As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fire indeed hot.

1235»

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    i had a buddy with a potato cannon style gun with a laser-sight attached to it

it punched holes through thick wooden fences 'cus it fired 15lb blocks of cement, i remember shooting it across the river at night and watching trees shake where the laser was pointing

this same dude also was in a metalwork class where he learned to weld/work industrial metal and he used scrap there to make a panzershrek that really really worked

[edit] when i say river i am referring to literally this exact place
    falls-of-the-james-oblique.jpg

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Potato guns are rad

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, we're starting small scale right now. Somehow, I'm the only one to make it work properly. Either they spray way too much propellant into the chute, or something else goes wrong.

clowninthewoods.png
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    jeez, kochikens

can I ask what happened?

it wasn't cool

I stopped dropped and rolled before it could get to my skin.

no such thing as too much propellant with thick enough PVC

usually the issue is that it doesn't ignite right or there's a pinhole leak somewhere that makes filling shit with butane useless

also butane is the best accelerant for the purposes i think

reposig.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Also what the hell kind of gun do you have that launches a 15lb cement block

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fandyien wrote:
    no such thing as too much propellant with thick enough PVC

usually the issue is that it doesn't ignite right or there's a pinhole leak somewhere that makes filling shit with butane useless

also butane is the best accelerant for the purposes i think
    Small scale, with Pringle cans. What we've been using is aquanet.

clowninthewoods.png
    Artreus wrote:
    Also what the hell kind of gun do you have that launches a 15lb cement block

i mean i dunno where it is now, he moved off to college

but it was a big goddamn potato cannon

like i said we literally destroyed small wooden structures with it. the projectiles (we also used lead balls) would bury themselves like six inches deep in the dirt behind aforementioned structures, too

this dude literally had the bomb squad raid his shed when we were 17

reposig.jpg
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    american bacon is weird. i think you just burn the shit out of it until it's brittle and crunchy and all the meat is burnt away leaving only fat and salt? as a rule bacon should bend, not break

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    While I don't really care for the internet's bacon obsession. To be fair I don't really care for people who complain about the internet's bacon obsession.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I love a good potato gun. Fandy, that gun you made was 15 year old Tef's dream.

I got hit in the face by my own potato gun one time. We loaded it up and as we're about to set it off, the guy firing it thought it would be hilarious to point it at me and the FOOM right in the side of the head. Luckily, it wasn't a particularly powerful gun but it sure made my ear ring

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    crispy bacon 4 life

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote:
    crispy bacon 4 life

You a good person

JtgVX0H.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    I prefer bacon that is not just blackened crisp.

Also yeah I agree re: the internet taking bacon too far.

You can definitely have too much bacon.

It is good in lots of stuff though. Even by itself with a meal.

I really love spaghetti sans sauce with bacon and garlic in it

my mother has this bacon carbonara recipe that is absolutely incredible

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Bacon is decent but overplayed by the internet

like corgis

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    When I was a kid I was told not to play with matches, and I always thought, "Matches don't sound like much fun to play with. I have a Nintendo."

NES > matches

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    you made the wrong call.

fire is awesome. and there is a super mario port coming out for fire and it looks awesome.

• StingeStinge Registered User regular
    As much as I love bacon(and I do), French Fried Onions is the best thing ever. You know those little crispy onions that go on Green Bean Casserole? I put those on everything.

Burgers, ribs, pizza, breakfast cereal, pancakes, sammiches. Sometimes when I'm drunk I just sit there and eat them out of the can like they're potato chips. The only thing it doesn't taste good with is ice cream and candy. I can't explain why, but they are the best thing I've ever had.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    how much bacon i eat is proportional to how many eggs i am eating

6 eggs for breakfast? i'm probably eating a shit load of bacon

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I had a bacon maple bar at Voodoo doughnuts today in Portland before I got on the train back home.

Remarkably, it actually lived to to the hype.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    describe to me what that entails i'm pretty hungry

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    The bacon maple bar?

It's pretty simple.

Make some bacon.

Get some maple bars.

Consume the bacon and maple bars at the same time (put the bacon on the maple bars).

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    i hear a name like voodoo doughnuts i wanna know what the fuck else they got that's worth a shit

• existexist Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    voodoo doughnuts is a donut chain (2 in portland, 1 in eugene) in oregon that is wildly popular in portland and prides itself VERY much on being "quirky" and "weird" and stuff

they make some good donuts (like the ODB) but it isn't like the best place ever. a really tasty donut is still a donut, people overhype it.

the best thing about it is that it is 24 hour. the worst thing is that during summer-ish the line can be up to an hour wait.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
    Yep.

They have doughnuts covered in Froot Loops, on with marshmallows and chocolate sauce, etc. . .

They are pretty ridiculous.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    jeez, kochikens

can I ask what happened?

it wasn't cool

oh good

so long as you weren't hurt

• existexist Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    Yep.

They have doughnuts covered in Froot Loops, on with marshmallows and chocolate sauce, etc. . .

They are pretty ridiculous.

yeah some donuts are pretty shitty after you get past the novelty of it

like the cereal ones

turns out cereal gets stale pretty quick, sitting on top of a donut in the open

UmPiq.png
    The bacon maple bar was pretty much perfect.

Crunchy bacon on top of a soft maple bar.

Top it off with a half-pint of milk.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote:
    reading by a roaring fire is pretty much #1 in the funbook

Outside temperature must be at or below freezing, otherwise it's just too much. Thawing next to a roaring fire after galavanting in the snow is wonderful.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    jeez, kochikens

can I ask what happened?

it wasn't cool

oh good

so long as you weren't hurt

It happened on a girlguides camping trip

Be Prepared, motherfuckers

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I like

chewy bacon

haters form a line

I like my bacon crisp in the middle between "burnt to a crisp" and "chewy with no grilling marks".

Who wants to join me on the fence?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    chewy bacon is the only bacon i can stand

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Haha wow I'm a idiot. Good thing I didn't wake up to fire this morning!

Wake up a hour ago and I hear this clicking from the kitchen turns out I left a element on simmer all night.

Oops.jpg

icGJy2C.png
  • kilroydoskilroydos Registered User regular
    Karl wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I like

chewy bacon

haters form a line

I like my bacon crisp in the middle between "burnt to a crisp" and "chewy with no grilling marks".

Who wants to join me on the fence?

There is, in fact, a perfect medium between the two. I've found that it's mostly arrived at by baking your bacon on parchment paper. Starting from a cold oven, you put 6-8 pieces of thick sliced bacon on your parchment covered sheet pan. Turn the heat on to 375-400. It'll take 10-12 minutes for most ovens to start frying the bacon in the rendered fat. After that point, you check it every 2 minutes and you can rotate/flip your bacon to ensure even doneness. It should take about 20 minutes or so from start to finish, depending on your oven and how often you open the door. Take it off when the bacon still won't remain flat as you lift. If lifting from the middle, it should form a C shape, not a V. Drain on paper towel or brown paper, blot after it's cool enough to touch.

This will produce a bacon that is perfectly chewy, with a satisfying crunch on the fatty parts.

Or, you could just come to St Louis and eat at Uncle Bill's. They do it perfectly.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    american bacon is weird. i think you just burn the shit out of it until it's brittle and crunchy and all the meat is burnt away leaving only fat and salt? as a rule bacon should bend, not break

This is dumb. There's no reason you have to cook american bacon to a crisp. If you want to? Go for it. But it's silly to suggest that you have to. I love my bacon just slightly crisping but still mostly chewy.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    You gotta get rid of the fat on the bacon, so you just burn it until it's ashes and then eat the ashes

JtgVX0H.png
    the best bacon is the bacon that is wrapped around a dove breast stuffed with a jalapeno and cream cheese

The best bacon is wrapped around a stick of butter.

clowninthewoods.png