As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spycraft 2.0 Game: Is anyone interested?

QuethalQuethal The InfrequentOaklandRegistered User regular
edited July 2006 in PAX Archive
Hello everyone, a friend and I wanted to put together a Spycraft 2.0 game for PAX, which we would run on either Saturday or Sunday in the tabletop gaming room. However, we do not know how many people are interested in Spycraft, or if anyone even knows anything about it, so we first thought we'd throw this out on the table to see how people react to it.
Spycraft is an RPG that is centered around more modern and slightly post-modern settings. While it is based around spy missions (a la James Bond, Mission Impossible, Bourne Identity, et cetera), the system itself is very flexible and is intended to be used for any sort of modern game, ranging from horror to post-apocalyptic. However, we will be running a Spy-based game.
Beginners are welcome, so if you have not played Spycraft before, feel free to join if you are curious and want to learn more about it. Though we will have pre-made characters, I will try to give you as much choice and customization as is prudent. I have run and participated in pick-up RPGs at game cons before, so I realize that while pre-made characters are ideal for a quick setup, people enjoy playing a character that feels a bit more their own.
So anyhow, if enough people seem interested, we'd be happy to set it up. Go ahead and reply on this thread if you would be interested in learning more about it. If you have any questions, please ask away. I do so enjoy answering questions :D . If you feel the need to message me, feel free to do so.
Thanks for your feedback!

Quethal on

• Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    is it a pen and paper RPG?
    how long does it take to play?
    when are you going to run it?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    is it a pen and paper RPG?
    how long does it take to play?
    when are you going to run it?

Yes, it is a pen and paper RPG.

The game would probably be between 2 hours to 5 hours if people seem to be really enjoying it.

I just looked at the schedule, and I believe the best time would be on Saturday, starting around 3:30 or 4:00. This may change however, but most likely would be then.

Quethal on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    I could quite possibly be down for this, although I have never played it.

Is it "newb" friendly?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    If you are familiar with D20 it shouldn't be a problem.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I could quite possibly be down for this, although I have never played it.

Is it "newb" friendly?

Agent Vesago is right, and even if you are not familiar with d20, I will be happy to accommodate you. It will be as noob friendly as possible :) .

Quethal on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    I really haven't played much PnP RPGs since high school, which was many a year ago, although I keep meaning to get back into them. I've not played any of the d20 system games, but I'm a quick learner and know the basic mechanics of RPGs pretty well. I'm intrigued, so put me down for a tentative yes, providing scheduling conflicts do not interfere.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Rankenphile: Alright, we'll be happy to have you there if you wish to join; the D20 system is meant to be pretty easy to understand. Though Spycraft is a bit more of an advanced PnP game, my friend and I will be making it as easy and smooth as possible.

Note: Ninja edit!

Quethal on
  • Options
    MukaikuboMukaikubo Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'm a maybe. I'd prefer some nice GURPS, but Spycraft 2.0 is pretty okay.

Mukaikubo on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Mukaikubo: K, awesome. Do you know if there will be any GURPS games going?

Quethal on
  • Options
    MukaikuboMukaikubo Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Quethal wrote:
    Mukaikubo: K, awesome. Do you know if there will be any GURPS games going?

Hah. I wish. I'd kill for a good GM to run a one-shot Transhuman Space campaign.

Mukaikubo on