As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    To everyone concerned about too long cooldowns:

"PatrickWeekes:
    Tried Infiltrator with Tempest and Scoped Carnifex instead of Sniper Rifle. Interesting, VERY fast cooldowns."

And that's with two weapons instead of just a pistol.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Variable damage charge

totally going to grab the Widow and charge across the entire battlefield to wave my antitank gun in someone's face

if it's not satisfying, the concept is still satisfying

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    To everyone concerned about too long cooldowns:

"PatrickWeekes:
    Tried Infiltrator with Tempest and Scoped Carnifex instead of Sniper Rifle. Interesting, VERY fast cooldowns."

And that's with two weapons instead of just a pistol.

yep this sounds good to me. it seems like pistols have a lot of variety in this game and could easily substitute for heavier guns.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wait...I'm not sure...but I believe that charging into enemies affected by pull/singularity now causes warp explosions.

On to further testing.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I loved how pull/charge turned enemies into human/alien pinballs in ME2.

Now you're telling me they may explode?

• Options
    So I had my mother watch the ME3 trailers (Big Ben followed by Femshep).

Her reaction? "I want to watch that movie"

:D

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yep. Charging people affected by pull/singularity(only tested sing but I'm guessing it goes for both) now causes warp explosions.

I'm not sure if you need the area charge move for that or not though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Wait...I'm not sure...but I believe that charging into enemies affected by pull/singularity now causes warp explosions.

On to further testing.
    that's what i saw in the demo, yeah.

fucking awesome.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Yep. Charging people affected by pull/singularity(only tested sing but I'm guessing it goes for both) now causes warp explosions.

I'm not sure if you need the area charge move for that or not though.
    jesus h christ

that

that actually seems a little excessive

• Options
    Also...I love Vanguard rank 6 mutation.

"Charge has a 25% chance of having no cooldown"

...Yes, please.

• Options
    This just in, Vanguard is the best class of ME1, ME2, and ME3.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote:

...Yes, please.
    i think i'd go for the extra barrier

i'd rather something pretty good 100% of the time than something awesome 25% of the time

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    This just in, Vanguard is the best class of ME1, ME2, and ME3.

oh MAN

this is going to be amazing

pull target > area charge > shotgun > nova > heavy melee > charge

UNSTOPPABLE

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:

...Yes, please.
    i think i'd go for the extra barrier

i'd rather something pretty good 100% of the time than something awesome 25% of the time

also, I'd get so used to the timing 75% of the time that the no cooldown would probably just throw me off. I mean you never just charge and charge, you charge and shoot which pretty much covers the cooldown.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Yeah, both abilities are good so I guess it just depends on how you play.

That being said be able to customize your powers from level 4 to 6 is awesome.

Like with charge you can get the better parts of heavy charge and the better parts of area charge and put them into the same ability.

Same with the other classes.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote:
    ^^^ Someone said Taky was lying about stuff

so you know guys just treat people nicely and then shit doesn't happen

In fairness that guy was new and I'm pretty sure hasn't been around since

<3 Takyris

• Options
    throwing nova into the mix is going to be so damn crazy

especially with area charge, which doesn't seem to have any of the downsides that it did in ME2; charge seems to have the slowdown by default

and with unshielded/unarmored enemies even on ME3 insanity

SHIT IS GOING DOWN

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    Oh wait...I just thought about it.

With the instant recharge charge you basically get a "free" nova.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Oh wait...I just thought about it.

With the instant recharge charge you basically get a "free" nova.

nova PLUS charge

but see what i'm thinking about is if charge only recharges 50% of your shields by default, you'd essentially double your nova damage by maxing out the extra 50% shield recharge on charge.

charge.
    charge.

good god, clustered enemies are in for a HORRIBLE SURPRISE.

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

UNSTOPPABLE

Man I'm not sure you're even going to have any immediate targets left by the melee step. It'll just be Shepard looking vexed in the midst of a field of corpses.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012

UNSTOPPABLE

Man I'm not sure you're even going to have any immediate targets left by the melee step. It'll just be Shepard looking vexed in the midst of a field of corpses.

but if we DO

holy crap

-200% recharge rate on Charge after killing somebody with heavy melee

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options

UNSTOPPABLE

Shepard needs to call out "NEXT!" whenever she finishes a charge and there are no more enemies around her.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Biotic chainsaw bayonet?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    And think about it...people with ME2 saves start out level 30 which I'm guessing will still be around 50 skill points in ME3.

And what it's 20 points to max and ability(not to mention the free points you get).

So you could start out with fitness and charge maxed. Throw a few points into nova and/or incendiary too. Don't forget your specializiation bonuses.

Oh man this is going to be crazy.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    it's a good thing enemies are a lot smarter in ME3 on insanity.

cause shepard just grew FANGS.

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    i wonder how badly taking the revenant and claymore will bork cooldowns

• Options
    Pretty badly it sounds like.

• Options
    And I agree with Renegade. Engineer Sentry isn't as good as their combat drone. It's rate of fire is just too slow.

That being said you can have the combat drone and the sentry on the field at the same time. Making for fun times. They both also have a ridiculous low cooldown.

• Options
    Does the sentry draw aggro like the drone? Nobody actually uses the drone for damage.

• Options
    If you max drone and sentry engyShep should just be able to summon an actual tank instead.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If you max drone and sentry engyShep should just be able to summon an actual tank instead.

It'll summon the Hammerhead.

Which will explode in two shots.

After firing half a dozen homing missiles that miss, because they were homing on the guy 30 feet away off to the left while the tank was aiming at the Armature a mile away.

Orca on
  • Options
    Nah, it'll summon the Mako. Which will move about a meter before being stuck on terrain not friendly to British tour buses.

So, in other words, heavy stationary turret.

• Options
    I hope someone edits the game to let engies call in the Normandy airstrike sequence anywhere.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Does the sentry draw aggro like the drone? Nobody actually uses the drone for damage.

I haven't played the demo and don't know anything about it. Can you level abilites? Because there's an evolution of the drone that has a rocket launcher. The turret can also get a rocket launcher - or a flamethrower. That might add quite a bit to the damage, plus they won't get taken down as easily at longer ranges and with more health, both from their talents and the engineer talent which adds shields and health to them.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Synthesis wrote:
    Nah, it'll summon the Mako. Which will move about a meter before being stuck on terrain not friendly to British tour buses.

If I can hop into it, I'm rolling Engineer.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Elendil wrote:

I haven't played the demo and don't know anything about it. Can you level abilites? Because there's an evolution of the drone that has a rocket launcher. The turret can also get a rocket launcher - or a flamethrower. That might add quite a bit to the damage, plus they won't get taken down as easily at longer ranges and with more health, both from their talents and the engineer talent which adds shields and health to them.

Actually, the rocket does quite a bit of damage. But both of them get it.

Not to mention pretty much all of Engineer's other powers have been buffed. So, probably going to be a tough choice.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Elendil wrote:

The internet said the flamethrower upgrade was pretty good so I tried that last night

and yeah it does a good amount of damage if the enemy is unshielded and it stuns them, the problem is one of the other enemies notices and kills the turret really quick. While I was playing is hardly ever lasted long enough to get more than one burst of flame off

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    Orca wrote:
    Synthesis wrote:

If I can hop into it, I'm rolling Engineer.

Doubles as a (soft) bunker.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Also, now tech armor boosts damage protection instead of shields.

Makes sense since it doesn't get destroyed anymore.

But it increases your cooldowns by 80%(level 6 lets you decrease that number to 50%).

So running light with a Sen would probably be a good idea.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Awww, no more running around as invincible man?