As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Iron Brigade] - Fire Sale on Tube TVs

1101112131416»

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    Yup good games man, bit laggy but hey we still destroyed plenty of tubes.

Finally hit 20, but still a long way to go until I can afford the white tux, heh.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So no PS3 version? :(

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    anoffday wrote:

Microsoft published this game, so no. It's cousin is Dungeon Defenders, which is slower, but richer in content, and on Ps3, Get that instead.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    anoffday wrote:

Naw.

Algertman on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Just beat the story mode of vanilla iron brigade tonight. Then Immediately bought the dlc.

I need more loots

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    The new loots are totally awesome dude, open up so many tactical options and viable builds.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oh man I hadn't played this in a bit, but now I must.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    If you have the Martian Bear DLC, you can sign up for the Eddie Riggs items here until the 29th: http://ironbrigadegame.com/enlist.html

• Options
    SteevL wrote:
    If you have the Martian Bear DLC, you can sign up for the Eddie Riggs items here until the 29th: http://ironbrigadegame.com/enlist.html

Brutal! I signed up.

AirMech is going to stomp on Brutal Legend so hard. BL isn't the best Action RTS, just the best one on console.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Any cool new Chassis to be had? Or is all the loot new weapons?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options

I got some lvl 12 chassis I can't even equip yet :(

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I like how after I signed up it told me to log onto TRENCHED to get my stuff.

God Trenched was such a better name. Even my friends, who barely know anything about the game, call it Trenched.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I like how after I signed up it told me to log onto TRENCHED to get my stuff.

God Trenched was such a better name. Even my friends, who barely know anything about the game, call it Trenched.

Completely agree. Trenched felt like a quirky Double Fine name whereas Iron Brigade could be pretty much anything. For some reason I'm imaging a WW2 board game about tanks.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »

I got some lvl 12 chassis I can't even equip yet :(

The Brutal stuff is all cosmetic.

Rise of the Martian bear has new chassis, guns of every type, emplacements and cosmetic paint for yer mech, clobber for your marine.

Best DLC for a long, long time, it has completely changed the game in a lot of ways, the way the new weapons unlock new play possibilities, and the awesome new survival maps especially.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    And on Steam, according to that link! I'm excited.

• Options
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Ffff- So much awesome stuff coming out soon. Been holding out for this to hit PC for awhile.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Hope there are 4-packs!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    FYI it's GFWL

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    FYI it's GFWL

Has that been confirmed somewhere? I said I was worried about it being possible in the Steam thread, but I see nothing to indicate that it is in the press release.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    FYI it's GFWL

Has that been confirmed somewhere? I said I was worried about it being possible in the Steam thread, but I see nothing to indicate that it is in the press release.

The project lead of the game said it here:

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Makes sense, with the whole...MS/Windows thing.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Yeah, it's published by Microsoft.

• Options
    I was afraid of that. A shame. I've never had problems with GFWL myself, but I know it's a major deterrent for a lot of people because of the problems it can cause.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    FYI it's GFWL

The project lead of the game said it here:

Ouch. Poor Brad Muir. This game is his baby. :(

• Options
    coreyh2coreyh2 Registered User regular
    I just got this for PC. my steam and xbox live name are coreyh2. I'm interested in playing multiplayer. Playing random people was a bit laggy. I'm hoping it can work better. Single player is fun though.

deviantart steam Origin: crsntlvs
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Put an evening into this. Gets hectic pretty fast. The concept is fucking amazing: they could easily spend a year or two fleshing out the game and turning it into something bigger.

Between this, OMD and DD we're pretty spoiled for awesome hybrid tower defense rpgs this year :)

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Seeing the bright, bloomy, explody Brutal Legend Engine effects splattered all over my PC screen has me depressed we'll never see it on PC or Sacrifice 2. At least AirMech scratches that itch.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I've been having fun with it, as long as your actually in a game. It's much more frantic and there's definitely quite a bit of skill involved, with nonhitscan weapons (especially that slow artillery), enemies that require definite prioritization, really big influence of loadout (I stepped into one game thinking it was another map, and in a 2 man map I got about 23% of the kills :/). The humor also really adds some style (though I think that if all of you have done a map before, the cutscenes should be skippable)

My gwfl is SanderJKay

The matchmaking is bad though. Does it even consider anything? You get thrown in with random levels at random spots in the campaign, and there are some weird bugs. Mostly related to loading and people joining/leaving, but I'm not sure I've ever had to CAD out of a game as much as this. Basicly everytime someone joins or leaves while someone else is even in the neighbourhood of a loading screen, chances of it getting stuck are high.

A word of advice: Microphones run through GFWL, not the game itself. Press Home, then Settings, Voice to set it up. GFWL has no push to talk, so headphones only. I met one dude who had his mic on and basicly set up a 0.3s echo on all sound (That I could hear twice). He refused to adress the problem too. It directly uses your windows voice settings (once you config gwfl), so note that changing stuff in gwfl will change your settings in other games.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    GFWL also tends to ignore your mic settings. For a while mine was "on" even though the actual headset software claimed it was muted.

I've had a ton of odd crash bugs, strange lag, and my oddest was a crash loading another player's game. I started the game up again and had a completely different trench in my garage with a strange loadout.

• Options
    coreyh2coreyh2 Registered User regular
    Had more luck with multiplayer today. I've read in the steam forum there are some multiplayer bugs that cause lag over time. So thats was probably part of the problem. Hopefully that'll get fixed soon. Fun game though. I'm looking forward to getting through the campaign and trying survival.

deviantart steam Origin: crsntlvs
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's a bug or rewards are decreased when redoing a map but to test out new weapons I've been redoing the first campaign map and at the end when you get your cash awards and level up awards my money goes up to lets say 900$ but as soon as I get back on the ship it's back down to 500$. Anybody else experiencing this? I want to grind for loot and $$$ but this is just weird.

• Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    I was going to buy this until I saw the dirtiest 4 letter word.. GFWL. I got stuck with it on Red Faction: Guerrilla, which is one of my favorite games but I hardly ever play it anymore because GFWL is such a pita. Is it for sure on the steam version?

• Options
    For sure.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    This game, so awesome.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Iron Brigade and Martian Bear are 400 and 200 points right now. Or $10 on Steam.

Do it!

Renzo on