As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me buy a Mouse and a Headset

spool32spool32 Contrary LibraryRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I have two purchases I need to make. Help me make them!

Firstly, I use the Logitech Performance MX mouse:

19678.png

Note the thumb rest, the tilted angle, and the contoured righthand edge. I've used this mouse for a while now because I get RSI and this basic hand position seems to be perfectly non-stress.

However, I'm growing less than thrilled with the longevity of this mouse. I'm on my 3rd one in 3 years (I used the previous iteration from Logitech as well) and I'm looking for something with excellent ergonomics, tilt-wheel, back/forward thumb buttons, and preferably wireless that isn't comically terrible. If there's one thing Logitech has gotten right (honestly, they do a lot of things right and I love this mouse apart from the button failure after a year or so) it's their Unity wireless system.

So, is there another ergo-friendly mouse out there that isn't the Logitech one? I'm willing to spend a lot of money on a mouse if it really is good and doesn't murder my wrists.

My wife has TMJ, and we're looking for a set of headphones that completely cover the ear but don't put any sort of pressure along her jawline near the front of her ear and just below. Prolonged pressure on that joint in her jaw triggers an intense migraine, and sometimes causes her jaw to come "off track", so her teeth don't align properly and she has to "pop" it back in - it's a cringe-inducing audible pop, too. She's a small woman, so the minimum adjustment on most headphones is the only setting she can use. We'd like to be able to use these headphones on the PC and the xbox, and have a mic included.

It seems like every set she's tried has been the sort designed to clamp on your skull so tightly you can headbang wearing them. The higher-priced rigs are always in a box we can't open to try on, so we have no idea about anything in the < $120 range. I'm willing to pay as much as $200 for the perfect set, but I'd really not pay over $100 if I can avoid it.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

spool32 on

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    Headset: Behind the neck
    I like the behind the neck one's as it doesn't mess with my hair and they feel better.

Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Checking out the Cyborg - any other options for headset?

Come on folks, I know you people don't use keyboard shortcuts to post on the forum. Is everyone just going cheapo bargain mouse?

• Options
    sliver911sliver911 Registered User regular
    Mouse - I just purchased the Cyborg RAT 7 Gaming mouse. I realize you may not be looking for a mouse for gaming needs, but the product in my opinion provides the best comfort. Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is completely customizable on this mouse. At this point, the mouse feels like a complete extension of my hand, or a "glove" if you will.

I purchased mine for about $85.00 (Canadian)

The dpi settings go up to 6400 (again, you probably have no need for this)

What you will be utilizing is the chasis which can be reconfigured however you wish. It comes with multiple options for the pinky and palm rests as well.

Check out their website.

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

I believe the RAT 9 is the "wireless" option.

Good luck!

• Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-570LP-BLK-Headphones-Black/dp/B00385XTX4
    The *only* comfortable headphones in existence. Not even joking. I have (unfortunately) many pairs of medium/high end headphones that cause comfort issues after 4-5 hours use(hair, jaw, ears etc.). The above gives the best comfort out of headphones I've ever had.

Edit: Can be worn overhead & behind neck, btw.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    sliver911 wrote:
    Mouse - I just purchased the Cyborg RAT 7 Gaming mouse. I realize you may not be looking for a mouse for gaming needs, but the product in my opinion provides the best comfort. Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is completely customizable on this mouse. At this point, the mouse feels like a complete extension of my hand, or a "glove" if you will.

I purchased mine for about $85.00 (Canadian)

The dpi settings go up to 6400 (again, you probably have no need for this)

What you will be utilizing is the chasis which can be reconfigured however you wish. It comes with multiple options for the pinky and palm rests as well.

Check out their website.

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

I believe the RAT 9 is the "wireless" option.

Good luck!

I already linked this in the first response. ;)