As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

1909192939496»

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I was not a fan of new tech armor.

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Yeah neither, What I have heard is that once you trigger the detonation effect then it starts the really long tech armour cooldown which makes it sound really unappealing in the middle of combat

I will try it properly later today

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote:
    Awww, no more running around as invincible man?

Actually, I would say that's been buffed.

Sentinel tech armor recharge time is way lower than it was in ME2 and you still get the explosion when you deactivate it. So deactivating and reactivating it looks like it will be very effective.

Dragkonias on
    Or maybe it is good, wouldn't be the first time bsn was wrong

I look forward to trying it anyway

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    In the pistol section tech armor's recharge is only like 3.8 seconds(compared to say vanguard's charge being 3.3).

So I would say with light weaponry it will be pretty strong.

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    I think it might be good on lower difficulty levels, but running into guys and detonating the armor seemed like a very risky proposition on Insanity. I've never really played a Sentinel though, so I could just be doing it wrong.

I think Infiltrator's tac cloak might have ruined me for other classes...I'm a little too used to constant repositioning/easy flanking

The detonation explosion is tiny compared to what it was in ME2, too. Like, a fraction of the size.

Hmm...it also looks like tech armor doesn't knock down anymore, just stuns.

• SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    OK guys you were right Biotic Charge is the best thing ever. The fight with the Shadow Broker goes waaaaay better and more awesome once you realize Charge gets him to move away that stupid shield from in front of him. It's also infinitely better than standing behind cover and taking potshots between waiting for your shields to come back.

I do kinda regret doing my Vanguard playthrough first; I have my doubts the other classes can possibly be this much fun.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    SkyEye wrote:
    OK guys you were right Biotic Charge is the best thing ever. The fight with the Shadow Broker goes waaaaay better and more awesome once you realize Charge gets him to move away that stupid shield from in front of him. It's also infinitely better than standing behind cover and taking potshots between waiting for your shields to come back.

I do kinda regret doing my Vanguard playthrough first; I have my doubts the other classes can possibly be this much fun.
    charge is the solution to every problem

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    SkyEye wrote:

They are if you try to play all of them like a vanguard

Running around with energy drain and a shotgun while setting up warp bombs everywhere as an adept was fun

So was infiltrator with a shotgun

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Sentinel with a shotgun is about as much fun as you can have without being a Vanguard.

Also running up invisibly and then shotgunning people is pretty fantastic.

Also it does seem like you will actually be able to boost Engineer's drone/turret shields to crazy levels.

Rank 6: Increase Combat Drone and Sentry Turret’s shields by 100%. Increase Combat Drone and Sentry Turret’s damage by 50% OR Increase power damage bonus by 25%. Increase power duration by 25%.

I would probably go with the damage bonus but yeah, with that you're looking at around up to 1500 points of shielding for turret/drone.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I've heard there's a different animation for heavy melee if you're sprinting while attacking, can anyone confirm?

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Finally got around to beating Overlord and Arrival, pretty incredible missions (though lacking due to no voice work). Object Rho Insanity Vanguard is just as fun as you all made out.

Hype levels sufficiently maxed for ME3, can't wait!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I've heard there's a different animation for heavy melee if you're sprinting while attacking, can anyone confirm?

I am seeing no difference

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited February 2012
    Also for anyone interested apparently from what I gathered off BSN the formula for measuring cooldown bonus/penalty is

Base Cooldown/(1+CD bonus)

So if you say had something with 4 cooldown and you had a 50% weight bonus that would be like

4/(1.5) = 2.7 seconds

on the flipside I'm thinking if you have a 50% penalty it would be

4/(.5) = 8 seconds.

That's just me guessing on the second part though.

Dragkonias on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I must be the only one who can't get the Facebook thing to work. I have Batarian's luck.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Unless Vangod Shep yells out "show me your moves" before punching, I may be disappointed.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited February 2012
    Also another thing for cooldown look at this video(timestamp 37-40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4L8NOHSC9ww#t=58s

Assault rifle+pistol combo had a -30 cooldown. AR+Pistol+Sniper Rifle had a +40

That being said it was a pretty heavy SR.

Edit: Oh wait. The AR/SR in the second shot is different than the one in the first. That AR looks like it might be a heavy one too.

So I'm guessing that the Mattock is probably also a high weight AR.

Dragkonias on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Also switched from the Vindicator to one of the new ARs, which looks pretty heavy.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited February 2012
    Really, I see no point for any character(soldier included) to carry more than 3 weapons.

Also, Heavy weapons aren't even on there so I guess they're "free".

Dragkonias on
    ...what's the deal with the viper fire rate

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The Mattock seemed to have really low damage by stats, as well, but I've heard reports that it's still one of the best choices (at least initially), so I'm not sure how much these pre-release stat shots are worth.

Also, how did I not notice we have a throw gun now?
    M-51 Havoc
    Heavy-weapon that slams enemies with kinetic energy blasts.
    A mass-accelerator heavy weapon, the Havoc projects large, concentrated bursts of kinetic energy that slam into groups of enemies, flinging them across the battlefield. Recently created by the Alliance, this experimental gun is popular with resistance forces on Earth: the Havoc's burst effect means a single soldier can fend off entire crowds with judiciously-timed shots.

s7Imn5J.png
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    So I read that many fewer enemy types have defenses, even on Hardcore/Insanity. Do defenseless enemies still go flying when you charge them? That would be sort of annoying.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    M-51 Havoc
    A mass-accelerator heavy weapon, the Havoc projects large, concentrated bursts of kinetic energy that slam into groups of enemies, flinging them across the battlefield. Recently created by the Alliance, this experimental gun is popular with resistance forces on Earth: the Havoc's burst effect means a single soldier can fend off entire crowds with judiciously-timed shots.

Gordon Freeman is obviously getting involved this time.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    A mass accelerator that fires energy blasts?

Clearly, the magic of mass effect fields.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    htm wrote:
    So I read that many fewer enemy types have defenses, even on Hardcore/Insanity. Do defenseless enemies still go flying when you charge them? That would be sort of annoying.

not on the demo level with cliffs literally everywhere

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    M-51 Havoc

Gordon Freeman is obviously getting involved this time.

Nope, not with a 3 in the title.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Elendil wrote:
    ...what's the deal with the viper fire rate

if your playing infiltrator, the fire rate can be a little weird due to your slow motion scoping.

I can usually get 2 slow motion shots off, then feather the trigger and spend the rest of the clip in another couple seconds.
    I know its shots are not as powerful as other sniper rifles, but the amount of ammo provided and 12 shots per clip are trade offs I like.

Plus, if you land all 12 rounds on a heavily armored target like a geth armature or shield stripped ymir bot, its pretty withering. Even more so if your good like me to land headshots on those targets 9 or 10 times out of a clip.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Gonna be time for that new thread smell soon.

I prefer the Widow rifle myself. Especially when you get a point blank, no scope kill with it.

So wait...do the people who got early SP demo access also get early MP access?

• SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    OK someone make a new thread or I will, then title it "[Mass Effect 3]: Just another ME2 third-person shooter?"

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular