As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    Kid had a good game, blame developers.

Am I the only one who read this with the Stranger's voice?

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote:
    welp, I'm officially done with this game. even when I do well I dont have fun. if I see a bunch of you guys on I might put it in, but thats it. of course I'll still lurk the thread cuz its fun, but yeah. im making the mature decision to get out of this abusive relationship.

peace out CoD. I might take you back in 9 months when you get a boob job, but until then please dont call me.

EDIT: fantastic TOP for the CoD thread.

Come play Battlefield 3 with me!

Not that we ever actually played MW3 together, but that's not the point.

you're on PS3, right? if so, I will totally play BF3 with you.

and taking a break from CoD would be easier if I actually had other games to play. or, you know, a job...

Yeah I'm on the PS3. I'm pretty sure you friended me about a week or so before I stopped regularly playing MW3. :)

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dac wrote:
    Shadowrun for the 360 was pretty awesome as far as mechanics went. Who doesn't want to play an elf with cybernetic eyes who can temporarily see through walls and lugs around a minigun and then the next round become a katana-wielding dwarf that can teleport through walls, ceilings and floors while committing 'pips' of magic to resurrect allies?

S'too bad the netcode was horrible and it took 15-20 minutes to find a match even on launch day. So sad.

I remember playing the beta on 360 and having some fun. But when it came out I heard it was pretty crappy.
    Musicool wrote:
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    Kid had a good game, blame developers.

Am I the only one who read this with the Stranger's voice?

If you're talking about Bastion, then no you aren't.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    For better or worse, I just entered Prestige Mode. I used my two unlock tokens to unlock the mk14 and C4.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    Dac wrote:
    Shadowrun for the 360 was pretty awesome as far as mechanics went. Who doesn't want to play an elf with cybernetic eyes who can temporarily see through walls and lugs around a minigun and then the next round become a katana-wielding dwarf that can teleport through walls, ceilings and floors while committing 'pips' of magic to resurrect allies?

S'too bad the netcode was horrible and it took 15-20 minutes to find a match even on launch day. So sad.

Shadowrun was a great game!

That you could never play...seriously, one match an hour. So wish they had execution on par with their ideas.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:

Grats on the new HPVR!

What editing software are you using anyway?

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    I had been using Pinnacle Studios 14, which came with my Dazzle HD. Now I'm using ArcSoft Showbiz, which came along with the HD-PVR. It's very different, but I'm slowly growing more and more accustomed to it.

• PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So I started Operation: Milk Ducks. I mimicked his play style and kit from the video.
    The very first match was Dom on Seaside. My first care package while defending A and B was an Osprey Gunner. The result? The entire enemy team left. The people who joined afterwards sobbed the rest of the match. The next match was Dom on Outpost. No super CPs, but I did get an attack helicopter and and a pavelow. neither of which got shot down. The result? A team without blind eye is no team at all. A bloodbath. The final match I'll be talking about is Dom on Village. I didn't get a single useful CP the entire match, but I got multiple 3+ kill predators.
    Basically, Milk ducks has a horrible voice, but his videos can be helpful

Bless your heart.
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote:
    Milk ducks has a horrible voice, but his videos can be helpful

... That's kinda weird.

Also his voice seems fine to me.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    I need a murder-squad. People should probably get online.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    TTODewback wrote:
    Milk ducks has a horrible voice, but his videos can be helpful

... That's kinda weird.

Also his voice seems fine to me.

I'm not getting this horrible voice thing either, he might not sound like XboxAhoy who has a really great voice for listening to, but I dont hear anything wrong with it.

In other news, Predator -> Attack Chopper -> Reaper is pretty good, but the Reaper should only be used on specific maps.

Sirialis on
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That Police Warfare vid looks interesting.
    Mercy, totally would join you but, ya know, work.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Thanks, guys. I'm glad my videos helped you out, man. Out of curiosity, what about my voice bothers you? I mean, I can't exactly change it, but I'm curious to know what it is you don't like, lol. I know that I do a lot of "yeahs", "uhs", and "likes", but that's just the way I talk. I could be a lot more professional about it (and I have), but it just doesn't sound like me. That may not be your complaint, but it's something that sometimes bothers me about my own recordings.

But yeah, I'm glad you were successful using the advice I gave in the clips. That's pretty much the whole reason I make them.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:

Oh standard def wasn't good enough was it? Has to be HD?

Sheeesh could you possibly try any harder

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    Thanks, guys. I'm glad my videos helped you out, man. Out of curiosity, what about my voice bothers you? I mean, I can't exactly change it, but I'm curious to know what it is you don't like, lol. I know that I do a lot of "yeahs", "uhs", and "likes", but that's just the way I talk. I could be a lot more professional about it (and I have), but it just doesn't sound like me. That may not be your complaint, but it's something that sometimes bothers me about my own recordings.

But yeah, I'm glad you were successful using the advice I gave in the clips. That's pretty much the whole reason I make them.

Yo, yo Ducks. I'mma let you finish man, but Vynguard has the greatest voice of ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.

Edit: Why would someone comment on someone's voice? He's basically calling you inferior. You should kill this motherfucker ducks!

Oh, it really doesn't bother me. Like I said before, it's ultimately something that's out of my control, so what's the point in letting it get to me? I'm curious to know what it is about my voice that he doesn't like, but it's not going to keep me up at night. It would be like someone saying, "Ducks is a good player, and I learned some cool stuff from his videos - too bad he's black", or something like that. There's nothing I can do about it, so meh.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:

Fantastic game, and it looks good in HD :)

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    holy shit, ducks. You're black!? No wonder our resident Texan hates you!

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm Texan and I don't hate ducks or black people.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    milk ducks wrote:

Your next commentary should be in a English gentleman's voice.

"I say, are you spawn-trapped my good man? Well, mayhaps you and your lads should venture a smoke grenade or three?"

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well that video wasn't bad, but you had a video on Black Ops (It was Nuketown) that made me hate it. I can't describe it but it was something with the inflection and some sort of pitch change when you started complaining about something. Its like hit the spot just right and I think my eye started twitching.

Here is the results of the first match. The entire enemy team left the match after I got the a, Osprey Gunner streak with a CP. If Steam lets you hotlink images..
    8C0010FE4584FDF5EE898D57999C94382B71D175

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    I really wish I could get on earlier in the evenings. I seem to always be #7 to the party. I can totally understand not going to ground war since a lot of times ground war sucks. It's just a bummer playing with pubbies for a couple hours hoping someone is going to leave. :cry:

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Well, amish, next time we'll just go to groundwar. Though probably not tonight. it's women's night, afterall.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    People here rage just as much in regular 6v6 matches as in Ground War, be it to deaths or connections. And the latter have been horribly erratic no matter what game mode we play. I'd rather we all play together and not exclude anyone.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Prisca wrote:

I played that game, it was called SWAT 4. And you should play it too.

And then we can play it co-op because that's how awesome it is.

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    It always makes me a Sad Panda when I hear our PA groups leavin' folks out because we wanna avoid GW. We've almost always gone into GW when people wanna play. At least, we have since I've been playing (MW1). You go into GW, you play a few games, you win a War of Attrition (who will say "fuck this lobby/lag, im ouuuuuut" first) with someone, and bam: back to 6-man.

:^: Vacorsis. Play together and play nice. For certain definitions of "nice."

Also also... where the hell are you people at respectable times during the evening? I see no one from like 8PM-10PM (Eastern), then I get up in the morning to find posts from 1AM-3AM bein' all "good games last night!" WHAT GAMES, DAMN YOU?! :cry:

Sad pandas all up in.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I think we should only play Ground War, even if it is only 2 people.

God, why am I posting? I don't even have my Xbox hooked up to my TV since last-last weekend.

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Prisca wrote:

I played that game, it was called SWAT 4. And you should play it too.

And then we can play it co-op because that's how awesome it is.

There's also Payday: The Heist, which people should get to play with me on PSN.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    Does anyone on here still play Black Ops? Is there a PA clan/group of any sorts?

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    hottoq wrote:
    Does anyone on here still play Black Ops? Is there a PA clan/group of any sorts?

I play BLOPS every couple of days - more than I play MW3. But I'm a roo-riding convict so someone will lag badly. If that's not an issue, add me and we'll scare up some numbers. GT: StumbledTuba.

Speaking of, anyone up for BLOPS?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited February 2012
    Its work time, Tunafish.

Go to work!

Burtletoy on
  • hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote:
    hottoq wrote:

I play BLOPS every couple of days - more than I play MW3. But I'm a roo-riding convict so someone will lag badly. If that's not an issue, add me and we'll scare up some numbers. GT: StumbledTuba.

Speaking of, anyone up for BLOPS?

Sounds good! My GT is brianmueller333 if anyone else is up for BLOPS. I play mostly after 10pm EST.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I am already level 25 or something again. And I am loving the mk14. I am still playing around with my ideal set up. I feel like it doesn't lose too much when I put a suppressor on it, and I enjoy putting an ACOG on it. I some times put the grenade launcher on it for DZ.

How do other people set up it?

It still bugs me that the EMP knocks out the ACOG, because ACOGs are not electronic.

Mk14, impact w/ reddot.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Also posted this in the Steam thread. Is the MW2 PC multiplayer community still active and not proliferated with hackers? It's $5.00 on Amazon right now, and I would love an alternate to BF3 on the PC, but only if peoples are still playing.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    random guess says, probably still bad. worth a $5.00 check? sure.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:
    Also posted this in the Steam thread. Is the MW2 PC multiplayer community still active and not proliferated with hackers? It's $5.00 on Amazon right now, and I would love an alternate to BF3 on the PC, but only if peoples are still playing.

The only other person on my Steam friends list that plays Call of Duty in any form is Jaunty, but I only see him in MW3.

My advice? Unless you want to play Spec Ops or Horde Mode with a friend, avoid MW2 and MW3 on the PC.