As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Avengers] Go see it May 4th in the US! And...way earlier almost everywhere else

ToxTox I kill threadshe/himRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
tumblr_m0fgks5erI1qeqx7ko1_1280.jpg

So this guy:
thor-loki2.jpg

Is once again up to no good, only now he's trying to start some shit here on Earth.

So this guy
untitled-1-1327694703.jpg

Decided to do something about it

First he got this guy
SHIELD-Agent-Coulson-Clark-Gregg-wide-560x282.jpg

to try to talk some sense into this guy
Avengers04Gb290711.jpg

Who tried to calm this guy down
mark-ruffalo-the-avengers.jpg

And this girl
black-widow-avengers.jpg

kicked all kinds of ass.

Meanwhile this guy
Hawkeye_avengers_movie.JPG

almost shot this guy
avengers-thor-marvel.jpg

But then this guy thawed out
113629_369781_4.jpg

So they all decided to get together and do something about it
http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/avengers-superbowl-trailer-1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsu3sbWnAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-saFvkNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOrNdBpGMv8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY9DnBNJFTI

Oh, and of course, the best trailer to date:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4CW6jzVuRs

Discuss

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
Tox on

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    That was a horrible last post, Anti.

I want you to know, as a friend, that I did not approve.

Also I like Bendis' writing.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    i got the last word in i am vindicated
    Nope!

CYpGAPn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Antimatter wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoJV4NLxqg

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    changed anti's name to vindicated

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    OP lacks actual Avengers trailer

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I appreciate Bendis talking heads sometimes

Notably in Powers, where what he is trying to do is readily apparent

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Olivaw wrote:
    I appreciate Bendis talking heads sometimes

Notably in Powers, where what he is trying to do is readily apparent
    Yeah talking heads are not inherently bad

it is just that Bendis sometimes overuses them and it gets really annoying. It was really bad during Fear Itself.

The only other comment that is actually a legit problem he has as opposed to personal taste is that he doesn't pay attention to characters' past histories sometimes. He wrote 616 Carnage like Ultimate Carnage in New Avengers, for example. But he has gotten better about that in the past few years.

CYpGAPn.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    so Black Widow looks like she's about to shoot Hawkeye in the OP

edited February 2012
    I am willing to admit that Bendis' talking heads stuff in Avengers during the Fear Itself tie-ins sucked

Solar on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    I am

so excited

CYpGAPn.png
    4 months ago

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited February 2012
    whoa when did that second one come out

wait that was old but i forgot about it

Antimatter on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'll give you that Bendis doesn't take into account others continuity when he writes stuff but I still like most of his work.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    wirehead26 wrote:
    I'll give you that Bendis doesn't take into account others continuity when he writes stuff but I still like most of his work.
    He is better about it now!

sometimes it is a conscious decision though. His Moon Knight is different from the previous volumes of modern Moon Knight because he didn't want to write the same old I AM INSANE AND TORMENTED RAAARGH Moon Knight.

It is like getting mad at Mark Waid for writing Daredevil happy and care free. Sometimes characters should have a new direction tried out.

CYpGAPn.png
    except that Waid is a talented writer

Yet again Anti

you not liking something does not make it terrible, stop being a butt

CYpGAPn.png
    Yeah I mean I have all the Moon Knight stuff from the last series

And the Vengeance of the Moon Knight series after that

And I love it all, really

But even though Bendis is kind of doing a lot of different stuff with the character I don't mind because a) it is nice to see new things and b) actually during his recent stories MK threw off Khonshu's influence and went his own way. So it does make sense all of the Khonshu stuff is not in the new series, even though I liked it because it was all Ancient Egypt and mythology and stuff which I appreciate.

Also Echo is in the new series which is cool, and the two flirt and kind of like each other which is fun.
    Again, if she is actually dead I will have to smack a bitch

I am flawless

edited February 2012
    Hey you know when Moon Knight was extra-special cool with a side order of stylin'

When he wore that white tux and mask combo in Secret Avengers

Solar on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuudge I forgot how cool that other trailer is. That shot of Cap just going buck wild with the machine gun, his face all "FUCK IT THIS BETTER WORK 'CAUSE I GOT NOTHING ELSE" is priceless.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
    Damn straight.

Also Anti just yesterday you told me how you read that issue of ASM and you were like "okay Slott is actually a talented writer" after you constantly called him terrible

so

y'know

CYpGAPn.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    My input is as follows:
    I really like the idea of an Avengers movie. I wish it had even more guys, but that would be excessive, and the licensing stuff is cruel

Mainly, I hope this movie is really long, like 3 hours. Otherwise, with so many main characters, it's going to feel rushed and disjointed. Then again, I wish all movies were 4 hours long. Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies spoiled me.

Looking forward to it. I went too long without watching Iron Man, not realizing how fun it was.

I was so mad when Spidey lost his Spidey-sense in ASM recently

I was all like FUCK YOU SLOTT YOU PIECE OF SHIT HACK

Turns out that his Spider-Man is actually really, really good and I am just a terrible fanboy
    Also when he gets it back and uses it with Spider-Kung-Fu it is so great

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    After looking at Blank's av and sig, I can't help but think of Cap going, "At this point, I doubt anything would surprise me."

Then a steam pipe explodes.

"STEAAAAAAAM!"

b1ehrMM.gif
    Well if Hickman is going on Avengers after Bendis

well

I like Bendis

But he can't leave fast enough

Blankzilla wrote:
    Damn straight.

Also Anti just yesterday you told me how you read that issue of ASM and you were like "okay Slott is actually a talented writer" after you constantly called him terrible

so

y'know

i can't recall actually calling him bad ever actually! i didn't like what he was writing about. if I did call HIM bad I was mistaken, and it was a foolish thing to say. I know I said that Wells could write good stories but I hated Shed.

Bendis, is just plain bad a good majority of the time. I am so glad that he isn't doing Avengers in the future.

rfilyaw wrote:
    My input is as follows:
    I really like the idea of an Avengers movie. I wish it had even more guys, but that would be excessive, and the licensing stuff is cruel

Mainly, I hope this movie is really long, like 3 hours. Otherwise, with so many main characters, it's going to feel rushed and disjointed. Then again, I wish all movies were 4 hours long. Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies spoiled me.

Looking forward to it. I went too long without watching Iron Man, not realizing how fun it was.
    It'll probably be 2 and a half hours

and it will have a much easier time juggling the characters since Hawkeye is the only new guy and he can be explained with "he is an expert marksman who works for SHIELD"

no need to do origins

CYpGAPn.png
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote:
    That was a horrible last post, Anti.

I want you to know, as a friend, that I did not approve.

Also I like Bendis' writing.

You like garbage.

Man Spex is you do not think that USM is good then I do not know what to say

I'm sorry, I guess

Antimatter wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Damn straight.

so

y'know

i can't recall actually calling him bad ever actually! i didn't like what he was writing about. if I did call HIM bad I was mistaken, and it was a foolish thing to say. I know I said that Wells could write good stories but I hated Shed.

Bendis, is just plain bad a good majority of the time. I am so glad that he isn't doing Avengers in the future.
    Yet again

I really don't think you have read enough of his work to say this.

Did you read Mighty Avengers? How about Avengers Prime? The Ultimate Enemy Trilogy? Civil War: The Confession? Any of his Daredevil run?

Dude has a fair share of bad stories, I am not arguing that, but he has a lot of great shit too.

CYpGAPn.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I doubt we're looking at 3 hours. The MCU movies are more episodic in nature, so it'll probably sit around the same length as the others have been. It shouldn't feel too disjointed once they're all together and working at SHIELD, but prior to that they still have some work to do. Thor's still in Asgard, Hulk's probably still in Canada, and Tony is still an unknown, since he may be playing nice with SHIELD by this point, but he may not.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Hawkeye and Black Widow show up. "Hey, we work for SHIELD."

Intro done.

b1ehrMM.gif
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Hawkeye and Black Widow show up. "Hey, we work for SHIELD."

Intro done.
    They don't even need to do Black Widow because of Iron Man 2

CYpGAPn.png
    rfilyaw wrote:
    My input is as follows:

Have you seen all 5 of the lead up movies, ronnie?

the ultimate enemy trilogy was shit
    and you know i've read some of his daredevil run, it was too dark, and i didn't like it
    confession was okay

If you really think Confession is just okay

you got problems

CYpGAPn.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    antimatter's posts on this subject, in summary:

2qx9do7.jpg

i have the solution

death to bendis's style of writing

This discussion has been closed.