As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Magic-User 56 - Fuckin' Finally Can See Dead Kids. Wait, That Sounds Bad ...

EDIT: Worst TotP, or Worst TotP?

Elvenshae on
  • PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Magic User 56 - Spiritual Sense

Set Music - Outside the Caves

arkEX.png

F7bDD.pngA full night's sleep! And I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep with a werewolf shapeshifter! Now, what was I doing again?

To-Do:
    - Help the townspeople so they like me
    -- Gnome Jester - Baba Yaga stole sense of humor - Bonehead wants something to make him look better to allow us by
    -- Innkeeper Yuri - Lost a daughter, ran away, became vampire
    -- Nikolai - Lost wife Anna long ago in forest. She's a ghost now. Told him about Anna, and he went after her.
    -- Burgo - Promised nobody else would disappear from town
    -- Gypsies - Saved his life. Didn't even thank me. Gave me a fortune and a spell!
    - Fortune - Four influences on me
    -- Shrew from long ago - Baba Yaga - Will help me if I satisfy her...*shudder*
    -- Defeated man from the past - Ad Avis - Wants revenge, prevented from doing so...probably because he's dead
    -- Woman in the present - Kind and loving and trying to help me - Katrina?
    -- Woman in the present - Deceiver or deceived - Also Katrina? Probably good to know which is which.
    - Rituals of the Dark One:
    -- 1. Bone - Acquired at tombstone in swamp
    -- Second - Stone of Squids, revealed by light of Will o' Wisp
    -- Third - Hollow of the Hangman's Tree, guarded by the spirit there
    -- 4. Blood - Acquired in Monastery
    -- Fifth (Mouth) - In Great Arch under Dark One's Sign
    -- Sixth (Heart) - Given to Gregor - missing and likely dead, though
    - Something going down at Castle Borgov
    -- Katrina - Mysterious, magical, awesome...master? Dark Master?
    -- Tanya - vampiric child, ran away from Inn, cared for by Katrina
    -- The stranger (Adda Bees?) isn't well liked at all, by anyone
    - Find a way to get Erana's staff in front of town
    - How did I get here?
    - Who brought me here?
    - How in blazes can I get out of here?

F7bDD.pngMaybe I should check if Nikolai came back...and get breakfast!

kPlIS.png
    3AuAb.png
    3aSjB.png

F7bDD.pngOn to break...

lhCLr.png Nikolai has disappeared from his home. The last time I saw him, he said something about finding Anna. I fear he is dead. Nikolai has not been seen in some time. He seemed so happy when last I saw him. He really thought he was going to see Anna. Perhaps he did.

F7bDD.pngYeah, about that...I may have mentioned I saw a ghost in forest named Anna and he may have gone after her immediately, and I may have lost track of him after that...

oyhK3.png

lhCLr.png So that is why he was excited about Anna. He has gone to her, I guess. Maybe they will be together again. It is nice to believe so.

F7bDD.pngWow, you're taking this news surprisingly well. It seems I have underestimated you again, Burgo. For now, though, breakfast!

W8m2m.png

F7bDD.pngMmmm...garlic...so, you heard about Nikolai? At least your daughter isn't the latest thing to disappear from town anymore, am I right?

AEayq.png...

F7bDD.pngRight, I'll just let myself out again. Maybe I should check for Nikolai in the spot I saw Anna again. Although, I could use some stamina training with all this fucking running around I've been doing.

FVFbt.png

F7bDD.pngFuck yeah.

jRNSO.png

F7bDD.pngFeel the burn. Fighters, eat your hearts out! Anyway, where was I? Oh, right, look for Nikolai. At least it's close by.

tonYE.png

F7bDD.pngWell, shit. Maybe I'll ask Anna at night. Anything else to do now?

To-Do:
    -- Gnome Jester - Baba Yaga stole sense of humor - Bonehead wants something to make him look better to allow us by
    -- Innkeeper Yuri - Lost a daughter, ran away, became vampire
    -- Nikolai - Told him about Anna, and he went after her.
    -- Burgo - Promised nobody else would disappear from town
    -- Second - Stone of Squids, revealed by light of Will o' Wisp

F7bDD.pngLots of night time shit. Not so much in the day time. Could probably stand to grind up some magic ability, though, since that's been largely ignored lately...

7dmCl.png Flame Dart: 337
    VATuz.png Zap: 313
    jd01h.png Force Bolt: 305
    1uuwK.png Open: 280
    QoWTB.png Dazzle: 260
    9SYW7.png Trigger: 259
    MMQqX.png Fetch: 253
    NmrP1.png Calm: 252
    dRuRZ.png Lightning Ball: 243
    heOWH.png Detect Magic: 211
    hT4Su.png Reversal: 205
    P3iur.png Levitate: 204
    T5REU.png Frost Bite: 172
    nEL5h.png Juggling Lights: 152
    XLzbT.png Protection: 120
    Wk26j.png Glide: 106
    933pD.png Aura: 100

F7bDD.pngThere, that's better. Now, what time is it?

qvAm9.png

F7bDD.png...oh, shit. Whelp, can't save everybody, am I right?

FDQdo.png

MKqMk.pngNikolai! I have been trying to find you for so long...

qBXMZ.pngI never stopped looking for you, Anna, never.

IbA69.png

+6 Reunite Nikolai and Anna (205)

F7bDD.png...Yeah, that's totally what I meant to do!

qBXMZ.png I love you, Anna. I loved you from the moment you smiled at me, and I will love you for always.

MKqMk.pngOh, Nikolai. This time we will always be together.

qBXMZ.pngForever?

MKqMk.pngForever!

The ghostly apparition vanishes.

F7bDD.pngJim Darkmagic, forever alone...

...well, time to locate the souls of dead children!

J0xWz.png

F7bDD.pngDead children?

mQ1JX.png You feel a chill go through you as you enter this part of the forest as if a cold wind suddenly sprang up from nowhere.

F7bDD.pngThat doesn't sound like children. I'll have to check this out on a night where I haven't gone through my entire store of magic points. To the swamp!

JkDrI.png

F7bDD.pngHey, dead children! Hey guys, come help me over here a minute, I have a quest to do. I'm a hero, you know. You want to help a hero out, right?

IFjzA.png

F7bDD.pngAhh, fuck it. If you're going to ignore me, I'll find another way to open that damned squid stone. Come to think of it, you things do resemble my Juggling Lights spell...

yRVHb.png

F7bDD.pngIt's worth a shot. Juggling Lights!

XPDMA.gif

mQ1JX.png Your Juggling Lights spell momentarily illuminates the scene with magical light. Before the spell fades, you can see glowing runes and a small hole on the side of the standing stone. As your spell ends, the runes also disappear.

F7bDD.pngRight idea, but I need another hero to deal with the runes while the spell is cast. Fuck that, though, because Jim works alone. So, back to those Wisps...

JkDrI.png

F7bDD.pngLet's see, what do I have that can make them come over here...oh, candy! Hey, dead kids, look! Jim has free candy! Come and get it, nice and safe candy!

pQN5N.png

F7bDD.pngAnd...now!

mQ1JX.png You capture a few of the Will o' Wisps in a flask.

+6 Capture Will o' Wisps (211)

F7bDD.pngLet's try this again, now.

6qVIZ.png

F7bDD.pngOkay, wisps, light it up!

mQ1JX.png When you bring the Will o' Wisp near the standing stone, glowing runes appear around a six-pointed image. In the center of the runes you can now see a small hole in the stone.

12l3V.png

F7bDD.pngThis looks like a job for the tried and true Dark One sign...

mQ1JX.png When you touch the Dark One Sign to its image on the Squid Stone, the Sign locks into place in the small hole. The points of the Sign seem to point to six of the glowing runes.

UMKvB.png

F7bDD.pngWhat was the Dark One's name again? Oh, that's right, A-V-O-O-Z-L.

mQ1JX.png As you complete the name of the Dark One, you feel a distant rumble under the earth as of the earth shifting or some unimaginably huge creature stirring in its sleep.

Part of the Squid Stone opens to reveal a small compartment. You reach in to find a scroll covered with mysterious runes. The symbol of the Senses at the top is the only part you can make out.

You also retrieve the Dark One Sign, which pulls loose from the stone with a slurping, sucking sensation. The hole in the stone closes as you remove the Sign.

F7bDD.pngThat works.

To-Do:
    -- 2. Sense - Acquired at Squid Stone

F7bDD.pngHuh, there's another one by the Great Arch? There's got to be a way to get back up there, then. Detect Magic?

TN6uA.png

F7bDD.pngMagic in the top of the Squid Stone? Trigger that shit.

HGSfn.png
    ehvB4.png

F7bDD.pngKneel before the power of Jim Darkmagic!

fdVpg.png

F7bDD.pngNow...any rituals here? Not visible at least. Detect Magic?

mQ1JX.png You sense no magic in this area.

F7bDD.pngAnywhere to put the Dark One sign?

mQ1JX.png You can't reattach the Dark One Sign to the archway. It no longer belongs there.

F7bDD.pngThen it would appear someone else got to this ritual first.

To-Do:
    -- Fifth (Mouth) - In Great Arch under Dark One's Sign Missing! Stolen..,but by whom?

F7bDD.pngAh well, may as well head back towards town and find a place to sleep for the night.

hgklQ.png
    aXMW1.png

F7bDD.pngYou know what? I actually feel bad about that dead child soul abduction business. Here you go, little guys, back to freedom.

You release the Will o' Wisps back into the swamp.

F7bDD.pngNo points, but I do feel slightly less creepy, now. Tired, but less creepy. Now, to find sleep...

MGozw.png
    IbA69.png

F7bDD.pngHey, you guys are still here...

qBXMZ.png We came back one last time to thank you for reuniting us.

MKqMk.pngYes, thank you so much. Without your help I would have been lost forever.

qBXMZ.pngI do not know how we can help you. This is the last you will ever see of us.

MKqMk.pngIf there is anything we can do for you, please ask.

qBXMZ.pngWe waited so that we could thank you.

MKqMk.pngYou have saved our 'deaths' from being endless and meaningless.

F7bDD.pngYou're...welcome, I suppose? Now, is there anything I need that you guys can help with...

To-Do:

F7bDD.png...Actually, I could probably make use of that hat of yours, believe it or not.

yxiTH.png

+2 Get Nikolai's hat (213)

F7bDD.pngSweet, thanks! Anyway, you guys have been around here forever, do you know the folks at the castle?

qBXMZ.png It has been so long, and I know so little of what goes on today. Still, some time ago, there was talk in town about a stranger moving into Borgov Castle.

V0ZvW.png

F7bDD.pngReally?! The Dark Master for sure? That's wonderful news! You've more than helped me out here, Nikolai. I should probably let you two go in peace now.

MKqMk.png Farewell. May you never be lost.

b1Yri.png

F7bDD.pngIf the Dark Master is really at the castle, maybe I'll finally find someone that understands me, too. For now, though, to sleep. The garden should be good enough for tonight.

GC8oB.png

mQ1JX.png A beautiful fountain with sparkling, crystal clear water beckons to you. This area feels cooler than the rest of the forest.

F7bDD.pngMagical fountain? That's new. Got to at least give it a taste, right?

vhG8l.png

mQ1JX.png There is something about the flavor of the water that excites and entices you. Before you realize it, you find yourself taking a much deeper drink. The water gives you a funny, dizzy sensation. In fact, it feels as if the whole forest is starting to spin around you!

F7bDD.pngOhh, fuu...

YOjFM.png

OzU1r.png

wJkb7.pngNow wait just one...

xTlfA.png

F7bDD.pngNow what the fuck was that?! Ah well, I'm sure they'll find me again if and when they need me. Now, sleep.

HQ4ry.png
    k5zY6.png

8JQio.png

wJkb7.png...son of a...

You are flying in the very source of all magic. You are filled with power and the knowledge of how to use it.

You create flowers dancing around you. Trees fill their branches with magical fruit as you touch them. You dance in a circle and the very ground itself radiates peace and harmony.

wJkb7.png...This doesn't sound like me at all...

You sing the message of your heart, and the magic echoes around you a song of love and happiness. Then you realize that it is not you doing this. It was someone else back in time.

wJkb7.png...see? But then, who is this...

5hhoa.png

wJkb7.png...uh oh...

Darkness surrounds you, eats at you. The voice calls out again, and you are afraid. It calls from the center of the Darkness, drawing you nearer and nearer. The Darkness sucks at you, pulling you towards the voice as it flays all warmth and life from you. You scream.

wJkb7.png...scream? Definitely not me...

Points tally (starting from 199):
    +6 Reunite Nikolai and Anna
    +6 Capture Will o' Wisp
    +2 Get Nikolai's Hat
    Total: 213 points out of 500

lCcl9.png

Voices in.

Piotyr on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    No, do a new post so that it shows up as, well, new <3

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    New set two posts up. That way it's near the TOTP, right?

As usual, I will add the voices later. Possibly tomorrow, if I have time.

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Man, Jim really needs some practice at enticing children into his van capturing the Will O' Wisps. Why isn't he asking for help finding his lost puppy? Or telling them their mother is running late and he's supposed to pick them up and take them to her?

More seriously, is talking to Nikolai and Anna the only way to get his hat? Because I don't remember doing that, but I certainly remember getting the hat.

Yeah, that's the only way to get the hat. It always seemed odd to me that Nikolai's disappearance and death was one of the happier moments in the game.

Piotyr wrote:
    Yeah, that's the only way to get the hat. It always seemed odd to me that Nikolai's disappearance and death was one of the happier moments in the game.

Agreed. And the saddest moment of the game is one you think would be happy.
    Curing Tanya of her vampirism

I've only beaten the game as a Paladin, so I can't remember if that's required to complete the game. Is it?

gjaustin wrote:
    Piotyr wrote:

Agreed. And the saddest moment of the game is one you think would be happy.
    Curing Tanya of her vampirism

I've only beaten the game as a Paladin, so I can't remember if that's required to complete the game. Is it?

Yeah, that's the one required step to trigger the end-game events that I've been basically avoiding.

That's what I thought.

I recall <redacted> being seriously angry over that.

Voices are in for set 56. Ghost Nikolai also sounds suspiciously like Liquid Snake.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yes, dear Anna.

newSig.jpg
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    q4m21fairy105.png

Okay, this is something I've never seen. Probably because I never bothered trying to beat the game as a Wizard (since all the bugs made it so difficult to play).

sig.gif
    The game has a lot of flavor that can be missed in several areas. I also need to start sleeping at the inn more to pick up more of those incidents.

edited February 2012
    Ugh, why you gotta be like that, ImageShack? Starting March 1, all my images aside from the most recent 500 will be deleted. Unless I pay them two dollars a month for...ever? Looking for viable alternatives (which will require rehosting, which...annoys me greatly).

EDIT: I have a new solution, which I will use from this point forward. I will eventually go back and fix my old sets, but...56 of them may take a little while. This also means Josh and Syphyre's sets may soon have broken images. Unless I just post so many more pics than them in sets that their imageshack accounts are under 500 images.

Piotyr on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/ is what I used for my Clocktower LP. Should check them out, can even make albums for sets.

edited February 2012
    Yeah, I'm going to switch over there going forward. Only issue with moving old images is that I have to relink each one for each set, which I am not necessarily looking forward to. :P

EDIT: Thank you for the suggestion, @SkutSkut ! I will post the new set some time tonight using the new hosting service, so I hope everything works out. :)

Piotyr on
    edited February 2012
    Magic User 57 - Spelled of Elderberries

Set Music - Baba Yaga

5Hjh1.png
    You wake in a cold sweat. You remember every detail of the nightmare as though it had really happened to you.

F7bDD.pngIf that's not me, who the fuck am I dreaming about? I'll have to ask that gypsy again some time, after a dream or two. First, though, breakfast!

P9qRT.png
    CnqQn.png
    QalHJ.png
    VRaJX.png

lhCLr.pngGood to see you.

F7bDD.pngFinally, some positive response from the town! While you like me, I should mention that I'm busy tracking down the Rituals of the Dark One for...well, some reason, I'm sure. They're important, at least.

lhCLr.png I have not spoken of it before, because I know so little. Still, it is very bad luck to speak of it and memories of Mordavia are deep.

They worshipped it in the Monastery, that much I know. The members of the monastery stayed mostly within its walls, but the townspeople feared them. They said the followers were all like madmen, concealed in robes and speaking in whispers.

F7bDD.pngOh, those guys guarding the Mad Monk's tomb? Bah, child's play. What happened to get them out of the monastery?

lhCLr.png One day, they were all gone. We heard of the fighting down by the Dark One's Cave, of course. No one returned here, except for my grandfather. He brought the Staff here and said Erana was dead.

That is all I know of the matter. I am sorry if I cannot help you more. Be careful, and good luck.

F7bDD.pngEvery little bit helps. So Piotyr was your grandfather, eh? I don't think he succeeded in destroying the Dark One or the Rituals, so I'll try to succeed where he failed was unable to succeed. But first, breakfast!

AlsVY.png

F7bDD.pngMmm, that's some gooood garlic! Any news on your missing daughter?

AEayq.png...

F7bDD.pngReally, I'm trying to be nice today! I'll figure out a way to make things right, really I will!...I'll just let myself out again.

fDdLr.png

F7bDD.pngWhile I'm here, I should see if Crazium is doing anything useful, rather than repurposing water.

sIQk0.png

F7bDD.pngUhh...

0cd3I.png I have done it! The world shall not soon forget the genius of Dr. Cranium! The experiment is a success! Behold...Frankie!

F7bDD.pngUhh...

0cd3I.png Is she not something? I am looking forward to an exhilarating series of experiments with her.

Do not be concerned if you should be unable to reach me during the next few days. Frankie and I shall be engaged in some very important and engrossing scientific research!

F7bDD.pngI think that's my cue to leave. Forever. And run away fast.

Ws1ct.png

F7bDD.pngThat should be a relatively safe distance. Now, what useful things can I do?

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Gnome
    --- Humor stolen by Baba Yaga
    --- Bonehead wants headgear to allow me past (Hat?)
    -- Innkeeper Yuri and wife
    --- Missing daughter Tanya
    --- Vampire in Castle Borgov, cared for by 'Aunt Trina'
    --- Guarded by Toby the ape
    -- Nikolai - SAVED by letting him die and join Anna
    -- Gypsy - SAVED by rescuing Igor
    -- Crazium - SAVED because I know formulas like a boss
    -- Burgo - Just wants peace, not a bad guy, grandson of Piotyr

- Leshy Riddles
    -- Won't give me next one until I actually see Baba Yaga

- Fortune: 4 Folks that affect me
    -- Inv High Priestess - Baba Yaga
    --- Will help me if I satisfy her
    -- Inv King of Coins - Ad Avis
    --- Experienced failure
    --- Desires revenge, but can't now
    -- Queen of Cups - ?
    --- Kind and loving and trying to help me
    -- Queen of Swords - ?
    --- Either deceiver or deceived

-- 1. Bone - HAVE - Tombstone in swamp
    -- 2. Sense - HAVE - Squid Stone
    -- 3. ? - Hollow of Hangman's Tree, guarded by spirit
    -- 4. Blood - HAVE - Monastery
    -- 5. Mouth - Missing from arch, presumed stolen
    -- 6. Heart - Given to Gregor, missing and likely dead

- Castle Borgov
    -- Katrina
    --- Cares for Tanya
    --- Also HOT
    --- Master's Daughter?
    -- Tanya
    --- Vampire, daughter of Innkeepers
    -- Stranger
    --- Referred to as Dark Master (!)
    --- Not well liked by most in castle

- MISC
    -- Find a way to get Erana's staff in front of town
    -- How did I get here?
    -- Who brought me here?
    -- How in blazes can I get out of here?

F7bDD.pngBetter organized, but holy shit. I'll just reference it by section from this point on. However, I do have this snappy hat now, thanks to letting Nikolai die. Heroing! Off to Baba Yaga's we go...

nc5mj.png

F7bDD.pngOh, Leshy, soon I will satisfy your idiotic requirement. Very soon.

DErmG.png
    wQw83.png

F7bDD.pngA quick Trigger, and...

3qBA9.png

cJznZ.png So, have you got an excuse for being here, or have ya just come ta keep me company?

F7bDD.pngGood news, Skullsy, I found an accessory for you!

Bqoyv.png
    +6 Give hat to Bonehead (219)

NnmxF.png

KkGVh.png Hey, all right you guys! This guy's o.k. by me. You can let him through.

F7bDD.pngFinally! Now, that tree looks really important...

mQ1JX.png A huge old gnarled oak nestles a large rock under its roots as if it were hatching an egg. An ancient dried corpse hanges from its boughs.

To-Do:
    -- 1. Bone - HAVE - Tombstone in swamp
    -- 2. Sense - HAVE - Squid Stone
    -- 3. ? - Hollow of Hangman's Tree, guarded by spirit
    -- 4. Blood - HAVE - Monastery
    -- 5. Mouth - Missing from arch, presumed stolen
    -- 6. Heart - Given to Gregor, missing and likely dead

F7bDD.pngThat certainly looks like a Hangman's Tree. And if Skullsy over there counts as a spirit...

DtICK.png

F7bDD.pngSon of a bitch, who could possibly have...oh, shit, Baba Yaga took it, didn't she. Well, all the more reason to get all up in her business!

To-Do:
    -- 3. ? - Hollow of Hangman's Tree, guarded by spirit Stolen, probably by Baba Yaga

F7bDD.pngOkay, hut of brown, now sit the fuck down!

ijLvd.png

F7bDD.pngWhat's the matter, hut, chicken? Okay, that was bad.

Now, do I have anything a chicken hut might want...ooh, corn! Chickens like corn, right? Even in hut form?

gfYXj.png
    ixxEL.png
    +6 Make Hut of Brown Sit Down (225)

F7bDD.pngAnd here...we...go.

Uejz1.png

F7bDD.pngCower before the might of Jim Darkma...

mQ1JX.png A strangely familiar scratchy voice shouts, "Now!"

baH2b.png
    S5XWV.png
    n8Tp2.png

F7bDD.pngHa, bet you thought I was a witch! But I'm not even close to melting here...

ElcGC.png
    25MY9.png

F7bDD.pngWell, fuck.

mthMw.png Come for a visit, are we? A little chat, perhaps? We remember the last time you came for a little visit, don't we, kids?

F7bDD.pngGives a new meaning to the phrase "bat-shit crazy", I suppose.

mthMw.png You turned me into a frog, didn't you? Thought I wouldn't remember you? "Let's just visit Baba Yaga and see what we can turn her into today," you thought to yourself, hunh?

Well, now you're here and all trapped like a fly in a web. Just looking at you reminds me of lunch.

F7bDD.pngWhat is with you and food? All the time, food.

mthMw.png Good, we'll just skip the main course and go straight to dessert. Any last words from the soon-to-be-supper?

F7bDD.pngStrike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

kZ59M.png
    sFsE6.png

F7bDD.pngFuck, called my bluff, then. Okay, I mean, I'm only here for a stupid gnome who says you stole his humor! You'd be doing everyone, and I mean everyone, a favor by just giving it back to him. It's cruel and unusual punishment.

ieY6j.png

mthMw.png So you came to help the jester get back his jokes, eh? How fitting. He made a fool out of me because you made a frog out of me, and now I'll make food out of thee. Just desserts, after all. So now we can all have our favorite treat to eat, isn't that right, kids?

F7bDD.png*squeaks like a bat* No, let's have pie instead!

mthMw.png You'd rather have pie? What, Eye Pie?

F7bDD.png*squeaks like a bat* No, normal pie you crazy bitch!

mthMw.png Oh, Elderbury Pie! It's true, we haven't had that for a long while. But I can't very well make one now, I don't have any of the ingredients.

Oh, pooh. Now that you mention it, I'd really like some Elderbury Pie, with or without Eye Scream.

F7bDD.png*squeaks like a bat* I bet that awesome-looking wizard can help with that, but only if he's alive.

mthMw.png You're right, he did bring us some mandrake, didn't he? And it made such a lovely mousse. Very well, but it means no Eye Scream, for now.

So, Mr. Tender-Morsel, I'll give you another chance. Bring me some fresh Elderbury Pie, and I won't have you for dessert. Agreed?

F7bDD.pngSounds reasonable.

zExZN.png

mthMw.png Good. Bring us some fresh Elderbury Pie, or we'll just settle for Adam's Apple Pie and Minced Meat instead.

We'll recycle this ice around this fool for Iced Knee later. Hero Lout, Now get out!

F7bDD.pngBut how do I...

I7i6e.png
    uvR3L.png
    5j1F9.png
    tyHzG.png

F7bDD.png...get Elderbury Pie...ahh, fuck.

KkGVh.png Well, what have we here? Back in one piece? I sure never expected to see you outside of a quiche again.

F7bDD.pngYeah, speaking of food, she wants me to get an Elderbury Pie. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get one, do you?

DBftz.png

F7bDD.pngRecipe? Damn it all!

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Gnome
    --- Bonehead wants headgear to allow me past (Hat?)
    --- Baba Yaga wants Elderbury Pie
    ---- Need Pie Pan, bonemeal, grue goo, and Elderbury berries

F7bDD.pngWell, I fortunately already have a pie pan. And I know exactly where to get more Grue Goo. So, that leaves bonemeal and berries. Where do I get bonemeal?

KkGVh.png Well, it won't be on the shelf with the flour and cornmeal. You'll probably need to make it yourself. Get some bones and grind them.

F7bDD.pngSmartass, I have half a mind to grind you, Skullsy.

KkGVh.png Hey, don't look at me like that. Baba wouldn't like it if you used bones she knows personally for the bonemeal.

F7bDD.pngWhat about the berries?

KkGVh.png You'll need to pick them right off the Elderbury bush. Careful, or you'll make it cry. There's nothing worse than Elderbury whines.

I don't know much about it. I don't get around much, after all. I think it's a mean green to the northwest. Careful around it -- if you destroy it, you'll make Baba Yaga very displeased with you. On the other hand, it could destroy you.

F7bDD.pngAt least I have somewhere to look. Fetch quest away!

LYPxB.png

F7bDD.pngLet's head towards the goo and see if there are some bones on the way. This place should be crawling with bones, am I right?

P0dnL.png

F7bDD.pngBones?

jmXTr.png

F7bDD.pngAnything? Anything with bones?

Tj9pN.png

F7bDD.pngThis thing probably has had bones!

mQ1JX.png There is absolutely nothing in the little rabbit's fanny pack. (Well, maybe a pocket watch, but you don't need one of those.)

F7bDD.pngEverybody's a smart ass today! Onward to goo, and possibly bones!

XYMOR.png

F7bDD.pngDamn, not even bones in the swamp?

qWDXy.png

F7bDD.pngWell, here's the goo.

KWRvF.png

F7bDD.pngTwo down, two to go.

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Gnome
    ---- Need Pie Pan, grue goo, bonemeal, and Elderbury berries

4vxsE.png

F7bDD.pngCome on, something with bones attack me!

u3JCm.png

F7bDD.pngYou'll do.

mQ1JX.png Searching the fallen beast, you find nothing of value (unless you were planning on starting a flea circus).

F7bDD.pngFuck! Why is this so hard to find? Fuck it, I'll just look for the Elderbury bush for now...

xBcOD.png

F7bDD.pngWell, don't you look suspicious?

mQ1JX.png There's something strange about this bush. Maybe it's the eyes. Oh, forget it -- it's probably just an ordinary, everyday bush with blood red berries and tentacle-like branches.

F7bDD.pngGood enough reason for me to keep my distance. I'll just Fetch some berries from here, thanks.

mQ1JX.png You try to Fetch some berries from the bush, but they seem to be firmly attached to branches.

F7bDD.pngI can fix that too. I'll just Force the issue!

Zk0AL.gif

F7bDD.pngAnd now...Fetch again!

PR7js.gif
    +6 Acquire berries from Elderbury bush (231)

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Gnome
    ---- Need bonemeal, and Elderbury berries

F7bDD.pngThe search for bonemeal continues...

Ff37u.png

F7bDD.pngSomething here has to have bones...

b7VsW.png

F7bDD.pngLeshy, fuck with me and I will burn this place down and check for your bones among the ashes. I saw Baba Yaga personally, so start being helpful, now!

RU2C9.png
    8RCTc.png

0vNcM.png Ten and twelve make twenty-two, this killer plant will crawl to you. Hungry, hunting seeking food, a berry bush with an attitude?

F7bDD.pngGood thing I just saw the Elderbury bush, then, no?

+2 Solve Leshy Elderbury riddle (233)

0vNcM.png Riddles, riddles, three, two, one. Next one and my riddling's done.

Nine and eight make seventeen, watch out for the Faerie Queen. Cloaked by magic, pale of cheek, what is it that the Faeries seek?

F7bDD.pngGood question. I'll keep that in mind, though. Nothing about bones, though, huh? Ah well, I'll keep searching until I find bones, even it if takes me all night...

Points tally (starting from 213):
    +6 Give hat to Bonehead
    +6 Get Hut of Brown to sit down
    +6 Get berries from Elderbury bush
    +2 Solve Leshy Elderbury riddle
    Total: 233 points out of 500

F7bDD.pngApparently, it's at least going to take me until the next set.

RdJBB.png

Voices in.

Piotyr on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Need a better color for the mad scientist's text. It's unreadable without highlighting.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I like your "Conversations" with the inkeeper.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Nightslyr wrote:
    Need a better color for the mad scientist's text. It's unreadable without highlighting.

Bah, and I even fixed it in the one set, but forgot to change the default. Fixed now.

Piotyr wrote:
    Nightslyr wrote:

Bah, and I even fixed it in the one set, but forgot to change the default. Fixed now.

:^:

And, awesome job with the thread. I check it regularly.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Piotyr wrote:
    Ugh, why you gotta be like that, ImageShack? Starting March 1, all my images aside from the most recent 500 will be deleted. Unless I pay them two dollars a month for...ever? Looking for viable alternatives (which will require rehosting, which...annoys me greatly).

EDIT: I have a new solution, which I will use from this point forward. I will eventually go back and fix my old sets, but...56 of them may take a little while. This also means Josh and Syphyre's sets may soon have broken images. Unless I just post so many more pics than them in sets that their imageshack accounts are under 500 images.
    Imageshack wrote:
    You have 2113 photos stored. Since you're over the 500 photo limit you'll need to upgrade to a Premium account or you'll only be able to keep 500 of your recent photos. Older photos will expire on the 1st of March.

Welp. I figure about 5% are non LP related, and the rest are LP. Out of those, I figure about 50% are actually used in the LP (I tended to upload EVERYTHING and then transcribe text from the screenshots.) But hrm.

Syphyre on
    Voices in on set 57. I happen to like the VO work done on Baba Yaga, sounds just right.

I have images ready for the next set (it was going to all be set 57, but I ran out of character space, so the second half of the day will be day 58). I'm also going to be converting all my images (and then sets) over to imgur, starting from QFG4 and going backwards. I probably won't get all 56 complete before the end of February, but at least the more recent ones will still work.

Since me converting all the set images from imageshack to imgur is pretty damned boring for people who already read all the sets, I'm going to see if I can get set 58 posted tonight.

edited February 2012
    Magic User 58 - The People's Hero

Set Music - Wraith Battle

Sn9ir.png

F7bDD.pngWell, Leshy didn't help very much. Doesn't look like he's even made of bones!

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Gnome
    ---- Need bonemeal

- Leshy Riddles
    -- LAST RIDDLE: What does the Fairy Queen want?

F7bDD.pngWhy are bones so fucking hard to locate? Maybe that gypsy fortune teller can help. They use bones, right? Or was it cards? Ahh, fuck it, I can't even keep my stereotypes straight.

UkdSe.png
    RMfXw.png
    dyKOx.png

F7bDD.pngHey, Gypsy Davy, do you guys have any extra bones from your werewolf shapeshifter scavenging? Maybe that fortune teller has some?

sidlf.png If you wish to know about her, why don't you visit her yourself? She will be happy to speak with you. She was most impressed.

F7bDD.pngMost impressed? Sounds like the opinion of me is finally turning around in Mordavia.

FYq7W.png

AxeSM.png I have seen in a vision that you have a friend in need. A stranger to this land like yourself, you speak with him in his room at the inn. This friendship will send you on a very strange quest.

F7bDD.pngYeah, already been there. Actually, it links to the fortune you told me last time.

To-Do:
    --- Will help me if I satisfy her
    --- Experienced failure
    -- Queen of Cups - ?
    -- Queen of Swords - ?

F7bDD.pngSo, anyway, I figured out how to satisfy Baba Yaga without feeling the need to end myself. I need a bone to make bonemeal to make a pie to give Baba Yaga to retrieve humor for the stupid gnome. Get all that?

AxeSM.png Ah, you tell strange stories, but I can sense that you speak true. You have lived a most exciting life. I do not think this valley will be the same when you leave.

F7bDD.pngDamn straight, granny wolf. So, anyway, I was hoping I could have a new, better fortune, that could tell me where to get bones. Any luck with that?

QdmXT.png
    5qleQ.png

AxeSM.png This Reading is of the ill-omened man. We shall learn more of his purpose and past.

F7bDD.pngShit, that's Ad Avis, not Baba Yaga. Ah well, let's see what old Ad's been up to since he fell out of a building on fire. Because of me.

sGjCr.png

AxeSM.png The Queen of Swords. Some time in the past, this man has met the mystery lady of your present. He may have been betrayed by her, or perhaps he is the betrayer of the lady.

F7bDD.pngKnowing what I know, he's the one that's the annoying shit.

8OgSk.png

AxeSM.png Ah, the Magician. The woman of mystery has magic also. One is the teacher of the other. The order of the cards suggest it is the woman who was the master, and the man her apprentice.

The events you face now obviously began in the dark past. Let us learn now of the more recent ones.

F7bDD.pngSo the Queen of Swords is the Dark Master? Ad Avis having to serve a woman really must piss him off. Which makes me chuckle.

dD7HM.png

F7bDD.pngWait, were there two magician cards in this deck before?...

AxeSM.png Ah, this is your own influence upon the man. It seems you were as important to his history as he was to your own. Let us see the manner in which you affected him.

F7bDD.pngIs there a card for setting him on fire and knocking him off a building? Because that was fucking hilarious, let me tell you.

yPTNo.png

AxeSM.png Death, the card of transformation. You are the agent of this man's failure and loss. You altered his life irrevocably.

F7bDD.pngYou're too kind. I suppose death by fire and gravity is a kind of irrevocable alteration, am I right?

AxeSM.png Even if you destroyed him, he still influences the present. That the cards chose to reveal information about him shows that he is again a player in the game of your life.

F7bDD.pngWell, that is just fan-fucking-tastic. What else can the cards tell me?

psk5v.png

AxeSM.png In the present, the Eight of Swords. This is the card of conflict and domination. The last card which crossed this man was also a symbol of bondage. He is somehow a prisoner, or an unwilling accomplice of another.

F7bDD.pngLet's have a look at what's in the cards next for Addy.

gw2T7.png

AxeSM.png This is the card of conflict and struggle. This man does not take his bondage lightly. Let us see what the cards show of his hopes and desires.

F7bDD.pngYeah, he doesn't seem much like the serving type.

WcBxh.png

AxeSM.png The Chariot represents triumph and vengeance. There is a strong need to gain control of the situation of his life. He may seek escape, but escape is clearly not enough. Let us see in what way he may triumph.

F7bDD.pngIf the next card is another Magician, I'm going to claim the deck is stacked against me.

4vb9K.png

F7bDD.pngWhew...oh wait, is that bad?

AxeSM.png This time the Devil is inverted. The meanings may differ, but this is a card that bodes no good whichever way it lies. Your man clearly seeks release, but with that freedom, he will also seek revenge.

Whatever or whoever binds him now cannot contain him forever. He will seek his revenge, and you will need to be wary. You will face him again in a struggle to the death.

To-Do:
    --- Experienced failure
    --- Serves Queen of Swords (Dark Master is a woman!)
    --- Definitely going to be a pain in my ass again

F7bDD.pngOh, good. Something to look forward to. Any other cards on the table?

GZxzy.png

F7bDD.pngMore bullshit! And absolutely nothing about bones. Plus that took fucking forever. I'd better go, before the world ends of natural causes, for shit's sake.

jexUk.png

F7bDD.pngHope it's not too late yet...

g3T70.png

F7bDD.pngNight already? Fuck! ...wait, is that a pile of bones? Finally!

PR5uL.png

F7bDD.pngOh, you. I don't think you know who you're dealing with here. Aura...Protection...Reflect...and Flame on!

HTFXP.png

F7bDD.pngDrop it like it's hot.

GspCC.png

F7bDD.pngNow, where were we, bone pile?

mQ1JX.png The barrow contains treasure that the Wraith collected while it was alive (or perhaps more recently from treasure seekers less fortunate than you). You find a jewel-studded tiara, 6 gold Crowns, 40 Kopeks, and a few old bones.

F7bDD.pngYes! Bones!

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Gnome
    ---- Need bonemeal but have bones!

F7bDD.pngNo use trying to make this pie this time of night, though. May as well head back to the inn, see if I can get a good night's sleep there for once.

wAhdJ.png

F7bDD.pngUp and over...

wjXOM.png

F7bDD.pngHey, a relatively quiet night...for once.

ea299.png

F7bDD.pngYour hero has arrived!

Ks1TE.png So Dmitri says the gypsy didn't really kill Igor after all.

PcvgA.pngWhat, you hadn't heard? That foolish gravedigger fell into a grave, and was trapped by his own gravestone!

VTLlM.pngLucky for Igor the stranger happened to wander by before Igor starved to death.

AEayq.pngYou are all fortunate that the stranger rescued Igor. You would have burned an innocent man.

Ks1TE.pngI still think the gypsy's a Werewolf.

F7bDD.pngI can say with full confidence that the gypsies are not Werewolves.

Ks1TE.png So you found Igor in the grave? Lucky for Igor you came along.

PcvgA.pngOtherwise, poor Igor would be dead.

VTLlM.pngWell, at least he had a decent burial.

Ks1TE.pngDid you hear that the gravedigger returned to town unharmed?

PcvgA.pngDid you know that the gypsy has been released?

VTLlM.pngWere you aware that rumor has it that you saved both Igor and the gypsy?

AEayq.pngThe gypsy has returned to his people, I guess. It is a good thing for him that you were in town.

F7bDD.pngYes, I was aware. Days ago. I wasn't sure you all were aware of anything, so that's a bit of a relief. Anyway, supper?

GPlIf.png

F7bDD.pngMmm...that's some good garlic, Mrs. Innkeeper.

a4K7i.png

F7bDD.pngYou can speak?! I may have underestimated you, Mrs...

WxgZ7.png Oh, that is right. We haven't been properly introduced. Yuri, will you introduce us?

AEayq.pngThis is silly. You've met before.

WxgZ7.pngStill it would be nice to be properly introduced. Please, Yuri?

AEayq.pngThis is Bella Markarov, my wife and keeper of the kitchen.

F7bDD.pngAnd I am Jim Darkmagic, Hero of Spielburg, Prince of Shapeir, Doom of Tarna, Savior of Igor, and Inadvertent Murderer of Nikolai.

3OGDd.png

WxgZ7.png I am very honored to meet you. My husband Yuri does not like me to talk to strangers. He thinks they may be dangerous. But clearly you are not dangerous. You are a Hero. We need a Hero here.

AEayq.pngBella!

WxgZ7.pngOh, Yuri. I'm just saying how welcome he is in Mordavia.

F7bDD.pngAnd this might be the first time I actually feel welcome in Mordavia. I'm going to quit while I'm ahead here, and get a full night's rest, for once.

oxU6X.png

F7bDD.pngFinally, a bed and some peace and quiet...

veqY8.png

wJkb7.png...damn it, I feel like I'm being watched...

428qz.png

F7bDD.pngHey, you're my boy, Blue! What's new?

OsxHt.png Hero talk good. Hero deeds better. You help Domovoi, help you I will. Good you here. Many things talk about. Many things need to do.

Many sad things in Mordavia. Many sad things need your help. Gnome need help. Nikolai need help. Yuri and Bella need help. Olga and Boris need help. Others need help. Even Domovoi need help. You help some, maybe you help others.

F7bDD.pngMaybe you hadn't heard yet, but I already helped Nikolai...die. Hey, I got Olga and Boris back together, so there should be less bitching in the shop, at least! I mean, I saved Igor! What else does a Hero need to do to get a little respect around here?!

OsxHt.png You help Domovoi, Domovoi help you. Not far from inn bad place is. Very bad place. For sure bad place door try to kill you. Magic symbol you need. Magic symbol on door will open.

F7bDD.pngYeah, been there, done that. What else do you need?

OsxHt.png In bad place, Domovoi is. Domovoi not alive. Domovoi not dead. Domovoi very dry. Domovoi you help, more help I give you. See you I will again after you help Domovoi.

F7bDD.pngWhy must you speak in riddles? What can you even do to help me? Is there anything you can even tell me that I don't already know?

OsxHt.png In castle, many things dead. Many things undead. How to really help Tanya, I not know. Staff in town plenty powerful magic, but not know how to use it. Maybe gypsies know. Talk to gypsies.

F7bDD.pngWell, I would like to get my hands on that staff, yes. Fine, you win, I'll try to ... uhh ... rehydrate your Domovoi friend. But after sleep, thanks.

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Domovoi
    --- Wants me to rehydrate his friend at the "bad place", likely Monastery

- MISC
    --- Domovoi says to ask the gypsies

F7bDD.pngNow, sleep.

veqY8.png
    VIH32.png

wJkb7.png...oh, mother fucker...

What is it? Where is he?

He's sleeping. Most people do that at night, remember?

This is ridiculous. Stop playing with him. We can easily bind him to our Will.

You are not to go near him, do you understand? I am not 'playing' with him. It is very important for me to establish a good relationship with him. Besides, he will need the help of others to accomplish our mission. The more friends he makes, the better.

Friends, bah. You told me yourself that the townspeople distrust him. How is he supposed to make these friends?

You forget, he is a Hero. I am certain he will do something to gain their trust.

You are a fool if you still think you can use him without controlling him first. You know what happened to me.

You are the fool! I know how to manipulate men. After all, even YOU must now do as I say.

The voices fade off.

wJkb7.png...I really need to cast Calm on my brain before I go to sleep...

Points tally (starting from 233):
    +0 Get another fortune
    +0 Find a bone
    +0 Become well liked in the inn
    +0 Agree to help Domovoi
    Total: 233 points out of 500

Magic:
    VATuz.png Zap: 375
    7dmCl.png Flame Dart: 360
    jd01h.png Force Bolt: 306
    1uuwK.png Open: 288
    9SYW7.png Trigger: 262
    MMQqX.png Fetch: 253
    hT4Su.png Reversal: 205
    T5REU.png Frost Bite: 201
    XLzbT.png Protection: 133
    933pD.png Aura: 106

nAme3.png

Voices in.

Piotyr on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Wait..... didn't you torch the monistary?

newSig.jpg
    Well, I tried to torch the monastery, but the narrator stopped me.

• HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    I can't help but think that, if not for the dulcet tones of JRD Jim's path would look closer to Black Mage's than a QFG story.

And before anybody calls me on that dream sequence at the inn, that dream can only happen on the night after you fail to save Igor. But, hey, I'm trying to include all the dreams here, and several have very specific circumstances.

Voices in for set 58. The old set image replacements continue!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I like your "Conversations" with the inkeeper.

So good.

In news nobody who keeps up with this cares about, I now have half of the QFG4 sets switched over to imgur. At this rate, I should be able to get all the QFG4 sets switched over before the end of the month. It's a...slow...process.

Since all of that doesn't matter to people who are keeping up, though, I'm going to take a break from fixing old sets to put together a new one now. :P

• RucioRucio Registered User regular
    This is still my favorite LP on the interwebs Piotyr. Good going!

edited February 2012
    Magic User 59 - International Woman of Mystery

Set Music - Meeting with Katrina

MjxSR.png

F7bDD.pngYet another busy night. Now...what to do first?

To-Do:
    - Townsfolk:
    -- Domovoi
    --- Wants me to rehydrate his friend at the "bad place", likely Monastery
    -- Gnome
    ---- Need bonemeal but have bones!

-- 3. ? - Stolen from Hangman Tree, possibly by Baba Yaga

- MISC

F7bDD.pngHmm...tough call...wait, what's that on the chest?

mQ1JX.png The note reads "Please meet me tonight outside the town gates. I will be waiting." It's signed, "Your friend, Katrina."

To-Do:
    - Castle Borgov
    -- Katrina
    --- Cares for Tanya
    --- Also HOT
    --- Master's Daughter?
    --- Meet tonight

F7bDD.pngYep, that cinches it. I'm definitely better off with the use of some sort of staff this evening...but first, breakfast!

cU1ZD.png

F7bDD.pngSo, I'm really interested in that staff in front of town. You guys know anything about that?

WxgZ7.png My Grandmother used to say that the Staff was from the Mage Erana. That it was Erana's final gift to Mordavia when she died.

F7bDD.pngThat's some kind of sentimental value. So I'm sure it'd be cool with everyone if I took it and walked off with it, then, right?

WxgZ7.png...
    AEayq.png...

F7bDD.png...I'll just let myself out.

ChqqR.png

F7bDD.pngIt's been a while...why can't I just take this thing again?

mQ1JX.png The Staff feels warm and almost alive in your hand. You hear an eerie voice in your head.

This I must first do -- the sacrifice of life for one of love.

mQ1JX.pngYou find yourself letting go of the Staff very quickly.

F7bDD.pngThat's right. Either someone who loves me has to sacrifice themselves, or I'll have to sacrifice myself...yeah, that's not going to happen. Gypsies?

EETAX.png
    IB7le.png
    sBGFF.png

F7bDD.pngStill wish they didn't have such an aversion to the townspeople. It's not like the people would try to hurt them...oh, right.

3gSeH.png

F7bDD.pngSo, a blue guy told me to ask you about that Staff in front of town. It looks lonely, so I thought I should find a way to keep it company.

AxeSM.png The Staff of Erana has a great deal of magic. It protects the town from the Undead, although the townspeople do not know it. I had a vision of it one night.

I heard it speak in the dream. It told me how it protected the town and of its Destiny Spell. When the staff spoke no more, I saw a beautiful crystal floating in the air. The staff touched it and the crystal shattered. That was all I saw.

F7bDD.pngWhy can't you or I ever have direct, sensible dreams? What's this Destiny Spell you speak of, though?

AxeSM.png In my vision, the staff said that it would guard the town until it cast its Destiny Spell. That one day someone would bring a dead loved one before the staff. That person would trade his life force through the staff.

The dead would rise alive and well, though the one who gave his life for the dead would never know. That would be a true sacrifice, done with foreknowledge and with love. The staff still stands in the town, so I do not think anyone has been willing to make such a sacrifice.

F7bDD.pngSo basically I need to find someone dead, and someone else who loved them still alive to sacrifice themselves to bring the dead back to life. Damn, I completely wasted Nikolai!

To-Do:
    - MISC
    -- Find a way to Get Erana's staff in front of town
    --- Need to cast Destiny Spell, which requires one dead thing and one living thing that will sacrifice themselves to bring the other back

F7bDD.pngWell, maybe a new Fortune will help me find someone for this Destiny Spell.

To-Do:
    --- Will help me if I satisfy her make her Elderbury Pie
    --- Serves Queen of Swords (Dark Master is a woman!)
    --- Definitely going to be a pain in my ass again
    -- Queen of Cups - ?
    -- Queen of Swords - ?
    --- Dark Master(!)

AxeSM.png Again we ask the cards to reveal what was, what is, and what might be.

CLKzp.png

AxeSM.pngAh, the mystery woman will now be revealed. Let us see that which was her distant past.

F7bDD.pngQueen of Cups, eh? Please be Katrina. If she's genuinely trying to help me, I think I just found the woman of my dreams.

ogJcp.png

AxeSM.png In her past, she has been dominated and defeated. Her Significator card reinforces this impression of tragedy, of some cruel event that shaped her life.

F7bDD.pngWell that's not good. What happened?

qgPMV.png

AxeSM.png Strength is the card of courage and defiance. That which bound her in the past could not break her. She gained her freedom not through luck, but through her own actions. This is a woman with great inner qualities. The tragedy of her past has molded her present, but she alone has shaped her life through fortitude and determination.

F7bDD.pngGreat inner qualities to mirror her great outer qualities, I hope. Next card...

Wngrz.png

AxeSM.png The sign of the Magus, the master of magic and self. She has great power and self-confidence. This can also imply self-deception and illusion, as well.

F7bDD.pngIt sounds more like Katrina every card...although the illusion bit is a tad concerning.

AuoJu.png

AxeSM.png An inverted Death! This signifies stagnation. She has not grown beyond the past. Rather, she is trapped by immobility. She is changeless, and her gains have been balanced by her losses.

F7bDD.pngTrapped in the past? Can't leave the castle, perhaps? Any more help from the next card?

gm2sz.png

AxeSM.png This card shows that she is working towards some goal, some desire that has yet to be fulfilled.

F7bDD.pngAwww yeah. And that's where I come in.

jTM5U.png

AxeSM.png This is the card of love! Her present is influenced by affection for another. It seems that our mystery woman is falling in love with someone. This is not what she was striving for; it is something in addition to her current goals.

F7bDD.pngYep, this is definitely Katrina, and that is definitely me.

AxeSM.png Now you shall reveal the future as she would have it.

i2SKU.png

AxeSM.pngThe World is the summation of all desires and goals. It can represent the reward of all one's actions, or the admiration of others. This can be the symbol of eternal life. It can mean attainment of ultimate power and perfection.

F7bDD.pngUltimate power and perfection? Cards, you make me blush. I must see more!

xnoMF.png

AxeSM.png This is truly the card of illusionary goals. That which she seeks to gain is only a delusion.

F7bDD.pngHey, I'm all wizard, lady!

AxeSM.png What she desires and what she will gain through her actions are very different things. She cannot see that she is seeking an illusion, and should she attain her goal, she will ultimately lose.

F7bDD.pngI'm right here, granny! And I suppose the last card is the dark one again...

Stltg.png

AxeSM.png Everyone in this accursed land is affected by this Dark One. Aiee, that we had never set foot here!

F7bDD.pngEverything ties to those fucking rituals. Ah well, Now I know more about Katrina.

To-Do:
    -- Queen of Cups - Katrina
    --- Suffered hardships in past
    --- Bound to the present
    --- In love with me
    --- Goals are an illusion?

F7bDD.pngI'd best be off. I need to go see about a pie for an ogress about a gnome. It makes more sense in context.

nVEnT.png
    KUZO5.png
    PjiMf.png

KkGVh.png So, did ya get it? Show me. I won't let you in without it. Ya better got everything ya need ta make the pie. I'll help ya cook it, courtesy my buddies here.

F7bDD.pngOkay, Bones. I have the stuff for the pie. Except I need to actually make bonemeal from this bone first.

vTBx1.gif
    +2 Make bonemeal (235)

F7bDD.pngWhile I'm doing this, I was wondering...have you seen a Ritual of the Dark One anywhere around here? It was in this tree...

KkGVh.png You realize it's supposed to be bad Karma to mention the Dark One. What do I care? It can't do much to me now anyway. Well, you probably seen the cave mouth. We flew by it in the hut on the way into the valley. Nasty looking thing. It takes some sort of Ritual magic to get the mouth to open. Someone at the castle has that ritual now, I understand.

F7bDD.pngSomeone at the castle has the Ritual to open the mouth? Well, that's just fantastic.

To-Do:
    -- 5. Mouth - Missing from arch, presumed stolen Owned by someone in Castle. Didn't Katrina open the mouth? Wonderful.

F7bDD.pngWell, bonemeal's ready. One part bonemeal, one part goo, one part elderbury, and here we are. One finished pie, ready to bake.

KkGVh.png Looking good. Now show it to the head skull over there, and get outta the way fast if ya don't want to add rump roast to Baba's menu for tonight.

ds69w.gif

KkGVh.pngHey, Birdlegs! Squat!

tlEKy.png

F7bDD.pngLet's do this thing. After a quick Reflect spell, because I'm not an idiot.

Vdzqy.png

F7bDD.pngI'll just step past the door, this time...

mthMw.png Not very trusting, is he, kids? Good, it's not like I trust him. Floor Quick! Make him Stick!

mQ1JX.pngYou find your shoes stuck in the floor.

w2M1Z.png

F7bDD.pngDamn it, stop that!

mthMw.png Spirits of the swamp and mire, Aid me in what I desire! Creatures of mist, Beings of Fog. Turn this human into a hedgehog.

F7bDD.pngHa!

mthMw.png What? You have some sort of protection spell going? Didn't help your feet, did it? I guess we'll just have to settle for manwiches again.

Oh, that's right. You were supposed to bring me something weren't you? You must have it. Bone for Brains wouldn't have let you in otherwise.

F7bDD.pngBone for Brains is a good one, actually. But yes, I made your stinking pie. Take it!

+6 Give Baba Yaga the pie (341)

mthMw.png Yum, that smells delicious. Just the way we like it, fresh from the fire. So, let me think, how should I reward you for such a lovely pie?

F7bDD.pngWell, there's this Gnome whose humor you took, and it's making the entire fucking town miserable. So, for the greater good, that would be...nice.

yCJDt.png

mthMw.png Oh, all right. Take this 'Good Humor Bar' and give it to the Gnome. I suppose there is nothing more pathetic than a Gnome who can't tell a joke.

F7bDD.pngDon't I know it. While I'm here, I was wondering if you saw a ritual...

mthMw.png Tasty Treat, Now Retreat!

HjrjI.png

F7bDD.pngDamn it, I wasn't finished. Listen to me, ogress...

uuGQM.png

mthMw.png Back so soon? I hope for your sake you brought us something to eat. After all, there's always room for Hero, heh, heh, heh.

F7bDD.pngNow what do you want?

mthMw.png You should know my tastes by now. Anything gruesome and toothsome, after all.

F7bDD.pngFine, I'll get your useless shit again. But I was wondering...

HjrjI.png

F7bDD.pngFuck it, I'll just get the same shit again...

5OEde.png

F7bDD.pngOkay, Elderbury bush, this is going to hurt you a lot more than it hurts me...

5OEde.png

F7bDD.pngNo berries? Maybe I just need to keep pelting you with Force Bolts...

5OEde.png

F7bDD.pngFuck it. I'll just get the other shit.

WS8FJ.png

F7bDD.pngGoo...and wait until night...

XIIyD.png

F7bDD.png...and bones...

oFyZp.png

F7bDD.pngAll too easy. But wasn't I supposed to be doing something tonight?

To-Do:
    - Castle Borgov
    -- Katrina
    --- Cares for Tanya
    --- Also HOT
    --- Master's Daughter?
    --- Meet tonight

F7bDD.pngOh, shit. Gotta go!

u9NOX.png
    tOYhl.png

F7bDD.pngHey, Katrina. Hope I wasn't too late...

gyLUk.png Hello again. Did you get my note? I hoped I could see and speak with you again. I hope you don't think I'm too...well, forward, but it's just that I don't meet many new people around here. I'd love to hear about your adventures.

F7bDD.pngOh, I could talk about those all night. Let's start with a story about me and setting wizards on fire...

WRdOm.png

gyLUk.png You have seen so many places and people. I love listening to your adventures.

F7bDD.pngIf you like my talk, you'll love my action...

gyLUk.png You'll make me blush if you keep speaking like that, but I really don't want you to stop. I like listening to you.

F7bDD.pngYou could always come up to my room...

gyLUk.png I mostly just work in the castle. That's why I can't see you during the day. Someone might notice I'm gone.

F7bDD.pngHey, while we're on the subject of mouth action...you wouldn't know anything about a Mouth Ritual, would you?

gyLUk.png I've got to go...Maybe we can meet again? It's too dangerous for me to come here again. It's so far from the castle. Maybe we could meet by the castle gate some evening. I'll watch for you there.

Please don't mention me to the gatekeeper. I'll get in trouble if anyone finds out I sneak out of the castle. They think it's too dangerous outside the gate, but I need to get out to see you again. Good bye!

mQ1JX.pngYou watch her walk off before you think of doing anything else.

F7bDD.pngSmooth talking, Jim Darkmagic. Hopefully I get another chance in a few days. I'm not even against the Dark Master! Even if it is her mother. Ah well, time to find sleep. Think the garden will do tonight, since I'm really not up for the damned inn.

Zqu2W.png
    8mGjw.png

wJkb7.png...wonder if...

jAg10.png You remember the happiness of being here before this. Now there is greater joy. You are not alone.

wJkb7.png...Katrina?...

You are filled with the warmth of friendship. You share your hopes, your dreams, all the best moments of your life, knowing that here is someone who understands and cares about you. You reach out to touch your friend, but there is no one there.

wJkb7.png...wait...Katrina...

693kI.png

wJkb7.png...biggest tease dream ever...

Points tally (starting from 233):
    +2 Make bonemeal
    +6 Give pie to Baba Yaga
    Total: 241 points out of 500

Magic:
    VATuz.png Zap: 398
    7dmCl.png Flame Dart: 360
    jd01h.png Force Bolt: 308
    1uuwK.png Open: 296
    9SYW7.png Trigger: 262
    MMQqX.png Fetch: 257
    hT4Su.png Reversal: 213
    T5REU.png Frost Bite: 201
    XLzbT.png Protection: 151
    933pD.png Aura: 123

UF3FD.png

Voices in.

Piotyr on
    Rucio wrote:
    This is still my favorite LP on the interwebs Piotyr. Good going!

Thanks! I'm glad you still enjoy it. :)

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    What are you doing with that phallus-shaped pestle? o_O

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    What are you doing with that phallus-shaped pestle? o_O

I'm grinding bones, of course...

...what?

Added voices to set 59. Going to try to migrate the rest of the QFG4 sets to imgur, and finish set 60 by the end of Friday. If I don't, I'll be out for a week before posting the next one.

Piotyr wrote: »
    Added voices to set 59. Going to try to migrate the rest of the QFG4 sets to imgur, and finish set 60 by the end of Friday. If I don't, I'll be out for a week before posting the next one.

vader.jpg

Well, it's been a week, so...