As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Justified] City Primeval premieres 18 July, holy shit! (ALL THE SPOILERS)

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote:
    I wish they led with last week’s episode.

I haven’t missed one yet this season but inevitably something will come up, I’ll need to skip an episode and that’s it. I won’t watch it on FX anymore so I end up waiting for the dvd.

Plus this show is so damn good I wouldn’t mind watching it twice.

That's why DVR is good. Never miss an episode that way.

edited February 2012
    SammyF wrote:
    I'm not sure I'd say that he orchestrated it; he had no idea how many other guys were coming in addition to the boss.

Actually, it's the kind of stupid idea that could only work on TV now that I think about it. What was Raylan's endgame going to be if there had been three guys circling the house instead of just the one?
    Raylan didn't expect the criminals to turn on each other that violently. When they started arguing he looked amused rather than calculating.

Harry Dresden on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Not to mention, it doesn't matter HOW fast you are. You don't walk up to two guys with guns when yours is holstered. Even if one is slow and one is stoned. It was a stupid plan if it was a plan at all. If it had just worked out that way or if there was some compelling reason to play it like that it be badass. And he did manage to work it so it ended up there anyway, but he just walked into some bullets for all he knew to start with. You'd think getting shot recently would incline him away from that course of action.

I'm now kind of wishing it had went in a triangle, instead. Raylan gets winged. :P

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Shooting those 2 guys in the dentist episode is still the most badass thing Raylan has ever done.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i like to think messer dialed 911 but never hit the call button

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote:
    Not to mention, it doesn't matter HOW fast you are. You don't walk up to two guys with guns when yours is holstered.

Rules only matter 'till you reach a level of ability where rules no longer apply. I'm pretty sure he Raylen passed that level long ago :p

Damn, you have me there.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote:
    I actually still like last season better, but this one is definitely starting to get really good and may eventually eclipse the other in my mind.

The only knock I really have against last season is that it was basically Season 1's arcs and dynamics with a different cast playing the roles. It was a great season, but kinda samey.

I'm really liking the free-for-all that's developing this season.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    TheOrange wrote:
    Xeddicus wrote:
    Not to mention, it doesn't matter HOW fast you are. You don't walk up to two guys with guns when yours is holstered.

Rules only matter 'till you reach a level of ability where rules no longer apply. I'm pretty sure he Raylen passed that level long ago :p

Doesn't hurt when his opponents are a fairly obese man and a junkie too.

Corpekata on
    Doesn't help too much, either. Their bullets will do just as much damage if they hit you. As I recall he didn't exactly have his gun out and trained on them both before they both fired, so... But rules are for mere mortals!

• fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh man, Dewey Crow ....
    I sure hope you manage to get your kidneys back next week!
    (next week's preview spoiler)

fshavlak on
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    GIVE ME A GODDAMN AMEN

This show. So good.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited February 2012
    McDonough the highlight of the episode as usual.

Give me an amen give me an amen I said give me a god damn amen.

Heisenberg on
    I was kind of hoping Devil wouldn't hesitate before things went sideways on him just for a bit of hubris for Boyd. You just knew things would, but he could have done a little better.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    oh my god its Jules!
    from Psych!

Joolander on
    Christ, Dewey more of a butt monkey on this show then Dickie Bennett.

• Commander 598Commander 598 Registered User regular
    Christ, Dewey more of a butt monkey on this show then Dickie Bennett.
    Well he's a desperate man, goddammit!

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Watching the final shootout there's some funky shenanigans with raylen's gun.
    You see the nurse take raylen's gun and put it in the back of his pants. After he drops raylen into the tub the weapon is in the front of his pants. Then he gets shot, falls backwards onto raylen who magically ends up with the pistol in his hands so he can shoot the girl.

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Carpy wrote:
    Watching the final shootout there's some funky shenanigans with raylen's gun.
    You see the nurse take raylen's gun and put it in the back of his pants. After he drops raylen into the tub the weapon is in the front of his pants. Then he gets shot, falls backwards onto raylen who magically ends up with the pistol in his hands so he can shoot the girl.
    Meh, it was a continuity error. The close-up shot of him sticking the gun in the back was foreshadowding what was going to happen in the bathroom, but for whatever reason, they screwed up with that later shot.

It sucks and it takes away from the show a bit, but it does happen from time to time.

Captain Tragedy on
    Such a weak episode. Next week looks good, though.

Heisenberg wrote:
    Such a weak episode. Next week looks good, though.
    It was an episode to set things up. Next week the shit hits the fan.

I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed Dewey Crowe and his four kidneys doing a shortened version of Crank 3.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    It wasn't a bad episode, but it just wasn't a great one. It still remains my favorite show on television.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i really hope something nice happens to dewey in the end

obF2Wuw.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote:
    I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed Dewey Crowe and his four kidneys doing a shortened version of Crank 3.
    I thought it was funny, and I didn't think it was bad, but I also don't think it was quite in the usual theme of Justified. They had to hang several lampshades on just how far out it was, and I think that's an indicator it probably doesn't quite fit with the show.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Granted, I would've liked the Quarles/Boyd scene to go on for a bit longer. Like, say thirty minutes.

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So hey guys, I had thought of this really awesome post yesterday to add to this thread before the episode aired, but I couldn't get online to post it. So just pretend that it's yesterday, okay?

Ahem.
    Tonight, on a very special Valentine's "Justified," a sociopath prison nurse steals Dewey Crowe's kidneys...AND OUR HEARTS!

SammyF on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I didn't understand the ending of the episode.
    Was that a Dear John letter from Winona?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    This was largely a filler episode, telling us very little about the overall plot for the season, but tying up some loose story threads before the meat of the episode order gets cranked up. Everything about Dewey, the Guard, and the Nurse is largely tied up, so we probably won't hear about them again. We probably won't hear from Dicky any time soon, either. Winona might be out of the picture for a few episodes, as well.

Which is all good. Time for the main course.

edited February 2012
    This was largely a filler episode, telling us very little about the overall plot for the season, but tying up some loose story threads before the meat of the episode order gets cranked up. Everything about Dewey, the Guard, and the Nurse is largely tied up, so we probably won't hear about them again. We probably won't hear from Dicky any time soon, either. Winona might be out of the picture for a few episodes, as well.

Which is all good. Time for the main course.

Winona might not be gone, for long anyway.
    Quarles is looking for Raylan's weak spots. Winona is high on that list.

Harry Dresden on
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote:
    The beginning scene suggests that it was. Winona has a strong dont give a shit anymore vibe going on.

Carpy wrote:
    poshniallo wrote:
    The beginning scene suggests that it was. Winona has a strong dont give a shit anymore vibe going on.

Which jives with her stance last season, but is still kind of annoying. It's not like Raylan sprung this crap on her out of the blue. Twice. But they were really damn vague about what it actually was, so maybe it was a transfer to Glencoe (or wherever)!

Looks like Winona's in the next episode. In the trailer it had a split second scene of a woman that looked like Winona being hit against a wall by a male assailant.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    boyd needs to educate his thugs on how to frisk a man properly

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited February 2012
    dlinfiniti wrote:

No-one expects someone to have a retractable gun up their sleeve. That's why Quarles is so dangerous.

That said, he leaves himself very vulnerable. His gun only has a single bullet & I don't think he carries a back-up piece.

Harry Dresden on
  • AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    I feel like if Quarles ran out of bullets he would just eat you.

ACsTqqK.jpg
    Astaereth wrote:
    I feel like if Quarles ran out of bullets he would just eat you.

Fighting an armed Raylan Givens without a weapon or a gun with one bullet that missed the target is suicide. Hell, he'll kill you with his car.

dlinfiniti wrote:

No-one expects someone to have a retractable gun up their sleeve. That's why Quarles is so dangerous.

That said, he leaves himself very vulnerable. His gun only has a single bullet & I don't think he carries a back-up piece.

A retractable gun? No. A small gun? Knife? Grenade? SOMETHING? Yes. It wouldn't be hard to spot that thing, either. But suspension of disbelief etc.

Xeddicus wrote:
    dlinfiniti wrote:

A retractable gun? No. A small gun? Knife? Grenade? SOMETHING? Yes. It wouldn't be hard to spot that thing, either. But suspension of disbelief etc.

A knife or grenade would be held usually in a belt or sheath under their torso's clothes (sweater, vest, coat etc). Quarles gun being hidden in his sleeve is the perfect spot to avoid being found by a pat down by Boyd's security. Notice they never tried to search his sleeves. That's what makes the retractable gun dangerous.

Because it's TV. -I- would be checking his sleeves and I'm not versed in doing so to make sure I don't get killed...

This discussion has been closed.