As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    because they work together and co-credit everything? it's a partnership.

huntresssig.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    because they work together and co-credit everything? it's a partnership.
    She is credited as inker and all of the interviews/teaser material for Defenders only talk about Terry Dodson on art!

You're bein silly.

CYpGAPn.png
    no I am not! everything talks about the dodsons being on art.

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote:
    no I am not! everything talks about the dodsons being on art.
    DEFENDERS #3
    MATT FRACTION (W) TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    I AM A DEFENDER VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

Marvel Reveals More From Matt Fraction and Terry Dodson's Defenders #1.
    defenders1cover.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    exactly!

the cover has one dodson on it when there would normally be separate writer/artist/inker credits.

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote:
    exactly!

the cover has one dodson on it when there would normally be separate writer/artist/inker credits.
    No it would Dodson and Dodson like the actual covers!
    2187898-defenders_3_super.jpg

Rachel Dodson is totally awesome but if I add her I have to go back and look up all the other inkers for books because I would feel bad and I am way too lazy to do that

CYpGAPn.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    She should get a credit for tracing and making the menfolk sammiches?

Hensler on
    just do it for rachel

doooo it

huntresssig.jpg
  • herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    I really need to check out Defenders. Terry Dodson rules.

steam_sig-400.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Mrs Dodson is kind of important in making Mr Dodson's work look good, it's true

I always just refer to them as "the Dodson's" like some sort of 60's sitcom family

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I don't think Rachel Dodson is really that important to his work, if you look at some of his pencils on his deviant art. He has a much firmer line control than others who need inkers to finish off the work. His sketches show he could get away with no inker, especially in a watercolor look. And since I can't think of any other time when Dodson hasn't had his wife ink, even when he was starting out on X-Men annuals, it just works out to be more effective to hand it to the person on the other side of the table to ink.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the Dodsons: The Nick and Nora Charles of comics art

TexiKen wrote:
    I don't think Rachel Dodson is really that important to his work, if you look at some of his pencils on his deviant art. He has a much firmer line control than others who need inkers to finish off the work. His sketches show he could get away with no inker, especially in a watercolor look. And since I can't think of any other time when Dodson hasn't had his wife ink, even when he was starting out on X-Men annuals, it just works out to be more effective to hand it to the person on the other side of the table to ink.

As an aside, some of those deviantart pics

well

damn

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote:
    Or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Greg Land"

Please do'nt tell me that Greg Land is still on X-men? God damn, just lie to me and make me feel better.

Just until he takes over Uncanny X-Force and Daredevil next month.

He's also drawing Avenging Spider-Man right now. I picked it up and went "Oh cool, Hawkeye is in this arc. Oh wait, Greg Land is drawing it, nevermind.", then put it down. I refuse to spend any money supporting that hack.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Land is only drawing issue 4 of Avenging. It's a one-shot issue anyway so you can skip it no worries.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    It's Hawkeye, though.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yeah... I got excited a few years ago because I saw Fraction/Brubaker on Amazing x-men, right after I had finished their awesome iron fist run.

Then I opened the book and was introduced to greg land.

initiatefailure on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Hickman said he never planned on leaving "Ultimates," and he took "Ultimate Thor" with "the understanding that I would get 'Ultimates.'" But now, he said, "I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse, so I'm taking it."

Hickman on avengers pretty much confirmed?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    I'll throw a bet out for Hickman on Marvelman

wait marvelman isn't a legal deadzone anymore?

edited February 2012
    I'd hope after three years and the possible connection to the McFarlane/Gaiman Spawn settlement last month, and sacrificing Friedrich and Kirby to the lawyer gods for a bountiful summer event, Marvel have been able to figure out what they bought by now.

TexiKen on
    Hickman's one of the few guys writing today that I would expect to put out something on par with the Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman run of Miracleman.

Hmm, after looking it up, Marvel seems to have bought the rights as of three years ago but has barely used it and only reprinted the earliest of the work.

Did not know that.

Hensler wrote:
    Hickman's one of the few guys writing today that I would expect to put out something on par with the Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman run of Miracleman.

Yeah, I'd go for a Marvelman book by Hickman.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Hmm, after looking it up, Marvel seems to have bought the rights as of three years ago but has barely used it and only reprinted the earliest of the work.

Did not know that.

Why buy the rights & not use it?

Because they bought the rights and then got tied up in the legal issues that still plague the brand

they have been saying "We will have news soon" for years now

CYpGAPn.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Avengers vs. X-men would be a good way to introduce Marvelman as something that came from the Phoenix.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Avengers: Age of Ultron by Bendis and Hitch. That Avengers FCBD reprint of 12.1 is actually now printed as Age of Ultron .1. Point point point. Power point.

viewer-500x768.png

If they make it a stand alone mini series, that seems an odd choice, but then again it still allows for Avengers and New Avengers to ride the double shipping AvX wave.

those are going to be some busy avengers this summer

huntresssig.jpg
    WHERE THE FUCK IS PROTECTOR

He wasn't on that cover when it was originally published last year you goof

he is in the issue though

CYpGAPn.png
    Notice that BuckyCap is there

CYpGAPn.png
    SHUT UP

Spider-Woman, go away. Nobody wants you on their team.

Hensler wrote:
    Spider-Woman, go away. Nobody wants you on their team.

I like her.

edited February 2012
    Julia Carpenter <3

More Marvel Zombies! It will never end! Ever! That's one of those series and concepts that sales showed don't sell anymore, no matter how wacky and zany Howard the Duck is (which makes me think of that bad Fear Itself mini).

TexiKen on
    Jessica Drew is a character who on paper should be quite interesting but manages to actually be incredibly boring

I dunno how but there it is

Solar wrote:
    Jessica Drew is a character who on paper should be quite interesting but manages to actually be incredibly boring

All she needs is the right creator to execute her properly. I'd like to see what Busiek or Waid would do with her.

Solar wrote:

All she needs is the right creator to execute her properly. I'd like to see what Busiek or Waid would do with her.

There's no such thing as a bad character, after all. Still, I feel like they would be going against the grain with that one.

Solar wrote:
    Solar wrote:

There's no such thing as a bad character, after all. Still, I feel like they would be going against the grain with that one.

There's so many directions they can go with her. An ex-spy, undercover agent, seductress, insanely attractive, has "Spider" in her codename. There's no reason she can't be a success. I'm surprised Bendis didn't make her a huge star. How was she in his Avengers run?

This discussion has been closed.