it was fun as hell chasing her around. The shadow broker at first seemed really easy with me just shooting at him. But then when he popped his Barrier and Liara told me to melee him, I got to PUNCH HIM IN THE GODDAMN FACE! The dialog was pretty good as well, my favorite line being, "Don't you miss the days when we could just slap some omni-gel on it?" Also, Tyrannosaros Wrex.

I still have to play Arrival, is Overlord worth buying as well?

Overlord is good. Not fantastic, but it has some great moments. It's better than Arrival.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    "I hate that guy."
    "Nihlus gave you a compliment, so you hate him."
    "Remember to zip up your jumpsuit on the way out of the bathroom, that's good. I just jumped us halfway across the galaxy and hit a target the size of a pinhead, so that's incredible. Besides spectres are trouble, I don't like having him onboard, call me paranoid"
    "You're paranoid."

I was sold on those two from that moment.
    Joker/Kaidan OTP?

sig.gif
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Played the demo.

Eh.

Mass Effect doesn't really do well in demo form. Though I finally got to play around with the charge vanguard thing since I couldn't import my real character into the demo.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    yeah I totally believe all those times when they said ME3 will make you cry now

the end of the earth part of the demo was sad enough
    The sad thing about that part was that I knew what was going to happen(it was so obvious) and how they were setting it up. But that music went with it so well.

• LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm kind of sick and I can't sleep because it's too dry and the air is drying out my nose and throat.

This must be what inverse Thane feels like ;-;

Edit: Breathing through this wet shirt, I realize there's no reason for Thane to not just have some kind of rebreather that dehumidifies the air for him.

Lemming on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lemming wrote:
    I'm kind of sick and I can't sleep because it's too dry and the air is drying out my nose and throat.

This must be what inverse Thane feels like ;-;

Edit: Breathing through this wet shirt, I realize there's no reason for Thane to not just have some kind of rebreather that dehumidifies the air for him.

The problem isn't just the humidity on floating squid world 76 its that his body isn't designed for moisture in the air at all. I figure if they used a rebreathter keprals would just manifest elsewhere

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    whoo taky's back

i rather love that the demo has adjustable difficulty and stuff

i can get used to insanity etc. before release and chow down on tasty foes on march 6th

TUESDAY.

TUESDAY IT BEGINS.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    nooooo way am i starting insanity

maybe hardcore if i can get the hang of how the game plays now

that's a big maybe

also it is done, i just wrapped up the last two n7 missions on my canon shep

i'm glad the claymore and i kissed and made up before the end

we had a rocky relationship

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote:
    I don't think that DICE actually did the sounds
    they just did advice and tech swapping with Bioware

"Okay, so here's how you make your guns sound MEAN AS FUCK"

I think there's more bass in the ME3 demo than there is in all of ME1.

What?! Why haven't I played the demo yet?!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote:

You know there's actually a tower of Hanoi boss in SWTOR :P

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Kainy wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Bliss 101 wrote:
    Well shit, seeing the new screenshots of Kaiden make me regret that he is dead.

Hopefully Ashley is a bit less of a nazi this time around.
    yeah kinda wish my main shep had kaidan instead of ashley

hells of late for that though

I'm fine with Ashley warming a bench on the Normandy instead of Kaidan.

Kaidan had to heroically die so that I wouldn't accidentally romance him (which I had started to, given that it was my first playthrough ever).

Gives that planet all kinds of dramatic tension and shit.

My shep's heart died with Kaiden too (at least until she suddenly fell for Garrus). I just wanted to hold on to my girl power trio of Ashley, Tali and adept-Femshep, just because they worked so well together.

Accidental romances seem to be pretty common in Bioware games. In Dragon Age my female mage tried desperately to romance Alistair, then happened to compliment Leliana's hair or something and suddenly found herself in a lesbian relationship.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i've been watching vanguard demo videos

from what i can see, charge does variable damage based on how far away from your target you are

short charges do less damage, long charges do HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HIS ENTIRE HEALTH BAR

i foresee a future of cross-battlefield flanking maneuvers

"i need to pick off that guy on the left. TIME TO HEAD RIGHT"

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:
    Orca wrote:
    Man, just restarted Mass Effect for the umpteenth time, and the first time in probably a year.

The opening sequence still gives me goosebumps.

"I hate that guy."

Best line of the entire series.

My favorite line is the renegade one when you try to get Mordin. "Why can't anyone ever say 'Sure, let's go! No strings attached!'"

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    Orca wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:
    Orca wrote:
    Man, just restarted Mass Effect for the umpteenth time, and the first time in probably a year.

The opening sequence still gives me goosebumps.

"I hate that guy."

Best line of the entire series.

My favorite line is the renegade one when you try to get Mordin. "Why can't anyone ever say 'Sure, let's go! No strings attached!'"

In all honesty I can't pick a best line. There's a ton of cornball lines that are silly or just don't make sense (Anderson, why would you bring up my vision? I told you not to talk about it you bastard!), but there's also tons of great dialog, particularly in the second game.

My favorite line/dialog however doesn't come from one of the main characters, but from a vid screen you see on Tali's loyalty mission: the one where the geth are cutting the door open while a quarian leaves a message behind for her child (children?). The writing, acting, and pacing are absolutely chilling.

edited February 2012
    "Tell your assassin to aim for her head. Because she doesn't have a heart."

Elendil on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote:

You know there's actually a tower of Hanoi boss in SWTOR :P

I was just about to mention this.

I have Towers of Hanoi memorized (since I was a kid), but I'm a tank so I'm not the one doing the puzzle part of that boss.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    The Tali trial speech as a paragon also gave me nerd chills the first time I heard it.

Goddamn I love me some Jennifer Hale.

Shep-speeches are the best

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    The Tali trial speech as a paragon also gave me nerd chills the first time I heard it.

Goddamn I love me some Jennifer Hale.

Ha ha, yes indeed.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    renegade tali speech

just fucking walking out of there, deal with it

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
    I liked on my last playthrough when I was talking about how Tali would never bring active Geth into the fleet.

Um, also don't mind my robot man over there with the flashlight for a head.

ChaosHat wrote:
    I liked on my last playthrough when I was talking about how Tali would never bring active Geth into the fleet.

Um, also don't mind my robot man over there with the flashlight for a head.

That's not Tali who brought Legion, that's Shepard

...who's there at Tali's request. Shhhh.

It's a super dick move. It should be like a bajillion renegade points.

"Hey Tali I know you're on trial for bringing Geth into the fleet but I'm going to bring Legion even though there's no way he could be helpful at all to proving your innocence and will probably just damage your case further. At least AI Hacking will be useful for clearing out the Geth that I don't know about yet!"

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    takyris wrote:
    Re: cloaking: they fire at where you were, and at nearby allies. They can also hear you if you get too close to them, so only move close of you're going in to kill.

Also posting here again until someone pisses me off.

Can you autograph a first edition copy of Deception for me Taky? I hear they'll be quite rare soon. :3

Kidding, good to see back man. Thanks for all your hard work, looks like it's gonna pay off.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    As a status update, It now works! I can have my canon playthroughs properly! hurrah!

Does it work narratively if all the DLC is at the end?

Fencingsax on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    With Arrival? Yes, absolutely. Shadow Broker fits anywhere, but save the final visit with Liara on the Normandy for post game.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • ArthArth Registered User regular
    Okay, so I'm finishing up the ME2 DLC on my Paragon/Renegade MaleShep runs. And I totally forgot that I did not recruit Kasumi or Tali because I ran out of time when the final mission countdown hit.

Now I can't decide if I should ignore picking them up or not. Also, I totally forgot how badly my suicide mission went. Miranda, Thane, Legion, Grunt, Mordin, and Jack are all dead.

Artheleron.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    It's a super dick move. It should be like a bajillion renegade points.

"Hey Tali I know you're on trial for bringing Geth into the fleet but I'm going to bring Legion even though there's no way he could be helpful at all to proving your innocence and will probably just damage your case further. At least AI Hacking will be useful for clearing out the Geth that I don't know about yet!"

Only saved by Legion's total disinterest in everything but Shepard's sculpted behind in that mission. Close call there.

Shadowbroker post-game is the best. You don't get all the possible rewards, but who gives a damn.

It's even better if you lose someone.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Overlord is self-contained. Shadow Broker and Arrival adjust based on whether it's before or after the suicide mission, and Arrival especially fits better if it's after. Recruiting Kasumi after the mission you're hiring her for might be kind of odd, but I can't remember if that's mentioned.

s7Imn5J.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I like to do Kasumi/Zaeed in the inital wave of recruits, Overlord before Horizon, Shadow Broker right after Horizon, and Arrival right before the Suicide Mission

PNk1Ml4.png
    I did Kasumi/Zaeed/Overlord/Firewalker all before Horizon, Shadow Broker right before the Ship, and Arrival right after the suicide mission.

the shadow broker pre-suicide mission dialogue is fine, you don't need to wait on it unless you've already done it before and want new dialogue

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    i've been watching vanguard demo videos

from what i can see, charge does variable damage based on how far away from your target you are

short charges do less damage, long charges do HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HIS ENTIRE HEALTH BAR

i foresee a future of cross-battlefield flanking maneuvers

"i need to pick off that guy on the left. TIME TO HEAD RIGHT"

...That's awesome. Oh man...I can't wait to play Vanguard pinball.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I heard Overlord wasn't really worth it, but -Tal's explanation looks best. Excellent.