As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre PAX 06 Dinner Survey Now Available!

AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
edited July 2006 in PAX Archive
Hi there! I'm helping Moe_Fwacky out by coordinating the Pre PAX 06 Dinner (I'm sure the movie will work itself out) on Thursday, August 24th 2006. It's kinda detailed, but I want to make this event as fun for everyone as I possibly can, so I err on the side of too much rather than too little. Meh.

Please stop by this site to fill out the survey if you know you're coming or even if you're just thinking about it:
http://www.geocities.com/electric_koolaid_acid_trip/prepax06dinnersurvey.html

Yeah, I know it's hosted on Geocities. So sue me. :P Anyways, have a great Friday! :twisted:

-=Astayonix=-
http://www.n37radio.com
Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
Astayonix on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Needs more P.F. Chang's.

And Rock Bottom.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    And Chantanee. I filled out the form.

Doc on
  • Options
    EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    filled it out. hopefully its a long event cause I dont get in until 10:30 in Thursday night and would love to be able to attend....of course I dont expect it to be pushed back or prolonged unless there are a fair amount of people that wont be in the area until then as well...

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    As I recall, the Supertrip usually gets in between 4:00 and 5:30, depending on road conditions on the 5 and 405. The movie will probably start at 7:30 and 10:30, so all things being awesome (and they always are), we should plan to invade a restaurant sometime around 6:30, eat, return to the hotel, and lounge around/game 'til ten or so, when we pile into the cars again and wreck havoc upon the unsuspecting theatregoing public.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    And Rock Bottom.

Bongo on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Bongo wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    And Rock Bottom.

wwedigital-21.jpg

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    ZartanZartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Whoo for havoc wreaking, I'm in as are the guys comin with me especially for teh dinner

Zartan on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I filled it out.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    the doughthe dough Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I just went for the Thai place because it was under $10 and Asian.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Doc is only one post away from that magical number? I suggest that after your next post, Doc, you create a new account so as not to disturb the infinite beauty of attaining that number of posts.

the dough on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    the dough wrote:
    I just went for the Thai place because it was under $10 and Asian.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Doc is only one post away from that magical number? I suggest that after your next post, Doc, you create a new account so as not to disturb the infinite beauty of attaining that number of posts.

lolz

Legacy on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I filled it out.

I just don't like asian food at all. What's so great about it anyway?

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, why not just have it somewhere that has burgers and stuff like that? It's a tad more neutral.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I just looked at the venu listing, and you basically picked all of the dirt cheap less than mediocre places to eat around here. Like Sam's, that is the hotel restuarant at the Sheraton. I've never seen anyone there.

Your list should read more like this-

Taphouse Grill
    The Rock Bottom
    Magianno's Little Italy
    P.F. Chang's
    Paglliacci's Pizza (gourmet pizza place)
    Daniel's Broiler
    McCormick & Schmick’s
    Manzana Rotisserie Grill
    The Parlor Billiards & Spirits
    The Cheesecake Factory

Weaver on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    What the Pho is about 2 blocks from Meydenbaur, very cheap, and absolutely delicious.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    What the Pho is about 2 blocks from Meydenbaur, very cheap, and absolutely delicious.

Fiancee & I went there yesterday, they gave me the wrong order, I ordered Pho Ga(the chicken one) and instead I got tripe, tendon and beef flank with hair in it. Also the sprouts were wilted and the lime wedge was almost non-existant.

However Kohona Mongolian Grill is only three blocks away.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I already listed my reasons for posting the selections that I did on the survey website: proximity to Bellevue hotels (for those with limited transportation options) and being concious of the price for those who want to attend, but don't have fat wallets by the time they pay for transportation to and from PAX, hotel, PAX itself, and other incidentals.

AS MENTIONED BEFORE: If there's something you want to see on the list that isn't there (and you're planning on going) fill out the survey and write in what you want. If you have no intention of going period, don't fill out the survey. Other than that, go to it. :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    i can't really spend more than 12 bucks on dinner. . .wow 12 bucks . . .that is actually kind of expensive for me . . . i guess i'd better start saving now

edit: i may have to cancel the order I placed at amazon.com for advent children

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Hey I know nobody wants to listen to me seeing as how I live and work in downtown Bellevue, but for the type of money you people are looking to spend the best thing you could do is choose somebodies hotel room, consolidate your money, and order several pizzas from Pagliacci's. It is a gourmet pizza parlor that makes some really awesome pies. My favorite is the Spinach & Chicken:
    Spinach and Chicken
    Chicken, mushrooms and mozzarella cover an olive oil base seasoned with minced garlic and zesty red chili pepper flakes, finished with fresh spinach

This would allow you all to maximize your money and dinning experience.
    http://www.pagliacci.com/index.shtml

And no I don't work there.

Otherwise you are all going to end up eating cheap Mexican or fast food burgers. The cheapest sit-down burger place around here starts at $11-$16 a plate. Sorry to sound like an eletist ass but I'm trying to help you guys have a decent dinner experience instead of eating the same types of food you have back at your home towns. I mean seriously, everyone has cheap terriyaki and drive-thru burgers.

Weaver on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Everywhere has cheap teriyaki? Weaver, you've been living in the Pacific Northwest too long...

Hell, people from some parts of the East haven't even gotten the hugeass-burritos fad of 1997 yet.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Yeah...

I say that for all the easterners, we organize a sushi outing. It'd be a good introduction to westcoast culture, and delicious at the same time. Although, last time I did this with a prairie kid (hai Pola ^^) he ate himself sick, so that might be an unwanted side-effect.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    i'm showing up early this year cuz i want to hang out with some people before hand
    and get really really drunk at rock bottom with weaver

futility on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    futility wrote:
    i'm showing up early this year cuz i want to hang out with some people before hand

Don't you show up early every year?

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I've been getting a couple write-ins for Benihana of Tokyo in Downtown Seattle. Sushi, steaks, drinks, pineapple boats :wink: How does that sound to people? They seem to be open late as well, and it's an all around kickass establishment.

http://www.benihana.com/locator_detail.asp?id=80

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    futility wrote:

Don't you show up early every year?

no I show up on friday morning every year
    this year I booked my hotel for thursday too

futility on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    futility wrote:

This is a noble goal.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Final bump for the Pre-PAX dinner! Thank you to all of you who have participated! In case some of you stragglers still want to vote ;), you are more than welcome to. I am going to close the survey on the 15th of July:

http://www.geocities.com/electric_koolaid_acid_trip/prepax06dinnersurvey.html

Fill out the survey. Add-ins are welcome, and ALL surveys are counted in the final decision. The winning location will be announced on Monday the 17th of July. Thanks you guys! I hope to toast with all of you to ring in PAX 06 :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    hey weaver/futility soulfury and I will be there early too.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Dude grath PM me your AIM or cell# or whatever

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    The US legal drinking age is the definition of retarded. You can drive a tank by the time you're 20, but can't legally get drunk before/during and/or after.

Trillian on

• Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    The US legal drinking age is the definition of retarded. You can drive a tank by the time you're 20, but can't legally get drunk before/during and/or after.

Wait...what? So you want people to drive tanks and be drunk during?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    derp

Grath on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Trillian wrote:

Wait...what? So you want people to drive tanks and be drunk during?

*shrugs* maybe not at the same time...but there are exceptions to every rule

Trillian on

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Grath wrote:
    derp

aderp

Legacy on
This discussion has been closed.