As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    rubikscube wrote:
    I would enjoy being a part of this as well - any chance 314 is available? Otherwise any happy prime will do (7, 13, 19, 23, 31, 79, 97, 103, 109, 139...).

#314 is yours!
    adastra wrote:
    I'm game - is 73 available?

#73 is yours!
    zjs wrote:
    Sounds like fun. Is #127 available?

It is fun, and you may have #127!

• MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote:
    Okay, I have negative artist skills, and finally decided I should do this.

Would someone much more capable (and photoshop savvy) message me and give me a hand?

Thank you!

Apparently I can't message on my phone, oh well if you need help let me know.

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    I've been playing around with mine for a bit. Since I am getting close to finishing can I grab the next available number?

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Can I go down as 10001 ? (17 binary-ized :P)
    MxWood wrote:
    Kiashien wrote:

Would someone much more capable (and photoshop savvy) message me and give me a hand?

Thank you!

Someone is helping me (and patiently awaiting some updated photos from me- I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had a chance yet!), thank you!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kiashien wrote:
    MxWood wrote:
    Kiashien wrote:

Thank you!

Someone is helping me (and patiently awaiting some updated photos from me- I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had a chance yet!), thank you!

To stick with the template I think folks would appreciate sticking to an up to 3 digit decimal number. They'll probably give you 17 though if it's still available :)

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote:
    MxWood wrote:
    Kiashien wrote:

Thank you!

You already have been assigned 17, so you're good there. If you could me those pics I'll get your card finished :)

signature.png
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    mishapp wrote:
    I've been playing around with mine for a bit. Since I am getting close to finishing can I grab the next available number?
    18 is yours

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    zezspecs wrote:
    mishapp wrote:
    18 is yours

Wicked Thanks

• DatixDatix Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I've put this off the last two years, but not this time. I need a number! Could we also get a Reddit alien badge for the front? I'd like to see how many Redditors we have at PAX!

Datix on
    Datix wrote:
    I've put this off the last two years, but not this time. I need a number! Could we also get a Reddit alien badge for the front? I'd like to see how many Redditors we have at PAX!

19 is yours. If someone makes a Reddit badge, I'm sure Dave will add it.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    Datix wrote:

this is an awesome idea! I can try to make one when I get home from work tonight...

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • UriainUriain Frantically reloading Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I would also like to partake in the trading card aspect. If possible could I get #137 (cause i'm not quite leet) if not, could I please use #314 or #668.

I also don't have much experience with the creation side of this, might I garner someone's assistance in putting a card together please :)

Split Infinity Radio - Get loud, Get Mental
    Saturdays 5pm EST - HEADSHOT - Getting your First, Third, and everything inbetween shooter news, reviews and gameplay tips
    Uriain wrote:
    I would also like to partake in the trading card aspect. If possible could I get #137 (cause i'm not quite leet) if not, could I please use #314 or #668.

I also don't have much experience with the creation side of this, might I garner someone's assistance in putting a card together please :)

#137 is yours! Someone should be with you to help.

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Hi Uriain! You have mail :)

signature.png
  • Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If 87 is available I'd like to have that one.

Doc Rogers wrote:

87 is taken already. Do you have another number in mind, or would you like the next available one?

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Doc Rogers wrote:
    Sorry, I snagged that one early. You can have 88 if you want. I think its still free.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    I've got my artist working on my card. Apparently he knows a lot about Magic. He's decided to make a "place" card. I do not know what that means.

If 86 isn't taken I'll take 86, but if not I'll take 88, I haven't seen a full list so I don't know. :(

Doc Rogers wrote:
    If 86 isn't taken I'll take 86, but if not I'll take 88, I haven't seen a full list so I don't know. :(

86, 87, and 88 are taken. We don't make the list public so that we can keep track of which numbers have been taken.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    I've got my artist working on my card. Apparently he knows a lot about Magic. He's decided to make a "place" card. I do not know what that means.

looking forward to seeing it; your card from last year was one of my favorites!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Can I get #115?

MagnifiedX wrote:
    Can I get #115?

#115 is yours

The reddit badge is also now available.

badge_reddit.png

• DatixDatix Registered User regular
    PeasantDave, thanks for the Reddit badge! I might have missed it, but I'm not sure I got a number. Can I get #63?

Datix wrote:
    PeasantDave, thanks for the Reddit badge! I might have missed it, but I'm not sure I got a number. Can I get #63?
    zezspecs wrote:
    Datix wrote:

19 is yours. If someone makes a Reddit badge, I'm sure Dave will add it.

You were assigned 19 earlier on when you asked for a number. Is 19 okay, or do you want to change to 63?

I'll just take a random number then since I can't see what numbers haven't been chosen.

Doc Rogers wrote:
    I'll just take a random number then since I can't see what numbers haven't been chosen.

20 is yours then!

zezspecs wrote:
    Doc Rogers wrote:

20 is yours then!

Works for me!

Doc Rogers wrote:

We do it this way to make sure no one gets duplicate numbers and creates a paradox. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    For those who are playing Assassins Ball this year if you'd like to rock your faction on your card I've linked the 100x100 transparent png images below for use. If you need the .ps files to tweak things to get them display better let me know. I'll update when the last two factions are ready.

Kingsport Raiders
    faction_image_small.png

Robot Ninjas
    faction_image_small.png

Varsity Dead
    faction_image_small.png

Cowboy 'Verse
    faction_image_small.png

Also for those playing we'll be making some trading cards. Initially we were going to do a set for each faction but we may end up doing just one card so we can print more. Our idea is to give you two per kit, one to keep and one to share/trade.

MarsChelios on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    For those who are playing Assassins Ball this year if you'd like to rock your faction on your card I've linked the 100x100 transparent png images below for use. If you need the .ps files to tweak things to get them display better let me know. I'll update when the last two factions are ready.

Kingsport Raiders
    faction_image_small.png

Robot Ninjas
    faction_image_small.png

Varsity Dead
    faction_image_small.png
    Also for those playing we'll be making some trading cards. Initially we were going to do a set for each faction but we may end up doing just one card so we can print more. Our idea is to give you two per kit, one to keep and one to share/trade.

don't forget to request numbers for those cards you plan on making ;)

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    Oh right, I needs a number! I'll take just one for now, will request more if I we do go the individual faction cards route.

• Ghostbusters of NHGhostbusters of NH Registered User regular
    Can I get a Number as well?

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    And a number for me, please? 113 would be delightful if not already taken.

Oh right, I needs a number! I'll take just one for now, will request more if I we do go the individual faction cards route.

The Assasin's Ball is card #21
    Can I get a Number as well?

22 is yours
    And a number for me, please? 113 would be delightful if not already taken.

113 is yours

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Here's mine. Anyone sees a mistake? I've had this proof read as much as possible but none of us are expert at the English language.

Also I had to toy a bit with the template so that I could fit the flavor text.
    PaxEast2012_Master_Back.jpg

PaxEast2012_Master_Front.jpg

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Can I have #26? If not that, #619.

Could one of the volunteers help me put together my card? I have all of the information and pictures ready, just lacking PhotoShop.

Here's some obsure-ish badges that I made for LJ and the Food Exchange.
    0004c0he.png
    For LiveJournal users. (All 3 of you who are going to PAX.)

000494sh.png
    For the International Food Exchange! I'm looking forward to this!

vicechan on
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    Here's mine. Anyone sees a mistake? I've had this proof read as much as possible but none of us are expert at the English language.

Unless you're directly quoting for effect, "baloney sandwhiches" should be "bologna sandwiches"

Otherwise it looks good.

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote:

In the second ability, the word "Instant" is redundant. All creature abilities are instants. *pushes nerd glasses*

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Hey, I've got two friends who are going to participate, so I need numbers for them. Since I'm 708, if you don't mind giving me 709 and 710 for them, that'd be great.

Also, I don't think either of them are doing QR codes. Has anyone done anything else with that space?

This discussion has been closed.